Is Aseprite good for making my own video game?

Is Aseprite good for making my own video game?

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1054, 319K)

It's an image editing program, it won't make a game for you.
It's a good image editing program.

Yes, I enjoy it's simple intuitive interface which was a delight to include in my workflow!

Well worth the price and would recommend to anyone interested in video game design!

This

Shill

based shill spotter

pretty good
I just can't into art

What nitrome game is this

with bolo tie

Thanks

and uh have fun

guys how do i zoom in photoshoppe
my brushe looks fuzzy and very large how do i make small square pixzels
how to turn picture into video gam Sup Forums help

Yeah absolutely, it's a great tool for pixel art and is very comfy for a single artist

kek

Attached: asp.png (1600x837, 82K)

that you

it me

Those dragon heads at the bottom look awfully a lot like they're from Monster Hunter.

Attached: mounting bar.png (400x240, 242K)

for you

Be sure that I'm going to pirate it. Fucking cocksucker shill

based based poster

How is it better than Photoshop (something everyone who's into art has)?

Just know that nobody is looking forward to playing 6bit games when 16 bit is the minimum you should be striving for. These games automatically lack movement depth.

What do you mean?

You know exactly what I mean.

I don't, quit shitpostin'.

It's designed specifically for pixelshit and doesn't cost $10 per month.

hell yeah it is

best $15 I ever spent

Attached: 123123123333.png (1928x1021, 158K)

why the UI look different? Different program?

No, it's still Aseprite, I downloaded a skin because I didn't like the default

Damn, I've been contemplating whether or not to get it for $15. I saw a gif where it took a pic of a grill and pixelated it into a sprite and thought that was cool.

>not pirating it

Attached: They came here to laugh at you.png (1920x1080, 3.4M)

Attached: 20.png (480x368, 250K)

Be the good Goy

It's fucking comparatively dirt cheap you poorfag

Way better than goyshop

See? You knew what I mean but pretended it was just a shitpost because your shallow plastic personality can't handle criticism

GOYSHOP? OY VEEEY.

paranoid

What about Piskel?

sounds like you're being pissed on

>those legs
No

Attached: Michael Hampton, Figure Drawing; Design and Invention.jpg (876x997, 177K)

casual version of aseprite

fuck your role model bitch im my own idol

Not really? I'm not afraid of anything. I just pointed out a fact. In fact. You're the paranoid one for claiming I'm shitposting.

Aseprites good shit for pixel art, but you don't make video games with it.

ignore this falseflagging faggotry

Well I was just genuinely confused about what you said and you accused me of knowing what you were talking about which you said i did knew but it was just you shitposting

you type like tumblr.

We get it shill.

>pirating when you could actually buy it

why would you pirate something that could help you make that money back & then some?

Attached: even donny is freaked out.jpg (600x600, 397K)

Care to elaborate or are you just going to shitpost more

Based shill spotter.

yeah you're a shill

That doesn't seem to have gotten you far.

how

thanks for your input faggot now fuck off

if you can't face it you can ass it

Yeah sure, and as soon as the devs find out you're selling a game made with a pirated copy they'll have every right to sue.

>browser based
>cloud faggotry
>way less functionality

Then be a Goy.

>implying they'll find
Anyway I'm just making sprites for my own fun. Fuck you corporate shills you'll never be able to stop me from doing what I love

Attached: 1520576773475.jpg (657x820, 80K)

yeah i figured after it says to sign in with a google account

I can't tell if you're trying to imply that Aseprite is a game engine, or if they're going to somehow magically find out what program I made my indie pixelshit sprites in. Either way, you're a retard.

how come i can't download the trial version on the website, i get a 404 error

somebody needs to fix that shit

Better than being a pirate.

Because you're a faggot.

I could elaborate more but if you think me saying it's good shit is shitposting than eat a dick nigga good luck with your game

thanks

Aseprite is alright. Probably the most comfortable pixel art program to work in out of any I've tried, definitely worth the asking price.

Attached: AsepriteIsAlright.png (528x467, 83K)

Or maybe you could have explained your reasoning in your first post instead of acting like an uppity faggot

chug bleach nigger

no thanks

I'm not dignifying a post mistaking pixel art software for creating video games with anything more than "it doesn't do that" and I'm definitely not giving some stupid falseflagging bullshit garbage post anything beyond calling them a stupid faggot

sit on a rail spike you braindead cumguzzling neanderthal and don't ever reply to me again

>bleach
Normalfag

Why would I use it over Microsoft Paint or PaintShopPro?

Someone give this man a hand.

Attached: 1521069461529.gif (500x239, 715K)

Those are all equally good game engines to use.

I'll reply whoever I want you dicksucking sperg, I unironically hope you fucking die of fag disease, I'll piss on your grave when it happens motherfucker

release date when

Fuck you, you homophobe.

Pretty sure aseprite is open source/ free, you just have to compile it yourself. The purchase price is simply to get a precompiled binary.

Compile it myself?

Oh, didn't know it let you make the whole game. Thought it just was used for drawing sprites. Please excuse my previous comment.

That's the joke.

paint doesn't have an animator or layers

It's for autist purist faggots only

anyone got an unlocked version?

Pirate.

>That color palette

Attached: 1518937425786.jpg (540x540, 21K)

So nothing.
>implying anyone sane pays for Photoshop

You been to penis town

You could track it down sure, but it's not particularly pricey and updates come regularly.

No its janky as fuck, get a pirated Paint Shop Pro 9 by Jasc instead. It is hands down the best pixel art tool ever created.

how nigga i cant find a torrent

furfags will be shot on sight

How is it janky?

it's nifty and functions well as a sprite editor
has pretty common sense stuff for pixel art workflow too (i.e. onion skinning, frame editors, automatic cropping/splicing for sprite sheets)

Attached: sprite_playerrun.png (280x37, 4K)

not him but what's the problem with the palette

>not on piratebay
oh well

I got it for 2 euros during a special sale, should i finally try it?
Is pixel art had to make? can you be good at it even if you are shit at drawing?

hard to make*
sorry i got a brainfart, it's the middle of the night in France.

also not that OP but it looks like he didn't do anything to limit the palette
purposely limiting the color palette is just good work ethic that keeps the pixel art looking clean, especially for pixel art where colors should be strictly defined, and often times are purposely limited to imitate art from older games (where console hardware actually limited the palette to 16/32 colors)

photoshop has about five trillion other features that are extremely useful but serve no purpose when making pixel art, other than to fuck it up

with the baguette

really funny, could you now answer my question.