Dishonored thread

When I first started on this job I thought I was just going to be poisoning or otherwise sabotaging a shitty gang's whiskey/booze operation, but I just read a journal talking about how the gangs are buying elixer and watering it down a bit before reselling it. Is this what this distillery actually is? A reselling of elixer? I don't want to sabotage it if that's the case, since it's just going to be poor shitters buying it to try and avoid the plague and then getting it anyway.

I mostly try to avoid killing people unless I can't help it, and if this is what I think it is it's going to get a lot of (sort of) innocent people dead for no real good reason other than because some blind hag told me to.

Attached: Dishonored 2018-03-21 00-44-42-52.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

follow your heart

Alright, I'll do it. All I really care about is getting the girl back, anyway.

OH BOY A DISHONORED THREAD
>Favorite power?
>Favorite mission?
>Favorite gadget?

alright well that's my thread Sup Forums hope you liked it

I'm bumping my own dishonored thread because I still wanna talk about this game.

Dishonored is the one game that has a lot of potential for a really good book with lore and world-building.

Thoughts on Dishonored 2 and it's standalone sequel?

this is supposed to be for thief but it still applies lol

Attached: 1518902037841.jpg (1000x750, 129K)

>oh the wall of light shut off
>must be the oil canister ran out
>I'll go replace it
>nvm lol fuck that shit
>see any rats dude?

Attached: Dishonored 2018-03-21 01-41-17-45.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

Dishonored 2 made some good decisions, and then washed them down with terrible decisions. None of the levels were that good and any novelty was gained by gimmicks, the stealth wasn't improved on, an entire game-play route (no powers) was poorly thought out in relation to the level design, the story was worse, Corvo having a V/A was a good choice but it only really highlights how poor a choice it was to exclude in the last game, the story in 2 was just terrible and literally reused someone I had already killed in the DLC for the first game as the main boss, and the DLC of dishonored 2 decided to focus on an unlikable character who it is entirely likely a good number of players would have killed due to her involvement in the murder of the Empress and then threw time travel bullshit into the mix (which was the biggest ass-pull of the main story, time travel almost never works when it's done in fiction except in very rare and well thought out cases). Having two characters is fine, but Emily is about as interesting as a wet noodle and not voiced by Garrett from Thief and they used the two-hero excuse to do jack shit with Corvo's powers. The rune system is okay, but easily broken and the RNG elements were annoying. And finally, the Outsider, perhaps the only genuinely interesting character in the first game, was sapped of any mystique through the events of the story that from what I gather is further beaten with a mallet in the DLC. Some of the story elements were good, I liked the part where I got to let the Empress go as Corvo because I am a sentimental idiot, and the fact that the game let me kill Billie Lurk was nice because out of all of the targets (besides the fucking tutorial one I wanted to ice because of his betrayal) she was the only kill I had in the game that was motivated by anything other a desire to move forward.

Attached: 1512715416797.jpg (840x560, 91K)

This is a game that's meant to be played multiple times. Eventually you should beat it in every possible way.

>Favorite power?
1: Possesion
2: Domino
>Favorite mission?
1: Return to the Tower
2: Clockwork Mansion
>Favorite gadget?
1: Rewire Tool
2: Rewire Tool

The combat is a bit more stiff feeling and janky in the sequel but I think everything else is improved upon especially in the world design.

The crossbow is pretty fun to use

Attached: 20180320215407_1.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

>this is fresh copy pasta
user I haven't read all of this yet but I appreciate your contribution and thoughts, even if I may finish reading it and decide it's all bullshit. ty

>>Favorite gadget?
>1: Rewire Tool
>2: Rewire Tool

elaborate

okay after having read your large ball of text and having no real experience with 2, I can say I appreciated the input. Ultimately I must ask if it is worth playing Dishonored 2, and Death of the Outsider, since I was put off by both for a number of reasons I won't bother going into.

Just opens up additional paths in both games. If you're just playing for the first time I don't want to spoil where it's most convenient to use, I'll just say it expands the game's world and can also be used for creative kills when doing a lethal playthrough.

Daud DLC is better than the main game itself and has better powers. Should have had a full game instead of the faggot retake kingdom plot around corvo and emily.

who gives a fuck about chaos or whatever, just fucking stab and gut and shoot everyone in your way. Get that fuckin girl back. who cares man

Pile up the bodies. I got work to do.

Attached: Dishonored 2018-03-21 02-31-44-48.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

>~5 kills

That's not enough. More blood must be shed. You're trying to get the daughter of your slain waifu back, aren't you? All of them will suffer and perish until you have her. Blood must flow until she is safe!

Attached: 1506636909799.png (366x401, 69K)

I felt they put too much effort into making two different characters, when they could have just made one fun one.
Everything also feels super slow and clunky compared to the first, haven't played the DLC though

How do I be good at this game? I feel like unless I'm using up all my sleep darts and all my mana and potions to jump around the map I can't properly get through an area. It's easy enough to deal with alerted guards and just shoot them with all the pistol and bolt ammo you get, but I don't think that's how the game is supposed to be played. I want to do a proper sneaky beaky run before I go full on lowtech robocop.

Attached: 1512771144017.jpg (334x372, 30K)

Power:
Bend Time (ZA WARUDO)
Mission:
???
Gadget:
Crossbow
Any throwable

I know it's probably unoriginal/there's more fun to be had with other combinations.

I had more fun than anything just Dio'ing everything.

I beat the first Dishonored twice but couldn't even finished 2 once. I finished the clockwork mansion and just stopped playing after that for some reason.