Are games really getting worse, or are we just getting older?

Are games really getting worse, or are we just getting older?

Attached: 1519191780498.png (633x758, 23K)

I know that feel. I'm 20 and I feel like I don't have fun playing games anymore...

they are getting objectively worse. i enjoy some new games but they are few and far between. but when i play an old game i still have a blast.

BASED

I'm 27 and have 2 daughters. It's just that video games these days are crap. You have no idea how hard it is to find a good video games for your daughters. Good thing Splatoon 2 and Breath of Wild exists.

What the fuck games have you been playing dudes?
Because I'm a 28 year old Switch owner and the games are as good as ever right now.

both

Post your daughters feet thanks

Definitely getting worse.

I went back and played Deus Ex and Thief. They are more fun than modern games even now.

I hate to sound like oldfags, but AAA games are getting worse. Better to play old games now. I'm just playing Red Orchestra 2 for the time being.

Games are only getting worse if you refuse to buy anything bar AAA titles.

Same here user, I just went back and played some old games I hadn't played before. KOTOR 1 & 2, Vampire the Masquerade, Gothic, Risen, Divinity Dragon Commander to name a few.

Attached: DC_Artwork004.jpg (1433x1200, 341K)

why not both?

You're getting older.

You just have shit taste. 2017 was one of the greatest years in gaming.

Were both of your daughters accidents because you came too early or couldnt pull out properly?

Same haha they don't make games like skyrim anymore

Naw it was mediocre
Youre just a basic module

Fuck off pedopehile.
Yeah sure i was pretty young when i banged my wife pregnant but it was never an accident they were gift of god.

Don't worry user, Skyrim VR is releasing in 2018! You can play your favorite game with everything completely up to date!

Attached: 1478026392813.jpg (400x533, 41K)

Definitely getting worse. I grew up after the "retro" era and can say that old games are still great despite being unaffected by nostalgia. There ARE still good games but they take some searching to find. Actually, I wonder if it's a case of the good being remembered and the bad being forgotten - the 80s and 90s had tons of shovelware and shit games.

games are objectively getting worse, but only mass made vidja for normies, there is still some good games out there coming out

Name 10 good games then

dont talk about your daughters you stupid fucking person

I think the 7th gen was worse overall, but at least there weren't lootboxes in a $60 game.

Yeah dude I sure missed a huge amount of good games before the PS, millennials amirite XDD

fuck off pedo

Both. There's been a slight uptick as the industry is in a bit of a panic to not produce COMPLETE shit, but the overall trend is down. At least fallen off of a cliff since the last decade. All they do now is look up and try to reference them.

It’s a bit of both. The usual big series have been getting really boring but I recently got into Xenoblade and these games are fantastic. Bloodborne was also another amazing game I played recently. Gonna look for more games like this because shit like Zelda or the usual big attention playstation games just don’t cut it for me anymore.

You talk about your daughters and wont even post their feet wow rude

AAA games have been getting worse. I know it has been said for years and years that they are shit, but at least they used to have polish. In recent years even the polish in AAA games has begun to erode.

But indie games are better than ever and once you wade through the shit you'll find some true gems.

the difference is that there used to be AA games made by mid sized studios with middling budgets. nowadays there is pretty much only AAA games which are made to print money by betting on safe shit that sells, and indie games that have so low production values they pretty much always rely on gimmicks and nostalgia. you don't have groups like Team Silent or Looking Glass Studios anymore.

Both. Games are getting worse but if you were the same age you are now in the 92-05 era of gaming you wouldn't have appreciated it as much.

Attached: 1519616381223.jpg (722x349, 67K)

I know this website is pedophile haven i used to love lolis too. But when you get a real family with wife and kids and become real father you lose interest in those things. And yes i have been here since 2008 and planning to be here forever.

Good for you man

Attached: 1520818374911.png (386x509, 250K)

Holllly shit you call most modern games crap while sucking off splatoon 2? Lmaooooooo

Splatoon 2 is good though.

Also kill yourself and I hope your dog gets cancer

its sad tqbh

I thought I will be playing vidya forever, but now I just kind of dont want to

;_;

Take a deep breath and read the post again. If you're still hysterical and not able to process the text then apply a bullet into your head to save humanity the trouble of suffering your presence.

Western games are shit, Japs are still making quality

Attached: 1512480800511.jpg (441x481, 32K)

>this guy doesn't like Splatoon 2
Wow how could one person have such shit taste?

Xenoblade 2 best game of 2017

japanese games aren't what they used to be. they are better than modern western games for sure but just because their decline hasn't been so dramatic doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with them. Modern Square Enix is basically the Japanese EA.

You are getting older and board of them. When I was a kid a game was basically a 10 min concept stretched out to about a game that was more or less an hour long once you learned how to play it. And we paid more for less.
Not until story based games and JRPGS did console games get longer.

Getting worse.

I recently started playing emulated games, and it made me realize how fucking good older games are compared to modern games. You can see how much love and polish they put into them and out came a fantastic product.

Compared to indie games, half of which spend years in early access until the developer gets bored of his little project and puts a 1.0 label on it. Meanwhile the game is nowhere near what was promised and has tons of missing features/bugs. Modern games are a joke because everyone developing is either greedy or an amateur.

Attached: 1517195710407.jpg (800x960, 120K)

> he likes the most hated game of 2017
Trash taste

Yea it seems most people young with kids are incapable of not blowing their load into a vagina.

Old games are buggier than fuck all. Hell that is what most of those speed runs you fucks watch on twitch are all about.

I mean it was okay but 2017 also had Splatoon 2 which is not only more fun but has infinite replay value.

you are a cringy fucking adult. dont use this site to talk about your daughters

They're definitely getting more autistic at the very least

Attached: IMG_20180317_192109.jpg (1538x2048, 410K)

When you have more fun with a 0.99 indie game than with AAA games,you know somethings wrong

this has been happening to me for the last 1.5 years. I've tried doing game development but the spark has faded with that as well. I don't have anything to replace it with except internet browsing. I now view playing video games as a productive use of my time, yet i'm too lazy to do that. I'm trying other hobbies and try to get a gf but i'm getting that growing acceptance that i have almost nothing to live for.

Attached: 1520067138041.jpg (484x497, 35K)

Attached: 1516270342001.png (1200x800, 263K)

based

Get into tabletop gaming

Splatoon 2 is fun for like 10 hours, but it's literally the same shit over and over again, literally splurt paint on the ground for hours and hours. Not enough diversity with the "gunplay" to give it this so called infinite replay value

Splatoon is repetitive as fuck

I think it is the best time right now to be into games, more so if you been at it for a few decades. Releases, people your own age making games, small devs can actually release games on almost all major console, handheld and pc.

If anything I think there are too many games coming out each year. And that has been more and more each year. I remember when you could narrow down the games you needed to play a year down to about 2-3. Now that number is fucking huge.

A little of both user, but probably you're just older and resent things changing.

But are you gonna post their feet?

you let teenagers on Sup Forums pretending to be assblasted dictate your view on games. you got indoctrinated as fuck by teenagers

Pretty much. or video games are a phase for you. Nothing to be ashamed of. Somethings are just fads for some and others it is a lifelong thing.

Hey at least i didn't find here through tumblr or reddit.

why does that even matter?

I don't have any kids but I feel ya - I'm 34 and games are just shit these days. I feel it is mostly driven by nickel and diming microtransactions and DLC.

Also, being an old fart means that I don't enjoy life as much as I used to and all of my memories seem so long ago. Maybe I should just an-hero...

Attached: 1520629267711.jpg (540x540, 100K)

It's much deeper than that my friend, you only have the basic idea. The inking mechanic is genius, it combines turf control, stealth and maneuverability into a tight little package. You could just run around and shoot the floor like a mongoloid or you could play strategically and have fun with it.

Fucking this
Sheep mentality is cancer
Enjoy whatever you want without feeling bad for it

It matters because you are cancer.

Don't. It's fucking awful and hijacked by SJW.

I'm 26. Games are just shit nowadays.

You're getting gayer

So just like with video games you import from Japan. More and more titles are being translated.

I'm having fucking fun on They are billions.

Ah yes, the "you're getting too old to enjoy fun" meme.

It's not like there is objective stats or images showing how much better gaming used to be or anything.

Attached: 1419708173714.jpg (2500x3632, 1.09M)

This is just how unfun people think.

who cares, they had passion poured in them

you know this to be the only real answer

It is what you make of it. Theres not a drop of SJW trash to be found in my group of warhammer bros

i'm 32

when i was younger, games were designed for enthusiasts. you were encouraged to be good at games, and have skill. games were also designed around immersion and being realistic as possible.

today, games are designed for 10 year olds. this is a fact. whether you're on pc (fortnite) or console (ass creed, COD etc) everything is designed to win by spam.

there's nothing more to it. but we did it to ourselves when we pushed games to be more like movies instead of immersive experiences.

You should have stuck with Nintendo bub

Do a flip

Last year was a fucking good year for games. You're just one of those dumb memers who if I listed the games would call them all shit.

We're just getting older.
Things aren't how you used to like them so they're now bad.

Of course it's the games.

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 40K)

Recently hit 27. I thought I was just too old now, but ended up listening to a friend and bought a PS4. I ended up having a blast with Persona 5, now going through Bloodborne and I've still got Yakuza 0 waiting on me.

Maybe you just need to get out of your comfort zone a bit and try a game you normally would have passed. And for god's sake, post here if you want but don't succumb to Sup Forums's mentality, because it will destroy you, pic related.

Attached: neverending_310.jpg (1268x540, 57K)

>Things aren't how you used to like them so they're now bad.

I feel that way about Sup Forums itself these days.

Attached: Yet I still come back for more.jpg (476x353, 36K)

The future is now old man

*daaaab*

>having a blast with KAWAII DESU BAKA RPG VERSION 5

aaaaand credibility dropped.

Attached: 1516357101863.jpg (1796x1638, 1.29M)

Yeah seriously, he had some good points but kawaii oniichan high school simulator was not the best namedrop there

The games you liked as young are probably getting worse or they don't even exist anymore, that doesn't mean all games are getting worse, i would never imagine something like Subnautica being made back then for example, made me remember what being immersed in a game world felt like, just like when i played Unreal for the first time.

Attached: 264710_20180221210226_1.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Time to boot up the emulator

Attached: pippin.gif (450x200, 922K)

fair point on the immersion factor, but SUbnautica is the exception rather than the standard for modern games. for every subnautica you have at least 10 shit tier games

I'm 25, and I still mainly play older games, mainly from the PS1 and PS2 era. The only two games from 2017 that I've played are Nier Automata and Cuphead, and they were fine to me. I kind of feel like most other Sup Forums users have an attitude of "It's not new, therefore it doesn't exist", because of how much people here tend to only worry about the quality of games that are currently released.

Some of the bottom games are really good, some of the top games arent as good as you remember but i guess the overall quality is saturated nowadays

>Westerncuck
No wonder you hate games.

I got rusty for sure.

Attached: FTD bot.jpg (1024x1007, 178K)

It's literally just teens and people with teen brains that like it