It's happening!

it's happening!

Attached: t6.png (608x512, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/304750-rumor-more-evidence-of-switch-revision-surfaces-may-include-mo
vocaroo.com/i/s0BWo78XzdiS
polygon.com/2017/12/29/16829726/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers-japan-fastest-selling-console
vg247.com/2018/01/26/switch-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-spains-history-has-already-surpassed-xbox-one-in-sales/
nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/nintendo_switch_is_now_the_fast-selling_console_in_france_with_1_million_units_sold
dualshockers.com/switch-fastest-selling-nintendo-console-italy/
techvibes.com/2018/01/19/nintendo-switch-is-the-fastest-selling-canadian-console-ever-with-400000-shipped
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not in 2018 it isn't.

I mean, of course
I even want this thing but I'll be gosh darned if I make the mistake of early adopting ever again

improved models coming out shortly after the release of the regular one, and giving a big fuck you to the people who supported it are common in this industry now

>rumors
>nintendo fanwebsites
yeah sure whatever

This sounds more relevant to an internal revision of the hardware to drop manufacturing costs.

And not with better specs. With it being the fastest selling system ever, they'd be shooting themselves in the goddamn foot to effectively split their userbase in two. If the Switch does get a revision, it'll be a few years from now, and maybe one or two games will bother to use it, like the New 3DS or PS4 Pro and Xbone X.

Big if true

BROS NOOOO

What will more RAM accomplish? It's not going to help their fps/resolution problem

did anyone seriously think this wouldn't happen. definitely not coming out until 2019 tho

2lazy2pastebin
gonintendo.com/stories/304750-rumor-more-evidence-of-switch-revision-surfaces-may-include-mo

Isn't that a tad self defeating this early in it's lifetime?

The PS4 is the fastest selling system ever. Not the Switch.

N3ds yes, ps4 pro and Xbox one x have a shit load more games that actually use the upgrade in power.

PS4 isn't the fastest selling console.

>they'd be shooting themselves in the goddamn foot to effectively split their userbase in two.
Now where have I heard this argument before?

Attached: NINTENDO WOULD NEVER SPLIT THEIR USERBASE IN TWO!.jpg (1000x1000, 61K)

If they do this by E3, it will be DS lite all over again.

give me a $200 slim version without gay joycons or gay docks or whatever and ill buy it

this is why i didnt buy one yet
nintendo just cant fucking help themselves

N3DS came out like 3 years after the 3DS, didn't it?

>not reading the entire post

Attached: 1450417405214.jpg (689x1023, 69K)

OK, whatever. That's not really relevant. The point is that it sold 15 million units in the year it's been out. No video game hardware manufacturer is cynical enough to expect that same number of people to double dip on a system a year later. Nintendo fans are rabid, but they're not iPhone rabid.
Yeah, and how many games were released that really took advantage of the hardware besides Xenoblade? A game developed by a company owned by Nintendo, incidentally.

It would be absolutely detrimental to divide the installbase this soon. It won't get a revision until it starts to lose steam, and even then, it'll probably be in the form of supplemental computing units

Swich with OLED screen please.

The timing of the N3DS is irrelevant. What matters is that Nintendo DID split their userbase in two when retards here on Sup Forums said they wouldn't. It stands to reason that Nintendo would also have no issue splitting the Switch userbase in two.

I don't need to reply to the entire post, because his own post invalidates his own argument.

Isn't the revision just to prevent homebrew/piracy? Like the console itself won't change, just the stuff inside it.

What would straight joycons look like?

Many new games use the PS4 Pro. It just doesn't have exclusives, it merely runs the games at higher resolutions

The New3DS is what I'm afraid of, because Nintendo has demonstrated they're willing to hold back games from their core just to incentivize hardware double dipping. It's a really, really shitty thing to do, and one of the reasons I'm becoming less and less a fan

this, they are probably making a revision to a smaller chip to reduce costs and heat as well.

everything one piece with no detachable shit to break. if i want another controller it should just be a wireless one. joycons were a mistake.

But making it all one piece would make the device significantly less durable because you'd lose all the shock absorption from the joycon setup.

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

can you name 3 games that use the new 3ds' power?

such a waste

They need a fucking software overhaul and some sort of external memory features too.

Basically this. I don't see this happening this year or next, unless Nintendo did something like offer 40% off the new machine if you trade in the old one or something.

>pc gaming is too expensive you have to upgrade every year
>consolefags get hype for their $300 slight upgrades
Makes a whole lot of sense.

So I just wasted $400 fucking dollars?

Maybe "splitting the base in two" was a wrong word choice on my part. What I mean, is that if Nintendo were to release a new Switch revision, they're not going to release a game exclusively for it because it would be financial suicide. 3rd party publishers certainly won't do that because they have no incentive to do so. So they'll continue to release their games with the regular Switch as their lead dev platform, effectively rendering the hardware revision useless, like they did with the 3DS.

Using the 3DS' numbers as an example, the original 3DS and its non-upgrade iterations have sold a combined total of 77 million units. The New 3DS and its variants have sold 12 million units. It doesn't take an expert economist to guess which system they're going to target.

Smash loaded a lot faster, not sure it that counts.
MH4U had better textures
Majora's Mask had better loading times
Pokemon games had better FPS
there were like 3 major exclusives (Xenoblade/FE Warriors and Minecraft)
Zelda warriors played a lot better
SNES VC
I'm sure there's more.
It wasn't worth upgrading until piracy was easily accessible.

the 3DS has:
>3DS (vanilla)
>3DSXL
>N3DS
>2DS

I probably forgot to mention 1-2 other versions of that piece of shit console there, but you get my point, I don't know what you are expecting tbqh.

>the original 3DS and its non-upgrade iterations have sold a combined total of 77 million units. The New 3DS and its variants have sold 12 million units.
Dunno where your numbers are coming from but they're wrong. Last report had 3DS at 72 million, and that includes "New" models, as well as 2DS, etc

>tfw you didn't wait for the Switch Pro

Attached: 1339951601713.png (396x381, 130K)

The n3ds didn't split the user base in two. Only a handful of games require it. Just like the DSi didn't split the DS user base, although a handful of games required it.

>rumor
>evidence

Attached: f471783336.jpg (795x516, 118K)

>switch releases with shit hardware, shit software and shit third party support
>re-release the same console less than 12 months later with just as shit hardware, shit software and absolutely no third party support

WHAT THE FUCK COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Attached: 60533B5F-EA73-4418-B44E-E9C4E0640A53.gif (497x296, 1.3M)

>not even out for a year.
>already jewing you with a new ''better' one making the old one outdated

Attached: 1517680813507.gif (480x360, 1.84M)

Well, Switch was already a revision of the Wii U

I just did a quick Wikipedia glance. I don't care enough to actually dig through the numbers. The 3DS page has its lifetime sales at 77 million units as of last December; I wasn't sure if that was combined across all iterations of the 3DS family, or just the actual "old" 3DS versions. It did specifically list the New 3DS family as having 12 million units, though.

So, yeah, I'll admit my mistake. But the point still stands even with 65 million "old" 3DS models vs 12 million New ones.

>can you name 3 games that use the new 3ds' power?
Every single SNES VC game on the 3DS.
Xenoblade
Hyrule Warriors
Mom Hid My Game

Those didn't cost $400 with $60 games.
They didn't pull this shit with any other of their consoles, and I especially didn't expect them to do it when they claimed the Switch wasn't going to replace the 3DS.

>re-release the same console less than 12 months later with just as shit hardware, shit software and absolutely no third party support

literally the same case as the 3DSXL, the only thing different is the bigger screen and they STILL didn't add the second analog.

The Switch is a glorified handheld, no amount of nintendoshillling will change this fact. I don't know how you are getting fooled just because of the higher pricetag and "Nintendo said so!"

>Hey nintendo how about a price drop?
>Nah heres your New Switch with 6 mb more ram for the same price

Attached: 1512701076326.jpg (403x395, 22K)

>Every single SNES VC game on the 3DS.
Video games from four (technically five?) generations ago aren't going to sell systems, user. Especially since if you were really desperate to play SNES games, the Wii, Wii U, and at some point in the future, the Switch are all going to do the same thing.

>implying

God fucking dammit I just got one. I fucking hate console upgrades.

>not even out for a year

Attached: 1514126834389m.jpg (1024x512, 33K)

>The 3DS page has its lifetime sales at 77 million units as of last December;
71.99 million
Check your prescription, grandpa

>new 3ds is announced
>AHAHHAHAHAHA IT'S FUCKING OVER THE REST OF THE GAMES ARE GONNA BE N3DS EXCLUSIVE EARLY ADOPTERS BTFO
>years later
>2 N3DS exclusive titles, one of which is an inferior port of a wii game
who even gives half a shit kek

More ram can help with resolution depending on the bus it can help with fps too.

>I fucking hate consoles
There you go, sport

vocaroo.com/i/s0BWo78XzdiS

>tfw you are only buying the Switch for one single game anyways and it hasn't even have a release date yet

oh I will be waiting, I know exactly this is going to happen and hopefully I will be able to enjoy SMT V on the final version of the Switch.

Attached: 1520903254127.png (750x539, 878K)

It's probably for a dev kit so it can run debugging software and games at the same time or something like that.

SEETHING

The fact that you buy consoles for exclusives you can't play elsewhere and yet there's a meta exclusive on an iteration that you can only play on the iteration should really bother you

Whether or not it's any good isn't the point. THe point is you bought a 3DS and there's a 3DS game you can't play. I don't know how you could be more cucked

That hasn't been true for some time.
The holiday season showed the Switch's true power. It just looked like the PS4 had an advantage because the PS4 launched right before the holiday season so it already had that bumb in its statistics from the get go. Whereas the Switch launched right after it and had to wait almost a full year to get that holiday season boost.

>mfw I bought my PS4 at full price, my Switch at full price, my Pro at full price, and every single game I own is the full priced season pass definitive edition, and now I'm gonna buy the new Switch at full price because I'm not some poorfaggot

Attached: deal.gif (300x275, 1.93M)

>The holiday season showed the Switch's true power.
Only in the US. Switch isn't making any records globally because it's doing poorly in EU, and in Japan it's trailing the DS, 3DS and Wii.

The possibility of a Switch revision is why I have been holding out on getting new Joycons.
Hopefully it will be worth it.

I am not the guy who got duped into buying inferior hardware when I can use the same price to buy a better version of the console.

The Switch is simply not worth buying for me for the moment, I won't blame anyone if they want to buy a console on release just to play the exclusive but you would have to be an absolute idiot/shill to not see a new version coming.

This. Hopefully something is announced at E3

>aking any records globally because it's doing poorly in Eu
Eurofags gotta euro

I guess it would sound dumb to a fucking idiot like you.

>RUMOR -

Attached: read a book nigger.jpg (566x480, 73K)

fuck I hate that. They should let you bring in your og unit for 80% off on the updated version.
Sony the gypsie jap cunts kept sending me faulty units and they coulda sent me the ps3 slim instead of the brick, but nope

Has anyone looked at the Twitter account to fact check?

>Not even out for a year

The Switch came out on March 3rd, 2017, it's been a year.

>posting rumor when most major releases including crash coming to the switch, MH going back to sony and the switches entire concept were leaked in rumors before any official announcements
I know 9 times out of 10 it's bullshit but most big announces have been rumored before their announcements recently. The only ones who seem to be able to keep their shit under wraps is nintendo when it comes to new game announcements like the smash reveal in the last direct

>Only in the US.
And Japan. And Spain. And France. And Italy. And Canada. And Korea. And so on, and so on. It's a rather long list. Also worldwide.

Man I just fuckin bought one I'll be mad as hell

>they're willing to hold back games from their core just to incentivize hardware double dipping
There's like, what? Three games that require the N3DS? One is a port of a Wii game, Xenoblade, the other a Switch focused title, FEW. The other was a monster hunter, maybe? I know Hyrule Warriors technically worked on all models, but I know that "technically" was pretty shit. It's shitty that it happened at all but with the Switch having a big focus on the whole "portable and television" play thing, I don't think splitting the userbase is in the cards at all. Not unless they're generational lines become blurred and things become more like an Iphone each model or something. Which is pretty bad for a dedicated console, I don't think gets often brought up. There's no way to easily inform the customer what will or won't work on the consoles if you're not making the new models essentially entirely new consoles marketing-wise. It's partially what sunk the WiiU. No one should have to ask "can WiiU games work on the Wii?" Or "do Switch+ games work on the Switch?" If the Switch gets a better model, it'll have to be more like the Pro/X than the N3DS.

If they release an updated version already I swear I will never buy another Nintendo product again. You want to make people happy, Ninty? Give us the fucking D-pad on a joycon already.

Thank FUCK i held off buying a switch until pokemon comes out

Attached: 521783b6-c2e8-4d47-b471-6d79c2dfac67.jpg (600x1000, 75K)

>Literally its ok when nintendo does it

Hmmmmmmmmm

the Switch has 1GB of Ram for the OS, you could run the debugging software in that cache, 1GB for as light weight an OS is plenty, sometimes I get this feeling that people forget how little Ram OS's used to use up..

But it did break records, this is the most consoles sold in the first 12 months of any platform.

Almost none of those are correct. Including worldwide. The "fastest console ever" record applies to just the US.

If this is true, I hope for one thing above everything else: a fucking better d-pad.

They don't even have to research anything new. Just use the Pro Controller d-pad and stick it in there.

>may include
They're just changing the tegra board to plug the hardware exploits. It'll be a silent change with no performance, price, or look differences. Unless you were to open it up you'd never even notice it.
You can bet on this.

Of course that is not to say they won't make an actual revision eventually. But these """""RUMORS""""" are about that. It's just an anti-hacking precaution.

Is there even a point in buying in early to consoles anymore?

>I swear I will never buy another Nintendo product again
Good

>buying in early to consoles
It's always been a remarkably bad idea
There's a sucker born every minute, though. Let them learn their lesson the hard way

I got burned by the Wii's shitware and gimmicky controls and I still fell for the Switch. Nobody to blame but myself. I figured I'd at least be able to overpay for ROMs by now.

>It's always been a remarkably bad idea
Didn't really start until the 6th gen where this was true. Early PS2/GCN's both had problems with the disc laser failing not sure if the xbox had hardware issues. Xbox 360 had the RRoD problem, PS3 was actually better to buy in early because of BC but many of the early fats are starting to die.

polygon.com/2017/12/29/16829726/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers-japan-fastest-selling-console
vg247.com/2018/01/26/switch-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-spains-history-has-already-surpassed-xbox-one-in-sales/
nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/nintendo_switch_is_now_the_fast-selling_console_in_france_with_1_million_units_sold
dualshockers.com/switch-fastest-selling-nintendo-console-italy/
techvibes.com/2018/01/19/nintendo-switch-is-the-fastest-selling-canadian-console-ever-with-400000-shipped

These are the top results for "switch fastest selling console in [insert country here]" on google.
>Almost none of those are correct

Make it happen, Nintendo.

I thought it was gonna be a soft revision where they use a more secure chip to prevent pirating.

Like anyone going to buy a ducking price of shit soyboy toy! It will flop just like everything soytendo does. Fuck Soyboys fuck Nintendo!

>Rumour

Dismissed, archive this bait thread please.

Pretty sure this is all to do with cracking down on hackers before the smash and pokemon drop withfirmware 5. 0.0 being the software side and the pcb and chip getting revised to be much harder for hacking

Multiple anonymous sources have claimed it could possibly be coming as soon as early as potentially May this very year. It's looking like we're right on the verge of the next Switch iteration.