What is the worst boss fight of all time?

What is the worst boss fight of all time?

Attached: dmc3.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QOsFUoaGzQg?t=97
youtube.com/watch?v=67831CM1yNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oc2dbyKFJKI
youtube.com/watch?v=hGB1av3j0cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

worst can mean a lot of things. as a kid i thought the hollow bastion riku fight was the worst because every time you failed you had to rewatch that long cutscene beforehand

Attached: Riku.png (545x788, 411K)

This horseshit right here.

Attached: 46-capture_29012011_105340.png (512x480, 44K)

Trismegistus or whatever it was called in DMC2. And that fucking helicopter.

ANY fight that requires you to watch a long as fuck cutscene if you fail is terrible by default, especially if that boss is difficult. Yunalesca, for example. That cutscene is unskippable and like 5+ minutes long, and she's one of like two non-optional FFX bosses that's actually challenging.

Great tits, though. Like... among the best on the system.

What, who doesn't like being able to lose before being able to do anything?

That's a fucking RNG battle if I ever saw one. Whether you win or lose the fight is completely out of your control.

The worst boss I've ever faced in a video game.

Aava was a pretty solid boss fight, and apparently From knew that because they decided one of the three boss slots of the very same DLC should go to the SAME boss... but two of them now.

Nothing about their behavior or moveset has changed, though, and it's not remotely intended for a duo-boss. So you just have these two tigers spamming melee and casts at you with no rhyme or reason, dealing extremely high damage with every hit, and half the time one or both of them is off far enough so you can't possibly keep both of them in view.

To top it off, one of them gets a super defense buff when it gets to like 30% health, and starts healing itself. Just for that added 'fuck you'. Even when this boss goes effortlessly it's still obnoxious.

It's cheap, it's incredibly lazy, and it's tedious. Did I mention they're the boss of the WORST area in the entire series (by far), and that entire area IS the boss run since there are no checkpoints? Even if you do Frigid Outskirts flawlessly, the run alone takes a good five minutes each time.

Fortunately you get an awesome sword for killing them (and a shield, that's okay too.)

If you saved at the save point immediately before this fight, you might have softlocked yourself at the beginning of disc 4 if you can't kill Adel quickly enough to save Rinoa.

Attached: Adel_Awakened_21.jpg (640x479, 65K)

bosses where the only way to beat them is completing QTEs, and unable to use raw power to kill

Forgot the picture.

Attached: kitty.jpg (480x244, 30K)

>run away from him because he uses status effects that haven't been used all game and get rekt
>theres another one in the next room that's much easier

Why?

Attached: download (12).jpg (224x225, 9K)

FAAAAAAAAAAAK I did this the 1st time I ever played FF8. god damn I was mad.

Fucking This!!!!!! I restarted my game because of this faggot. Shit boss with shit mechanics in a shit game

Attached: 1490558876217.gif (200x200, 470K)

youtu.be/QOsFUoaGzQg?t=97

this was the first turning point where the game actually got difficult and if you saved in the area right before this boss you softlocked yourself and have to restart

The cutscene may have been long as fuck but Rikunort is honestly my favorite fight in the whole series. The kind of back-and-forth dynamic hasn't really been replicated in the other games. KH2FM has a good slew of end-game bosses but they're all basically "dodge/block my string of attacks, then I'll allow you to attack me until my revenge value triggers, repeat".

I really like Trismagia conceptually but he's just so tedious to fight, as far as I can recall it's like a 99% guns-only battle.

Iron Passage is way wore than Frigid Outskirts. Never got the hate for that area outside the horses, and if those bug you just kill them for 10 minutes at the start so they despawn forever.

one of the worst things about this boss is the fact that you can save right before it which locks you out of the rest of the game if you can't beat it, meaning you'll need restart the game if you fuck up not getting specific party members

Attached: TheGatesOfHell.png (704x557, 652K)

the first one is an optional boss with a good reward if you beat it in time

Worst part about 2kat isn't even fighting them but getting to them, fuck traversing that wasteland with the obnoxious lightning ponies over and over and over. Almost quit the game over that shit.

pretty much any boss fight thats tough as fuck forcing you to use most of your healing/potion/MP/ect. and then that was only phase 1. If you lose you go back to phase 1 and dont get any of your consumed items back.

Attached: oh fuk.gif (308x214, 1.44M)

how can you say Leviathan is the worst when the fucking purple ivan ooze tentacle blob thing is in the game

oh no I didn't want to use styles anyway

Probably not the worst, but a really shitty set-up.

Elizabeth in Ninja Gaiden II is a fairly difficult fight, but there's nothing inherently wrong with her directly. The issue is that you fight another tough boss right before her and are given a chance to save after it, without any indication you'll be fighting Elizabeth immediately after.

If you save here, it is impossible to leave without killing Elizabeth, so it's impossible to get additional recovery items because there's no way to farm currency. You also don't recover your health when you save, so if you're injured and out of recovery items, you just have to fight her on that or restart the game.

Attached: elizabeth-ng2.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Just because it was the only fight i was looking forward in the game.

Attached: Yhorm.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

>run away

You can't be serious, right?

Sauron in Shadow of Mordor

If you're a real man instead of little baby you can easily destroy him by reflecting your party then casting aero on yourself.
But the real reason is, he hides the button to a secret area.

Bioshock Infinite's ghost fight on hard. Possible to run out of ammo vs a lifeleech boss.

This is an exciting and fun fight if you don't use the "i win" sword. The only problem is his limited moveset.

Or you can just quickening chain his ass to death in seconds.

Yhorm is a pretty decent experience, though a weak boss battle. If you fight him with Siegward it's easily among the most feels I've ever gotten from a Souls game, and that alone made it a pretty nice fight in my book.

Yeah, but then when you finally get through it all you just get a fight with a duo repeat of a boss you JUST fought so you're slapped in the face with a lazy as fuck gank that the developers put less effort into designing than you put into getting to them.

It would take like 20 minutes to do a quickening chain long enough to kill this thing the first time you meet it

YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE
>party member walks into ether and dies

Attached: Lorithia.png (1124x2077, 2.24M)

Pretty much. And he has so much health in DMD. It’s pure tedium.

>Quickenings
[Audible projectile vomiting]
It's quite literally impossible to kill anything with quickenings as fast as reflect+casting on yourself.

Yeah I would say this is it for me. You have to do it three times too, and its the same fight each time.

This bullshit. Played it when I was a teenager and it was the first game to make me genuinely want to throw my controller through the TV. Funnily enough it only took 3 tries, but it was just fucking horrible. Never felt such anxiety playing a game before then. Have since, but this one still haunts my vidya memories.

youtube.com/watch?v=67831CM1yNQ

I-i like to do all the hunts when I'm done with the story and Im talking about the ps2 version. Am I bad? Awwww man.

Attached: 1521330462290.gif (320x213, 1.28M)

Attached: 1330235799270.jpg (1162x890, 59K)

But how will I jerk off to frans quickenings if I dont use them, baka!

Thats just wrong though. I made it to the 1/4 mark on the bridge when I killed the first one with quickenings without even interacting with the torches. It took two chains to kill it in all, the first chain was like 7 and the second was 5 or 6, just use ethers to refill your meters.

Attached: 1496554101940.jpg (494x444, 45K)

How is that fun and exciting? Every one of his attacks is retardedly easy to avoid and phase two is almost exactly the same as phase one. So all you're doing is spending eternity slowly chipping down his horrendously massive lifebar. King Doran in DeS was tedious as fuck and a pretty awful fight as well, but at least he had a few attacks that could actually hit you.

To be quite real, if you're only doing hunts after the story is finished, you're missing out on a lot of the fun of needing to plan your build around actually surviving and beating them, because you're massively overgeared for them, gear is the most important thing in FFXII so being overgeared makes things a meme.

But quickenings are, in terms of real time, massively slower.
Not sure what you don't get about this, really.

demons souls last boss

In TZA, they removed the incentive of fighting him completely. Instead of the Demonsbane sword, you get a mote that deals nonelemental damage.

Not worth it.

>The issue is that you fight another tough boss right before her and are given a chance to save after it
I don't recall another boss fight before her first fight and the Genshin fight before her second doesn't have a save opportunity in the middle.

TZA is a meme tbf, you get arguably the best overall 1 hand sword from an ez steal on the 3rd (Third) level of trial mode.
Literally takes 5 minutes to get it nearly as soon as you start the game.

The story has urgency though. I don't wanna fight any tomatoes in PJs until the big bad is stoped and basch redeemed! I can just hold stock in the fact I wasn't playing correctly. That's fine with me.

Attached: 1520473040996.png (917x1186, 33K)

Yhorm has context-sensitive damage. Equip an overhead swinging weapon and aim for the arms (2x damage of swinging at his ankles) and in the best case scenario, the head (4x damage). Hitting these parts staggers him quickly and after a couple of visceral attacks the fight is over in ~5 min. I feel sorry for people who couldn't figure this out on their own, but I guess From was expecting that. Hence the Storm Ruler

You can beat Elizabeth on the second encounter easily if you abuse the dancing around Genshin's body trick, but you still make a very good point. It's very unfortunate they never added stage select.

The first time I was playing through the game I was very cautious about spending my hard earned resources because the game gives you very little opportunity to farm.

I can't remember, is that before or after the whole gun manufacturer section?

I think otherwise though that whole level was about the worst part of Bioshock Infinite, and when it really cemented the game wasn't going to get any better.

>hitting his head does more damage and staggers him quicker
wow yeah there’s no way anybody would have ever figured that out

>artificially inflating the amount of time it takes to kill a boss at zero increase in challenge for no other reason than pathetic elitism

Attached: 1511978391984.jpg (323x454, 25K)

I could be remembering it incorrectly since it's been a long time, but it was something close to that. It may have been that you save right before Genshin, then immediately have to face Elizabeth's second form afterward so if you saved before Genshin you have to repeat him if you die to her, so you're stuck with your remaining recovery items and health.

All I remember distinctly is I got in a trap where, because of a save location, I was stuck fighting Elizabeth's second form right after another boss fight without the possibility of recovering beyond my condition after the first fight.

How about Sauron in LotR: The Third Age?
He and the two oliphants before him were the most tedious enemies I ever fought in an RPG.
>pretty much kill every party member with one or two hits
>have healer elf who can use a spell that automatically revives them if your party members die
>cast it on everyone including herself
>if someone dies and the buff is used up, cast it on him again for the next time he dies
>cast it on the healer elf herself as well
>if she dies and gets revived by her spell she always has first turn because she's sanic fast so she can cast ist on herself again and is basically immortal
>it's now impossible to lose
>entire fight consists of the enemies/boss one shotting you, your people dying and then getting revived by the spell
>90% of your actions are casting this one spell on your own party members a thousand times each
>in the rare instance Sauron or the oliphants do something retarded and don't attack while everyone in your party is buffed you can attack once for chip damage

That took a long, long time.

Attached: MIKE WAZOWSKI.png (762x768, 437K)

It still wouldn't take 20 minutes, maybe 2 or 3 and alot of that would be watching quickenings. I can't say about your method cause I've never tried it.

Well, you are playing the original PS2 version right? If I recall the newer versions of the game the difficulty is much lower, which might be comparative to how easily overpowered you could become in the original version because of the old chest loot and license board.

>LOCKED
Definitely a rising theme here. I wound up fucking myself over by saving before the last Eve battle with no items in Parasite Eve, so I know where you're coming from.

>elitism
I never said the boss was hard, just that it's more fun this way. Your complaints about the healthbar aren't valid because, as I said, he barely takes any more time than a regular boss.

I stopped playing for six months because of this bitch.

Can I pick a normal enemy I hate more than any boss? Because fuck these.

Attached: 1470401623901.png (954x662, 214K)

you can heal her though, including regen, shell, etc. so unless you've super fucked up (as in idk how you would get that far to begin with) i call shenanigans

for me its a tie between boost guardian and bed of chaos.

Great pic, not really a boss fight though

Attached: Dead_rising_prisoners_sophie_(9).png (1366x768, 1.17M)

>mfw Leviathan in Heaven or Hell mode

Attached: Vegeta Super saiyan rage.gif (500x262, 1003K)

>tfw one of the worst boss fights in the franchise is also in one of the best games in said franchise
Also, OP, that's not the Infested Helicopter from DMC2.

Define worst

Don't bosses die in one hit in that mode?

so do you, especially when the floor is fucking lava. I died so many god damn times because i accidentally touched the acid. Fuck the leviathan level and fuck the boss.

Attached: [Eurobeat stops].gif (400x300, 1.64M)

After, it's the ghost of (I think) Evil Old Guy's wife.

Game became shit once you're in a crowd and it suddenly just turns brutally violent, forgot what choice you have to make. It was the first hour of the game. Sad.

the set-up is 10/10 but then you see the Mike Wazowski face

Rikunort is the same thing, and i'll still take revenge values from well-designed bosses over "lol nothing personal"-tier combo breaking faggotry that Osaka team churns out.

Long, tedious, obnoxious camera, obnoxious attack angles, obnoxious timing, just a pain in the ass.

Gael was harder, but he was also far more enjoyable as a fight.

Attached: Midir.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Attached: fable2finalboss.webm (640x480, 494K)

Anyone who believes this doesn't know how to fight him. If you fight him correctly and understand him the fight takes 3-5 minutes on average and it has zero camera problems. All of his attacks are very easy to avoid once you know how to, as well.

He's easily the best giant monster fight in the series, and among the best bosses all around.

I DO prefer Gael, but only barely.

>not having Leviathan's Recover by the Adel fight

youtube.com/watch?v=oc2dbyKFJKI

You're in the NYC subway when this motherfucker slaps your ninja's ass
what do?
youtube.com/watch?v=hGB1av3j0cg

This shit is the reason I had put the game down for so many years.

>kills Union
>Zombifies them before if you don't get the option to revive

Too easy of a fight

Attached: Absalom.png (803x809, 847K)

Air raid was a fucking godsend for that level

One of my favorite games of all time, but this boss was ass. So was Arkham.

>never got the hate
Shitters who run past every mob to get to the bosses. People didn't get the memo that it was an endgame/aftergame DLC3 co-op focused boss in an optional area.
I don't love DaS2 but Ivory Crown was one of the better parts.

fable 2 final boss obviously

this shit is was a nightmare

What in the fuck is that

Shame too, the dungeon itself is tied for the best in the game with the Ancient Cistern (if you ignore the bosses, obviously)

Almost every fucking Battle Network 3 boss, either they were cowards hiding behind some shitty gimmick or decided to simply attack stupidly fast.
I guess there's Inbachi and Mushihimesama's True Last Boss, too, because they sure as fuck weren't beta-tested.

>REEEEEEEEEEs
>Slides across the room
>Drops a bowl on your head
>!FROSTBITTEN!
Phase 1 and 3 are amazing, fun fights against a quick boss once you figure out how to tell where invisible Friede goes. Phase 2 is one of the most tedious and annoying fucking things in the game

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 195K)

>exciting and fun
His HP/defense is ridiculously overscaled. He's balanced around the Stormruler.
If he had like 25%-30% less health, maybe I'd agree.

Fuck fighting him in the abyss or in WotN

Attached: Masamune_With_Guardian_Spirits.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Fucking this, when I did it I had a string of bad rolls where the battle ended before I got a turn.

Yogg-saron 0 keepers

Attached: 1461206044506.jpg (2048x1975, 497K)

Wait, what?
I killed it for nothing?
Isn't Demonsbane in a chest right after?

See If you have an okay-ish weapon the fight only takes a minute or two longer than any other boss fight. The important part is keeping up aggression and getting him to stagger. I will say that the fight does FEEL longer because he just repeats the same moves over and over.

>one of the easiest games in the series
>hardest boss in the series
what were they thinking?

Attached: mysterious_figure.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

>zantetsukens your run

Attached: e38.jpg (680x498, 48K)

They weren't. Are you even following the "plot"?

who is he anyway?

It's an enemy in Salt and Sanctuary. I think it's a horse narwhal? They're fucking cancer.

I really, really want to enjoy the Blackflame Friede boss fight. I know there's a good fight in there somewhere, but I'm absolutely shit against her and being forced to repeat phase one and two every single time she kills me ruins the experience. I just don't have the willpower or patience to go through that shit enough times to learn her properly.