Why the fuck do people think creepypastas are scary?

Why the fuck do people think creepypastas are scary?

Attached: scary sonic mouse.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

They're literal children

They have imagination.

They're fucking horrifying, user?

Attached: the_mcdonald_s_building_creepypasta_by_hereforsmut-d6w30rj.png (684x969, 191K)

No? They're terrible, OP is right.
>then the game started talking to me, so scaryyyy!

Because apparently little kids think excessive amounts of blood, gore and satanic imagery is "scary".

The imagery alone doesn't do it. What matters is context, something that most creepypastas don't have.

Attached: 1456732230272.jpg (722x349, 70K)

>I didn't even have time to eat fries.

Every time.

Attached: NOTkorrin.jpg (640x620, 45K)

Does anyone got some good creepypastas? They don't have to be game related, just decent. And who are some good readers to listen to?

I didn’t even realize this at first but this is very true. In a book like Pet Sematary half the book is just about a dude’s day to day life for like half a year and then a bunch of morbid shit happens

>I didn't even have time to eat fries

Attached: 1520140709606.gif (300x168, 3.12M)

>we were so hungry
>backup gasoline in the trunk
>he shot off the lock with his gun
Every single time.

Attached: 12065615_1508700492778624_7505902364678180342_n.jpg (716x629, 44K)

I think it is more that people allow themselves to get scared. Kind of like LARP or something where they just make an active attempt to involve themselves.

Attached: __re_class_battleship_kantai_collection_drawn_by_kabeu_mariko__46c94f1df774f55ec8fba900c6971296.gif (500x586, 913K)

Depends on the pasta. Video game pastas are usually awful just by their premise.
>Buy video game from flea market
>Play video game
>Video game is weird
>The video game is possessed by SATAN
>I am literally shaking right now

Still the best 1973

Creepy Podcast and NoSleep podcast have good stories, fairly well produced. NoSleep has had full casts for the past several years. For just a solo reader with basically no production Scary Stories Told in the Dark is good.

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Attached: 1484767943530.png (256x256, 122K)

I swear to christ 90% of creepypastas for video games go
>i was a HUGE fan of x
>when i got my hands on x, i was ecstatic!
>the cart was a bit wierd, but i just assumed it was because of age or something
>when i started playing the game, a bunch of weird stuff began to happen
>i assumed the game was just hacked
>then a bunch of OTHER stuff happened that could have also been passed off as a hack
>no but i'm literally pissing my pants now this is too scary the game is possessed!
>several bloody gory sprites later i shut the game off with piss running down my leg!
>to this day i've never played another x game...

Attached: 1489307493252.jpg (444x460, 78K)

How does a pasta as good as NES Godzilla manage to shit the bed so hard in the end?

Attached: solomon.png (376x398, 106K)

Ever heard of Happy Appy? That shit still infuriates me. How the FUCK do you shit it up so hard?

They spooked me as a 12 year old because of the shit about seizures I guess, also the one about fighting a corpse. I tried to write one about the pokerus that turned you into a pokemon (a quilava in this case because that was my favorite), I think it ended up reading more like a TF fetish story.

Attached: 43220313.jpg (1200x1500, 140K)

what else can you really do with a video game spooky story?

HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD

I like how cosbydaf got so pissed at people bitching about the ending he made a joke one.

Easy. The writer didn't know how to end it before they started it. They flat out say on their website that they really had no idea how to wrap up the story so they just kind of barfed out Something so the story had a conclusion.

That's the problem a lot of otherwise gifted writers have. They think you start at the beginning and then just flow-of-thought your way through a narrative and then go back and tidy up. Which I mean, I'm not expecting AAA writing out of creepypasta stuff. Shit happens.

Honestly the one thing that pisses me off the most are people who take the "nothing is scarier" shit way too far. Explain literally nothing and just think vague implications and totally out of context weirdness = 2spooky. Like I totally get the concept that things are less scary once explained, but you can take it too far.

>then I went super saiyan and saved the soul of the girl I had a crush on in high school because I'm the chosen one

The first time I read it I thought I was being trolled.

Attached: giphy (8).gif (400x243, 928K)

HEAR ME BEFORE YOU SEE ME

Most of them aren’t scary and are just really bad fan fics.

This has always been Stephen King's biggest problem, but it worked out for him

If you see her turn off the game

>I didnt even have time to eat fries
spookiest shit right here

[Post Redacted]

SONIC HAS
PASSED

shotgun approach is one way to do it

I enjoy creepy pastas in the same way i enjoy campfire stories. They aren't scary, they're a bit cheesy and such.
Mind you i prefer listening to someone reading them, which comes with a degree of quality checking.

Attached: chicken_strips.png (1356x1891, 1.65M)

Stephen King gets accused of this a lot, but he's explained it pretty in depth in a lot of different avenues: people ask him all the time "why didn't X have a better ending" and his answer is basically just "that's where the story ends". Letting a story end abruptly can give the reader blue balls, but it's much better than trying to tie up a story in a neat little package. King doesn't care if you don't know "what happened next" because nothing happened. The story is over.

The best creepypastas are the ones that could actually happen thanks to coding and shit
Like that guy who mods oblivion and loads of shit happens

Attached: 1500844316058.jpg (350x350, 19K)

That's fucking disgusting

Attached: 1520600276886.jpg (600x360, 21K)

a lot of people's complaints are really just that they didnt like the ending, not that it was bad for any substantive reason. Under The Dome is a pretty good example of this. That said, King is really inconsistent. But its ok because his output is so high you can just forget the ending and move on to his new book

actual creepypasta coming thru

Attached: forrest of evil.png (1266x1204, 339K)

Hyper realistic _______

Text

don't forget HYPER REALISTIC EYES

Wait, what happened with Happy Appy

Video game creepypastas tend to be shit. But certain ones can be terrifying as fuck.

No, that can't be fucking real.

Like what

memes

It ends up predicting 9/11 or some shit.

i like this shit
got anything more?

>Hahah creepypastas are gay
>I wonder if I can find any good ones
>Browse the site for awhile
>Suddely realize it is midnight and I am alone in the house
>Terrified to go into my basement bedroom
>University student renting a house with three other people

It happens yo

wow gay weenie over here

Breasts.

i don't, i'm just a pussy ass bitch.
could barely play trough F.E.A.R. but the gameplay was so much fun that i endured it.

Now THIS is some scary shit

They can be, but none of the few good ones are vidya related

what am i looking at?
shed 17 was scary. something about the nature of shed 17 was horrifying. it had what said:context

because most people are normies and normies have room temperature IQs.

when will he finish those frys guys???

Anti_sonic.dll had an interesting idea

/thread

>normal, low-detail anime face
>super-detailed tongue/mouth

Attached: 1515381612282.jpg (900x1200, 147K)

the internet was a different place back then
BASED, came here for this

Attached: watch the sky.jpg (1280x974, 447K)

Alright Sup Forums, let's make our own creepypasta, one sentence at a time
>When I was young, i loved Zelda.

Attached: hd.jpg (602x481, 42K)

>A Link to the Past was my favorite game of all time

>The End.

Then i met a mysterious old man in the back alley of a gamestop

He gave me a copy of A Link to the Past for free, telling me that it was special and made for a fan.

It had hyperrealistc art on the cover

It only had a black label, with no art and the text "LINK TO THE DEAD PAST" in stark white letters. I've never heard of a game with that title, so I was naturally excited to own it!

Attached: 1518864216266.jpg (1024x561, 158K)

The old man then said that I had to pay him for the cartridge, while winking at me and holding me by my arm

Attached: 1482536724326.png (498x388, 331K)

I politely winked back at him, but he gave me a dirty look.

After I was anally violated, I took the cartridge home, and eagerly slammed that shit right into my Super SNES. Turning on the purple power button, the logo came on the screen, and a familiar tune started to play.
Except...

>be ben
>drown

If you hear me 'fore you see me...

The game was perfectly normal, turns out the old guy lied to me and gave me just a regular cartridge. I got raped for nothing and the only thing I got out of the whole ordeal was traumatizing memories.

The end.

Because of hyper-realistic blood

>being so shit at life you get your soul sealed into majora's mask

He pulled down his pants and made me PLAY HYPERREALISTIC VIDEOGAMES, but it was okay since I got my favorite Zelda game

As a kid I found a cloth bag on a stump surrounded by a ring off mushrooms in a clearing in the woods. Inside was a bunch of animal bones. At the time I thought it was just someone tossing out a bag of drowned kittens.
But thinking back on it if that was the case that would have just been left in the water and that it was more likely to be some sort of wicken ritual.
I brought home one of the teeth and made a necklace with it. An I cursed now Sup Forums?

yes, embrace it and wear the necklace at all times

Wait what? Context?

I made a necklace of my wisdom teeth. I am forever pissed I lost it and have been unable to find it. You can be my necklace bro.

Attached: f4227e72b3051ed1b34e90d2318c2053.png (197x249, 59K)

the protagonist's former girlfriend was coerced by the game to throw herself in front of a truck and her soul was trapped within the game until he saved it
in the climax, as mr. protagonist almost dies and can't turn off the game and feels the pain of his characters as they die, the bad guy taunts him, but then he unlocks a super op character
then he beats the bad guy and the soul of his girlfriend thanks him for releasing her like she's a goddamn dragon statue from spyro 1