youtube.com/watch?v=cCUNruxThQU
youtu.be/4gK7k72Ni_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The comfiest
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz57mGxXncE

BR?

I love this game.

I wish I were better at it.

>let's pretend to care about a game while avoiding anything that might resemble or lead to playing it
Yeah, we are on Sup Forums alright.

There's 0 point in playing on novaRO, it's a watered down half-baked and custom selected mishmash of kRO and iRO.
Why bother with novaRO when you could play iRO or kRO? Hell, you'd even have to grind less if you selected the officials over the private server.

But hey, if you can get the jRO guy to give me a subscription or give me a non-shit private server/reason to play on officials, I'll jump onboard in an instant.

I miss this shit so much.

I came to Sup Forums to laugh at newfags not cry and want a time machine

Philippines

Is RE:Start already dead?

>ywna sign the song of your people with your dancer brofu in the middle of Prontera while your guild alch's potionspam in preparation for MvP hunts

why live

Attached: Bard.(Ragnarok.Online).full.1067793[1].jpg (707x1000, 350K)

>That one area where you used to farm that has become shit with updates

>Every low rate server is 10x Exp and 1x Drop rates
>Instead of 1x Exp and 10x Drop rates

Attached: 1519208007213.png (384x380, 31K)

*Fwhoom

Attached: ragnarokonline-geographer[1].png (790x522, 58K)

>that one area where you used to farm that stopped existing with updates
fuck you gookland, my payon field with the bridge area was fucking GOAT.

why would you want a shit economy?

Why would you want to shorten the best part of the game (partying) and lengthen the worst part of the game (farming 1/10000 drops)?

>Not playing an assassin, cloaking during WoE and dropping pieces of cake near players to lure them away from the crystal shard and killing them.

>the crystal shard

>the best song of the game was removed just because

Why did such thing happen?
youtube.com/watch?v=yg8KEWPMoYo

Because it's pointless to party when you can solo everything and getting ridiculous amounts of exp without losing any money from potions because the enemies drop way too much shit.

Never played RO, but I did try RO Rebirth and it was a total, unprofessional mess despite high-quality marketing. So what gives? Was it just a real piece of shit from the start but you're all just enamored with it?

>when 6 or more of these fuckers spawn in a circle

it's shit

It's a 2003 MMO you nignog, I wish it was remade properly with today's standards

Gravity is hilariously incompetent. Literally any private server is better than the official servers.

jRO is the only official server that is well-maintained at all.

Remember how Archers were so good because you could buy thousands of fire arrows and stay on that map forever killing those fuckers from afar to level up very fast? Good times

>Remember how Archers were so boring
FTFY

>Your favorite city gets raped with updates
youtube.com/watch?v=v4b7XJPjNWI

>payon
prontera will always be the comfiest because it evokes the nostalgia

A lot of classes which were basically "spam this skill" were boring. Archer with Double Strafing was this.

>learning that aegis only counts you as an online player in the login playercount if you've changed maps in the last few minutes
the fuck
>lorewise it was the fault of the players that satan morroc got released

Attached: confus.jpg (374x374, 39K)

Elemental arrows/ammo was a mistake

Best mmo memories of my life.

I remember a time in which a bunch of dudes started breaking summon brench on the north gates of Prontera. They invoked 3 bosses and that area become offlimits for almost a day.
Death was everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=cCUNruxThQU

can you feel it Mr Krabs

Attached: 1287700101210.jpg (329x280, 42K)

Which server is the most active right now?
I got in Talon RO when that was still up, but now I want to go back.

Right, but I'm guessing in the released version that you could not drag the logo around on the title screen. Like if someone forgot to turn off WYSIWYG and pushed it live. It was a mess.

Would a new mmo with isometric point of view successful today?

>>lorewise it was the fault of the players that satan morroc got released
Does It has something to do with that time we took a job from the Rankerverk corp and ended up killing the ghost of thanatos?

TalonRO and NovaRO

Both are of questionable quality, but good for a nostalgia wank

Yes.

Maybe.
Maybe

Pinoy?
WAHHH WAG PO

I'm so fucking glad I'm european and I never have to deal with such a concentrated amount of brazilians and pinoys ever again, russians are still arguably as bad.

Yes
Tree of Savior was an excellent MMO with all the things an old RO junky would want in a game.

People hate Tree of Savior because it went full-on pay to win weeks after leaving beta, not because of anything wrong with its perspective.

For a Knight:
Twohand Swords or Spears?

>feel the it has again
>boot up a private server and play a few weeks
>realize I have to make a hunter to and farm for months before I can make any fun builds
>drop it

>Tree of Savior was an excellent MMO with all the things an old RO junky would want in a game.
You never played RO.

>People hate Tree of Savior because it went full-on pay to win weeks after leaving beta, not because of anything wrong with its perspective.
And you're just pulling made up shit out your ass.

Knight - two hander
Lord Knight - Spears
Spiral Pierce is awesome

>Playing iRO back when it was still mostly populated by people from North America

Truly a great time. It's hard to enjoy private servers as much when nobody speaks English.

I still think iRO going F2P was a mistake.

Attached: 1502474254763.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Played it on and off from 2003 to 2012.

It used to be my favorite game of all time but it's pretty much unplayable nowadays.

I just can't stand RO's fucked up pathing and insane input delay. Times have changed and after playing games with amazing controls and no input lag RO just feels like a relic (and it is).

I'll keep hoping that one day someone remakes the game in a new engine.

Only with Cardo, you might get decent damage out of a Hunting Spear

>Tree of Savior was an excellent MMO with all the things an old RO junky would want in a game.

Attached: 1513357426299.jpg (220x220, 13K)

I'm gonna play Nova what class should I make?

>You're young
>It's your first time playing
>You just stepped foot in Prontera for the first time
>That one memory you have from the very beginning
What is it, Sup Forums? What was the first good memory you have of this game, as a new player?

wizards could deal up to 30k damage per storm gust at level 70 naked, meanwhile melee classes were lucky to dish 200 damage per hit while being raped by monsters

Back in 2003:

My first and most memorable memory was going south of prontera for the first time. Watching that vast green field populated by hundreds and hundreds of people

I got invited into a party and we just went around killing porings. I remember the first time I leveled up, seeing that angel pop up over my character and the music that played. I was hooked instantly from that moment on. Spent thousands of hours on RO over the years. Very few games have been able to grab me like RO did.

>he didn't play Knight

kek

>Playing a PvE class
What a joke.

Where are my fellow healsluts at?

Attached: 80de7847fbe2738eec65df540534ff34.jpg (798x1129, 355K)

Fuck off retard

I just can't begin to imagine what the ToS devs were thinking. You can have a big single hit attack that does 1200 damage or an attack that hits 10 times for 100 damage but it ads up to like 6000 because all your buffs, on-hit effects, and stats applied separately to each hit.

RO probably would have ruined my life if I let myself get more addicted to it than I already was.

Fortunately I had a bad breakup with my e-gf and it made me stop playing the game.

Attached: 1505629686392.png (568x566, 312K)

>Where are my fellow mentally ill trannies at?

Back at Prontera looking for a party, while muh Knight is solo leveling to 99 in a week.

Attached: lord knight mutsu.png (1000x1058, 484K)

Attached: healslut.jpg (700x2036, 409K)

This nigga invoking 10 poring

Attached: poring.png (100x96, 6K)

>Dancer looks slutty and all
>Is actually the loneliest class
>No good PvE party skills

Attached: Dancer RO.jpg (400x500, 96K)

Logging into the actual world for the first time, after getting past the starting area. I appeared in the graveyard behind the cathedral in Prontera. It really felt like the beginning of a journey, like I was paying respects to a lost loved one before starting out on my own. Then the music washes over me.

youtu.be/4gK7k72Ni_c

It almost moves me to tears just thinking about it.

Attached: Character_Novice.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>No good PvE party skills
I take it you never played a Hunter with a Dancer in the party. You can spam DS like there's no tomorrow.
Service for you is an amazing skill.

>Greedy corporation actions results in the death of an ancient hero and the release of literal satan
>Greedy corporation kidnaps and cruelly experiments on old legendary heroes
>Greedy corporation research on the heart of ymir is pretty much the reason why most monster exist in the setting.
So, can we talk about (((who))) is the real problem in RO world?

Attached: imaguy.webm (800x450, 2.69M)

The only thing ToS got from RO was the isometric view and the fast paced gameplay.

Pretty much everything else was anti-RO.

ToS has simplified and shitty character growth systems
RO has a very in-depth jobs sytem with many branching paths and a completely custom stat system with many different stats

The world in ToS is completely on-rails and small
The world in RO is massive and open-ended. There are many different places you could go at different levels. There was never any on-rails way to level a class.

ToS itemization is a mess. There are few items and items don't have that strong of an impact.
RO itemization is massive and very in-depth. There was never a clear best weapon or armor or consumable. There were a shit ton of items and you had to make use of a lot of them depending on the situation. Items in RO are just as important as your stats and job/skills

ToS art style is very "busy" and it's extremely hard to tell what the fuck is going on
RO has beautiful clean looking sprites. Even when you have a shit ton of things going on at once you can tell what's going on

ToS is insanely fucking easy. You can literally just mash attack button and get through most content in the game. The game was made for modern MMO players who hate anything resembling challenge.
RO has many layers of difficulty. Everything from making money to building your character to choosing the right gear for the situation and finally actual monster difficulty, it was all a dynamic level of challenge that kept you on your feet.

ToS skill effects are atrocious. Many copy/pasted effects and many effects are hard to differentiate
RO skill effects are cool looking and have great visual clarity meaning you can easily tell what skill someone is using.

Tell us your old Ragnarok Online story user.

>Started playing in 2005, not only the first MMO I have ever played but the first online gaming experience ever
>Holy crap, there are all these people from different parts of the country and I can talk to them real time!? Mindblown.
>Chillin' with my novice around Izlude and Prontera fields, baby desert wolf is my primary source of EXP.
>Suddenly meet a party of 3. A mage, swordie and some other novice.They were really low levels and invited me to their party. Started killing higher lvl mobs, barely managing to kill Peco Pecos.
>Suddenly, the mage proclaims "You guys wanna go kill some orcs?"
>There are orcs in this game? Hell yeah
>Travel through numerous fields and finally reach the destination
>We get a sight of the green beast, smoking his cigarette and being unaware of our presence.
>With a valiant cry we charge forward to slay the foul beast.
>The orc punches my shit and instagibs me.
>As I slowly fall down the swordsman is trying his best to stand his ground while the mage is casting his bolts.
>It gets hits by one volley of bolts but it's still alive. He starts casting a new one.
>The swordsman falls to the ground. The other novice suffered the same fate as I did.
>The mage starts to wish he had invested more stat points into his DEX while the orc charges him
>He doesn't cast it in time and gets smacked to death in 2 hits.
>Best game ever

Attached: 1398462381746.gif (100x100, 11K)

>ToS art style is very "busy" and it's extremely hard to tell what the fuck is going on
RO has beautiful clean looking sprites. Even when you have a shit ton of things going on at once you can tell what's going on

What are you on? Ever been in a party in Odin or Thor? Good luck trying to even see what's going on with Wizards spamming Storm Gust/Lord of Vermillion

Guarantee that ToS isn't much better.

is it me or have we gotten a ton of RO nostalgia threads lately?

when will an indie team rip it off completely and make it great again, with a fresh community?

>you will never ever experience something like this again

Attached: 1490897366413.png (700x700, 241K)

>when will an indie team rip it off completely and make it great again, with a fresh community?

Good luck.

>wizards could deal up to 30k damage per storm gust at level 70 naked
That is on the implication that they could get the cast off before the monster was killed/monster killed them/they just got hit once.

bard was a mistake btw

>every situation in RO is a party in Odin/Thor with a bunch of wizards
not sure if dumb or just a high rate private server babby

>15 seconds cast time

What was Soul Strike Mage good for other than undead orcs? I have not played this for 10 years now

Glast Heim Graveyard.

This could have happened in any other mmorpg

GH

shooting spookies
otherwise nothing

In other MMO you would have been hitting that orc for 1 damage because he is too high level.

>Dirty poor third worlder
>See ads about RO
>Look into the official site
>Fall in love with it
>Absolute crap PC, cant play it
>All i can do is read the site and forums
>I absorb everything, do number crunching, read all the lore, quests, guides, animations, videos, etc.
>Eventually get a PC (in fact, RO is what got me into PC gaming)
>When im in, the game and community are way past its prime.
>Still get to enjoy it as a dumb kid in love with a game
After all these years no game has ever got a stronger response from me than RO. I wish i could have enjoyed it for longer. I wish another game would cover the hole it left.

heh let me show you what real power looks like

Attached: image.jpg (770x543, 189K)

>nobba

Is there a more outdated game? No matter how you tweak it, it will never be satisfying for modern player.

it wasn't you shithead

The only outdated things about RO are the graphics, pathing and input lag.

Attached: 1520703005363.gif (416x414, 1.63M)

that's the damage limit of RO btw

What "input lag"?

You posted this gif on a RO thread on Sup Forums a couple days ago, didnt you?

There is a delay whenever you try to move or perform an action.

Gamers are like women, they don't know what's good and they don't know what they want.

I guess people got used to predictive network code. RO sends a request to the server and waits for the response before doing anything in the client. Depending on the distance to the server, this can become very noticeable.

nOvarO

Naw