Why are source engine games so horrible?

why are source engine games so horrible?

Attached: dark-messiah.jpg (800x1144, 171K)

Why did you post one thats really good tho?

the only bad source games are the shitty fan made half-life spinoffs the rest are fucking great

Attached: Zc1.jpg (616x353, 150K)

but most source games are great. OP just doesn't like arcadey fun. he should play that detroit game

why ur mama so disappointed?

YOU

Attached: DXDzirSVwAEs7SM.jpg (1200x675, 130K)

I'm gonna shamelessly use this thread for my question. Is there anyway to bypass securom crap, which crashes the non-cracked version of this at modern comps? Dark Messiah was good game. Shame that I didn't download it illegally when there still were torrents, because then I could actually still play it.

let me hijack this thread

Why are Half Life mods made by lolcows?

>Dark Messiah
>Good
It was a completely unbalanced mess where speccing into bow and arrows would fuck you, and speccing into magic would also fuck you for half the game, and where enemies were damage sponges that hit like a fucking truck in the last third of the game. Not to mention infinitely respawning zombies and shit that were absolute cunts to deal with and the fucking spider cave that was just annoying.

Some neat ideas, but ultimately unfinished, and coasted by on the "kicking" meme.

>crashes the non-cracked version
So download a crack. If you just get the cracked .exe then you don't have to download the whole game again

t. shitter

>*crashes the instant you look away*

Git gud

Nice counter points retards.

>shit at game therefore game is shit
nice argument retard

because the source engine community is autistic as fuck

because they are always made by either one person who cant deal with every aspect of the game well (like they may be a good level designer but cant write for shit and vice versa).

or they are made by a small team who usually end up losing sight of the game and ultimately collapsing and falling back to just the one guy.

The only exception is the Black Mesa team who was made up of extremely talanted and organised people and they actually operated like an actual company (and they didnt really have to worry about story fluff)

>imbalance in game
>UR JUST BAD
>damage sponge enemies
>UR JUST BAD
>poor hitboxes for several enemies
>UR JUST BAD

sure must be easy discredited everything everyone says about your favorite shit game by just claiming they are bad huh?

Performance was also complete shit, but let me guess, I just have a bad computer, yeah?

Black Mesa went through a ton of shit and took forever to come out, I would be surprised if most of the people on the team when it started were still there now.

>Performance was also complete shit
>can't run a source game made over a decade ago
Yeah. Your PC is shite.

and yet games like red ochastra 2 run completely fine on high settings

Are you talking about the game where you get an overpowered demon transformation mid game?

Attached: Dark_Messiah.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

If you don't take back what you said within 2 cycles of guilt, I'll grind you into dog piss you filthy Cutler

Attached: EYE_Divine_Cybermancy_Artwork_1.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

And yet all of this "flaws" don't overlap the pros, the game is still fun as fuck and I replay it every few years, I wish we had more games like this.