Well? y/n?

well? y/n?

Attached: seaofthieves.jpg (180x270, 7K)

Servers are too fucked to play, so option C) idk.

I don't play games online.

The framework for a really fantastic game is there, but it's just the framework at this point. Right now there's not too much to unlock, not too much to fight, and not too much to the quests. It's great sailing around with a crew, digging up treasure, and either working with or fighting other crews you meet, but without much to do beyond that, it's not going to be too entertaining after a few hours.

I've been hearing comments along these lines a lot. Is it really that barren when it comes to content?

:(

/gamepass/

Well user, let me put it this way.
Join a game, kill a player and take their chest.
Done that? There you go, you completed the game.

That is literally all there is to do. You go around and grab chests to buy cosmetics. You do that over and over. I'm not exaggerating or memeing. That's the entire game.

wait 6 months then buy cheap key or game pass. dont bother if you dont have friends to queue with.

There's an alright number of things to do, like hunting for treasure, capturing animals for merchant quests, fighting skeleton forts, and so on, but you can get through a large part of it within your first 8 hours or so. Even the Kracken isn't something that's as exciting as they tried to sell it to be, and with the way phasing works, you won't really see too much of the other players to begin with.There's not much really much in terms of content beyond that point, so unless you find a lot of enjoyment within those activities alone, it might not really be worth it.

Some tips:
>Play music if you go to an island and want to avoid getting bit by snakes you charm them
>Golden skellies that get wet turn to stone, so if you catch them in rain it becomes easy picking

Attached: file.png (588x267, 45K)

>dunkey
you must by 18 years or older to post here

Haha, that meme was pretty fresh when posted here on Sup Forums four hours ago as well.

wasted potential the game it just needs more content

>Golden skellies that get wet turn to stone
does throwing water on them with the bucket also work?

i guess dunkey lurks here

Yessir

I love it but be careful solo. You’ll get annihilated by every other group if they see you

The price is fucked for the level of content, but at the same time it's a cross platform game I can play with all my friends, and I really enjoyed the gameplay when I tried it during the beta.

I doubt I'll buy it for $100 AUD, haven't bought a game that much for the better part of a decade, it's absurd.

Yes. There's a shitload of potential there, but it's not worth the price of admission at this moment in time.

people like dunkey just parrot what they hear. No person gets famous for having opposing views on the internet

>ominous feeling

I'd be surprised if he weren't in the beta or didn't watch someone play for a bit. It's been obvious that there isn't a ton to do for over a month now.

wait a week. Currently the game servers aren't even up

>characters look like la creatura

Attached: IMG_2839.gif (467x490, 1.25M)

>410462053
What a dumb comment. They have been very transparent about the fact that there is limited content. No mans sky straight up lied to everyone, literally making up promises as they went.

Good thing dunkey isn't a reviewer I guess

I
yeah dunkey browses Sup Forums. I've even seen him shitposting every once in a while

seriously. they are ALL fucking gross, male and female

Just played a few minutes ago. I was alone on a sloop and just hoarded some explosives. I had a feeling I was going to get boarded so I stocked it on the anchor wheel.
Sure enough, some xbox kiddies with blaring background music take the bait.
They all go for the anchor and I set off the explosives, sending me, my ship and them all straight to davy jones locker.

>100 AUD
What did you mean by this?

The core gameplay is satisfying and the world/style is pleasant, but like pretty much all MMO's/MMO-lite's it does get grindy/repetitive so it's probably not worth $60 for most people. That all depends on how wealthy you are though.

If you're on the fence just wait until the price comes down and it gets some more content updates. $35-45 would be a fair price I think.

You can rent it for a month with the game pass thing for like $10 which is probably like $15 dollary doos, or if you've never gotten it before you can get a free two-week trial.

There isn't much content to go through.

Besides your health there are three resources to manage (cannon balls, bananas and wooden planks). Each of these can be gotten from islands and outposts, none are scarce.

Currently there are two (2) ships you can use. You can operate the rigging, climb to the crow's nest, use a map for guidance, fire cannons etc but beyond the initial cool factor is relatively boring.

The game world only has two enemies, sharks and skeletons. Most of what you do involves completing fetch quests for treasure or trade. All of these give you gold which you can only spend on cosmetic items, which defeats the purpose of collecting gold altogether.

The most fun I've had so far is blasting DKC2 music while fighting another ship in a storm. Other than that the game was lifeless.

they're rejects and criminals that live on the edge of civilization with terrible hygiene and all sorts of diseases, they're not supposed to look pretty

it's fun, but people hate that muh value for money something something grumble grumble

Looking dirty and scuffed up is 1 thing. All the PCs looking like downs patients is another

I can see what they were going for by not including AI ships, but man oh man was it a fucking mistake. At least half the draw is ship battles, and you basically never get to do them because you rarely see other player's ships and as a result the ocean is empty.

It's not even all that fun to kill other players since you can't actually loot them.

I really want to know why that is. I mean looking Portuguese or Mediterranean is one thing but all the characters look almost geriactric or deformed.

Maybe it's to promote costmetics. Actually, that might be it. Everything about the game is basically to buy cosmetics.

At least you can steal chests. Beyond that though why bother?

I only played for like 2 hours thus far and ran across at least 3 different ships.
Pretty tense when you're playing solo and see a 4-man galleon on the horizon.

>this many faggots on win10
god has forsaken us

The combat is the worst I have played in game since fucking shaq fu.
the amount of lazy shortcuts the devs took in terms of just visuals is fucking embarrassing.
There is nothing to fucking do, no reason to even try to earn money, nothing, JUST steal the fucking faggot ass bananas from a barrel and SKIP THE GAME.
Everything is a disappointment including myself for letting others convince me to buy the game, and I didn't even have expectations

THIS IS A $60 GAME AND IT HAS LESS TO DO IN IT THAN NO MANS SKY
YES I'M MAD AT MYSELF

Attached: 1505620570732.jpg (357x269, 15K)

The whole game is based around collecting cosmetics, the least they could do is make the characters look presentable.

you better be a linux user

Yes. It's a pvp ship fighting game disguised as a pirate game.

You grind gold for cosmetics so you look slightly cooler than the opponent while you're murdering each other boat v boat.

I still bought it because the sailing is comfy and I like stealing loot from people.

>Right now there's not too much to unlock, not too much to fight, and not too much to the quests.
>Right now
It's not going to change lmao

SEA OF THIEVES HAS NOW OFFICIALLY ENTERED STAGE 2 OF DENIAL

Attached: but it's a bbbbb.jpg (1599x664, 181K)

It's not as bad as no man's sky, but it does have that barren repetitive feel.
The water is pretty neat though, and the storms are fucking awesome.

I didn't say that I expected it to change, faggot

Attached: 1521081853015.gif (457x384, 613K)

>This
get a 14 day free gamepass play it now and unsub before they charge your card

Anyone need a swabby?

>MS so desperate to be Sony that they even made a far worse clone of No Man's Sky
>The only game even coming out on Xbox this entire year, and the servers don't work at all

Honestly, incredible. You can't make shit like this up.

no

>They have been very transparent about the fact that there is limited content.
"Only 5% of the game's overall content is in the beta!"

Fuck off Aaron.

>All those fucking shit eating grins as he lied through his teeth in interviews

Like god damn man, I think he legit got a sexual thrill out of it

no mans soy 2.0