Why dont they make good games anymore?

why dont they make good games anymore?

by appealing to normalfags, and games as a service makes more money from brainlet masses

Because people's attention spans and expectations have shrunk since the influx of inbreds following Facebook/iPhone release. Post-2007 has been a deluge of garbage aimed at the lowest common denominator.

What's worse is you will never win, because they outnumber you several hundred to one. Let the hobby go.

Games aren't for us anymore, unless you look hard. I think with few exceptions I'll just be playing shit from the 90s, like Daggerfall and Everquest.

Good games are a relic of the past, shitlord

fuck if I know

>durr no good games ne moar

Your taste is probably awful. That's why

Name 5 in the past year.

prepare for weebshit and indie cash grabs

Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Celeste
Horizon Zero Dawn
Cuphead

Nigga 2017 was one of the best years in a damned long time and I know you already knew that

>It's indie so it's bad
Why are people huge AAA dicksuckers these days?

Older than a year
That's one
Indie SJW propaganda shite
No lol
No lol

You can do it bud, just four more.

>Let the hobby go.
Pretty much

Lol

Hollow Knight
Cuphead
A Hat in Time
Super Mario Odyssey
Persona 5

Indie doesn't automatically mean good. Most indies are trash tier garbage. Most games in general are trash.

>a fucking Braid/Meatboy clone
>Horizon Zero Awards

Uhh
Cod 4
Bioshock
Mario galaxy 2
Team fortress 2
Portal

Oh wait thats 2007 my bad

For fucks sake

Not bad.

Why don’t they make less autistic game players anymore?

Yeah because Persona 5, BOTW, and Nier Automata were all crap. /s

>Good games aren't good because they can be put under these made-up buzzwords

Command and conquer 3
Ass creed
Uncharted 1
Halo 3
The witcher
overlord
God of war 2
Civ 4
Youngfags btfo

>all these tasteless normalfags ITT
Either stop looking only at AAA trash designed solely with the lowest common denominator in mind or stop complaining

The real question is why don't you play good games anymore? Even supposing you were correct about current games being no good, there are plenty of older games which have stood the test of time you could play.

Automata was a joke game propped up and shilled incessantly by ass fags. Don't even try to front. Nier was never known for its gameplay. B-team Platinum did a worse job on NA than they did with their fucking Korra game. Pleb.

Seriously, why in the fuck do people here only play what's super popular or heavily advertised? I thought this place was once about being an elitist?

You never played the game. 2B is impossible to sexualize if you did, she's basically a purely professional soldier with no lewdness at all.
The gameplay is decent but not great. Story makes up for it. Sorry you have a low IQ.

Gimme something indie / not AAA that was good

All shit.
Same again.
God Sup Forums's taste is subhuman.

>Yakuza 0
>Gravity Rush 2
>Super Cloudbuilt
>Resident Evil 7
>Nioh
>Rain World
>Darkwood
>Hollow Knight
>Cuphead
>Divinity: Original Sin 2
>What Remains of Edith Finch
>Sonic Mania
>Nex Machina
>Everspace
>West of Loathing
>Prey
>Golf Story
>SteamWorld Dig 2
>Pyre
>A Hat in Time
>Thimbleweed Park
>Heat Signature
>Styx: Shards of Darkness
>Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
>XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
>All last year
Not my problem you got pleb taste OP

Read teh thread.
If you can't see anything good, your taste is absolute garbage

I'm convinced that no-one acutally likes this piece of shit and only want to shitpost at each other over politics. It would have passed into memory like every other piece of eurojank trash if the dev had never opened his mouth.

>2B is impossible to sexualize if you did
>no lewdness at all
thats a funny joke

It's not that games aren't good. It's just that life isn't good anymore.

Because neo-Sup Forums is the casuals

your list is 95% garbage

Last year was pretty great. This year is shaping up to suck ass.

Please don't start this

care to point out one (1) moment in the game where she acts lewd?

I'm sure you can since there are a million of them. /s

>hey i cant point out anything good for the offchance you might shit on it so go look at other Anons posts and leave me zero responsibility

>literal ass flabbing in your face when you're playing as her (which is the majority of the game)
>vapid combo system with enemies that serve only as juggle fodder and not thoughtfully designed combat scenarios
>copy/paste job from an Asimov book to give the illusion of depth to fedora tippers
mmm *braaap* is that.. shit taste I smell?

mm oh yes dear great post

have you ever seen what she wears? or the way she moves? its literally pedo shit for horny japs

This. I don't understand all those fags that complain that there is no good games while there is a fuckton of them, just older ones. But no, they won't play anything that's older than 2 months because muh graphix.

>gameplay
>grafics
Pick one. Simple as that.

Video game itself is obsolete

try making your own?

honestly I've reverted to playing a lot of board games and tabletop games just because they're still rooted in making good gameplay first and foremost: nothing beats the imagination so they don't need to waste billions of dollars on story and cutscenes and music and god knows what else

Why don't they make good strategy games anymore? Or realize RTS isn't just base building and resource gathering?

>pedo shit
lmao, you had me going for a bit there. Good bait though! You almost got me. /s

If you don't find any games from the past years appealing, you just grew out of this hobby or it stopped working as an escapism. Fix your life and come back. The way you feel about recent games just reflect how you feel about life

>This year is shaping up to suck ass.
>Metro Exodus
>Two Point Hospital
>Frozen Synapse 2
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Ace Combat 7
>Wargroove
>Biomutant
>Phoenix Point
>Ni No Kuni 2
>Frostpunk
>BattleTech
>Runner3
>Valkyria Chronicles 4
>Griftlands
U w0t

That's full of amazing stuff, and you even left out some of the obvious popular games.
I think people who say anything good isn't coming out are just casuals who like some few specific kind of games and refuse to broaden their tastes

The last good one was wargame: red dragon
That game is close to a masterpiece tbpf

>Why don't they make good strategy games anymore?
Iron Harvest looks like I might be neat

neck yourself you stupid faggot

>weebshit
> more than half are third person action adventures
Lol k

Do you sit atop a plain of God's taste, you absolute fucking virgin?

find a new hobby. its better for everyone. no one has to listen to your autistic sperging and your can become better.

All shit.

This is why I enjoy seeing the gauntlet threads that pop up here and on /vr/. I love seeing people play and discover old games and sometimes even enjoy them.

>more than half are third person action adventures
>Only two or three could even be considered third person action adventure games
What did he mean by this?

Well sorry for liking rts games and shit that isnt lol ima jump to cover and ahoot a faggot lol
Underage b8

The last good game was Doom.

You're the cancer thats killing Sup Forums dumb fuck wojakposter. No one cares about your contrarian taste. Validate yourself elsewhere dumb faggot

>/s

>autistic sperg
>rts games
every time

into the breach is pretty fun

>liking shit where yoj control more than one character
Yea I sure am silly for wanting more out of my games than pointing and shooting with variations

Cooked my mom some breakfast for her birthday once, and the eggs were undercooked. I guess that kinda sucked.
In class filled with "liberal" equal rights men hating women and one homosexual I grew up with
>"hey user, there's pizza"
>thanks
>"user, do you want one more slice?"
>Are you going to throw perfectly good food away?
>"well yeah, we don't want any more"
>sure
I go into the bathroom and see that my entire face is covered in dry skin from my morning shave. I guess that was pretty embarrassing. I also once split pizza sauce on my high school class shirt in front of one of the hottest twins I've ever seen in my life when we were out bowling on our final days. I did have a friend throw an orange once and knock a couple of squirrels having sex from off a fucking tree, might be one of the funniest moments of my life really. Thought I should add that to the mix. Oh yeah, and fuck eating out with an 18, 19 year old when people around the damn place think they can indirectly speak to you. Drives me up the fucking walls.

Care to name some that are not well known like Dude Sex, Morrowind, Cheeki Breeki etc?

sorry user, youre clearly too intelligent for us plebs

Unironically saying that a type of game should die because it has depth

It's all about corporatism and money now. It's very rare that you'll find a dev team truly passionate about their game like back when FF7 and similar titles were made.

I recently played Nier Automata, because people were lauding it as a literal masterpiece. After completing four different endings, I have to say that the game is good, maybe great, but certainly not a masterpiece. So what happened? Why the disconnect? I think that people have gotten so used to videogames being mediocre shit, that when the rare good game like Nier Automata comes along, it blows their minds.

Don't worry. I'm going to change all of that. I downloaded Unity and Visual Studio. I am going to learn to create video games that we all want to play. The ones we've been starved of for so long. In ten years I will have revolutionized the gaming industry. Just wait, and remember me.

Good taste

>horizon zero awards
damn thats cold

>/s
Holy fuck, go back.

>It's very rare that you'll find a dev team truly passionate about their game
Hello there

>/s
Sup Forumseddit is real.

you say games are bad because they dont cater to your autistic tastes. thats like saying a ferrari is bad because it cant carry 10t weight. there are tons of games with a lot of depth today, its no one elses fault or concern that you dont like them

Well now it's time to play all the games from the past. Hey I seriously enjoyed myself playing Parasite Eve in 2016 for the first time, I recommend. I also played it during the comfy cold winter, I thought it added.

>Don't worry. I'm going to change all of that. I downloaded Unity and Visual Studio.

I think they are bad imo, you could make an argument that pong is the greatest game ever because a lot of people enjoy it, it its too simple and doesnt even measure up to modern games

You can look forward to Iron Harvest you autist

>why in the fuck do people here only play what's super popular or heavily advertised

/r_pcmasterrace invaded and overran Sup Forums, and those are the only, ONLY games on the platform. It's also the same reason why the mere mention of Japanese games provokes a board wide outrage, it's because their overpriced typewriters can't play the actually good games.

Red.dit took over.

They do, you are a Luddite.

>Mustards, the people who get all the indie games, took over Sup Forums and are the reason people who only like AAA games are here
Did you think that statement through?

>more than half of these games are not, and will not be, available for PC
>"hurr why do games suck so much now?"

Play VR.

Seriously, it made me love gaming all over again.

I've enjoyed plenty of games in the last few years, don't remember titles really, or even what I played. But I assume that since I'm not saying anything negative about whatever it is I played that must mean I'm having a dandy ol time or I have shit taste. In either case, developers need to make stuff that I can remember due to enjoyment not controversy.

>25 on first list, 22 on PC
>14 on second list, 12 planned for PC
Excuse me?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all those mustards bought 980 TIs to play Undertale, right? Or are they too busy jerking off over graphics from the latest westshit multiplat that validates their purchase, but scream that it's poorly optimized if it runs just as bad as it does on consoles?

>PCfags caring about visual more than performance
Have I taken a trip back to 2007?

>super Mario odyssey
>good
Of course Nintendo shitheels will be quick to call everything else trash but not their savior
Get fucked

>normies
>casuals
>women
>soyboys
>dlc
>microtransactions
>ea
>on disc dlc
>sjw
>we want the call of duty audience
>we want the overwatch audience
>massive rise in development costs and team sizes

All of these have undoubtedly ruined gaming. Anyone that says otherwise is too underage to get it.

I made a mistake, I forgot that Ultra settings are exactly the same as they are on consoles.

Controllers force to devs to make babby tier shit

I mean yeah games look better, but nobody pushes that anymore nearly as hard as they used too. It's just one of many benefits with playing games on a computer

Are you one of those retards who plays Souls games with KB+M because you genuinely think controllers are always garbage?

Pls be our savior

You won't tho :(