3DS thread

How come it's selling so well?

What games are you planning to get?

Alliance Alive and Detective Pikachu are coming

Attached: new-nintendo-2ds-xl.png (482x398, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>482x398
Strange Journey here. Detective Pikachu looks kinda boring and I'm a huge mystery VN fag.

Planning to get a 3ds + Pokémon US/UM to my little sister for her upcoming birthday, I'm worried about how people are saying there is like an hour of introduction though.

honestly debating getting a new 2ds xl for smt4, apocalypse and strange journey redux

Planning on getting The Alliance Alive.
Playing USUM and EOV.

Attached: the-alliance-alive-boxart.jpg (1000x915, 259K)

Yeah but I'm still gonna grab it

Can't wait for Alliance Alive

I need my JRPG fix

But it's not selling that well. It has yet to even outsell the Game Boy Advance.

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/

Considering the strong increase of mobiles and tablets, it's pretty good

>3DS

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 5.51.53 PM.png (281x405, 199K)

Luigi Mansion remake will be so comfy

how big of a difference is the 2ds vs new 2ds xl? is it worth the 50 bucks extra?

>How come it's selling so well?
Cheap, CFW gives people the things they actually want themes and piracy, nobody cares about region unlocking when you can have the games for free, supported. Switch owners who are new to Nintendo crave a fix, and old Nintendo fans are eager to spend money. Gigantic, varied library and virtual console.
tl;dr It's the new golden age PSP

>What games are you planning to get?
For me it's warioware

Get a 3DS XL instead, it has 3d hentai that goes out of the screen

WHat happened to the Vita?

The N2DSXL has been widely received as the most attractive and comfortable 3DS ever released
If you buy the 2DS, you'll regret it until you buy the new one, and then you'll regret buying the old one.

*farts*

Haha

Post collections

Also plan on getting Alliance Alive Day one, going to hold off Detective Pikachu.

Attached: IMG_0916.jpg (2816x2112, 3.56M)

Haha

I've seen bookcases full of jap imports still in the shrinkwrap but your pic made me feel giddy.
Does Art Academy actually give you a good understanding of drawing? I can't help but feel like I'm a cocksucking brainlet because I can't draw.

anyone using the CFW overclock feature? does it affect anything in any game`?

Attached: baba.webm (202x360, 489K)

Nice collection

you do realise you can cfw the 3ds right?

all that pain in the ass cart swapping and money wasted...

Even Sony of Japan stopped supporting the system, western Sony dropped the support as early as 2013.

What was the last time they developed something exclusively for it? 2014 (Oreshika and Freedom Wars)?

Thinking about getting a 2DS XL, any reasons to not go with that model? Is it easy to pirate games for the 3DS, like with an R4 card or something similar?

I suck at drawing, and after playing both Art Academies, I still suck at it. You have to have a molecule of talent to be able to draw good. I assume AA helps those with that talent to build up their skills.

>CFW fag
Imagine all those games pointing and laughing at you.

I got one and its perfect

you need r4gold, magnet and couple of sd cards

the process is really easy if you follow the guide and it takes less than hour to do

Radiant Historia and SMT Strange Journey. I played the demo for Radiant Historia and was hooked. It reminded reminded me of Chronotrigger.

anyone in the uk got a physical version of radiant historia perfect chronology?

Yeah, Radiant Historia is great

I recently started collecting for my 3DS again. I only had about 7 games until about 2 months ago. I wish I would have played Kid Icarus earlier, game is fantastic. I'm enjoying Animal Crossing and MH Gen quite a bit as well.
I'm looking forward to Detective Pikachu, Alliance Alive, Luigi's Mansion and Strange Journey. But I've built up this backlog so quick with trades and deals that I'm not sure I should pick them up right away.
I got rid of Sonic Racing though, didn't realize how bad the port was.

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (1080x608, 109K)

Thanks! What are your favorite 3DS games?

Attached: IMG_20180320_130356.jpg (1265x949, 271K)

I need to get Luigi Mansion Dark Moon

Reminder to CFW your 3DS today

Attached: 1521562886761.png (1080x1440, 3.22M)

My copy is still sealed, but I played it years ago when it came out and it was a lot of fun. The level based structure might annoy you if you were a big fan of the original

n2ds looks gorgeous but i genuinely feel im losing something if i dont buy the n3ds, even when old3ds 3d sucks ass

The N2DSXL has all the perks of the New 3DS systems like the second analog nipple and exclusive games like Xenoblade 3D and the SNES VC. The clamshell design is also pretty fucking good for portability and keeping the screens protected. Unless you're really strapped for cash, don't bother with the 2DS unless you just want it to collect

Haha classic Wario

Yeah, New 3DS is great

the 3ds pokemons are shit so not those

monhun 4u or bravely default maybe

Cheap console with cheap games.

The reason why Switch cant replace it and the reason it will be kept on life support till Ninty makes a proper replacement.

Can't wait for Warioware Gold

Attached: 1520643498528.jpg (659x400, 25K)

I'm most excited for wario ware and sushi striker.

Other than that I still have to play through the two Etrian Untolds and then dragon quest 8. I stopped smt iv:A after 20 hours in so I might pick it back up but I just got bored of it

I'm regretting buying a Switch a little bit even though there's stuff I've enjoyed and stuff I'm interested in. I hate that nearly everything on the system is full fucking price. I don't want to spend 60 bucks for a handheld game.
What is Sushi Striker really? Is it something like puzzle quest? I couldn't really tell from the trailer.

I hope that Zelda Link Awakening remake is true

Bump

All I keep replaying is 3D Land and Samus Returns

Samus Returns was great

Pic related. I had $120 to spare, (tax) I saw this, looked cool now first handheld since the original DS LITE. I dont even like Pokemon that much

Attached: IMG_20180320_163700.jpg (3264x1840, 1.05M)

I want the SNES XL one

Thats the 3DS XL, its around $200 in my country

I just want to play Dragon Quest 8 with english voices, orchestral music and decensored outfits! I can't find a damn cia that isn't european and I don't feel like rebuilding the game. Why is it so hard to find a US cia for the game with the patches?

Holy shit, same here. I really want to play the game but I want the orchestral music and English voices. Also US.

i had a copy of that but then lost the cart!

Attached: 1501352924945.jpg (505x670, 53K)

Speaking of DQ, is there any news of DQXI's 3DS one getting localized? It looked interesting.

Bump

How good is The Alliance Alive?

Any essential EO in the 3DS?

How the hell have people been playing it? I like the Japanese dub, but goddamn I just want the english voice acting with the orchestra. The midi soundtrack just isn't on par. I think I may have found one, but chances are it's gonna give me trouble when it tries to overwrite extdata to the sd card even with lumalocale changer and game patching enabled. It's driving me nuts and I'll evenually give up and continue playing it with the Japanese dub.

It'll come to us eventually I'm sure. Damn localization teams are slow as shit.

>How good is The Alliance Alive?
Waiting to get it physical, non-EOPs have spoke highly of it.

>Any essential EO in the 3DS?
EOU. Many overlook it but it's actually got the best pacing, dungeons, and bosses from any EO game. Most retro I feel as well. If you're a fan you'll want all of them though.

i did it (i got soul hackers instead of SMT4A though)
also waiting for SJ redux

I plan on pirating the luigi's mansion remake, but I actually want to buy the new warioware, just to show nintendo that people still want wario in their lives. gotta vote with my wallet, and I haven't paid for a 3DS game in like 2 years

It has a top notch library, I'm waiting until it drops below 130€ (Sale or smth.).

Name me your top 3 N3DS games.

Attached: 1520630483980.png (480x593, 366K)

I need a game to play, recommend me any 3DS game.

Attached: 1492042618302.gif (200x200, 9K)

Where

My man.
I'm mapping 30F in EOV before TAA hits.

Kirby Robobot

twitter.com/DGW666
Just keep scrolling down for more

I already played that and triple deluxe.

>Stealing games
No thanks

How is the 3ds version of Virtue's Last Reward? I've heard it's really buggy

Ever Oasis?

I got a 3ds 2 weeks ago and only got 7 games

Why did you take all the carts out? I can't read that shit.

I played it on release, esna a cute.

>Being a phoneposter or blind

Attached: 1521215417696.jpg (632x479, 36K)

Warioware
Luigis mansion maybe
BiS remake.

The n3dsxl is slowly becoming my favorite handheld ever, now that i have access to the entire gba/ds/snes/3ds libraries (thank lord for cfw's and hacking), also it's great to see a backlog filled with dungeon crawlers and jrpgs, can't wait for alliance alive too

I'd probably have FE:Echoes if I felt like buying it. I might have had Xenoblade if it weren't high priced right now.

Attached: mah3ds.jpg (3120x3120, 1.37M)

I hope the BiS remake gets released on sept 14 2019, since that will be the 10th anniversary.

But it's more likely it'll be released in March sometime since that's the 10th anniversary of the japanese release.

What are the essential games for a 3DS owner?

Try using your eyes. That should make it easier.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Pokemon Sun/Moon, ocarina of time, majoras mask, smash bros 4, mario 3d land and animal crossing new leaf

Which 3ds model do y'all have?

A Link Between Worlds, too.

Ranked (incomplete)

Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing
M&L Dream Team
Link Between Worlds
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
MK7
SM3DL
M&L Paper Jam
M&L SS DX
Super Smash Bros
Kirby planet robobot
Rhythm Thief and the emperors treasure
Stretchmo
Pushmo
Etrian Odyssey(s)
OoT 3d
MM 3d
3D classics kid icarus
Mario and donkey kong minis on the move
-- feel free to stop at this point--
NSMB2
Yoshis new island

So what is your favorite 3DS game user? for me it is MH4U.

Attached: 1472103832416.png (578x507, 323K)

>Etrian Odyssey(s)
Which one(s)?

I got IV, but they have different pros and cons. I chose IV because of the overworld.
They all have like 2 hour long demos so.

this shit any good?

Attached: 91U0Gov6-vL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1372, 520K)

original 3ds black/grey...though I very poorly applied some pikachu stickers I bought off ebay on it

Attached: i suck at applying stickers.jpg (541x960, 65K)

>What games are you planning to get?
The Luigi's Mansion port, Fire Emblem: Echoes and the rest of Fire Emblem: Fates via .cias of course.

>this shit any good?
Not just any good, it is very good, there is a ton of customization, the OST is great the story is kinda meh but there is some nice plot twists and the graphics are nice for a 3DS game.

If you like custom robo you should play this, is not the same but is similar enough.

If not counting remakes, I'd say pokemon moon.

Ye

What are the best 3DS retail games to have digitally?

>Mario Kart 7
>Animal Crossing
>Super Smash Bros
>

ok cool thanks

Call me stupid, but what's the difference between the New 3DS XL and the New 2DS XL?