DS3 Build

First time playing any souls games.

Got the LKSS last night and was wondering if this build is viable for the game? Especially as it's my first time playing through and I'm not wanting to gimp myself. Absolutely clueless.

Attached: ds3bld.png (963x649, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lothric Knight Sword
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pretty bad not even strong enough to beat vordt

Just use a great sword user you will win in PvP and in boss fight guts build best build

Everything is viable, don't try to plan a build for your first playthrough. It's impossible to fuck yourself so badly that you can't finish the game.

unless you're going to dedicate your characters to pvp, anything goes man
pvp is the only reason you'd want to worry about power gaming
there's no reason to min-max if you're just going to fight all the bosses and call it a day after beating the game
all you need to remember is that you need health and stamina and that raising their appropriate stats beyond 40 is a bad idea because of diminishing returns
get the minimal stats for a weapon you want to use, and then decide whether you're going to buff it with items or with magic and stat appropriately
looks like a solid build for a first time through
i do hope you turned that weapon of yours into a sharp one though, otherwise it'll scale like shit

>40 vigor
yeah with that it is but you're not getting those +3 rings without hacking them in for a first run

also drop the prisoners chain and just take havels and something else

Attached: 1521033442640.png (800x584, 532K)

i do hope you turned that weapon of yours into a sharp one though, otherwise it'll scale like shit

Should I be infusing it asap to Sharp?

Are you saying 40 Vig is too low?

looks fine to me. I don't remember using the prisoners chain though. You seem to have the right idea about stats. Don't listen to these other fags, you can pvp and do well with just about any build as long as you don't suck.

Your calculator is shit. You need to spend 99 points in Resistance only. Just get a club, run naked and tanke everrything. You'll take 1 damage only.

Attached: assulomente disgusto.jpg (240x320, 54K)

Str/dex softcap at 40 so pumping especially dex that high is largely a waste. Just go quality for your first playthrough - you'll be able to use any non magical weapons you pick up which will help you learn movesets and give you options.

dex is for fags

Vigor softcap is actually 28. It's unlikely you'll need more than that for PvE.

>PVP
as it's my first time playing I don't want to force myself on suicide watch by attempting PVP just yet

Noted, I'll reroll Deprived

But with LKSS the scaling is correct, right?

Any suggestions on alternatives to pump my points in once I reach the 28?

Mistype. 27.

Get enough stamina to feel comfortable and then just dump into your damage stats.

What is this autism? Just play the fucking game blind. Holy shit, why do you fags enjoy ruining it for yourselves this much?

That would be a much better dex build in dark souls 2 than in 3.

Refined>Sharp lorewise and statwise for LKSS

ok I genuinely thought this was a joke thread when I first posted

>sword + board strongest playstyle pvp or pve
>strongest sword
>strongest shield
>decent armor set you have to grind for
>arguable two of the best rings in the game (prisoners and favor+3)
>dex dump past softcap almost to the hardcap
>higher level than necessary for a first playthrough

OP this build would make the game a walk in the park if it wasnt your first playthrough. You could honestly do anything and not have trouble with pve.

Since I have nothing better to do, made you a foundation for a min/max quality build.

Mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/292186

Add extra vit/vig/end as needed, you can even put a couple points in int/faith if you want carthus flame weave without really sacrificing much. Will let you use pretty much any weapon you get and you'll have nuts damage scaling too.

>ok I genuinely thought this was a joke thread when I first posted

No, I'm that retarded

Thanks user, much appreciated. So with this build I'd go for Sharp infusion on LKSS?

Play bloodborne instead. Ds3 is garbage.

Refined for almost every weapon that isn't claws, katanas and greatclubs. Sharp or heavy might be moderately better before you got 40/40 depending on what you're leveling up, but after that refined all the way.

Tbh dude if you check at Andre, you can see which infusion is gonna be best for your stats.

I only have an original PS4, how's the performance?

your build revolves around dex for dealing damage
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lothric Knight Sword
look at how the +10 weapon scales with dex
now look at how a +10 sharp weapon scales with dex
notice something funny?
i hope you do because otherwise you're retarded.

the +3 rings are actually obtainable in ng

you either go 40 dex or you go 80 dex, no inbetweens, best gains only start after 60

27 str
43 dex

See

RoF+3 is possible to get in ng

I wouldn't recommend min maxing like that. You can respec in the game, so I'd say play as you want, try out as many weapon as you want, and only set your stats properly when you've got an idea about what playstyle and weapons are you favourite.

As a rule for DS3, whatever weapon you pick will be good as long as it's not a whip, scythe or fist weapon. They add good ones in the DLC though. I think most people are nervous picking the stats the first time, but it's not a big deal. Especially since you can respecc like 5 times in DS3, per NG

corvian scythe is great and friede's scythe is worth a separate playthrough with
standard-ass caestus is a great dps weapon

I went for a build with high stamina and high equip load my first playthrough, using primarly greatshields and facetanking everything instead of rolling.
All the bosses people complained about were a breeze, while bosses noone ever found hard were almost impossible for me.

Put 27 in vigor and 40 in STR/DEX/END/VIT

Is this actually viable?

Yes, 40 STR/DEX is perfect DMG for most weapons with refined gem, END 40 is the cap for PVP and you don't need more for PVE, and 40 VIT gives you the ability to wear most of the good armor in the game, although it shouldn't be a priority.

Also, this is obviously melee only

But 27 vig is way too little for pvp. You're gonna get killed in 1 - 2 combos from heavier weapons. Vit on the other hand isn't nearly as important, unless you're going for a specific amount of poise.
I tend to go somewhere between 35-40 vig for pvp, usually 39.

I am playing playing a pyro who beat NG.
I wanna respec to faith.
Is it good?
Should I go 60 faith, 28 end and 35 vig?

>All the horrible advice in this thread
Just go to /vg/ next time.