Was Marche right?

Was Marche right?

Attached: 1446405652575.png (1633x1687, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, he was the villain.
And that's what makes FFTA the best Tactics game.

He's a criminal and should be locked away.

Attached: 1499574663768.png (521x462, 25K)

He was just putting a cripple back in his place: the very bottom.

Attached: file.png (970x646, 101K)

i truly don't know, maybe it would be really fun to be in a FF inspired world, but still, it's just escapism, you can say the same about drug abusers and the people here on Sup Forums playing their games just to cope with reality, myself included

Shut up Marche, you're not fooling anyone.

There is a special place in hell for people like him.

People who think he was wrong live in a fantasy world themselves and don't understand that responsibility exists.

he did nothing wrong

I think it depends on which moral system you're judging these character by, which is something I think both FFT and FFTA do very well.
Delita is the perfect example of a consequentialist.
Living in a delusion is perfectly fine if you're an utilitarian and believe that "good" just means that the optimum amount of people are happy.
But for aristotelian moralfags like Ramza, Marche and me, the main characters were in the right in both their respective games.

Attached: ULUS10297_00991.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

>Responsibility
More like your desire to oppress others.

No because his view reminds me of the ending to Drawn to Life 2 so fuck that noise

Attached: The worst plot-twist possible.jpg (500x311, 26K)

>people meme about this but forget that it had one of the most kino videogame commercials ever

youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM

>The rabbit dressed as the moogle.

He was wrong. The real world is garbage and so is anyone that places realism over entertainment.

Marche is incorrect because the primary themes of the game were centered around being able to overcome your obstacles by fighting with your friends. All Mewt wanted to do was be friends with everybody and keep assholes locked down for being assholes. All Ritz wanted to do was have natural Pink hair and be a badass diva alongside her group of femme fatales. Marche for like, 60% of the game, was just ecstatic to be part of a flashy fantasy game world and made many friends in the process, in high and low places. But for some reason, he give us whiplash this needless moral argument about escapism and how Mewt was wrong for choosing to dwell in this ideal land full of friends, challenges to overcome, etc. Even at the very end of the game, Ritz, Marche, and Mewt throw snowballs at the faggot bullies that gave them shit in the beginning. Marche, by merit of the game's own concepts, is incorrect. The only reason anybody sides with you is because they know you're too powerful to resist, considering you've fought literally everything and everybody and won without exception up until that point, and that your ambitions are centered around reaching great heights in an illusory world.

Knee-Nickles is absolutely more correct than Marche in every way because he actually pays attention to the story he's written in.

Attached: Luso FFTA2.jpg (1280x1426, 435K)

Algus was right

no you fucking douchebag, if you have rights, then you also have duties to fulfill

I fucking love this series and I wish it wasn't dead
the best jrpg series ever

Attached: 1475781864298.gif (700x700, 252K)

well, that's misleading as fuck

Pretty sure getting your parents stolen with a high possibility of them being mindless zombies somewhere - while also keeping a whole second world hostage. - was a fairly good argument for Marche to go "fuck this, you are going home."-style on three children thinking they can decide to just up and do that.

>Pic related the post
Fuck off with that terrible mindset.

Attached: K9dvD.gif (500x375, 302K)

all depends on your definition of reality

It's not oppressing, it's ripping the band-aid off that you can't just hold someone and tell them everything's going to be ok for the rest of their lives. There won't be a person capable of sustaining themselves left at the end of a lifetime of that. Life is not easy, but you have to work for a good one and accepting reality is one of the first steps.

Yes. Fuck your fantasy world, stop being a bitch

Not letting someone be happy just because it's not real when for all intensive purposes it is for him? That's just being a cunt

>Forcing your viewpoint onto someone else because it makes your own life easier.
That's oppression.

You cannot say the world they were was fake if it's as tangible as the one they came from.

sorta, but the statement lacks bite when espoused by a fuckhead with no real problems, that speech should have been given by doned or mewt

If it were just the group of kids dropping into magical fantasy book land, it would've been one thing. But everyone in the real world got their shit fucked up and warped due to a dweeb who couldn't cope.

even then, if it was real to him who was Marche to say otherwise

>letting some fuck drag everyone into his fantasy because he doesn't want to deal with life

>tfw when we never have another tactics game anymore
we are in worst timeline

Attached: 1518362660208.jpg (385x387, 17K)

And how is this a problem? Everyone gets to start on a level playing field. The only way it's 'unfair' is if you only gained power through inheritance or abuse in the old world and couldn't do that in Inalice (See Trump.)

>at the end of a lifetime of that.
If he lived in that world for a lifetime what would it matter then? His life would be at its end anyway

>inb4 Square decides to revive the series but for smarphones
I'd kill for a new proper Tactics game. Story of the first Zodiac Braves when

Attached: ULUS10297_00609.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

>Everyone gets to start on a level playing field

But they don't, unless you consider being turned into a zombie or monster a "level playing field". And the rest of your post is a garbage tangent.

For all we know they wanted to be turned into monsters.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mewt.

Also, you can't refute me because it's true. The only people who 'lose' are those who abused their way to power and would have to attempt to use the same tricks to regain their ill gotten games.

Fuck off, Mewt

>Can't refute
>Can only tell me to leave
Loving Every Laugh.

Are you one of the 'elites' of this world that stumbled into power because your family was well connected and rich? Good luck earning that all on your own in Invalice kid.

What is your weird fixation on this point? Are you seriously saying the only people who wouldn't like having their lives turned upside down, their memories wiped, and being forced to live in what would essentially be the dark ages are the "rich and powerful elite"?

Marche actually had parents and extended family to go back to, he doesn't give a fuck about loser with a dead mom and deadbeat dad and probably thought his brother was a cunt for picking legs over mom and dad.

Actually you get to see how Doned was in fact a literally spoiled brat despite (or rather, due.) to his condition. Marche feeling no pity over him stems directly of the fact he almost abuses his parents and pity-extorts them so he can effectively do what he wants all the time, including forcing the to move away because he wanted to live elsewhere, making Marche lose all of his friends.

It's proof that people don't have it as bad as you're trying to imply and cutting off your counter-argument at the knees claiming it's terrible for everyone, when only group has anything to lose, and that group is extremely unsympathetic.

Going to keep dancing around the subject and resort to personal attacks, or continue to fight the losing battle on the merits?

Where the hell does this detail even come from? Why does Squareenix always leave out critical details in their ga-
>remember FFXIII
>GO READ THE DATALOGS!@111one
Fucking dumbasses.

Stop fucking around. Finish him off now while you have the chance!

Marche
Is
The
Villain

Pretty sure its mentioned during one of their exchanges. Thing is, with the way the game is set up, a lot of the plot gets lost in the shuffle.

I wouldn't mind FFTA on my smartphone.
I pretty much emulated everything the GBA had to offer at the time, despite having one and I never properly played tactics due to being a hyperactive sperg that was drowning in roms.

>I fucking love this series and I wish it wasn't dead
No you don't. Do you really want modern square enix to turn this series into another Nomura fujofest? Be careful what you wish for, user.

Reminder to wipe Marche's memory first the next time visiting ivalice

>Marche means walk in french
kek

>It's ok to forcibly drag the populace away from their lives because I said so

You're a real piece of work, Mewt

Well it is the only good isekai
>Not just one guy gets dragged into the world, allowing for shifting viewpoints
>The series actually has fun with the "mechanics" of the parallel world, making the isekai's ability to attract "NPCs" a quality of the world itself
>Instead of being the big dick cheat hero, this is a story about the guy who realizes the innate wrongness of living in a shadow world of instant gratification

It's interesting to think that Montblanc was presumably created to be subservient to Marche.

lol here I first thought his name was "market"

The world was fine then but imagine when Mewt started to become a teenager and go through puberty.

Marche was saving them from degeneracy

It is, if you put the accent on the e

Fuck off Marx, you know how that mindset turned out

Montblanc was not created. He is dreaming from Ivalice and is trapped in the fake Ivalice like Marche is.

Fake Ivalice has people from two worlds to sustain itself. Real Life and FFXII's Ivalice. People like Montblanc or the rest of the mercenaries you meet are from their own world, but like the people from Marche's except Marche, Mewt, Ritz and Doned, they have no memories of this.

He was already on the verge of fucking his own mom in that world.

It would be marché

>he returned the lives of those who got the bad side of the deal, back to normal
>he's the villain
People what the fuck?

Just checked and it's the exchange from the final confrontation with Doned. Doned claims Marche has everything and gets angry that he could never go out and have snowball fights and all that jazz. Marche responds by saying he was never allowed to be selfish and Doned always got his parents attention because he was crippled.

>>he returned the lives of those who got the bad side of the deal, back to normal
Literally nobody except the "bullies" who got turned into zombies.

Was that ever said in the game? Tactics advance was made before XII was a thing so Im thinking you are pulling out of your ass here.

If it happened to the bullies then what about everyone else? If those zombies are the bullies then what about all the other zombies and monsters? They’ve gotta be people too.

Probably from Advance 2.

Yeah A2 is the “real” one that the dream one was based on

You mean if you ignore every single person subjected to Mewt's ridiculous and arbitrary Law system which causes everyone to live in perpetual dread of springing some untold rule that allows him to send them to jail.
Something you are told by every single NPC in the game, yet somehow flies people's heads.

Or Marche's parents, who after devoting their lives to the well-be of Doned, are sent somewhere unknown and not even accounted for by Mewt.

You'd crush your friends and family's happiness to return some douchebag nobodies to whatever life they lived before, without knowing what it's like for them?

Marche was right. People that deny it live by the same philosophy as that of hedonists, that nothing matters (truth included) as long as it feels good.

Advance 2. Educate yourself, pleb.

Considering , yes, obviously. Anyone would.

They were living before that happiness just fine. Turning somebody into a monster just because “I want pink hair” or “I can’t cope with the death of my mom” or “I want to walk” when we have hair dye, people die all the time and that’s something that needs to be dealt with as it is a necessary part of life, and stuff like artificial prosthetic legs and shit is wrong. Ruining the lives of others to make yourself happy is wrong

Oh okay, I havent get far in A2 yet so yeah

Sounds like Marche is a little bitch if you ask me.

>Ruining the lives of others to make yourself happy is wrong
If ruining your life would make me happy i'd do it desu

Mewt knew what he was doing was wrong on a subconcious level. That's why he allowed Marche to be in such a position to stop him.

Attention is an important developmental thing. If you’re constantly ignored in favor of something else as a child it will destroy your self confidence, make you an asshole, or make you hate that thing or person

And that’s why your an asshole, Mewt. Go to hell, that’s where selfish people like you belong

Honestly as long as the gameplay is good and there's loads of content I wouldn't mind that much. Better than being dead. The only thing that would kill the game for me would be if they turned it into a shit gacha mobile game.

That’s called being evil user. You’re a bad person.

And that's when you get a pizzacutter through your mom and justify the actions of the World Destroyer because you stole his parents and life without asking.
Not so hard to understand.

If you live for yourself, then there are people who'd be happy to let you die by yourself.

>don't want me to be happy
From my point of view you're the evil ones

Technically they did try that already. It failed pretty hard.

But Marche is against that. Matches is going to let his friends do that so he undoes their life-ruinings.

I'll destroy your happiness just out of spite bro

When did they try that? I bet they used it as an excuse for not making more games.

You’re already happy enough. The happiness of the world won’t increase if you ruin someone else’s life.

>happiness can only be achieved by tearing others down

This is why we don’t try to take other people’s happiness it just causes conflict.

We should instead try to promote each other’s happiness to a reasonable degree and work together instead of against each other

It was called Final Fantasy Tactics S or whatever.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Tactics-S-Screenshot-1.png (850x483, 415K)

>it's not even a tactics style game
Wow. What a shocker that it failed.

Are we taking into consideration the fact that the world was slowly being destroyed? And the fact that Mewt was a tyranicall asshole?

Both of them were in the wrong.

It will if my happiness is better than his
Happiness obtained at the expense of others feels better

Just fuck my shit up.

The story of this game is retarded, but not for the reasons people usually use to make fun of the game. It's because nobody ever brings up the fact that people's lives are constantly threatened by monsters, and that you're killing people all the time.

Only a VIRGIN deals in absolutes.