Are console games not made for HDTV?

Are console games not made for HDTV?

Just hooked up my SNES and i'm getting these large scan lines. How are you guys hooking your stuff up?

Attached: My TV Issue.jpg (4032x3024, 884K)

>that aspect ratio
>probably composite or some other shitty signal
> vizio

Please be bait

What the fuck is a vizio?

You'll get somebody.

Used to have a Vizio, god damn that was shit

you missed the worse of it
>fucking sm3 all stars

TVs that use the same internals as higher end TVs, but are sold (and possibly assembled?) in the US by a small company HQ'd in southern California, so they're cheaper than competitors.

I never had an isue with Vizio

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt you're not trolling, but yeah you should just emulate if you want to play old games at this point.

Unless you're a retard who arbitrarily hates emulation.

I know this is bait but the PPU in that SNES looks fucking fried. Even on an HDTV it shouldn't look like that...

Did anybody here ever played Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES? Every time I see a people on the Internet (me, my brother and my cousin included) saying that they remember SMB3 is the SNES remake EVERY, FUCKING, TIME, never the NES version.

I own 2 copies

Why would I play the shitty looking version?

Yes, but I'm old by 4ch standards.

Have it here in box baby.

>Vizio
How are you enjoying your one whole second input lag OP?

Are there any user here with Video Game "Vicio" (Addiction in Spanish) here?

>HDTV
>being compatible with old console plugs

I use an xrgb mini with 200” screen on a benq 2050 with $10k home theater speaker and receivers, but I’m that autistic and grew up super poor.

Man, I need to clean this shit.

Attached: 20180320_192958.jpg (2399x2399, 3.39M)

Vizio is shit
I remember having a legit 2 second input lag
Then I found that it had a "game mode" that reduced it to about a 1 second input lag

Literally couldn't play games on it

Because IMO the soundtrack sounds better in chiptunes, and is easier to notice that the game you're playing is just a play.

Great, you are real gamers Anons.

Does it still working?

Anything before like 6th or 7th gen pretty much needs to be played on a CRT if you want it to look right. Weirdly there are actually gameplay related issues as well, on an HDTV there's always gonna be a few extra frames of lag compared to a CRT. For most games this doesn't really matter much, but for some it's a big deal.

It does, played it just a couple days ago in fact.
Game is fucking loooooong without warp whistles.

You should try cleaning the cartridge connector and the cartridge itself. If that doesn't solve the issue, it's probably some hardware problem. Also, my old plasma TV has a lot of input lag, but only via HDMI and component. When I use it with RGB SCART, it's perfect.

Those lines don't actually show up when you look at them right? They're distortions from the camera.

There's also the Goal glitch, which if you run until the P Signal is flashing, and you touch the lower left corner of the goal you will always get a Star Card (doesn't always works), keep doing that for 2 more levels and you get 5-UPs.

Your cartridge or system are borked. Try blowing in them.

Well, there’s a few options. If I wanna hook a retro console up to my plasma I do it via the Framemeister, either RGB or Component, but that is mostly if I wanna record stuff as well.
Otherwise I use by Sony PVM and a RGB Scart to BNC adapter.

Attached: FA11EEA6-662C-4538-B644-2637CF14547D.jpg (3024x3024, 1.69M)

Oops. Flipped image. Let’s try this instead.

Attached: 23C1EE30-CA9F-4F99-B8AE-AFAAA95E852A.jpg (1531x1536, 656K)

how is it known to be a glitch? I just assumed that they designed to reward you for having p-speed at the end of the level, amd timed your jump to hit it as soon as possible. I jumped into it late on purposed but never ran back to build speed and time a jump.

It's a glitch. It was fixed in All-Stars' remake.