Smash 64 was good

>Smash 64 was good
>Melee was GOAT
>Brawl sucked
>Smash4 sucked

TFW I literally have no idea whether Smash on Switch will be good or not. The suspense is fucking killing me bros and I already popped 2 valium

Attached: super-smash-bros-switch-roster.png (782x440, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Glitches_(SSBM)
supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Glitches_(SSBB)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All the Smash games were good though

>Smash 4 sucked

>last 2 smash game sucked
>WILL THE NEXT ONE BE GOOD?

>Brawl sucked
Im sorry did i miss something?Why does Sup Forums hate Brawl?

It's not going to be Melee, Sakurai is more outspoken about his contempt for you faggots than any other developer in history, so let go of any fucking delusion you have that it will ever come close to meeting your autistic competitive standards and understand that the series is and will forever be aimed at casuals as a party game for which you will say it sucks.

>Smash 64 is the only good one
FTFY

I just want to be able to have a 1v1v1 match with strangers.

Attached: [022825].png (900x675, 223K)

>all these babies claiming brawl and smash4 were good

kek

cannot wait for kerfuffle

nostalgia fag

smash 4 is based, melee is great, brawl is okay and 64 is fucking garbage

Sakurai may be working on the new one but he's getting old, I can't imagine his input will matter quite as much

Sm4sh sucked mainly, at least for me, because of how ridiculous grabbing is/was. Mind you I only play it on 3DS, so maybe having a focus on one Console that just happens to be portable will make the development better.

I know that really doesn't correlate with the grabbing thing but meh. I know Bayo is in for sure. Cloud's a maybe, though.

Attached: SSB4_-_DLC_-_Fighter_Bundle.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Subspace was fun and it had a fun roster but it never held me as long as melee did. I felt like everything went into subspace and everything else sorta suffered a bit as a result.

>Smash 4 is mediocre at best
>Sakurai says it'll be the last one he works on
>Obviously burned out on the series
>Switch comes out
>Nintendo says "haha get back to work bitch"
>Expecting Smash 5 to be anything but a soulless cashgrab

Gameplay will probably be shit to boot.

Attached: 1307328755408.png (599x420, 531K)

Sm4sh suffered from defensive play being the objective best way to play. Grabbing was a very safe option, playing aggressive would mostly lead to you being punished. It wasn't nearly as bad as brawl mind you but it still was so defensive. It's why people got so ass pained about Bayo, she absolutely completely shit on that play style and forced people to play differently against her specifically.

If they speed up the game a bit more and nerf the defensive options it could be a contender against Melee.

>smash will never have momentum ever again
>goemon will never appear in a smash game as a playable character

What wasn't good about Brawl or Smash 4?

It's not an e-sport.

Just ignore him. These are the same fucks who want Zelda cut just because she doesn't do well under their ruleset.

Attached: [022806].png (462x740, 571K)

Are you just talking out your ass he's like 45

Attached: 1520801538206.jpg (600x500, 83K)

So, 2 good games followed by 2 bad games, either the next 2 games will be good, or they will be perfectly mediocre.

This

Why does Ryu have a cameltoe

why did smash 4 suck?

Melee and Brawl were great.

when things go bad they usually don't get any better especially if it happens multiple times in a row

He's an underaged hooped up on ironic weeb memes who's never held a career-level job. How do you expect him to know how creating a product works?

too floaty and tripping is a terrible game mechanic

No momentum, infinite air dodges, more defensive, and somehow being even more unbalanced than it's predecessors (don't know if that's true for smash4) make it pretty bad experience for some.

Not being an e sport or whatever is no excuse for having Zelda be shit in 3 games straight. Oh and before you say tourneyfag I play casually.

>Meleefags
Gomibako ni ochite

It really does play like crap, user. Smash 4 didn’t play much better at first but those early patches made huge improvements.

Melee was terrible. It was a buggy, unbalanced mess that doubled the roster size but made half the new additions (including Ganondorf) clones. Speed and spamming was absolutely everything, too, making slow and heavy characters absolute garbage to play.

because it was made by an autistic butthurt jap who’d rather add spiteful anti-mechanics like tripping than make a smash game to its maximum gameplay potential.

More like
>Smash 64 was good
>Melee was a mediocre buggy mess
>Brawl was good
>Smash4 was amazing

Kerfuffle was 4 you absolute retard. You don't get to keep calling Smashes the same fucking codeword.

They're all good though.

But cutting her, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, whoever just because of that? kys.

>>Melee was a mediocre buggy mess
>>Brawl was good

Attached: 1513436300253.jpg (756x1100, 113K)

>people suddenly unironically trying to defend brawl now that a new smash was announced

Attached: 1391051264465.jpg (255x220, 14K)

So what the fuck was the announcement today, eh Sup Forums? Everyone kept making fucking Sans threads all day yesterday and spamming it to hell and back, did anything happen at all today or was that just retarded phoneposters doing dumb shit for "the lulz"?

>kids who grew up on it are old enough to post here now

Attached: joe.jpg (391x444, 24K)

>defending brawl

Attached: 1469470075477.gif (290x300, 2.75M)

>Melee was a mediocre buggy mess
>Brawl has even more bugs
>Brawl was good
Make up your mind.

supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Glitches_(SSBM)
supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Glitches_(SSBB)

Hey. His eyes are UP there.

Sakurai (the guy behind the 2 games that sucked) is back. What the fuck do you think?

They're all the same game. How can you hate one and love the others while the only difference between them is roster size?

>Makes Brawl casual because he doesn't like competitive players
>Removed cutscenes from Sm4sh because he didn't like people watching subspace on youtube

Is Sakurai the most autistic developer out there?

>also behind the two good ones
Now this is shitposting

>this entire thread

So all smash threads are ironic and unironic shitposting?

Attached: [007254].gif (240x180, 2.04M)

All the Smash games had something that made them special
>Smash 64
...Got nothing
>Melee
...Got nothing
>Brawl
Story mode..?
>Sm4sh
Better online, still shit
in conclusion, the fanbase is gonna overhype the new game, and it will be mediocre at best.

Attached: 1521566588481s.jpg (124x118, 2K)

Sakurai's been saying "this will be the last one I work on" since fucking Melee. Everyone knows he's going to keep coming back.

>buggy
You hardly experienced bugs in casual play
>unbalanced
Not like the AI knows how to even abuse that
>Clones
>Bad
>speed and spam was absolutely everything
>Camping at the point where the AI starts to spam

Melee is seriously the best single player experience out of the four just for the amount of replayability it has
>Arcade styled classic and Adventure Modes
>Half of the event battles where you can choose your characters
>Unlocking characters changes up both Classic and Adventure mode with new battles and cutscenes i.e. The Metal Bros battle
>Target Tests that are designed specifically for characters in mind

Attached: image.png (690x960, 283K)

It'll suck because you want it to and you'll find some tiny flaw in it and say it ruins the game even though it either makes no real difference in gameplay or is just a change to the formula you already like.

>N64 was good
>GameCube was GOAT
>Wii sucked
>Wii U sucked
>Switch is GOATest
Smash 5 will be the best smash yet, mark my words

Smash 64 really is not that good of a game but the idea of bringing Nintendo characters together to fight was genius at the time.

Smash Melee was intended as a party game but due to exploits/glitches ended up becoming one of the most mechanically demanding and fastest fighting games ever made

Brawl tried to bring the series back to casual play by making recovery super easy and adding haaha so fun rng mechanics like tripping\

Smash 4 succeeds in being competitive yet still inviting to casuals but never comes close to the skill ceiling Melee set.

Attached: 1511588281176.png (1145x315, 221K)

Dumb shrek poster
>64
First party fighter, first Nintendo crossover
>melee
Adventure mode, events mode, tourney mode, collectionables in form of trophies
>brawl
SSE adventure mode, multiple music per stage, stage editor
>sm4sh
First smash with decent online, master/crazy orders, smash run, smash tour, better stage editor, custom character editor

Don't know why people are hating Brawl, but
>Better roster than Melee, and 10x better than 64
Sonic, Snake, etc
>Brought in best FE character, Ike
>True game for casual fun
>Wolf
>Subspace Emissary

Downsides:
>Tripping
>Online
>Stage builder

I like brawl the most simply because it had a GOAT soundtrack

Smash 4 is good.
>because of how ridiculous grabbing is/was
Haha wow git gud
>defensive play being the objective best way to play
Nope
Warm
Warmer
Still only warm but basically this.

>Shrek
>Dumb

Choose one, or get out. Also Brawl had collectables, even more than melee

If you judge a Smash game by how good it is competitvely you NEED to kill yourself

>Smash 64 has no online
>Melee has no online
>Brawl has the worst online ever seen in a video game
>4 has the worst online ever in a post-2010 video game
>5 is launching with the paid online service
They wouldn't make it P2P again. Would they?

I never said that shrek was dumb, I said that user is dumb. Also I mostly included new cool things in the games. The stickers in brawl were fucking useless.

Every smash game is better than the last because it has more characters, stages and content in general and the minute difference in gameplay don't matter enough to make a difference cuz it's a party game not a competitive fighting game.

I see your point. But didn't stickers boost something?

Brawl was the peak of the series, fight me

>Smash4 sucked
I hope Sakurai pulls his head out of his ass or he's reined in
It had awful stages, awful items, awful singleplayer and the gameplay could have been better
I wouldn't say it sucked but it wasn't great either

I like zelda and I dislike brawl and smash 4

not because of the gameplay mainly but because it sucked. melee modes, events, stages, music and newcomers literally wipe the floor with brawl and smash4

>Haha wow git gud
You git gud at rebuttals first, please.

>brawl sucked

Besides the tripping, it was a good game.

Tourney babbys pls go

Only in SSE mode, they were shittier trophies in the rest of the game.
Balanced Brawl is what vBrawl should have been since the beginning

All it had was Subspace and a better roster and Subspace was a play once you're done thing

A mêlée à trois, if you will.

Attached: Sparrow vs Turner vs Norrington.png (1314x639, 976K)

You have to be a complete mong to consider Brawl good. Why is Sup Forums so against wanting Smash to have better gameplay again? Even as a casual I feel how much more shallow Smash has become.

>minute differences in gameplay
Hah
>they don't matter because it's a party game
Oh, so it's okay to have shit gameplay as long as it isn't explicitly "competitive"?

Brawl has the best opening theme though

I'm 32 kiddo.

Smash 4 is the best smash. Deal with it.

Childhood is idolizing Melee, adulthood is realizing fighting games make more sense.

Because Smashfags only care about the characters and would gladly take worse gameplay if it meant hurting the competitive scene.

>fighting games as an adult make no sense
Just how bad are you..

Attached: 1328034931269.png (424x470, 139K)

The Melee competitive scene caving in would be a dream come true. I don't know what it would take for that to happen, Smash continuing on the casual route until Melee just levels out and becomes fossilized or a new Smash game emulating Melee but either way Melee has got to die
>No more Meleefags shitting up actual fighting game discussion
>Suddenly a whole armada of CRT displays freed up because those autists only use them for Melee

>literally the designer of one of the frequently most anticipated games on the planet
>"DURR HE NO KNOW HOW TO CREATE PRODUCT. RANDOM user ON WEEB BOARD HERE I AM BETTER THAN HIM BRRRHH"

>Melee was GOAT
Spot the cubebabby. Probably never even played 64.

Sm4sh and 64 are the only games with any semblance of balance. Melee is on par with Brawl.

I seriously don't get the hate for Sm4sh.
I really love playing with friends, and the competitive scene is varied and a lot of fun to watch, with a few omissions. (Like Bayonetta everywhere, competitive Sonic and competitive RosaLuma)

Only thing that sucked about smash 4 was being able to push against being knocked out, not sure how to phrase that.

Regardless that one thing was bad enough that it pretty much killed the game for me.

Oh also all the disgusting fire emblem characters.

Me too

>Smash 64
Totally fresh gameplay & new aesthetic
>Melee
Super slick & fast gameplay
>Brawl
Story Mode. Gameplay sucked vaginas

Brawl was literally the buggiest game with the most exploitable techniques. It was so unbalanced that something as basic as grabbing the ledge needed a stupid rule implemented to accommodate compfags.

Were they anything but?

>Boohoo I sucked at Brawl and 4 and refuse to adapt to a new gane and posdibly lose

Melee fags afe pathetic

Well what I’ll always find bizarre is that Melee was deliberately designed to be faster and tighter, but Brawl was intentionally held back because a small minority of people 99% of players never encountered were a little too good at Melee. Was there no other way to approach this? The game just couldn’t stay fast and tight?

Brawl was just a bad competitive game

Smash 4 felt like the Overwatch of smash games. Everything feels like it's on rails or something.

After Brawl and Smash4 i am only very slightly excited
mostly sceptical and cautious

it wasnt fun on a casual level either

the worlds best brawl players say its boring lol and that they only played for the money

>Melee GOAT
Yea sure whatever you say

>We're gonna lose this Zelda to the blonde BotW version

Welp.

>TFW I literally have no idea whether Smash on Switch will be good or not
It's almost like you'll never know if a game will be good or not until it comes out and you play it for yourself.

It's just going to be a port of 4 with new characters so no

This is the truest post in this dumpster fire of a thread.