Why do aliens in vidya and fiction in general all look humanoid?

Why do aliens in vidya and fiction in general all look humanoid?

Attached: 1516513180351.png (600x550, 273K)

Because humanoid shape is top tier, evolutionary speaking

Because cow tools was too confusing.

Wolfgirls a cute and a best.

Attached: Kagerou!.png (1200x1200, 1.08M)

I love Reisen!

Attached: 39057327.jpg (495x700, 76K)

Easier to animate in ways that don't look janky as fuck. Lack of creativity. Half the ayyyylians these days are stand-ins for human ethnic groups.

>humanfags actually believe this

Attached: 1413752591005.jpg (1280x573, 174K)

Humanoid shape is shit tier though
>only two functioning legs
>no tail
>weaker muscle structure
>pretty much dies from any impact to the head no matter how miniscule
>no fur for protection against cold and blows

I blame it on nu-sci fi like Mass Effect and Star Citizen. Back in my day aliens actually looked different.

Attached: 1521195828637m.jpg (1024x588, 98K)

>implying it's not

That space worm is about to eat all the feces on earth. You're going to tell me some shit eating spacefaggot is better than me?

Sex sells.

Poor creative design. If they aren't humanoid, you also have a lot of work cutout for you because you have to reinvent shit like clothes, vehicles, furniture, weapons, or whatever else is relevant in your game.

>>only two functioning legs
>>no tail
>>weaker muscle structure
>>pretty much dies from any impact to the head no matter how miniscule
>>no fur for protection against cold and blows

So how did we kill off the mammoth that had four legs, a tail, stronger muscular structure, thick skulls and fur?

because coming up with unique designs is hard, and animating them is harder. this is why people just settle for "blue humans" and "green humans" because it takes a lot of effort to craft a new species and how they would look, sound, move and otherwise be completely alien to what we've seen already. while different colored humans was acceptable in the 60's/70's because of the technology, today that shit is inexcusable due to massive leaps in artistic ability and tech available

this is why games like halo and starcraft have absolute top tier aliens

>Has fins and tiny pointy teeth
Whoever drew this doesn't brain too good

>implying you can't make aliens sexy

Attached: fb904876c3b3c213997f3eff2e9c6747.jpg (1000x707, 583K)

Pretty much this, Its the only form so far to allow brain development as advanced we are, plenty of other physical attributes could be done better with other builds, but only one so far has produced biological self aware intelligence

That's humanoid, sorry about your neurological disorder by the way

People like to empathize with characters. It's hard to empathize with creatures that have no face or tangible motives for doing things.

that doesn't mean the fucking humanoid structure is good retard, humanoids are outclassed by every other body shape available and their only saving grace is the maxed INT

This. A race of 4-legged space dogs or galactic worms is not feasible. The ability to use our hands to develop tools is what allowed us to come this far in the first place.

It's hard as shit to think of interesting concepts otherwise.

because they had brains to make tools to kill things, unlike you, with no brain to come up with a logical argument.

Attached: 1521418550554.png (800x729, 48K)

God is an humanoid

You're talking about humans, not humanoids. There could be a humanoid with a tail, fur, and a thick skull out there somewhere.

Go away

Attached: 1519596412515.png (504x373, 197K)

I love miwool

It's easier to relate and project onto humanoids. That's why everyones obsessed with human-looking robots and shit too

And how the fuck do you expect a race without maxed INT to invent space travel? All other stats become irrelevant when you have science fiction tier technology

you call those fucking aliens?

Attached: drownyard-behemoth-e1470438035739-539x280.jpg (539x280, 23K)

>he said god is (____) GET HIM REEEEEEEE

of course there is if you think this is the only place in the universe with intelligent life you need to get your pea sized brain examined. different evolutionary rules apply to different worlds more numerable than anyone can imagine

Wow deep, man. How did you come to that realization?

these guys dont look ayylien enough

Attached: atyyy.jpg (236x320, 15K)

You can show off all the neat spooky space tentacle alien fucks you want but as far as anyone is concerned they are no better than animals. That pic related spider guy looks fucking cool but is he gonna develop civilization? Technology and weapons?

You never know

dude in a costume
dude in a fursuit
better but still looks like something you could find under the sea
best one ITT

>implying civilization and technology trumps pure evolutionary supremacy

the hive-mind would like to speak with you...

Only 13% of people who own a Switch are women, so I have no idea.

The ability to use technology is an evolutionary trait.