Valley Forged: How One Man Made the Indie Video Game Sensation Stardew Valley

gq.com/story/stardew-valley-eric-barone-profile

Attached: eric_barone_gq20180319_07.jpg (640x959, 162K)

by almost completely clone harvest moon friends of mineral town. None of the mechanic is really new except for fishing.

I want his dick in me

It's sad really, Harvest Moon was such a good series and the only thing it needed to do to stay afloat was to not fuck it up.
Now we have a game with almost nothing new and worse graphics just because there is nothing better.

>battlegrounds takes existing ideas and packages them into a thrown together laggy ue4 game
overnight success, biggest game of the year
>fortnite in development hell for over 5 years, finally releases as some half assed base building game that people forget about in a week after launch, devs scramble to make a 1:1 copy of battlegrounds
even faster success than battlegrounds, every normal on the planet is currently playing it or getting into it.
>guy spends 3-5 years working on a harvest moon clone with anime sprites
people go apeshit for it, instant success.

Remember that you don't have to come up with new ideas, just do somebody elses idea better.

>Remember that you don't have to come up with new ideas, just do somebody elses idea better.

Nothing wrong with that.

I dislike chucklefish

Sssooo much

Why? Inb4 soymeme

Should be "How one man still hasn't finished Stardew Valley"

Where's my fucking update?

True this. A lot of things have been done already
Just make sure to do things different while staying with the original concept and go beyond people their expectations

Never played the game but i'm inclined to buy it.
What needs updating?

Multiplayer

Skip it. The game is mediocre, the co-op patch has been "in the works" for like five years and the only real reason it got popular is because there was nothing else like it on PC at the time.

If you really want to play a similar game just play/emulate Rune Factory 4. It's miles beyond Stardew Valley in everything from graphics to gameplay.

>What needs updating?

Nothing NEEDS updating, the game was finished on release. The dev just does free gameplay updates so user is mad that the latest one isn't out.

Eh

he looks like peter parker
also this, i was reading some product development strategies for an assignment and on a lot of places it was stated that new ideas don't come that easily neither do they matter, the thing that matter in market is execution of whatever simple idea you have

>graphics so generic and shitty that people encourage to mod them out

This is kinda why I hate indie games. They just really take somebody else's idea, make it play or look worse, and then brainless redditors praise the game because you're too young or ignorant to have ever played the original game that it's based on.

>blatantly copy an existing series nearly 1:1 but throw in Tumblr graphics and Tumblr shit like the corporations are evil" and everyone being gay

The mechanics aren't complex enough to be "copied"

>what is save the homeland

>press button to water plant
Damn lad, it's basically plagiarism

Literally every word of this post is a lie.

Go play Rune Factory idiots