Sea of Thieves

>Microsoft's flagship title this year
>Given center stage at their E3 show 2 years in a row
>4 years in development

Honestly, I cant even laugh at them. Its like picking on a retarded kid.

Attached: 1521499039731.png (1920x1076, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHKwEdj9rg4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/03/19/how-to-play-sea-of-thieves-on-xbox-one-or-pc-for-10-or-for-free/#1cd7a5043085
seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Ships
seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Weapons
seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Creatures#Enemies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that the famous and feared Kraken?
Does it even have a body or a mouth you can fight?

"My personal experience with the game didn't make me happy, therefore it's bad!"

Google the word anecdotal and then order a noose.

Attached: 1448266947957.png (444x444, 111K)

I hope pic related isn’t what you’re shitting on the game for. Literally every video game does this.

Hello pajeet.

Everytime I've seem videos of a "Kraken" showing up, it was just those tentacles randomly grabbing people while everybody shoots cannonballs at them, and then after a while they just leave.

It's just those tentacles and they teleport your ship closer, after you hit some damage threshold on it the thing just runs away. Feels like an early access game. Wish I'd waited a bit to use the game pass trial, oh well.

Sorry fag. USA born and raised. Your opinion is trash and I am having a fucking time and a half playing this friends. Fuck yourself and your baseless argument.

Attached: 3w1Dbjq.jpg (640x640, 40K)

Looking forward to meeting cool skellies. Sorry you don't like it

Attached: IMG_20180320_103819.jpg (3036x4048, 2.88M)

youtube.com/watch?v=aHKwEdj9rg4
>"kraken" is just a 10 tentacles randomly appearing around the ship
>they do nothing but wiggle and occasionally grab a ship or roar
>best way to fight them is shoot with your sniper rifle
>you can just swim away
>after 10 minutes of shooting, it just disappears
>you get absolutely nothing for "defeating it"

Also, this is will surely be added to the game

Attached: IMG_20180320_104050.jpg (3036x4048, 3.28M)

Attached: e26.jpg (500x628, 86K)

Reminder that this game has
>Only 2 types of ship
>Only 6 types of weapon
>Only 3 types of enemy, almost all enemies in the game are a slightly different coloured reskin of the skeleton
>Autoaim lock-on sword battles, and ship battles which are decided solely by who got the most planks in the boring minigame beforehand
>No ability to name your own ship
>Crews of only 4
>Shitty servers which have already gone down
>Nothing to buy with your gold but cosmetics
>Day One Microtransactions cut out of the game to sell back to you piecemeal

The PvE is shit, the PvP is shit, the treasure hunting quickly gets boring since it lacks challenge. There is no reason to play this game for more than a few hours, and it is DEFINITELY not worth the $60 purchase price.
They lied and said the Kraken would have a body/head.

I wish i could be so easily entertained too. Blessed are the simple minded.

more skeleton enemies

a dice minigame

much content wow

>this is will surely be added to the game
Hello Pajeet, how's your poor command of English coming along today?

Attached: but it's a bbbbb.jpg (1599x664, 181K)

And yet here I am, still having fun with my friends and you're still wasting your time bitching on an anonymous japanese image board.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

From what I've been told by various people who have all failed to provide proof, is that's only the first phase of the fight and that there's a damage threshold that needs to be met to get to the next phases.

Could be wrong though, haven't seen any evidence to support this claim

Attached: 1518497839536.png (266x280, 111K)

Mad.

Attached: 63f403bfea19cb38656dc10eb2f8898f--cat-cakes-kitty-cakes.jpg (400x533, 18K)

Good job Microshill but nobody's biting

>I
Yes Pajeet, we all believe you're really genuinely playing this game and having a total BLAST with your Friends (tm).

Attached: sea of reviews.png (634x296, 17K)

>play game for 2 hours
>experience everything it has
I guess this flagship... floundered

One question, can you shill for Microsoft and work in a normal job at the same time? Do you have like a contract that stipulates a fixed work schedule with full dedication during that time? Or can you do that job at your own leisure while still being able to work normally without conflicting with your working schedule?
I've been having a lot of downtime at my work lately and since I shitpost on Sup Forums during that free time I thought that I might as well earn some extra bucks doing so.

If you can answer me time I would be grateful, thanks!

192k currently playing. Servers are having trouble fitting everyone. Lmaoing at your sad life.

I guess you can only see it that way since you don't know what actually having friends is like. I feel sorry for you.

Attached: 1477878030544.jpg (411x412, 65K)

"Everyone I don't agree with is X!"

Sad.

Attached: 1499949508763.jpg (376x419, 52K)

Nice astroturfing guys, should have put that money in the development instead though

See

I did, I bought the game, and I am extremely happy with my purchase. Most fun I've had in a long time actually.

Attached: 1516736857116.jpg (400x397, 24K)

>viva pinata 3 never
Words cannot express how sad this makes me. Honest to god i'd take it over a new traditional Banjo game.

Attached: 1454136698375.gif (400x232, 1.16M)

I meant Microsoft lmao
Your reading skills can't be this bad if you're going to shill blunders, just so you know.
Less money on marketing, more money on development. It's not rocket science, Microsoft. Stop astroturfing.

See

If the game is so bad, then why is it selling so well? Why does everyone else like it? Hmmmm....

A MYSTERY

Attached: 1484163896003.png (671x519, 146K)

Its actually very interesting that Microsoft choose to focus on "word of mouth" marketing by paying streamers and online shills to promote their game instead of focusing on making a good game.
Maybe they are testing the waters, gauging to see just how important is making a high budget game and if it is possible to save money in the development costs and redistribute some of it to this alternative marketing that is without a doubt much cheaper to do.
Who knows, maybe Microsoft is smarter than we think?

How is it selling well? It also goes in hand with a subscription service that allows to inflate the numbers like that, how many of those players paid full price?
Who is everyone else who likes it? Your guerrilla marketing team? Everyone is complaining about it everywhere, have you seen any Twitch stream?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Pretty sure Nu-Rare are the ones who need to go /out/ since they've clearly never seen an actual woman

Attached: sea of thieves official artwork.jpg (1450x1177, 272K)

Maybe Rare just a shit developers?

Makes you wonder where all the money for 4 years of development budget went

The majority of players are on PC, you don't have to pay for xbox live on PC. Try again.

The twitch streams are some of the best I've ever seen, and I fucking hate streaming. Uh oh running out of shitty arguments.

Everyone I've talked to in game, reviewers, people playing it on streaming sites. Uh oh, last chance.

It's selling well because it's fun. Damn, I sank your galleon nigga.

Attached: bunny-bee-bee-300x300.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Me too, user

Attached: 1512789488479.jpg (286x750, 59K)

jesus fucking christ

Whens the last time you saw a pirate in real life? And why do you expect video games to look like real life? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: 1508897462886.jpg (720x960, 96K)

This is pathetic, Pajeet, your game is a blunder, deal with it.

but user
anon
we have to smash unrealistic female beauty standards by making the female pirates in our game extraordinarily ugly
#WOMENSDAY #YASS

Attached: Sea of Thieves.jpg (1024x512, 98K)

There's just nothing else like it currently. I don't know if there ever will be again. People don't like different i guess and just want their meme multiplayer only experiences.

Attached: 1263098270284.png (640x480, 313K)

The only thing pathetic is you sitting in an anonymous image board struggling to make even a single argument against the game that makes sense other than

"le pageeet xdD"

I am loving this game and my friends are too. Cry to someone who cares, like your mother.

Attached: GABAGOOL.jpg (572x750, 939K)

So no proof that the game is successful in any way other than your astroturfing spiel? You should get fired, I'm refunding my copy.

>Whens the last time you saw a pirate in real life? And why do you expect video games to look like real life?
Because I wanted a pirate game, not fucking Shrek 5?

Attached: SOT_E3_2016_Pirate_3.jpg (6126x6240, 922K)

>reddit spacing
>horrible grammar
>repeatedly linking totally unrelated images
>this keeps happening in the same predictable pattern
Yep, it's a Pajeet marketer alright.

There's that monstergirl garden game that plays ike it. Too bad development has been slow, not to mention it runs like ass

Holy shit, it's so progressive! Even victims of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome can be swashbuckling badass independent stonk wimmyn pirates!

Sea of Thieves ladies and gentlemen
The game where fat ugly female pirates or skinny ugly female pirates are your hosts for the evening

Attached: SOT_E3_2016_Pirate_1.jpg (6126x6240, 1.06M)

Pretty sure the one in the back is a man

pirates is the most sacred and difficult of all the genres

Even the mermaids are fat and androgynous (according to the filename, merMAIDS, this is meant to be female)
You can tell what sort of person worked on this game

Attached: SOT_E3_2016_Mermaids-Screenshot.jpg (732x486, 52K)

microsoft should have given up altogether on consoles before even making the Xbone X. Should've launched Xbone S + the game pass and just focused on making all their old, better games backwards compatible.

These exclusives are embarrassing and if by some chance an Xbone exclusive is actually good, it just makes everyone sad, because it's trapped on the Xbone. Look how overjoyed people were when it was announced Cuphead would also come out on Steam. had it been xbone/W10 exclusive it would've been forgotten in a week.

even killer instinct, their one actually popular thing, died out pretty fast, and MCC took years to get some patches

Official artwork of Sea of Thieves

Attached: SOT_E3_2016_Pirates-Night_Screenshot.jpg (437x404, 25K)

This and every MS exclusive the last 2 years has been nothing but a service and less of a game. Talk shit about Sony's movies and Nintendo's bing bing wahoo but at least they make video games instead of always online grind forever skinner boxes.

Attached: 1519850706902.jpg (403x394, 34K)

Benedict Cumberbatch

Attached: SOT_E3_2016_Pirate_4.jpg (6126x6240, 726K)

There is so many fresh pirate games that do what sea of thieves does but better it's amazing they even bothered.

You know, I've been on the internet basically 24/7 for the past... I dunno, decade at least, and I have never seen companies (or anyone really) virtue signal about Women's Day until this year. Seems to me like a holiday nobody gave a shit about until it served a purpose in pushing this progressive agenda.

>that hideous creature second from the left
>meanwhile at Nintendo

Attached: 5a9c796d4c8bc.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

You've nailed it on the head, user. This is exactly what they're doing. They're testing the waters to see if they can make a sub par game, but make it """co op friendly""" and twitch bait. This is no point in attempting to make a triple a single player game anymore when you can just shit out battle royale game and make millions with zero effort. even more money than you would with a title you put effort into anyway.

Future of western gaming looks incredibly grim.

Attached: hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg (393x421, 18K)

I have never seen this image you are using before. You are not from here. Leave. We can all see right through you, faggot.

Attached: J u s t.png (1193x660, 743K)

what else is fresh than that one early access pirate pvpshit game that i can't remember

>One of the first wave alpha testers 2 years ago
>Try it out during the stress test 2 weeks ago
>It's literally exactly the same with cosmetics and better graphics

How do I get paid a salary to do jack fuck for 2 years? I want that job.

>"We are on a no show until ready mentality for upcoming Sea of Thieves content."
>"Microtransaction store for our $60 game is coming out in June."

Major red flags. Do not purchase. I say this while loading up my Xbox One X to play some games today. Seriously Rare just completely fucked off and Phil told them to just start on a new game and milk SoT as much as they can.

Attached: Fill Pencil.jpg (640x360, 14K)

This is probably true. Loot boxes 100% have changed gaming.

Your options now are what? You have a multiplayer game with skins so you can sell loot boxes. You have games like sports games where you can sell cards. Card Games. Co-op friendly games (We were here is a good example of the concept you were talking about as "Twitch bait")

I guess MMO's still work, the point i'm getting at is you don't really just want to sell a game as a standalone product right now.

This is what happens when a platform [gaming in this scenario] become to big. Gaming is at an all time high, which means there are more bottom feeders than ever. Just do the usual trend and it'll always work. Just the way it is. The internet almost fucking exploded when Drake started playing that battle royale game the other day, and it only increased its popularity ten fold. Watch the celeb push of games happen now, they'll try to force it so hard. Wait for the Sea of Thieves celeb cameo of him/her playing, mark my words it'll happen. I know exactly how Microsoft think.

Attached: a68.png (520x678, 301K)

Time is money. 4 years since it was announced.
That's a lot of time to have been wasted if it were just a ploy to profit off of easy development.
Most likely they spent too much production time perfecting anything but gameplay.

>my anecdotal evidence is better than yours
>merely pretending

You also forgot about how companies are working out that video games can be still made as a platform to sell more games back to you. Take the newest Final Fantasy game.

That game has a season pass, it all came out, loads of dlc missing, you finally get it, play through it, w/e. They -just- announced a Royal edition, we all think this is the goty edition with all the dlc/season passes we missed. It is, but turns out, they're releasing another season pass. So we're now in a state of game in which there are HALF WAY POINT GOTY EDITIONS released. So that means, if you bought FF 15 at launch, you basically payed full price for about ... 15% of the final product. Video games releasing there announcement dates mean zero to me anymore. If a game says its being realised in say... 2022. I take that for 2025. When the real, giga, xxx deluxe supah charge edition is released. How the fuck we allowed gaming to get like this. The fact that FF15 royale game is going to make millions, and they're going to be -rewarded- for that horrific, horrific shitty practice just BOGGLES my mind,

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-5-The-Phantom-Pain-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

this game would have been great if it were either: an co-op RPG with a straight forward campaign featuring invasions for PvP, or a straight up Battle Royale, or even a fucking MMO in the vein of RS07. as it is there is no path of progression, no way to show off what you have earned. the PvP gameplay is fun but there is no reason to play, and the npc enemies are braindead so there is nothing alluring about PvE.

>Most likely they spent too much production time perfecting anything but gameplay.

100% guarantee you this happened. They just improved the graphics. It's astounding this game has literally not changed gameplaywise since alpha. It has the exact same content.

They are using what they learned with the graphics to combine with Turn 10's Forza engine to make open world games. It's already confirmed Microsoft has like 3 open world games being made. They used SoT to perfect their engine finesse. I expect a Breathe of the Wild style game from Microsoft in the near future and SoT water tech will absolutely be in it.

SoT is a $60 tech demo with multiplayer

Attached: sea_of_thieves_compass.png (1100x619, 676K)

>perfecting anything but gameplay.
NOW you hit the nail on the head he missed.
The dev team is, by my guess, all women similar to Hamburger Helper from Bioware, who are more interested in good-looking water and adding harmonicas and fruit reskins (no joke there are like 10 different kinds of fruit in this game, more than there are enemy types) than they are adding actual gameplay content.

Pic related is perfect evidence of what I mean. There are more "emotions" than there are weapon types and ship types combined.

All the effort into this game went into the art sector and cosmetics sector and marketing sector-- and they STILL managed to shit out ridiculously ugly-looking female characters.

Attached: 812bbc971287c3d85b25514c049962da.png (590x626, 697K)

That's true as well as the fact that DLC is completely normalized. BoTW did this, the game shipping without a hard mode is just painful to me.

Rare is a 100+ employee studio and it's pretty fucking nice looking. I highly doubt even 25% of them have been working on Sea of Thieves. They've moved on to new projects.

New projects we won't see for another 4 years that will just end up being utter shit. God modern Rare needs to just be absorbed by microshit or something. They are useless.

Attached: 1480527848329.jpg (445x372, 63K)

Microsoft is using them to build engine features. They know Rare is a garbage studio that can't make games, they are using them for engine coding at this point and trying to recoup cost by shitting out low grade twitch bait games.

Reminder that if you payed for this, you fucked up.

>If you've never used Game Pass before, however, there's an even more interesting offer: a free 14-day trial period.
>forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/03/19/how-to-play-sea-of-thieves-on-xbox-one-or-pc-for-10-or-for-free/#1cd7a5043085

It feels like the demo to a much bigger main game that this gameplay is intended to revolve around, but the big main game doesn't exist.

Actually the game already had a GOTY called Premium Edition. Then the Royal Edition came "out of nowhere" for the date of the PC version.

What really annoys me and kept me form playing is they actually change and patch the main single player experience through the years which both seems completely unnecessary and weird. Who will play through the game again every time they patch it?

Will this become like in multiplayer games where they invalidate previous content experience every time they release a major fix?

I've been staring at the map for half an hour. This fucking island is simply not in the game

Attached: halp.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

They probably just patch it for new players. who knows. I don't even bother with patching single player games since i play offline anyway

Minor correction:
>Reminder that if you downloaded this, you fucked up.

reminds me of no man's sky's multiplayer

>REEE THE WOMEN THAT COMPLETELY OPTIONAL TO PLAY AS ARE NOT 10/10 WAIFU BAIT THIS GAME IS HORSE SHIT

The incels are out in full force today

>incels
Reddit I see you're out in full force today
it's not about "10/10 waifu bait" they are just uniformly fucking ugly, no idea how anyone who isn't trolling can defend this

Attached: re.jpg (500x492, 90K)

>$0.50 has been transferred to your account

Attached: 1519358010169.png (232x266, 4K)

the game is horseshit for more than just the ugly women lmao.
>seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Ships
>seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Weapons
>seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Creatures#Enemies
2 ships.
4 weapons.
3 enemies.
It's fucking pathetic excuse for a video game.

>he thinks waifus are about looks

>Literally every video game does this.
a good video game would have found a way to mask this, taking the player out of immersion is a major flaw

>what is a launch bubble

Attached: (you).jpg (463x480, 23K)

im pretty sure the people who made Viva Pinata arnt at Rare anymore
after the Kinect debacle the entire studio is made up of interns now

el ogro de los 7 mares....

>creature that isnt supposed to be human looks Inhuman
>vs Humans that look Inhuman

>implying urbosa looks inhuman

kill yourself

yes that pirate game really looks like it went for the photorealistic graphic style.

Actualy, Gregg Mayles, who was game designer of Viva Piñata working on SOT

>its a artstyle so it cant be bad
neck yourself

Attached: Show-myself-out.jpg (614x410, 20K)