STOP CALLING THESE "ARENA FIGHTERS"!!!

This game got shown and I see yet again people using the wrong genre label for this, and misrepresenting another of these fucking games.

youtube.com/watch?v=INY3eWsmUTE

That shit is NOT a fighting game, and quit calling it an "arena fighter", there is no such fucking thing. Those dbz games, naruto, dissidia, this shit here, the gundam games, ARMS, Absolver, they already have a genre: Beat em up Brawlers/Party Games

They are NOT fighting games. They do not play like fighters. They do not look like fighters. They are not cared about in the fighting game community. They are not at tournaments or seen as real skilled games. When someone goes to gamestop or checks steam for a fighting game, they are looking for a very specific type of game experience, and by telling them these are fighting games, you are being disingenuous and straight up fucking LYING to them. It would be like someone asking you what a good comedy flick is, and you go "Nightmare on Elm Street is a great comedy because Freddy cracks jokes sometimes". You fucking moron.

This screenshot is how this series would look if it were made into an actual fighting game, and don't you fucking forget it.

Attached: my hero.png (1152x648, 885K)

wait, you mean DBFZ isn't fighting game

Wait, is this limb-based combat guy?

It is, I forgot to mention that. It uses a proper camera perspective and controls and gameplay, making it a proper fighter. Budokai Tenkaichi, Raging Blast, and Xenoverse are not fighters, they're trash party games.

That background is awfully familiar

SUPERIOR

Meh imitator, but it'll still grab people.

These aren't Beat 'em Ups you fucking mongoloid

>party is a genre

Attached: tumblr_p5396xjlmK1u4yqfao1_raw.png (797x480, 210K)

Yeah just like the trolls who call these games "arena fighters" to sucker people who don't know better into buying them.

They're not fighting games you fucking idiot. And "arena fighter" is fucking made up, all fighting games take place in arenas, hence the stages.

>A game where people go to stages and fight each other
>Not a Fighting Game

Also Beat Em Ups are more like Final Fight or that TMNT game.
>Beat 'em up (also known as brawler) is a video game genre featuring hand-to-hand combat between the protagonist and an improbably large number of opponents.
I googled "beat em up" and that's the first thing that popped up. One's Justice doesn't really fit that mold, does it?

It's not a fighting game, but they're called arena fighters. It's just a name. Get over it.

It is though. If you can unlock from the opponent and walk around you are in a arena, fighting a guy. ie Arena Fighter.

By your troll logic, Nightmare on Elm Street is a comedy, not a horror movie, since Freddy tells jokes.

>It's not a fighting game, but they're called arena fighters

It's a made up name used by trolls to fool people and muddy the waters on what a fighting game really is.

"Arena fighting" is different from "fighting" like how "strategy RPG" is different from "action RPG"

It's more like the Scream movies, which are parodies, but still horror movies.

>If you can unlock from the opponent and walk around you are in a arena

That makes it not a fighting game. Fighting games require your character to always be facing the opponent unless your character is using a move that causes them to turn their back. No fighting game allows you to run all over the place.

No that's stupid. The main part of that series is the horror. The main part of this game is the fighting. I wonder what's classified as what. Also the website classifies it as "match action" which falls into the same umbrella as fighting action/arena action/arena fighters.

They're not traditional 2D fighting games, no one is trying to say that. They're Arena Fighters. You can't say that Skyrim isn't an RPG because it doesn't play like Civ IV.

All genre names are made up you retard.

By your reasoning all games are RPGs because you take a role to play in the game, hence "role playing games". Does that make sense to you? Because it shouldn't.

It's from Under Night

The one in OP does. Stop being autistic

The one in OP isn't a fucking fighting game, you fucking troll.

See

They're called "Arena Fighters" because they're basically fighting games that take place in a 3D environment, unlike other fighting games which are primarily 2D. The closest thing to that would be stuff like Tekkan or Dragon Ball Z Budokai and those still keep you primarily in a 2D perspective, just allowing you to scoot into the background.
A "party" game that's also a fighting game would be something like Kirby Battle Royale, where fighting is mostly a supplement to the modes (answering questions, collecting apples/gems) outside of Battle Royale mode. Smash is an in-between as it encourages the usage of items and stage hazards, but has options for more "pure" experiences (less so the stages, but even Sm4sh introduced Omega variants, which were a step in the right direction).

Power rank the UNI stages

Yo this looks like it sucks.

>They do not play like fighters
They do. They have every core concept that fighters have just applied differently.

> They do not look like fighters
At a glance they don't, but that's due to how different they usually are.

>They are not cared about in the fighting game community
In the west, but that's because there's yet to be a truly popular game. Closest would be ARMS and Pokken at this point in time.

>They are not at tournaments or seen as real skilled games
It's one of the most competitive arcade games in the whole of Asia, tied with or even beating Tekken. We just don't see it because it's not popular in the west.

Arena refers to the full 360 movement they have.

Movement has you turning your back to the opponent, but attacking always has you facing towards them. Gundam even punishes you for not properly aligning yourself before your shoot the enemy (vernier).

Japs call the gundam games arena fighters

Tekken is full fucking 3d, it isn't 2d. It uses a sidescrolling camera because otherwise you get shit gameplay like these arena party games where you can't tell wtf is going on, and have simple ass inputs and gameplay made for idiots. No mid, high low mixups or anything, just mindless button mashing and super spam.

It has two players fighting each other though. Looks like a fighting game to me. Next you'll try telling Smash isn't a fighting game.

>They do. They have every core concept that fighters have just applied differently.

Name an arena "fighter" with high mid low attacks and blocking systems like Tekken and other true 3d fighters.

Stop calling yourself a man when all you’ve got is a big wet pussy

It's 2D because that's the primary perspective it plays at. At best, it's 2.5D, but the 3D aspect doesn't come into play as often because, again, it's primarily a 2D interface.
As for 3D fighters, they probably have more to do with positioning and movement than 2D fighters which are more about which types of attacks you do.

if tekken was "full fucking 3d" then it would have full 360 movement

So doing a 1v1 in a moba makes it a fighting game too, since its two players fighting each other. Guess league of legends is a fighter now.

Highrise > Everything else
Training Room is the netplay gods have mercy on us stage so that gets a special mention

Attached: 15010700.jpg (800x1128, 102K)

No, because those games are primarily MOBAs, you don't have to fight anyone to win. Things like OP are primarily fighting games, you have to fight to win.

Dissidia

Attached: HD.png (703x517, 318K)

Old School Building is the best. Retards pick the rest

Are you actually retarded?

>Beat em up Brawlers
You have no idea what this means

>No, because those games are primarily MOBAs, you don't have to fight anyone to win.

Explain in detail how I win a game as Zed in LoL without fighting anyone.

By the game's rules. You only have to destroy towers, inhibs, and the nexus through one lane to win. Hop into a custom where it's just you, fight through mid and tell me whether or not you see "VICTORY" at the end.

Not him, but it absolutely does for Virtua Fighter. It got toned down from VF3, but it's still there with the linear/circular attack concept.

>Hop into a custom where it's just you, fight through mid and tell me whether or not you see "VICTORY" at the end.
>hop into a custom

How about a real game?

Patrician
Plebian
Honorable mention to Momiji Alley

Attached: DFHEpTSVwAEjfoC.jpg_large.jpg (1400x1200, 205K)

>
>Goal post's new position

You said "how do I win a game", that's you how you do it. If you can convince everyone in a 5v5 to do the same then you could have a match where no one actually fights each other. At the end of the day, according to the victory objectives you don't actually have to fight anyone.

>Beat em up Brawlers/Party Games
That is completely wrong too.

>complains about accuracy in describing games
>but randomly calls the other games "beat em ups" (they're not) and """party games""" (very vague, non descriptive definition)

brawler/arena fighter would actually be a better word for some of these games. better than what you used anyway.

Attached: 1500463418211.jpg (299x380, 30K)

It doesn't have to "look" like a fighter or to be loved by the fgc. If the focus is fighting an opponent, especially an opponent with roughly equal options, rather than a level or swarm of enemies, it's a fighter. "Arena" is used to disambiguate the type of fighter, so if you don't like games like this you can say you don't like "arena fighters". You may not like it, but that's the consensus of the linguo

>brawler/arena fighter would actually be a better word for some of these games. better than what you used anyway.

Better word for these games would be SHIT

Virtua fighter and pokken aren't fighting games?

Oh you didn't hear, they're beat em up party games now

>Virtua fighter

What the fuck are you talking about? Because it has ringouts? That's rare unless you just totally lost the neutral/don't know how to play.

No, it has 3D movement so it's not a fighter anymore

it has digital controls and the same camera/reference frame, it definitely is

gundam and stuff, I don't think you can say that's in the same genre because nothing carries over, but I don't care about autism like that (I play both smash and fighters)

Same here, we're just fucking around with OP

Nah Gundam is absolutely a fighter. One more focused on neutral and movement, but still counts.

They're not a traditional fighting game, but they are most certainly not "beat-em-ups" and I would kick you in the balls for suggesting such a thing. Beat-em-ups have levels and multiple enemies, an exclusive 1 on 1 fighter with matches and such is not a fucking beat em up. It may not be a fighting game but I forbid you from calling it a beat em up.

I've been calling them arena brawlers, does that count?

Where does people like OP come out of the woodwork to shitpost what they have to say about fighting games? The same place the "dark souls isn't a jrpg" crowd comes from I guess.

>It may not be a fighting game but I forbid you from calling it a beat em up.

Ok from now on I'm gonna call fighting games "Rape Simulators" since that is pretty much what they look like when sonic fox plays against someone

Party game is made up too

Every genre is a made up name you retard.

What cause he gets raped

This looks nice, but I hope there's a way to turn off the comic onomatopoeia

Nigga all fighting games are party games

It adds to the game tho. Plus it's the best way to work in the status messages that fighters have in a way that makes sense and is clearly visible

How come Bleach didn't get a game this good...

Is Melty Blood a pinnacle of fighting games?

yes

Attached: 1492235056974.jpg (598x606, 74K)

No, UNI[st] is though