I feel very weeb lately. What is Sup Forums's opinion on Total War Sudoku 2?

I feel very weeb lately. What is Sup Forums's opinion on Total War Sudoku 2?

Attached: cover-20.jpg (640x400, 67K)

Second best TW after Rome.

Shogun 2 and the Fall of the Samurai expansion are probably the best Total War games ever made in terms of how polished and playable the combat is. They're not perfect games, since they lack some of the interesting features both earlier and later games have and have the least diverse unit rosters in the entire franchise due to the tiny scale of the conflicts they focus on, but I'd still recommend them. The other expansion (Rise of the Samurai) is fine as well but nothing great.

Attached: out of ammo no problem.jpg (1366x768, 290K)

as shit unit roster may be, it's one of the best tw games

Best total war game ever made except for lack of unit variety.

unironically the best total war game to master. you can have 400+ hours and still feel challenged on some occasions. AI is utter fucking trash thou.

I can't escape this game, every year or so I pick it up and play the shit out of it for weeks. Fall of the Samurai is simply the best Total War experience ever.

Never have swords vs guns vs cavalry vs artillery felt so damn good.

thanks for the replies lads torrent's revving up as we speak

Attached: 1373933919227.jpg (1024x768, 389K)

I liked the small unit roster, it made the factions balanced. The biggest downside was the lack of sword ashigaru, it made cavalry incredibly hard to use. Most of the time i would just ride the cavalry up to where they needed to be and then dismount them as a sort of fast response force.

MY RLOOORD GRLOORIOUS VICTOORY WIL SOOOON BEEE OOOOURS

All the units they added compared to the first game are retarded and fantasy tier. Also they made the battles way too fast, bows overpowered, and campaign map tedious.

OOOOUR MEEN AR RUNNING FROM THE BATTREFIERD SHAMEFRUR DISPRAY.

>I liked the small unit roster, it made the factions balanced.

>blocks your path

Attached: shogun14-10.jpg (984x122, 66K)

shogun does rock paper scissors incredibly well. A proper army with a nice mix of units would chew through that. Im not even goning to mention the shitty moral spear ashigaru have.

>A proper army with a nice mix of units would chew through that.

by the time you develop your economy to start teching up, i've already taken your provinces and made you my vassal.

Excellent.

You dont need to develop an economy to beat a single stack of spear ashigaru.

you can buy and maintain 3 yari ashigaru for the cost of single katana samurai, and make twice as many in the time it takes to train.

repetitive as hell

this is getting tedious.
as I said in my first post you wouldnt need katana samurai if any faction could recruit loan sword ashigaru (there are mods that allow it but it brakes the bow sounds when i try to run it). But please get it in your head spear and bow ashigaru > spear ashigaru. If you just take spears you are forced onto the offensive and each guy you lose to an arrow is less moral when the two forces actually meet.

Who Oda master race here?
Takeda genocide best day of my life

plz no bully takeda clan

Attached: kagemusha_20.jpg (500x275, 164K)

>But please get it in your head spear and bow ashigaru > spear ashigaru.

depends on the map and who has defender's advantage, you idiot. bow ashigaru can be easily flanked, especially with a general.

medi2 > rome > shogun2 > the rest

they are weak and shit but their effect on moral is more important than their actual damage. I think rise of the samurai did peasant units brilliantly. They had even less moral than ashigaru. They would charge up to another unit, both sides would lose one or two guys and both units would run away. Actual samurai were hard as fuck, they were the best bow units best sword units and the best horsemen all in one. A single fresh unit would wreck half a winded army of attendants.

It felt like a really good game when I played it but it also made me realize I don't really like Total War games in general.

This. They're focused and as a result limited in many ways, but what they do, they do very well.

I'm doing a playthrough as the Chosokabe with a bunch of mods, including one that makes the map bigger and adds new factions and one that makes the core factions more likely to survive, and it's turned into a very interesting scenario.

Best vanilla TW
The last good looking and also good running campaign map
Great campaign
Fantastic DLC

honestly, its the last really great Total War game. Rome II is okay now desu, but it took them far too long to fix it. What kills it for me is that the campaign map is ugly as shit and runs really bad

Im pretty forgiving of rome 2s faults but i wish i could manage my own fucking garrisons. Atilla was slightly less shit with the garrison buildings but its still all chosen for you.

The automated garrisons are so shit. They are also in the Memehammer games, fuck

>mods cant fix it

Attached: mfw plebs.jpg (400x300, 92K)

If your feeling weeb try out way of the samurai 3
If you are feeling turbo weeb try way of the samurai 4.

Attached: wots4.jpg (1274x714, 588K)

these games got way too goofy after the first one. The most ridiculous thing in the original was the afro samurai but after that they went full gonzo

>I feel very weeb lately.
>Weeb anything

Attached: CABF21F0-89CF-4152-8487-CD034C6ACD48.jpg (757x678, 243K)

Oda is OP as fuck.
>spam ashigaru en masse
>zerg rush auto-resolve everything with 2-3 doomstacks

anyone want to run a coop campaign

I always feel bad when I autoresolve but some fights are just really tedious otherwise and against easy sieges it's actually better to autoresolve than to fight it out.

It's my favorite TW.

How do I get good at TW games?

Autoresolvers don't matter. Unless you're 99% favoured play it out.

Who /hojo/ here?

Attached: 2015-03-18_00004.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

The battles or the economy? generally find out what your faction is good at and do lots of that and find stuff that complements it. As others have said oda is great with ashigaru, so use lots of ashigaru. To make them even better recruit them in a town with a shrine for moral or a smithy for armor.

I bet you dont play hojo for real, can you even triforce?

Still cant be arsed to do Takeda because they're starting province is so limited, Uesugi because their start is just shit, and Tokugawa because relying on the diplomatic bonus is just made to offset the hatred everyone has for you for breaking the imagawa. Maybe it's because easy AI is dumbshit.

Also,otomo because a war on two sides at at start is not fun.

Mori are also kinda boring.

Mostly I just don't know what I should be working towards. I'm not sure which buildings I should construct in which city, or what techs to be researching. I'm not great with organization during battle either, as I'm unfamiliar with the hot keys and layouts.

It's great and fall of the samurai is even better.
It's the last total war before they started to dumb down or remove certain features.

>naval battles
>naval bombardement
>dismounting cavalry for sieges
and the list goes on

It's good but the lack of variety between factions limits replayability.

I usually focus on roads and economic buildings at the start of the game

>Mostly I just don't know what I should be working towards.

just focus and plan on getting an army you think looks cool and fun to play. invest in farms and markets, take land and build your army.

sometimes i want to play a samurai katana army, other times i do a buddhist monk thing, and i build the odd cavalry army now and then.

It's an amazing game but depending on your weebishness, you might not like it.
Thing is, it's great because it flips the finger to any notion of not being a game first, history second.

If you know anything more than "I guess it happened" about the period, you might come off disappointed.

I was really fuckin surprised when i learned that Tokugawa won the war. I wrote them off as a useless faction. If it weren't for shogun i would know nothing about the time period.

Why do people love Fall of the Samuari so much?

I learned about Tokugawa from Kessen on PS2. Since then I always choose Tokugawa to be on the winning side.

Doesn't every Total War give the finger to real history? I thought that was part of the appeal.

The historical factions that would've been hot shit are usually pretty bad if you leave the AI to handle them.

Third best. Rome 2 #1 > Tw Warhammer 1 (tw2 too buggy and incomplete) > Shogun 2

Shogun 2 could have been 2 but it’s last balance patch fucked up archer play badly.