When will Melee die?

When will Melee die?

>SpongeBob CRTs
>Smell like shit nad piss
>Have the most boring Grand Finals at Evo in years where some spaz rolled around on the floor at the end.
>Boo other games like literal children.

Attached: DYB7I1nVMAAeE5E.jpg (1200x675, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QSHwW5dhEeI?t=2m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will just wane over time as the players "retire" and don't get replaced.

>SpongeBob CRTs
what the fuck

When Nintendo makes a worthy successor that isn't slow, boring, caters to casuals that its own fanbase drops within a year

Damn this CRT looks like it has amazing colors. Why are you so retarded OP ?

No latency

The Smash series in general caters to casuals.

>its own fanbase drops within a year
delusional meleecuck

how is it any different from some other decent, non-retarded looking CRT
price? availability?

I long for the day Melee gets dropped from EVO

Attached: 1508147954550.jpg (680x580, 46K)

It's just a random TV that was used once and OP decided to sperg about that.

>how is it any different
If it's not different, then what's the problem?

The worst part about melee faggots in their circles is there's always some giga hoe who hangs around the beta orbiters and goes through another one every week.

>tfw no shannondorf gf

Attached: 1516393876643.jpg (749x999, 119K)

The only reason sm4sh makes it to tournaments anymore is because they will lose nintendo sponsorship if it isn't included

this always made me laugh

Attached: 1500172632949.jpg (1033x328, 152K)

Why are you still so salty about this game?

It's in EVO cause its popular.
It will die when people stop watching.

Last two evo's in a row, it had the second biggest viewing audience on stream after SF.
Will be same this year.

It's not going anywhere, cause it's one of the only fighting games people like watching, and has a streaming audience. Twitch = money you chucklefucks

Most casuals always drop a game months after release. It’s the dedicated (a.k.a autistic) fanbase who keeps the game alive after years have passed, and in the case of smash, said dedicated fanbase is usually related in one way or another to the competitive aspect of the game, wheter it’s playing for glory or spectating/participating in tournaments.

>It’s the dedicated (a.k.a autistic)
I stopped reading there.

Melee haters are fucking pathetic. I don't even play it (well not since 10+ years), I just find it interesting to watch but if I didn't find it interesting, I'd just be neutral toward it like with other games. You guys sperg and complain constantly and its mere existence seems to torment you yet instead of ignoring it you constantly talk about it like crazy sadomasochists trying to make your lives more miserable than it already is. Ya'll have mental illnesses.

Thank you cousin Kyle, that needed to be said.

t. dedicated (a.k.a. autistic) person

seething

>dedicated (a.k.a autistic)
>being dedicated to anything means you're autistic
Come on now

You know your weak pasta could easily be remade with the usual complaints Melee haters constantly repeat. You're literally "that guy" at the party who complains all night.

Dedication doesn't make you autistic

Attached: 1451077577168.png (379x254, 21K)

I didn't even make the pasta retard. I didn't even make the post. Now go ahead and say it's photoshopped. Let's get this over with.

Attached: Untitled.png (1614x775, 470K)

>some spaz rolled around on the floor

Holy shit link please

I believe it's just that the last CRTs you could get new in store were Dora and SpongeBob ones. Cheap ones for kids. Being small helps transport too.

When the thing you're dedicated to is a decades old party game it does

Dedication to a party game for children does

holy shit triggered
I don't even hate or care that much about smash or any fighting game, but that comparison was always amusing to me

Attached: 1493977306856.jpg (253x259, 29K)

As much as people meme about the autism of the Melee fandom and their refusal to stop playing their almost two decade old game, a lot of people don't seem to realize Street Fighter 2 went through a similiar phase when it came to the US.

As reports of modified cabinets that allowed you to play as bosses and mods that increased the game speed surfaced, Capcom US tried to convince the Japan offices that this was a valuable market and they should capitalize on it by embracing the enthusiast market and creating their own sped-up version.

Supposedly, the Japansese Street fighter staff got into screaming fights with the US staff about how this would affect their intended balance and vision for the game, only finally caving after creating a test build on a cabinet for a limited release and, much to their horror, seeing the overwhelmingly postive response to this new version, finally convinced the Japan offices to swallow their pride and drop their old version.

Perhaps it can be chalked up to Nintendo being even more hardheadedly traditional than Capcom. Whatever the case, I find it interesting to imagine a world where Capcom refused to listen to their US branch and Daigo may have never unleashed the beast.

Attached: Whacky.png (291x317, 19K)

Not letting go of a super outdated game and shitting all over the other tournaments does tho.

This doesn't matter, you still sounded like a complaining little bitch.

Ok anons I was kidding being dedicated does not make you autistic

>Most casuals always drop a game months after release
[citation needed]

He can't really win you you can he?

what's the problem with playing an older game?

I play super turbo, and not V, and that game is older than melee by like 5 years. Sure the melee scene is bad, and the 'fans' and worship of top players is annoying, but that's not because the game is old. Old fighters like ST, 3s, kof, vsav also need crt screens.

Attached: cool.jpg (560x432, 18K)

Yeah it's not like it's a popular game with a ton of players!

Oh, wait...

youtu.be/QSHwW5dhEeI?t=2m30s

Attached: evo-620x349.jpg (620x349, 42K)

I knew amiibogirl when she was 18. Coulda banged but I was an oblivious nerd.

I cant wait to see the same 4 people with the same 4 characters on the same 4 levels at the Melee tourney at EVO this year, hell maybe it will end with someone else winning.
Seriously Evo needs to drop the Melee communities rules and let the game be played at a level that people watching can enjoy not just muscle memory.

Attached: 1489776090233.png (637x1000, 809K)

literally who

stop it

>outdated

if an older game is better then it's better. These arguments sound an awful lot like tf2 vs overwatch where the newer game with bells, whistles, and waifus is still much worse mechanically than the older game

Attached: 1508444835891.png (1024x512, 349K)

Girl who took advantage of M2K's autism, so yeah, a literally who but she's hot.

You sound like the triggered one kiddo. Why dont you make another post again when your actualy 18.

Newfag

I took a picture of this thot years ago cause she was cute

Attached: 118822.jpg (2048x1536, 174K)

Notice we said "dedicated" not "I play it"

Dedication to kicking a ball is autism

People hate Melee out of fear and envy. We are bar none, the most skilled gamers in the world. Melee is so advanced compared to other games. We could just mosey on in to any other EVO or FGC event and handily take first so the casuals fear and envy us and try to silence us. We will not be silent. You're fucking with a power far beyond your feeble comprehension.

Fuck that set was hype. 2018 will be our last year at EVO so it better be on par with this.

This speaks truth in so many levels

most melee guys who only ever play melee remind me of that one idiot that was in my training unit in ft sill who always wanted to play "doggone halo" all the time, and every other line was "i wanna play some halo" and it is all he ever played

he got chaptered out for fta

you just don't understand it's depth and intricacies

Attached: 1514796003244.gif (420x262, 1.83M)

Don't melee "pros" literally get floated?

64 > Wii U > 3DS > Melee > Brawl

That happened at a single tournament, and then never again.
Genesis 3 I think? Not sure.

>Melee is so advanced compared to other games. We could just mosey on in to any other EVO or FGC event and handily take first so the casuals fear and envy us and try to silence us.
one of your best players didn't even make top 16 in kofxiii, so fuck off

This pasta is steaming fresh, give my regards to the chef.

And yet your greatest obstacle seems to be a bar of soap and water.

I know that's your opinion user but boy is it fucking trash

Attached: 1489159358466.jpg (303x311, 55K)

>64cuck still mad after his game got exposed as Brawl-tier campy shit

What happens when all the CRTs die?

Attached: 1520463307349.jpg (767x1024, 214K)

OWNED

It will with time, but expect to wait another decade or two

Wizard is a fat fuck who chases shekels instead of including real fighting games at EVO, and you'd be an idiot to think they'll move onto the new Smash game next year rather than autistically keep playing the same seventeen year old party game

Aww... thanks for copying my OC, but here's the update:
>Smell like piss and shit.
>Defecate in pools and fountains during CEO grand finals.
>Steal everything in sight—literally worse than FGC niggers.
>Universities known to refer to Smash Weeklies as "stinky days" due to aggressively offensive stench.
>Molest female community members.
>Demand retarded shit from TOs, like SpongeBob SquarePants CRTs for "handwarmies".
>Active community members admitting their hygienic issues, "Most smashers just don't wash their clothes."
>Make up retarded new vernacular for existing terms like "endlag" for recovery and "startup lag" or "slag" (lol) for startup.
>Complain about station count despite requiring CRTs.
>Complain about finals time despite being at FGC events.
>Complain on Twitter about misgivings like scared faggots instead of airing concerns with TOs.
>Complain about meager prizepools and a lack of money.
>Hobby store owners and Mom & Pop game stores known to cancel agreements with weekly Smash groups due to "ongoing odor issues."
>Gloat about stream viewership.
>Boo beloved classics like Guilty Gear and Vampire Savior.
>Have the worst division in FGC history.
>Consistently worst EVO grand finals; last one ended with a spastic rolling around on the floor.
>FGC events eventually start employing "Stink Bouncers" to deal with the "Smash problem" of retch-worthy stinko-niggers that reek of dogshit.

>kofxiii
Irrelevant

Attached: isleepshaq.jpg (285x255, 20K)

I figure it's getting harder and harder to find crts

>Smash is literally a casual party series

Dolphin setups are already being used at tournaments.

it was at evo for 3 years, stinky

>Video games are literally children toys

They found someone to build them new ones. Apparently it's costing them 20k so they had a fundraiser. Took half an hour to get the money.

I don't think Melee will ever truly die.

Let's be honest though: even if Nintendo puts out a Melee HD remaster, people will still insist on something being wrong with it and demand to continue playing the game with CRTs and Gamecubes.

And the new Smash game coming to the Switch won't change that. Instead, I feel like what will happen is that Melee players will shit up any threads discussing it with comments like "lol tra5hbabbies", just like they did with Smash 4.

Attached: considerpac.png (476x286, 130K)

I love this guy. Saved.

>I don't think Melee will ever truly die.
autism never dies

It's insanely easy to find CRTs. I can go on craigslist and get 10 for free right now. They're in literally no shortage of supply.

Was a girl really molested?

It would die like any other game if the devs put out a sequel that was even remotely decent

Attached: gotta_go_fast.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Nothing indicates that the melee scene is unwilling to jump ship to a new game. Project M was accepted until Nintendo killed it and since then there hasn’t been a new hope for meleefags yet.

>People hate Melee out of fear and envy. We are bar none, the most skilled gamers in the world. Melee is so advanced compared to other games. We could just mosey on in to any other EVO or FGC event and handily take first so the casuals fear and envy us and try to silence us. We will not be silent. You're fucking with a power far beyond your feeble comprehension.

Attached: melee chad.jpg (800x600, 62K)

>street fighter V
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sfv is not decent but people still moved on to it
then again sfiv also was garbage

Pretty much this.
Melee players already got their perfect game and honestly, why should Nintendo cater to what is essentially a niche crowd to begin with?

Sure, but I've never seen fanbase so dedicated to trying to make a party game into a serious fighting game where they have to actively turn off parts of the game just to make it somewhat competitive

>"At the annual Evo fighting game tournament this past weekend, competitive Super Smash Bros. player Cristian “Hyuga” Medina (above, right) sexually assaulted another Smash Bros. competitor and commentator, Victoria “VikkiKitty” Perez. As a result, Medina’s sponsor and team VGBootCamp ended their relationship with him."
It's real. He started trying to diddle her right in their hotel room.

capcbros aren't people

Attached: spanish_mvci.webm (1256x700, 475K)

yo, chill the fuck out

Attached: stopplz.jpg (1440x1251, 118K)

I swear that clip is like 3 years old

Sm4sh is better than melee, despite your cherrypicked webm from 2015

TF2 vs Overwatch is obviously argued by autistic hatmemers because if they were really dedicated they'd be playing TFC.

>HOW DARE U HAV OPTIONS!

Hole technology.

>Sm4sh is better than melee

Attached: 1482733121285.jpg (500x370, 184K)

OBSESSED

>EVOfags are constantly salty about Melee.
I don't even like Meleefags but seeing the "fighting games are serious business and fuck weeb fighters, except Capcom" crowd getting SMASHED is always funny.

>better balance
>better stages
>requires a variety of skills instead of DOOD STICK TWITCHING LOL