E3

E3 is the biggest event in video games, it is a celebration of all things gaming. It is THE event of the year for gaming. And holding the event in the US every year is a slap to the face for all the international talent. Gaming is loved world wide not just in the US, when is it time to change?

Attached: e3[1].png (1038x655, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qqd1qlsipDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

e3 is supposed to be a networking event. Public access wasn't allowed to recently and basically turned it into a themepark line waiting shitshow

never for the same reason the US is the only country where you'll find a city like NYC
it's a crazy country where crazy people do crazy stuff, for better or for worse
but who knows maybe in 30 years you'll find events like this in Dubai

>"US is the only country where you'll find a city like NYC"
What about London? What about Paris? What about Shanghai? What about Tokyo? Or don't you want this event in these "shit holes"?

Yeah and since it now is a "themepark line waiting shitshow" i guess only US citizens who don't have to go through US border security, don't have to spend thousands on plane tickets and navigate a foreign country or ruin their sleep schedule are the ones who get to enjoy it?

yes

Exactly. And this is why it is ok to pirate US made video games. To compensate.

Does it need to change?

Depends, do other countries matter?

no

That's why there's things like Gamescom in Germany and that one Tokyo event as well.

Probably.
I'm fine with it being US based despite not living there.

Think i know your nationality based on your bias.

Yeah and the US has PAX East and West. E3 is a different beast.

As a game developer i find it insulting. Of course i'm allowed to say this off an anonymous image board.

The E3 is an old dinosaur from past times that should be put to sleep permanently.

The conferences are a fucking embarrassement, half bad jokes and half corporate bullshit. A huge waste of money that should be better used in making better games.

The only thing worthy is a couple new game videos and I learned long ago to skip the conferences and watch them afterwards

its not about them being shit holes, its about investors being ready to spend enormous amounts of money into something they're passionate about
anybody with that kind of mindset lives in the US for a good reason

>"anybody with that kind of mindset lives in the US for a good reason"
Found the American. Go spread your propaganda somewhere else.

Believe it or not, big advertisement shows like E3 is definitely leading to better games.

Host is somewhere else for once, or boycott the US games industry!

Keep crying bitch nigger

Why don't you hold your own international conference?

good as in good reason for them to, i don't recall saying anything about the way i feel about it
besides i'm sure the mutts are all sleeping at the moment so stop pissing yourself over "propaganda"

Nah, the only thing they show at E3 is the big AAA games. They are always big bugdet-low effort titles that try to mimic what was hot in the past years.

Recently is anything but sandboxes and I guess there would be a surge of arena FPS games this years trying to mimic Overwatch.

The actual good games are not revealed at E3 anymore, but at the companies private shows.

Can't, USA monopoly.

Sorry I am very fuming about this atm.

"Lets hold off our begin announcements for the US audience since they're the only audience we care about" - The Games Industry

Would anyone like to tell me the last time a console was first announced and demo'd at a non US games conference?

>event held in the US : the whole world is watching
>event held in fucktown, Euristan : nobody cares

Attached: 1498839725546.jpg (480x500, 40K)

>shit holes*

Gamescom is pretty popular, although its a lot more for the people actually there than the people watching

Microsoft had a pretty big conference for it a few years back and announced shit like the New Halo at it rather than E3

This. Nobody fucking cares about the Paris Games Show, Taipei Games Show or whichever fucking Games Show it is. It's in the fucking US because the US is by far the biggest audience for video games. I mean fuck, look at video games in the US vs Japan. 100-200k sales in Japan is considered a success, but if you compare that to the US, that shit might as well be 'underperforming'.

When are TGS and Gamescom coming to LA, you fucking numbskull.

Yes big AAA games such as Monster Hunter, Nier Automata, Yakuza, Wipeout, Shenmue, Ace Combat or Danganronpa, right?
user we're not in 2008 anymore.
They're gonna have to advertise the games anyway, so doing it while everyone is actually watching is far more cost efficient than everyone doing it by themselves for each games.
A lot of the game I just named would NEVER be able to afford to pay for advertisement for several million people by themselves, but thanks to E3, they can just drop a trailer and millions of people will see it.
E3 is still a fantastic for videogames and it's stupid to try to argue otherwise.

Good idea, why don't the big companies hold off their "World Exclusives" for TGS and Gamescom, oh that's right... Not in my shithole.

You have PAX West stop being greedy.

E3 is both bigger and smaller than it has ever been.

It's bigger in the sense that actual viewers online means that the show has more exposure than ever. The press conferences have never mattered more. The actual E3 showfloor however, is increasingly more and more irrelevant.

Nobody cares, is not a event , is trade show for professional outlet, just start to be open ot the pubblic.

For the gaming community the information are acquired on the net, for proper gaming event for the consumer PAX are more important and the biggest videogame sxpo in the world is the Cologne Game Convetion in germany, in therme of number is far bigger comapre to E3.

E3 could happen just like a internet event, like the Nintendo Direct, nobeody really care of the event, actually the professional hate going at E3. Is a pain in the ass, more then ever now that is open to the pubblic.

86 days

Attached: squilliam.jpg (256x256, 12K)

I enjoy E3 because it's always the same group of people gathered to watch it live in our chat groups and it is very relaxing (i think we watch for like 10 years now). Nobody actually cares about the games being shown, just watching to enjoy the shitshow.

Attached: 1458409447248.jpg (236x309, 18K)

Gamescom has been always bigger than E3
Are you living in a cave OP?

Attached: 1491761475373.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Attached: GAMESCOM.jpg (711x642, 103K)

E3 as a digital only event is fine for solving this issue, they could change the starting times every year to not discriminate against others.

Indeed Gamescom is bigger but why does the game industry reveal their major announcements at E3 instead?

300000 sweaty germans/russians that only came to see the cs:go tourney doesn't count

because E3 is for the stockholders

>issue
What issue?
There is no issue.

Gamescom is usually for showing (demo or not) what was announced at the E3 and usually has more people to try it etc...

>There is no issue
Well hooowwwwddyy.

Yep, second best for gamescom.

E3 has more people watching from home is my guess

Indeed, so many streams. And all I want is better representation for the non-americans watching E3 and the non-american game devs.

The UK has to play more games then GTA V, Call of Duty and Fifa before they can hold the biggest gaming convention

GTA that Scottish series? I sure am glad they hold off their shit from events and just announce it whenever.

And great generalisation of the UK playerbase.

Don't give a fuck about these circle jerk events. Just give me cool games.

>E3 is the biggest event in video games, it is a celebration of all things gaming. It is THE event of the year for gaming
It is none of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qqd1qlsipDM

E3 has been shit for a long time now

When another country matters, so never. USA USA USA

>it is a celebration of all things gaming.

It's a fucking marketing event. Non journalists who go there are paying to be marketed to. Everyone hypes themselves up and wets their pants over trailers, the game comes out 6-months/1 year later and is nothing like the trailers, then the entire cycle repeats again

Attached: 1463542991693.png (690x460, 1.23M)

Attached: 1512903532958.jpg (540x720, 64K)