Masaaki Yamagiwa, Producer

>Masaaki Yamagiwa, Producer
>Known for: Bloodborne, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Tokyo Jungle
>“Like last year, we have been active behind the scenes since Bloodborne, so I’d like to make 2018 the year all we have done so far bears fruit. Please look forward to it.”

What do you think it might be, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it is a BB sequel, is it gonna be impossible to talk about for months like the original was?

>Dark Souls 3 director, Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed that From Software is already working on new IP, while reiterating that the studio does not want to return to its most famous series, saying "Dark Souls is over."
>new IP
there you go
I will never understand why people still cling to hope that Shadows Die Twice is BB2 or anything but a new IP.

Shadows die Twice obviously

Fuck Bloodborne, where's my Tokyo Jungle sequel? Come on Sony.

Miyazaki said in an interview that they were working on three new games. He flat out confirmed they were making an Armored Core game, but I have heard nothing about it for like a year and a half, and now everyone seems to think it's not happening. Shadows die twice is probably the new IP and the "weird" game he talks about, and I guess Dark Souls Remastered is the second game. That means the third game is either Armored Core, BB2 or something else

ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

Bloodborne 2 - a switch exclusive

wait, From announced a VR game that was supposed to come out in 2017? What happened with that?

You know the guy quoted in OP works for Sony right? From had nothing to do with Tokyo Jungle.

headsets are not up to where they need to be is what aka they are laggin low refresh rate shit.

Armored Core is still happening and the Dark Souls remaster is not a new game.
It's Armored Core, new weird shit, and something in the "vein" of Souls games. We don't know which one Shadows Die Twice is supposed to be. What we do know is that there will not be any sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins.

So the armored core game is still coming definitely? I mean Miyazaki announced they were making one and they never said it was cancelled or anything

It wasn't specifically a VR game, it was a PS4/Xbone/PC multiplat with VR support. I think people got it in their head that it was a King's Field reboot.

>What we do know is that there will not be any sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins.
where do they say that? Miyazaki just said he was finished with Dark Souls

It's definitely happening, not only because of what you said, but also because Miyazaki loves the shit out of those games. Don't forget he's the president of FROM now.

he isn't Hideo or Kojima and he's not japanese phil fish so who gives a shit?

delete your thread faggot

>"There’s absolutely no plan right now for any sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins. But I can’t say for certain the possibility is 0%. For example, if a From Software developer come to me five years from now and beg ‘please let me make another Dark Souls‘. Then I will not rule out the possibility to let my subordinates start a new project. What is certain for now is, to me personally Dark Souls is over."

>Miyazaki made clear that this feeling applies to Dark Souls' predecessor, Demon's Souls too, responding to a question about a sequel by saying, "we want to try new things." Presumably, that also applies to Bloodborne which, despite ostensibly being a new franchise, relies heavily on the Souls games' template.

Dude expressed multiple times the wish for a new IP. Maybe someday, but BB2 just is not on his radar right now.

Can Sony make a Demon's Souls remake and a 4K patch for bloodborne?

>Dude expressed multiple times the wish for a new IP. Maybe someday, but BB2 just is not on his radar right now.

Miyazaki doesn't like sequels/milking, right?

Shadow Tower sequel if the last VGA teaser was related to what he said

He didnt say there wont be anymore souls he basically said i need money for it and he didnt say he wasnt going to not make a sequel to Bloodborne.

Shadows die Twice IS Bloodborne 2 or at least a new Soulslike IP.

Hes fine with them if people give him money for them.

You know, usually, when several producers behind games like Bloodborne on Soul Sacrifice comment on how they're working on a really ambitious game, that's something to look forward to and make speculations about.

Only on Sup Forums does this shit escalate into Souls-related screeching and shitflinging.

I mean, he made Demon's, then Dark, then BB. He only returned for DaS3 because he wanted to finish the series. Judging from his history there's gonna be a new IP from him instead of a sequel to anything.

>He didnt say there wont be anymore souls
except he did
>he didnt say he wasnt going to not make a sequel to Bloodborne.
except he did
nigga just accept that BB2 is not coming now, it's a new IP.

Why does Sup Forums want From to continue milking Dark Souls?

Bloodborne II hype

they are asking him specifically about Dark Souls here, to which he replies there will be no sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins for it. Bloodborne is not considered a spin off or tie in to Dark Souls. Officially it is a completely separate thing

They mention how he feels that way about Demon's as well. Why would it be different from BB2 especially when he himself said that development on a new IP has already begun?

It's not like I'm making shit up. Straight from his own mouth. New. Ip.

>Dark Souls is over

he said nothing about Bloodborne, brainlet

I don't have anything against From release more games of the same formula but I'm sick and tired of seeing creatively bankrupt sequels. Bloodborne was special because it felt fresh, it getting a successor would be fucking stupid.

Heck, just look at imitators like Nioh and Code Vein that are so bent on copying mechanics that they refuse to even use proper BGM in levels, something that certainly would help with boring level design and let's face it, neither of these two (or DaS 3 for that matter) excel/will excel in that area.

>but I'm sick and tired of seeing creatively bankrupt sequels

What's wrong with DS2 and DS3?

the only brainlet here is you, faggot
missed the part where he mentions NEW IP?
no matter how many times I quote him and say that the man wants to work on something new you guys just can't let go of your delusions

I can't wait until E3 when you fags will finally shut up

Tokyo Jungle 2
FUCKING TOKYO JUNGLE 2

PLEASE

You know it. PC Master Shitposters can't help but REEE at the thought of not being able to play it and express it in all sorts of weird psychologically quirky ways when a simple "Man, I wish this wasn't an exclusive" would suffice.

Tokyo Jungle 2

Seamless massively multiplayer, behind the back camera with stylish action combat

Everyone in here talking about Souls, BB2, and Armored Core. I'm just sitting over here hoping for Chromehounds 2 still

As someone who doesn't own a console I'd love to play it and think it deserves a 60fps version for how fantastic the combat plays. DS3 while really fun left a bitter aftertaste when compared to BB.

>DS3 while really fun left a bitter aftertaste when compared to BB.

What's wrong with it?

>Tokyo Jungle
Uuderrated game general

Combat is slow, many weapons feel the same and the general atmosphere didn't quite hit the mark like DS1 did.
BB by comparison had an incredible atmosphere the entire time and the weapon movesets had weight and momentum behind them.

There's nothing objectively wrong with it but it's obvious the team poured so much heart into bb that they were still in love with it while developing ds3 causing it to bleed over.. which might sound cool but ds and bb don't mix that well and ds3 ended up feeling like a ds rehash with bb influences.

Oh get out with that, for Sup Forums standards this is a perfectly fine discussion thread.

only problem I had with DaS3 was that it was more of the same and I'm kinda sick of it by now. DeS was good shit and individually they're all well made games but it's time to move on lest they wanna become Ubisoft / Activision tier in their rehashing.

Weren't they forced to make sequels to Dark Souls?

THIS

I have no idea but that may be. Each DaS game after the first one felt like it had less passion put into and more like it was just going through the motions in terms of design. I certainly wouldn't want to make the same game 4 times in a row.

Speculation is that when Bamco picked up From in the wake of DeS’ surprising success, it was for a multi-game contract.

>Each DaS game after the first one felt like it had less passion put into and more like it was just going through the motions in terms of design

How so?

I guess we will only see bloodborne 2 on the next generation, as a system seller

Will the next From Software game have you fighting the final boss near the hub area like Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and BB?

Bloodborne is my favorite game. If this next game even slightly resembles Bloodborne, I'm excited.

Bloodborne was the only ps4 game for a very long time.
A Bloodborne 2 would be in a completely different context.
Then again, considering how retarded this games' fan base is, nothing would surprise me.

I heard that they weren't expecting Dark Souls to be popular and when they saw the petition to get the game on PC they got From to make the Artorias DLC and bundle it with the PC port before releasing it on PS3/Xbox

I can't wait until E3 when you fags will finally shut up
FINALLY someone gets it

Nobody expected Souls to be a mainstream success like it was, that’s right. Not From, not Sony and not Bamco. DeS was a cult hit that Sony underestimated and Bamco signed From thinking DaS would be roughly the same; a well received, somewhat niche game that’d get decent sales for a Japanese game released in that era. No one predicted that it’d blow up with the LOL SO HARDK0RE retards and do as well as it did. I mean, Bloodborne was only a thing because Yoshida saw DaS’ success on the PS3 and 360 (He approached From with the offer while AotA was in development) and realised that he’d fucked up not securing it as a Sony-exclusive franchise.

Fuck waiting till E3 to hear new things about shadows die twice

Not long now :^)

Were DS2 and BB made at the same time?

Yeah. DaS2, BB and DaS3 were all in development at the same time at one point.