Why is this considered a powerful moment? it lasts like 5 seconds...

Why is this considered a powerful moment? it lasts like 5 seconds, only divides the boss in two halves and the voice acting is terrible.
Why does this get mentioned as a "kino" moment so often? Is it a meme?

Attached: Ludwig Moonlight.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Ludwig
youtu.be/ALbVEmzY5S4
youtube.com/watch?v=0iJ2O8IZh1A
youtu.be/5rAOyh7YmEc?t=35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're a meme.

Nice witty retort fromdrone, but care to explain why this gets praised? I was hyped for this fight and it was anticlimactic and this cutscene was lame.

You're lame.

Because Meme Sword of Memelight.

Fromdrones, everyone.

Memes.

It’s becauae of the music right after the cutscene pcbro

Aah, you were at my side all along.

My guiding moonlight ~

I'm not massively into the lore but seeing a former warrior trying to regain one last moment of glory was pretty cool.

It's a bit like Gollum in LOTR.

Because the moonlight greatsword was missing from the main game and the way they introduce it is as the weapon used by what you thought was a generic beast boss, and the boss fight completely changes. If you can't see how that's cool there's no hope for you

It is Kino because simply looking at the blade made Ludwig regain a bit of his humanity back, at the first phase he is just a monster, attacking without any kind of pattern and being one, if not the most gruesome boss in the game.

After he looks at it, he remembers his days past when he was a hunter of the church, the sword made him remember it even though his brain and body suffered terrible mutations because of the tainted blood.

In the second phase he is a lot different, he walks upstraight and attacks with the blade just like he did when he was still a hunter.

Attached: just.png (645x773, 5K)

it was the kinoest you swine.
*music goes silent as the memeblade gets revealed* *bliing* O VENATOR
and then at the end
PERIT SANGUINEEE OPULEEEEEENTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM *funny horse noise as he hides the unsightly part of his face with the shining blade* *the middle of the song reaches the highest pitch*

Don't try to explain it to this brainlet. The game didn't directly tell him to his face that's what happened so he'll never be able to comprehend it.

>Sif's motif starts playing

Imagine being this pretentious with your dumb le lovecraftian toys

Context

1) You could see the sword on him in the first stage
2) Ludwig is the first hunter, this is him regaining his sanity
3) The boss fight in the first stage is incredible gruesome and difficult, making it to this phase is a reward in of itself.
4) Introduces the Moon Light Blade, the most iconic Blade in any Fromsoft game, suitable weapon for the first hunter.
5) After he uses the Blade, the fight completely changes, he is much more human like and attacks with intelligence, him clinging onto his last bit of humanity despite being mutated into a horrifying beast.

So many thematic trends converge into this one moment, its stands out in so many peoples minds because of which.

>first hunter
he's the first CHURCH hunter, and even this isn't sure

Gehrman is the first hunter.

Ludwig is the first CHURCH Hunter. The First Hunter was Gehrman.

This

Also read this, OP: bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Ludwig

I read paleblood hunt and loved it, what else should I read if I'm interested in bloodborne lore?

What a retard.

Says the fromdrone

You're forgetting one of other important parts.
The OST change.
youtu.be/ALbVEmzY5S4
Entire thing was pure kino, I remember months before dlc everyone just doing lore-hunting and usual shit. Then DLC hits, and you see who you are fighting the guy hyped to be one of Church's best fucking hunter and you see the state he is in, how much things changed and then music changes.

>voice acting is terrible
explain

Imagine making a thread because you can't comprehend a dumb game

t. brainlet

What is there to comprehend? they use old blood to gain strength but that turns them into beasts, the more powerful the hunter the scarier the beast, you find a former hunter and he's a horrible beast but then he regains some humanity because of his ebin meme sword
what is there to comprehend?

>Kino
You're using a meme term to describe something I'll let you figure out the rest.

stop embarrassing yourself bro, please

I love the Souls games but I didn't find anything about that moment noteworthy, it was maybe a bit cheesy but that's it. I've no idea why people love it so much.

Yea, Ludwig was cool and all but the real star of the DLC was the Hamlet Befuddled Villager, his departing lines were pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=0iJ2O8IZh1A

How very nice of you to remove all context and everything else that led to what happened in the game. You may as well just read a paragraph summary of everything else media you're going to consume if you think like this.

He is like...lovecraftian...looks like an aborted cow fetus...so deep...Blood...goty...

lmao so no argument on why it's so powerful other than it made you cry? I just explained the lore in a nutshell, something you brainlets can't even begin to conceive.

Not him, but I comprehend it but still found that it was nothing special or interesting. What now, fag?

Never mentioned Lovecraft, just that you're too stupid to pick up on subtle storytelling. Not my fault you're a brainlet.

video game cutscenes women will NEVER understand

Good for you.

>video game cutscenes (((white men))) think are DEEP

>Even in this darkest of nights, I see... the moonlight...

Attached: 1508901080215.jpg (500x373, 27K)

It was both the solidification of the reveal of what many fans of the series consider to be a recurring fan favorite, and it was one of the more coherent moments in a game filled with a lot of nonsensical “throw it at the wall and see what sticks” Engrishy shit, or some say shitsm

The Beast falls, sees his glowing sword, reverts back to himself when he wasn't a slavering mindless beast and duels with you.

Not to mention the sword has been a fromsoft staple and to see it used so effectively for Bloodborne.

Also the music is incredible the entire boss fight from Accursed to Interlude to Holy Blade

>subtle storytelling
find blood
blood good
master says just blood not good
I say master wrong so I leave and start blood church
use blood
blood good but scourge of the beast starts just like where we found blood
create hunters to kill beasts
hunters need blood to kill beasts so when hunters go beast they worse beast than normal beast
need stronger hunters to kill hunters
create hunter of hunter along with original hunter
goes awry so I bomb entire thing
scourge is no longer secret so we openly hunt while give blood
one of those faggots turns into such bad beast he turns out inside hunter's nightmare
find him he beast
fight him he human
le epic deep subtle storytelling nobody but you could get

There's a lot of context that goes into that scene. In all instances up until that point it's been understood that once you lost your sanity to Beasthood it never comes back. Ludwig at that point was basically Artorias, a legendary figure who'd already fallen by the time you encountered him. So you basically fought him as any other beast. At least until he saw the MGS. Which is the only time in the entire game someone had come back after falling to beasthood. In BB's version of hell no less. At the point you're basically fighting Ludwig as he was when he was human, somewhat anyway. The music is less chaotic and now focused, loud, and triumphant. The curse has been removed from his name and he has his proper title again.

The only example I can think of is if you fought Gwyn at the end of the game only to have him go back to full power (or I guess more like half power) halfway through the fight. It basically validated everyone who saw that plot threads about his character throughout the base game. Ludwig really was that good in his prime and you're rewarded with a cool sword and an explanation for his actions afterward.

It isn't something that can be explained to someone who didn't play the game because again it's about validating the people who actually did look at all the items and things related to him before they even saw him.

But where do ancient aliens fit in this?

It’s not blindly esoteric
It’s a moment where you can actually for the most part understand what’s going on without having to piece together theories from the item descriptions of a pile of socks you found in a hidden area that may just be a pile of socks but WHO KNOWS maybe it’s also about the first hunter??? That’s just a theory, a prepare to cry theory susbcripe to my patron for more baseless assumption

>find blood

>the most iconic Blade in any Fromsoft game

Bloodborne was my first fromsoft game, I didn't know the moonlight greatsword was even a thing, and this was still the best moment in the game. I agree with all of your points though.

>le le le
You're so witty. Epic meme! XD

How is it subtle again?
Oh right you need to read item descriptions

Because you can actually explain it unlike almost literally everything else in Bloodborne
That along gives it merit amongst the community who insists that the game(s) are more than just really fun gameplay experiences with laughably retarded storytelling

accurate and hilarious
i say this as someone who fucking loves bloodborne

Attached: 1432423296091.png (531x572, 214K)

Its the natural evolution of the Ornstein and Smough mid-fight cutscene.

Except Ludwig is a fabled character in the lore that you never actually encounter until now. Imagine if Artorias had a cutscene halfway through the fight where he regains himself and fights incredibly dignified and knight-like, but clearly still fucked up beyond repair.

Attached: 1454685180727.jpg (1200x1855, 2.3M)

Oh also I completely forgot the fact that the Moonlight Sword wasn't in the game, so the fact that you and Ludwig both see it at the same time is literal Kino.

I like the tragic bosses like Gascoigne, Amelia, Ludwig, etc. The best one has to be Orphan though because he wasn't a human at all at one point, but still had strong a strong sense of emotion.

Which ones do you like, and why?

Attached: bloodborne-part-3-guide.jpg (640x480, 44K)

If you have been paying any attention (not even lore hunting, just casually reading items and listening to people) will let you know at least that Ludwig was the leader of the church hunters, a honorable man that never returned from his last hunt. You might just assume he died or that he became just another cleric beast as it happen to Laurence and Amelia.
But them you find him in the nightmare...Called Ludwig the accursed, a terribly warped beast even for the game's standards that is in obvious pain, dwelling on a river of blood surrounded by piles of corpses that could well be the representation of those he had to kill in his quest to rid the world of the beastly scourge.

The fight starts, Ludwig screams and flails and charges just like a beast, no sign of the man he once was, what is left of his human face completely darkened and with dead eyes.
The fight progresses and at some point this fight, this battle against a hunter, starts to awaken something inside him to the point the sword on his back transforms and fall at his side when the hunter brings him down. The light of the sword slowly starts to illuminate the human side of his face while obscuring the beastly part, his speech returns. The fight reawakens the spirit and pride of this warrior, he struggles to stand up straight, fighting against his own deformed body and holds his sword to cover the beast side of his face. The fight starts again but now Ludwig stands up straight and proud, wielding his sword and his name restored, now he is what he was: Ludwig the holy blade.

After the fight you can talk to him and you find out that although he is still deformed his spirit is returned, your fight brought this man back from beasthood and allowed him to at least die with a human heart.

all that summed up with the amazing music makes this trully a amazing fight.

Attached: ludwig_the_holy_blade_by_mobiusu14-d9o6cgd.jpg (1024x571, 132K)

It was the mere fact that the first phase of Ludwig can fuck your shit up in an instant, and he became a wall for many, many players. The moment you get him down to half health and discover that he has a second phase is a big "OH SHIT" moment to the player.
It's also due to this being the first appearance of the Moonlight Greatsword in Bloodborne, a weapon that had been previously missing. It's generally a pretty important weapon to people that got invested into Fromsoft/Souls series.

Attached: 1462298989119.png (708x2163, 2.03M)

>Ludwig regains his sanity
>Still tries to kill you
What an asshole

>Ludwig, Gehrmen, Maria
Who were other Old Hunters of that time?

Ludwig came way later than Maria and Gehrman.
By the point Ludwig enters the lore the Church hunted out in the open, they used to do it in subterfuge, to keep the scourge at bay.

Ludwig because there was a line of logic to his actions, he just went about it the wrong way. He was all for arming the citizens to create a Church army against the ever increasing Beasts. And that's good and it made him a hero. But he went wrong when he started intentionally turning himself into a Beast to fight the bigger monsters. I get it. Being a beast makes you stronger which makes you more powerful to fight stronger beasts. But you yourself watched how many hunters fell to that exact line of thinking. I think the game accounts for this by acknowledging the Moonlight Greatsword made him fearless so he probably thought himself invincible just before he fell. Even as everyone in the Church called him retarded for doing that.

Brador who's job was to keep Bergenwerth's dirty secrets. For you he only attacks when you discover what Bergenwerth did to the Fishing Hamlet.

Brador was a church assassin. Willem was all about fearing the blood and eyes on the inside and shit, he never really did anyhting shady that we know of.

Oh fuck user thanks for reminding me I've got to finish my current run and start a new one with either Brador's Set or the Bloodletter

Djura, as he was involved in the burning of old yharnam hat led to the open beast hunts.

The Madaras twins

Name one Prominent Hunter in BB that's not cool.

You can't

Djura was part of the powder kegs though

The sack of the Fishing Hamlet was pre-establishment of the Healing Church. The guy at the entrance specifically cites Bergenwerth as the one to be cursed, not the Healing Church. Yes I know Laurence started with the Healing Church but we don't know if he had the clout to order the destruction of an entire village while still under Willem's wing

I guess Lawrence was important enough to cause a schism between the School and the Church when he left. He also had enough clout to take Gehrman and Micolash with him.

What I am saying is Brador most likely came to play much later, on Lawrence' side. He doesn't work for Byrgenworth.

not sure if this is just bad boring bait or a genuine retard but it certainly still proves that you simply need to have an X amount of intelligence and empathy to be able to appreciate art

fishing hamlet was Willem's thing.
Laurence was about the blood, Willem was trying to ascend through eyes so he poked inside the villager's skulls to find them.

Most likely the whole fishing hamlet thing helped Laurence's faction gain strength on so many leaving with him, including the most of the hunters involved with the village like Maria and Gehrman.

So the Research Hall and Cathedral are split in the nightmare but are joined when you go higher up

Does that mean the Research Hall was once part of the Cathedral in Regular Yharnam? I recently think the Altar of Despair that houses Ebrietas is a torn down ruined part of what the Research Hall once was.

>Willem was trying to ascend through eyes so he poked inside the villager's skulls to find them.
I guess that makes more sense. Lawrence probably still had a lot of hand on this incident thouh, fucking Lawrence can't do anything right.

this

>fucking Lawrence can't do anything right.
At least he has the best theme song

youtu.be/5rAOyh7YmEc?t=35s

the Powder Kegs were old hunters too, you find some of their shit in the nightmare

The research hall is a attached building to the cathedral with the astral clock-tower at the top. You can see the clock-tower in the main game though you can access it.

Attached: astral clocktower.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

Forgot to mention this OP

Pay attention to the song, the first half is out of sync, you can't figure out a rithm and it just sounds distorted.

Second half is glorious, it shows his state of mind, the pride of being a hunter purging beasts.

Attached: 1501245154474.png (454x809, 441K)

Honestly I never skipped the cutscene, because then the music synched perfectly.

LORE, Moonlight, Ludwig, dialogue, the battle and the OST change.

>tfw Ludwig's Sword is better than the Moonlight Sword

Fuck, I loved its design but by the end the Ludwig hunter's blade was so much better.

I know but I have a theory the Altar is in fact a ruined version of the Research Hall.
And even if I'm wrong oh well.

I just fucking love the locations in this game.
Part of the fun in playing more than once is seeing where everything fucking connects.

Like the bridge to Gascoigne, you can see Old Yharnam leading down to the Church of the Good Chalice. I never knew the ceiling of that church is just gone.

Or the place in Old Yharnam with the crows, you can spot Darkbeast Paarls lair and the hole from the Hypogeon Gaol

>>tfw Ludwig's Sword is better than the Moonlight Sword
Its not. What makes you think that scrub? Did ludwigs do more damage for you? Thats probably cause you had shit blood gems on your weapons.

>I didn't care for this moment so you have to expalin to me why so many people think it's good
If you didn't feel anything when playing and experiencing it, no amount of written word by anonymous internet users will change your mind or make you experience those feelings. You missed it. You are not trying to make you understand or change your mind, you are just trying to make them feel bad for liking it to legitimize your point of view. Your thread is pointless.

Attached: contemplativegrape.jpg (111x125, 3K)

I've been thinking about it and I believe that aside from the nightmare maps, lecture building and cainhurst you can walk to all other areas of the game without a loading screen.

Central Yharnam - connect to Cathedral ward through oedeon chapel. Forbidden woods through the secret passage around Iosefka's clinic and Iosefka's clinic itself by opening its back door.

Cathedral Ward - Connected to Old Yharnam through the secret passage near alfred. Connected to Upper Cathedral Ward and Hunter's workshop through the elevator in odeon chapel. Connected to Hemwick by going left at the cathedral and to Unseen village through the hidden chapel going to the right. Connected to Forbidden woods through the passworded door near the cemetery.

Old Yharnam - Connected to the hidden village through the cemetery of the dark beast.

Forbidden Woods - Connected to Byrgenwerth throught the door after the shadows fight.

Byrgenwerth - Connected to the moonside lake through the Balcony.

So you can walk from anywhere to anywhere in the game aside from cainhurst and nightmares (and chalices) without having to see a single loading screen

Attached: 1381219736027.gif (403x234, 1.99M)

The only hard stop to your walk around Yharnam is Moonside Lake itself.

Got a fly guy to drop in there once, I've no idea how he got in there

It's one of those things that only Souls spergs enjoy. Just like the 'story' of these games that they read about online, pieced together by other even bigger spergs from reading countless item descriptions and valiantly trying to decode the meaning of the jilted, awkward sounding engrish that the NPCs speak.

Nobody who isn't a total sperg playing these games will ever have any idea what the fuck is going on in terms of plot and will have learned to ignore the bizarre, purposefully cryptic shit that the characters spout off and expect you to know what the fuck they're on about.

tl;dr blame Soulsbourne autists for being arguably the most obnoxious fandom in modern gaming

>engrish
The NPCs actually speak English well in the games. You're full of shit.

We can tell you haven't played a single souls game, brainlet. Have some soylent and calm down, I caught a glimpse of toxic masculinity in your post and you don't want yout twitter friends to find out.

Attached: fagsunny.gif (375x250, 2.87M)

get fucked OP

>it didn't appeal to me specifically, therefore only spergs like it
That's really, really fucking stupid of you to say.

Jesus whoever wrote that article needs to be banned from touching a keyboard ever again.

>But he went wrong when he started intentionally turning himself into a Beast to fight the bigger monsters
But this never happened. It's established in bloodborne that the harder you fight the beast blood corruption, the more horrific your transformation will be. There is literally nothing that even remotely suggest that ludwig ever attempted to gain strength for the hunt by turning himself into a beast. Where the hell did you get that idea?

>the voice acting is terrible

You'll get a reply, but not a (You)

>random words from a thesaurus jumbled together
>""""good"""""" English
Guess how I know you're an ESL?

Attached: yep.jpg (640x480, 55K)