I've played Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3. Thinking about going back to its roots. Have I ruined myself from enjoying it...

I've played Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3. Thinking about going back to its roots. Have I ruined myself from enjoying it, or does it hold up if you've played Dark Souls first?

Attached: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (220x254, 21K)

It doesn't hold up at all if youve played the others first. Worth playing through 3-1 for the atmosphere though.

Other than some lock-on jank it's fine. Enjoy it for what it is.

Don't listen to that first retard at all. Demon's Souls is a different beast entirely, it's enjoyable for completely different reasons and I like it a lot, having played every single other game in the "series" before Demon's.

Yes there are some things that were straight up improved but it has its own strengths and has absolutely not "aged badly."

Bullshit. It's still the best souls game to date. Interconnected worlds was a mistake.

It's disgustingly unfair. You die it makes you return all the way to the beginning of the stage.

I marathoned the series last month, Demon's Souls is great and still holds up.

Goddamn there are some serious newfags itt. Git fucking gud, you queers.

DeS > BB > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: 1458862861537.jpg (500x544, 41K)

It's only $20, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks anons.

Well I guess I'll just have to git gud

Attached: 41e.png (500x309, 181K)

I played DaS2 first and DeS blew it out of the water.

I played BB first, then DeS, then the other games. DeS is best.

>play DeS and DS in sequence
>barely can get through DSII
>haven't got past the first boss in DSIII
How you fucks don't get tired from playing the same thing in such a small span of time?

came here to say these

played 1, 2, des, 3 then BB and DeS is really something special

Best weapon.

Attached: BBS.jpg (512x288, 8K)

>does it hold up if you've played Dark Souls first?
yeah, the series was always shit, so you'll feel right at home

>DeS > BB > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2
I never thought I'd meet somebody with taste this absolutely perfect

it's sad without online

>Spot the strengthlet
Make way for the great purple dildo of righteousness

Attached: mhyi6e.jpg (800x569, 82K)

it's a pretty common opinion desu

Attached: 1497562639858.jpg (504x947, 552K)

A blueblood sword with LW has more AR than a DBS

The herb system is a massive downgrade to the Estus system to the point of making the game an annoying chore, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Only play it if you felt DS didn't have enough pointless grinding.

heh, nothin personnel kiddos...

Attached: hiltless-on-hand-large[1].jpg (1271x712, 84K)

Flip DeS and DaS and then you've got true perfection

>to the point of making the game an annoying chore, so I wouldn't recommend it.

What the fuck? How does grass make the game a chore?

Instead of having a free allotment of Estus upon each death, you have to buy or find grass. It basically means that each run through one of the stages has a "cost" in souls, keeping your experience level lower and creating a situation where grinding for grass may be required.

Unless you're good enough to not need healing, it just makes the game a chore. DeS has some great systems, but grass ruins it. The balance of a game like DS/DeS just doesn't work when you have to pay for healing items.

>Unless you're good enough to not need healing, it just makes the game a chore
the game shits grass at you left and right

what you mean to say is the game becomes a chore if you're bad enough

Absolutely wonderful game. Feels like a beta for DS1 in some ways but also features a lot that's completely unique to it and I'd call it a more memorable experience overall. Official servers were closed recently though so be sure to look up the guide that lets you fuck with your DNS settings to connect to the private servers if you want invasions and shit.

Attached: souls.png (785x725, 102K)

Don't you get a passive healing ring pretty early on? I recall never really needing herbs in my playthrough.

That wasn't really my experience, but it does present another problem.

If you always have tons of grass and can heal for nothing, then the challenge goes way down. You can brute force encounters if healing isn't limited.

Having a set healing item, with no associated cost and a set number of charges, is simply a better system. Grass, whether there's too much or too little, is a system that just warps balance of the game to the point of being detrimental to the game's overall quality.

Yes. You can run to get it in 4-1 30 seconds after clearing 1-1. A full regen build with a blessed weapon and adjudicators heals for a shit ton too.

DeS is the easiest game in the series for the fact that it's less restricting than any of the other titles. Your character gets extremely strong if you build correctly and that makes the game easier. But the game being easier isn't a bad thing. I would personally say that I find DeS to be the easiest and the most fun in the series.

They are all good, don't worry. I love the atmosphere and music of Demons, but I prefer the level design of Dark 1+2 (3 wasn't as good imo - only for boss fights).

You've convinced me, any build tips? Anything flat out shit or tricky like ADP from 2?

Attached: divingin.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

I'd love to play DeS as I'm a huge fan of the series, but I started with Dark Souls on the xbox. It sucks dick that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible and DeS isn't even on PS Now.

From what I've seen you can almost emulate it perfectly now though, so I might give that a go if they fully fix the framerate and connectivity issues.

Don't level Luck unless you wanna use the blueblood sword, which I wouldn't recommend for a first playthrough anyway.

FUCK THE TOWER KNIGHT BRIDGE

Almost everybody who's played other games first agrees DeS is among the weakest.

Technically it's a bit jankier and the boss fights are mostly awful, but it has some really atmospheric segments that make it worthwhile.

>Anything flat out shit or tricky like ADP from 2?
no, other than luck being useless outside of one very specific weapon that you have to build around to use

Wait what's this? Oh, is this on the PS3? I can't find demon souls in the ps4 store.

avoid picking royal starting class, it makes the game too easy

(you)

Attached: 1515870593602.jpg (669x696, 54K)

I prefer melee over magic, because with my mage it started way too hard and god way too easy after a while.

not that user, but i actually got excited and thought that DeS was on the ps4 store goddamit, i don't have a ps3 anymore just let me replay this game again fuck

I don't know what it is but I find Demon's Souls super hard compared to the other souls games, that's including BL 4/SL 1 runs in the other ones

Look nothing up. After you beat a level, leave the world and do a corresponding level in another world until it's too hard and then go back to the first world and do the second level. Dobt look anything up for fucks sake, ever. Dont level luck and dont ever ever dupe any items.

I played it before 1, but after 2 and 3.
I liked it a lot more than 1 and 2, in fact 1 was disappointing to me.
So yeah, I think it should hold up.

I played Demon's Souls after DaS1 and Demon's Souls is way fucking better.

Better level design and the combat is smoother.

Attached: 2e81bbed70242db147ffa0100986c19d.jpg (1280x1173, 190K)

Im going to try that samsung hypnosis video to try and forget that I ever played this game on the off chance that it works and I get to relive it. Please God let it work.

I find the basic gameplay to be very addicting, I played it through all the games for the first time in the span of a year, except BB because I have no interest in it, its not my preferred armored knights fantasy setting.

This is almost exactly the wrong way around.

Brainlets can't comprehend the majesty of Dark Souls II.

get out

I recently got a chance to play BB and I'd say you should give it a try. It's a lot more specifics than DeS or DaS but all the stuff in it has a lot more depth. I love how much more item oriented and uncomplicated it is in comparison.

DS2 is my favorite as well. No idea why this is so rare? But I like them all, so it doesn't really matter. Just started Nioh DLCs a few days ago, but Date Masamune rapes my ass. I think he is harder than any Souls boss, except maybe Midir.

I always run melee builds son

I'll likely pick knight if they have it

Yeah, PS3.

Will the levels be labeled on which one is first and second and whatnot?

Download's at 40%

Attached: 1441847210154.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

>Will the levels be labeled on which one is first and second and whatnot?
yes, the game uses a centralized hub with 5 different archstones

each archstone has 3 different areas connected in a linear fashion except the first which has 5

it's styled after arcade level layouts

DS2 is better than DS3 otherwise accurate list

Alright, cool. I'm getting pretty excited.

It's because it was memed into being publicly accepted as being bad. Most people who "think" it's a bad game either didn't play it or simply decided to parrot the opinions of people like Matthewmatosis instead of forming their own opinions.

A similar thing happened with Marvel VS Capcom Infinite.

Other than the completely broken healing system and pvp, it's the best of the series besides BB

Only with the dlc. Vanilla DaS 3 is miles better than vanilla DaS 2.

Attached: 1521572200778.gif (245x200, 974K)

It's not "bad", but it definitely has glaring problems that keep it from being anywhere close to my favorite. DLC is easily the best part of the game.

Attached: didmytime.png (465x106, 52K)

Remmeber, online is still around via fan servers. Look up the DNS addresses to enter to your PS3 network settings.

What? Someone with a reasonable opinion? Leave this place.

>pic
I was gonna say this is cruel intentions, but then I remembered she was brunette in that one

>It's because it was memed into being publicly accepted as being bad

t. PCfat who started with the complete version.

As someone who played it both at release and years later on PC, it's two entirely different games. At launch it was a buggy mess with shit balance, terrible performance, gaping holes in content, and shitty pvp.

Attached: ges.png (537x1169, 1.29M)

Nah. I went into SotFS with an open mind, fully expecting some issues, and what I got was a game that felt and looked nothing like what I wanted. It's just a more shoddily made game and it didn't pull me in like the others did.

Dark Souls being a series shouldn't have happened at all. DS2 and 3 took time away from what could have been games in the same fashion that didn't have to be bogged bown by being a sequel to DS1. I'd rather have another game like Bloodborne.

Fuck off, retard. I play on PS3 to this very day. I have over 800 hours logged over eight characters. OG is superior to SOTFS, but even the base game was great back in the day.

gross

Each of the souls games (and bloodborne) has very specific strengths which makes each game more appealing to some people than others.

I think Dark Souls II is a massive piece of shit personally but I can at least see why a lot of people would think it's their favorite or even the best in the series.

Where does LOTF rank?

Attached: 1516298245163.jpg (645x773, 56K)

Attached: nfsd.png (734x256, 462K)

So are Nioh and The Surge better than Bloodborne and Demon's Souls?

duh can't you see the brain is bigger?

if you like demon's souls/bloodborne I would say, you're more likely to like nioh

if you like dark souls 2, I would say you're more likely to like the surge

I regret selling my Ps3 now, but I'm pretty sure Demon's Souls will come out for Ps4 upscaled to 1080p...

I can't get into the surge, heavy weapons are far too slow and light weapons can't stagger enemies before they get a hit in, and good luck if there's more than 1 guy attacking you. Is there some trick or tip to "getting" the combat?