Currently replaying this turd of a game and even though its obviously pretty horrendous, it really makes me thing

Currently replaying this turd of a game and even though its obviously pretty horrendous, it really makes me thing

Why does a "style" system even need to exist when its so obvious that even inside this franchise youve had multiple "style actions" in a one smooth control scheme. Sure the game is terrible and everything feels floaty and shitty but Dante still has wallruns, cool dodges and proto gunslinger moves

Attached: 1504587631097.png (766x768, 467K)

They style system was incorporated because the PS2 couldn't hold that many moves at once but now that it was incorporated and 'popular' capcom kept it and a lot of DMC pro players get pissy if you try to touch it.

I find it ineffective, too, but by god do people demand it.

>They style system was incorporated because the PS2 couldn't hold that many moves at once
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

Kamiya basically synthesized all the Styles into one control scheme in Bayonetta, bar three (royal guard, doppelganger and quicksilver equivalents) behind Accesorries, and nobody complained. It can work but people like Style Switching more even though it reduces you to about only 3-5 moves per weapon and the same inputs as each other.

DMC2 isn't something to take away from as having anything good about it

>Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

not him but memory limitations

I was gonna make a new thread but I might as well try here.
I'm currently on mission 11 in DMC3 and I feel like I'm not playing the game properly. I'm using only one style (trickster) and one weapons configuration (rebellion + nunchucks) and I find myself mostly just doing the same combo all over again, switching the two weapons, at most mixing it up with some launches. I am barely finding more depth in that than I did in DMC1 and it's not like I'm not enjoying the game, but it feels like I'm robbing myself from the real experience somehow, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It feels weird to me switching style and weapons between missions just for the sake of mixing it up, I'd much rather get good at a specific set, not to mention I invested time and orb into what I have already. I have definitely a long way to go in the way of battle efficiency and damage taken, but I don't feel like I have too too many combat options at any given time.

Attached: 1507509531579.jpg (368x259, 59K)

>but I don't feel like I have too too many combat options at any given time.

so learn to play the game instead of whining about it with retarded anime reaction images included

It's a flaming pile of garbage, but that was largely due to writing, level, and enemy design.

you forgot to tell me what it is that I'm actually doing wrong

Use a different secondary weapon. Agni&Rudra are good. Learn how to use Nevan.

I know what you mean. The game was designed for you to run through with one style though. You aren't playing it "wrong" and if you're enjoying yourself you shouldn't worry about it.

I'm not against it but
>get weapon
>buy moves
>well I guess it's time to switch to a different weapon
seems like a pretty dumb way of doing things to me

>Agni&Rudra are good.

If anything, cerberus is much more convenient for someone with trickster because revolver is one of the best starters for JC combos just like the basic air attacks unlike A&R where the air attack sends enemies flying the fuck off

Right -> The PS2 wasn't as powerful as a modern or even a 10 year old machine. Graphical limitations were not the only thing the developers had to content with.

Nowadays that's easy to overcome with the PS4 which is, if I remember right, 43 times more powerful so it seems unlikely but that was a limitation of the machine.

this OP confuses me. he's talking about DMC3/4 styles but began by saying he's playing dmc2 with a dmc2 Dante picture?

Trickster+Rebellion+Cerberus are pretty much the DMC3 starter pack. If that's what you feel comfortable with and it isn't actively gimping your style meter and rank, then there's no problem desu.

You know you can replay missions right? You don't have to grind in DMC3 but making the effort to not switch and not even bother trying to mix it up makes you a straight retard.

>hurr durr am i playing the game wrong?
>waah i don't want to even try to expirement

It's got to be the same handful of people saying dumb shit about the style system at this point

Are you illiterate?

The whole idea behind DMC3's combat is trying what works for you personally. If someone buys all the moves for a weapon and still isn't satisfied with it well. At least there's another weapon they could like.

style switching feels satisfying desu

switching to trickster to "teleport,teleport,airdash" to an enemy, then quickly switching back to swordmaster feels like you actually worked for that quick gap-closing

being able to teleport to the enemy with the press of a button like in DmC is nowhere near as satisfying

the DMC4 control system is objectively bad because its the only DMC control scheme that absolutely REQUIRES you to claw grip while also rebinding buttons