This kills Sup Forums

This kills Sup Forums

Attached: weeeeeb.jpg (692x477, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VMro8GgW42s
gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-to-be-bolstered-by-new-cd-projekt-s/1100-6457544/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The competition isn't exactly inspiring. Western RPGs have been utter shit for the last decade at best. Sadly The Witcher 3 is better than most other successful modern western RPGs despite its mediocrity.

What else would it be?

>...at less than 3k units sold

*inhales*

As opposed to what?

Wrong, it's Skyrim

skyrim
it's shit n all but thats mainstream vidya for ya

*exhales*

*uninhales*

>fantastic game is loved by everyone
wow what a shock

Mediocre by what standard though? It's a good game.

You mean exhale?

>The easternmost western RPG is the most popular one in the east.

Talk about shocking revelations.

Good game sells well. Is this really news?

>Game where a spechul snowflake mary sue protagonist fucks women does great in the land where spechul snowflake mary sue protagonists are king
Who could've guessed?

*deuninhales*

*reinhales*

It's pretty good, but I can never consider a game with shitty combat truly top tier.

>it's a good game
Not if you like combat systems.

*outhales*

*reuninhales*

maybe has something to do with it actually having a japanese voice over. Just like their chinese cartoons youtube.com/watch?v=VMro8GgW42s

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. I think its a bit repetitive though and doesn't gain enough by being open world. The Witcher senses detective sequences really hold your hand and the combat is clunky at best. I enjoy the quests though, its pretty well written. I appreciated how much detail and effort went into nearly every side quest after the initial tutorial zone. Its just lacking in a lot of fundamental areas. Its acclaim is a bit ridiculous all things considered but I can't really blame critics. Compared to whatever Bethesda is shitting out, its pretty incredible.

>Geralt
>Mary Sue
Prove it.

*exreinhales*

Will Sup Forums ever recover after seeing this?

Attached: oh nonoo.jpg (605x297, 75K)

>Restyled MC to be more attractive, exotically sexy, and relatable with love triangle that gets into wacky scenarios that far exceed his role, including having a cute not-daughter with time-space powers is the most popular WRPG in Japan
Whoa.

>eastern most

Slavs have less in common with Asians than most other western countries no. Poland was also pure as it gets, fighting back Huns, Mongols, and Turks never conquered by them.

So that excludes every single jrpg then?

*deexinhales*

Asians hate diversity, they would kill to live in a pure white land but them being there would ruin it.

are you fucking retarded? to be slavic is to be a mixture of asian and european dna

Turn based gets a pass. Don't be an action game if you're going to have bad combat. Baldur's Gate is great, if they made it a batman game then it would suck.

>turn based gets a pass
Maybe for you

Not all jrpgs are turn-based.

we lost Sup Forumsros, it's all over.

Attached: JUST.jpg (540x361, 77K)

Witcher 3 had fully voiced japanize localization.
Do many games do that?

>(Plus a few voice actors and pro gamers)
Result is tainted.

>calls a character like Geralt a Mary Sue
>doesn't even know there is a male equivalent to the term
that's how I know you're just spouting buzzwords without context, boyo

>I haven't played a JRPG since 1998.

>the most consolized trash in series
>japanese console plebs eat this shit
Who would of guessed!

>being this retarded

Central Slavs as in Poland, Czech republic, Western Ukraine, and Belarus have never been conquered by Asians.

Eastern Slavs such as Russians and Eastern Ukrainian were tributaries to the mongol empire, sort of like a vassel but instead of providing troops they provided money.

The only turly conqured "slavs" are balkans and they're not even really slavs, they just speak a similar language.

>the most consolized trash in series
that's not Witcher 2 though

>nips
>not having shit taste
Pick only one

>tfw every time I see a TW3 thread i'm reminded of that autist that spent over a year spamming anti TW3 for 14 hrs a day

Attached: 1318515351098.png (336x327, 122K)

Japanese should stick to making games.

>Poland, Western Ukraine, and Belarus
Pretty sure they were ruled by Russia for quite some time
>czech republic
They were ruled by the eternal H*bsburg, which is arguably even worse

I remember a character popularity poll from Famitsu where Geralt was the second most popular character.

Wasn't he some turkish autist?

I get reminded of the autists complaining about bullshots and threatening legal action over them LOL

Don't know but he sure was buttmad about the game being successful

that sounds exhausting and like a full time job, fucking hell.

are you implying western costumers have better taste?

Don't try to be an action game if you're going to suck at it.
I'm aware. But even shit like Tales series has better combat than witcher.
If I hadn't then that would have been a great year to stop.

I don't need to, the game itself shows you.

If anyone's the boyo here it's you, complaining about the gender of a conversation term. What's next? you're gonna start calling female masturbation "Jilling off"?

so hapas are slavs?

>try to play Horizon
>it's so rough around the edges it fucking hurts
>shit dialogue
>try to play AC Origins
>it's alright but too much quantity over quality
>feels a little unpolished
>force myself through it
>replay TW3
>shit's on point, instantly hooked again

why is Sup Forums always so fucking wrong?

Attached: 20180320151838_1.jpg (1366x768, 130K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as slavs, are in fact, ruthenians/eastern germanic descendants of kievan rus, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, east nordids.

Slavs are not a race unto itself, but rather another component of the ethnogenesis of the scandinavian norse germanic people from the migration of the peoples and onward, made historically relevant by the kievan rus settlements in Gardariki by the norsemen who traveled down the Volga and founded both Russia and Ukraine before being christianized by the byzantine empire.

Many eastern germanics speak the artifical glagolithic church language invented by the greek monk Cyrill, which is where the term cyrillics stems from. Before that, they spoke old norse and revered pagan germanic gods.

All the so-called "slavs" are really descendants of eastern germanics. There is objectively no argument to be made against this historical fact.

Thanks for reading, and please refer to them as "eastern germanics" next time you make a "slav" post.

I hear a lot of gaming journalism buzzwords and no real complaints.

Seeing the autists on Sup Forums like ACK just makes you consider them as not humans with human emotions and just some other beings like robots.

>most Popular Western RPG in Japan

Wow

Trump is the most popular US president with horrible hair inaugurated in 2017

>reee stop liking what i dislike

Attached: Marky Mark.gif (400x225, 1.52M)

Get ready lads, it's happening.

gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-to-be-bolstered-by-new-cd-projekt-s/1100-6457544/

Can't wait for another round of autists get completely BTFO by another CDPR masterpiece.

Why are Slavs so based?

Attached: 3365767-cyberpunk.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

You mean that for the general consensus on this board, right? Cause I don't give a shit what user#321475 thinks about open_world_game#1029398

I made complaints so I'm not really sure how to respond. Detective sequences are too simplistic for how often they're used as a major part of completing quests. The open world aspect of the game is not interesting enough for it to be necessary (considering how much effort they put into it). Due to the witcher sense segments, the quests tend to be very repetitive in terms of gameplay. The combat is a mess, I think anyone thinking clearly would at least agree with that one. Even if I did use a few buzzwords, I also explained myself. Does your brain turn off the minute you see lingo you recognize?

It figures that the only western RPG Japan ever took a liking to is barely an RPG.

Holy shit, i created this copy past like 3 years ago.

It was originally about Ukrainians don't exist and they're actually Russians.

Even if you don't think it's a good game because of its mediocre combat, garbage loot system and almost non-existent exploration and discovery because everything's already magically on the map, it's an excellent experience and journey if you get invested in it.

It always had a pretty strong following. The original game was originally fan translated. CD Projekt knows it and sent Japan a thank you message ith Geralt as a Ronin.

The whole vibe of the Witcher meshes more with Japan than your typical western rpg.

Attached: img_thanks.jpg (1314x948, 627K)

>Turn based gets a pass
No they dont, turn based combat instantly gives you 1/10 score.

>muh story
Read a fucking book for once, nerds

>Polish game
>Western

?????????????

>everything's already magically on the map
that's not true though. I get that most sidequests are initiated through contracts or your average quest giver, but a lot of them are out in the world wether you started them or not. Just a few minutes ago I stumbled upon the tracks of that cockatrice next to crow's perch without even setting foot near the quest givers.

I do blame the game for not giving us incentives to search around more. If you use the senses while roaming around I guarantee you'll find some shit

backtoint

Action games are my favourite but I'd rather turn based than a shitty action game like batman asscreed or witcher. Do it right or don't do it at all.

>The whole vibe of the Witcher meshes more with Japan than your typical western rpg.

A witcher is a monster hunter, how is that any more of a Japanese concept than it is western one?

And you do realize most every jrpg is heavily derivative of western fantasy fiction and rpgs?

>That one turboautist Biodrone who spammed threads here until he got exposed as a redditter and deleted his account
Lmao what a cuck

>Russia

Russian in itself is not an Asian country but does have alot of Asian citizens. The leadership of the country is almost complete made up of ethnic Muscovites which are some of the whites people in the world (90% blue eyed and blonde hair) Putin himself is obviously an ethnic muscovite.

So it's flawed logic to say being conquered by Russia is like being conquered by Asians.

not japanese = western

This seems a bit absurd. Have you ever played the mainline SMT games (particularly Nocturne)?

Turn based but very fast, complex at least by RPG combat standards, and allows for a good amount of variety and experimentation. Do you just not have the attention span for turn based? Why is it by default awful? Have you only played Final Fantasy or something?

Pretty sure skyrim is more popular with the modding scene and shit

except the orignal pasta was about Linux

Attached: Shiggy_Spada.png (429x408, 346K)

That's it, post your screenshots, faggots

Attached: The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2018.01.17 - 21.36.51.59.png (1366x768, 1.6M)

>Polish game is considered the best Western game

So basically the West is incapable of making the best of their own game.

How does that even happen?

Does Japan even give a fuck about mods? From my understanding they're mostly console gamers.

Huh so something finally surpassed Wizardy?

>Not Asian = Western
ftfy

>Some idiot did a shitty adaptation of my post and somehow he gets credit because it's more wide spread

>non-western game is the best western game

>Does Japan even give a fuck about mods.
Yes, the best loli mods for Skyrim are form Japan

Attached: 1384974519506.png (1920x1200, 3.91M)

>loved Witcher
>Loved Witcher 2.
>Loved Witcher 3.
>Loved the books as well.
My only regret is that I don't have a physical copy of Witcher 3.
Eat my dick.

Attached: 1402434006083.jpg (859x1060, 453K)

Attached: Ciri_butt.jpg (2560x1440, 2.88M)

except the Linux version was posted much longer than three years ago

Attached: 1503610962502.png (598x612, 312K)

Divinity: Original Sin 2

I really liked the books and I played all 3 games. But I consider them good not great. Or maybe great but not superb.

I experienced things like that as well and it's why the game is groundbreaking in terms of flexibility. I found some interesting things on some remote islands in Skellige. My complaint is more to do with the Ubisoft-tier worthless loot litter and all the other places of interest I would've preferred to find myself (which obviously requires that to be a design point from the start and won't work if you just >turn off the icons on the map, bro)

it's barely even an rpg. Most rpgs have player choice with gameplay, the witcher 3 doesn't. You use one weapon the entire game and fight a single way. Upgrading the different signs with the skill tree has barley any impact since the combat is already so simple. People talking about having different "builds" for the game is a complete joke. Also the game is super hand-holdy and every quest is follow the glowing line and go to the glowing circle on the map.
If you look at a game like skyrim you can go in and kill everyone with a variety of weapons, and/or a variety of magic, you can use bows, or you can use stealth. In the witcher 3, you can only play the game the single way that is made for you.

You can count on one hand how many western rpgs even came to japan in recent years, so yeah

I imagine a lot of those would be impossible to do, honestly. Most meaningful places you talk about are reserved for main quests and those can't be flexible unless you want a sterile piece of garbage like Breath of the Wild's divine beasts.

I imagine it was already hell at CDPR to account for all the different variables a player could achieve in sidequests (since some of them overlap). The game would never see the light of day if they tried to apply the same flexible approach to the main segments