B-but just mute them!

>b-but just mute them!
Turning off one of the games core features (chat) is not something a person should have to do to deal with players behaving in a way that would get them kicked out of any public establishment. No more than saying a person eating in a restaurant should just put in ear plugs if the person next to them is using crass language.

Attached: 1521669949100.jpg (680x586, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4
trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/04n3w2r
gametrics.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The other people playing the game with you paid $60 too. Do you go into movie theatres and say fuck and shit out loud in front of old ladies that paid to see the movie in the same cinema with you?

When you're playing a public game you're in public. Act like it. Also the game is run by a private entity so you have no rights. An online game is not a place for the free exchange of ideas, companies are there to make money and they don't want to deal with cunts ruining the experience for other customers. This has nothing to do with anonymity or any of your rights really.

>2 posters
>1 ip

Attached: really makes.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Why don’t we ban bantering in sports while we’re at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

I am pleased that the shitters are enraged by this

Gag them and leave it at that.
>inb4strawman
No, being against thought police in vidya does not mean you spam "niggerfaggotkike" in chat, nor does it even qualify as banter so fuck off.

Wow it sure is great that we ignored the SJWs and let them take over everything... thanks Sup Forums...

Attached: 1521402868290.jpg (243x195, 13K)

That's pretty toxic of you user.

shut the fuck up autistic_frog, are you going to make this thread every hour?

I actually love this because the only people affected and upset seem to be edgy kids and Sup Forums.

>WTF XBOX LIVE LET ME SAY NIGGER WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE ELSE! HELP ME, GOVERNMENT!

Attached: 1483115139886.gif (120x160, 826)

Like clockwork.

meanwhile blizzard is banning people for posting cartoon frogs on twitter

NIGGA JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER SCREEN IT'S NOT REAL!

Perfectly normal

companies being able to police behavior on their services is not the same as the government being able to.
they will not hurt their bottom line, above all else. corporations freely murder people for money, they don't give a shit about naughty language.
theyre doing this because one jackass who gets off on acting like a cunt on the internet threatens to get multiple paying customers to quit, because getting sperged at is not fun.
if you honestly think this is thought policing, you are an ape who is unable to control themself. This is online services catching up to real life services, as they should.

Edgy kids should be punished but pepe banning is just retarded

>simplifying it as just being upset at no racial slurs
The main issue is what's toxic to some people might not be toxic to others. For example blizzard forcing people to remove memes from their twitter because some people are offended by them. The question I pose to you is this. Why should a select few people decide what constitutes as toxic?

>durrrr not serious business
Judge won't agree with your 90's internet culture.

>you are an ape

*banned for racial slurs and/or discrimination*

In this psycopath's defense, it is a big deal, because even if it DOESN'T "work", the stats proving that one way or another are so unclear (a game using this system could do better or worse for unrelated reasons) people behind it will declare it a success. Then it'll become "industry best practice" and everyone will start doing it otherwise the shareholders who don't know or care about the reality of how things are done will raise a fuss.

See also: Single player linear games getting axed because they aren't easy enough to monetize

Attached: 1518546646330.png (408x327, 91K)

the spawn of tyler 1 and e-celeb drama came from practices like this, sure all of what you said is 100% true and should happen. But were talking about a demographic that gets off on this type of stuff.

I starting to think the agenda is to censor video games from whatever their planning to bring it to wide spread normies in MSM.

I am very glad this happened, now us single player faggots can laugh at all of the multiplayer cucks for the rest of time, you laughed at us for too long

Attached: 200 percent glad.png (497x732, 531K)

Riot made "GG" toxic behavior.

Funny how I play online games 12 hours a day since like 2004 and I have never ever been banned. My tip? Don't be a fucking asswipe. Works great.

let me get this straight : i company named FUCKING RIOT wants to calm the shit down ?

Why do people copy-paste the same posts every time in these threads? Is it laziness, a deliberate attempt at being obnoxious, or are these the so-called shillbots?

>The other people playing the game with you paid $60 too. Do you go into movie theatres and say fuck and shit out loud in front of old ladies that paid to see the movie in the same cinema with you?
>
>When you're playing a public game you're in public. Act like it. Also the game is run by a private entity so you have no rights. An online game is not a place for the free exchange of ideas, companies are there to make money and they don't want to deal with cunts ruining the experience for other customers. This has nothing to do with anonymity or any of your rights really.

So is this just (((Them))) trying to brain washin newfags into willingly gave away their free speech, or 12 years ilds actually belive this?

Because there are enough people that nearly anything could "trigger" them and thus make it toxic. We're at the point where a stupid meme triggers people, and typing gg in chat offends some people. Basic sportsmanship offends people.
Obviously some idiot spamming slurs should be punished, but I think anything beyond a mute is too far. Unless they're a pro player or something. Simply gag the moron and move on.

Exactly my point. I'm not going to say sending people racial slurs isn't toxic but when you try to say shit like "GGEZ" is toxic then I dunno what to tell you. it does not help that Blizzard failed to account for the fact that it's still obvious they said "GGEZ" and in fact made it more enticing to do so. If it's such a big deal to them they could have went about it in a way that wouldn't backfire.

that's not the problem. the problem is where is the line, if there even is one? seems like blizzard just moves it whenever they want. again cartoon frog are bannable offendes because GRRRRR FUCKING DRUMPH ALT RIGHT retards crying wolf.

The main issue is *normal* internet culture vs the baby faggot feelings hurt agenda.

Agree though this is eventually what it's going to be eventually but we really need to read between the lines on what's really going on.

>b-but i-its not the same!!!!
Wait for it. Kek

When Nazi groups like the alt right start flying Pepe as an icon it becomes nazi imagery. The swastika was just the indian symbol for peace but I'm pretty sure everyone acknowledges it as a Nazi symbol now

This.

>DUDE WE'RE GONNA USE PEPE LOL YOU TRIGGERED LIBTARDS?!
>Wtf why do they think Pepe is associated with us now?!

It also encourages a toxic atmosphere of running to the hall monitor/mass-reporting people in the hopes that some vague thing in their chat will get them banned.

Hell since this is all profit motivated I bet some systems will just ban people who have enough reports on them. "Clearly they are causing a problem for our customers, just look at all of these reports!"

>Turning off one of the games core features (chat) is not something a person should have to do
Most games let you mute individual people.

Insults and racist frogs are not protected speech. That's a fact.
If I by madness add libel isn't protected speech either, am I advocating censorship now?

I mean, I may think you're some fucking miscarriage waste that steals every ounce of oxygen it absorbs from more deserving lifeforms, but I understand that there is a place and time to say it. And we have collectively agreed that Sup Forums, for one, is one such place, and that the private property of others - be it company - that do not want such language to be used, isn't.
You seem to think the rules of the community should for some unknown reason defer to your own standards. That's not how it works.

Okay here it is again, do people copy-paste posts mindlessly or is this shilling in real time?

>telling someone constructive criticism is a bannable offense because you hurt their feelings in the process
>What is up with this safe space, baby coddling generation, man up.

>MUH ALT RIGHT BOOGEYMAN

No wonder these retards are drinking soy. They must legitimately think dairy milk is racist.

Sup Forums please go

Muting individual players means turning off a core feature of the game to appease players who are engaging rude behavior. A game that presumably money was paid for. Not acceptable.

>insults are not protected speech
Get this: The definition of what is or is not insulting is vague enough that it can be whatever the brand wants it to be

nice strawman bro

>Sup Forums is one person
>we
>ignored anything political
user, the amount of political fucking bullshit sprayed all over this board every single fucking day is proof that no such thing happened. Fuck off

But if they are "toxic" why would you want to listen to what they say anyway?

prove the frog is racist in the same way milk is.

If people have actually said something, it isn't a strawman. Also, you don't get to cry about strawmen, Sup Forums.

You're still bad at videogames.

The funny part about that is if a system like that does occur you know people will notice and do shit like massive report the devs accounts. Or even just pro players. I've stated it before. I'm not saying people should be allowed to spam racial slurs at people, but to crack down on every little thing the can be seen as offensive is counter productive.

Name one thing Sup Forums did about the SJWs. I'll wait.

Attached: 1517342269205.jpg (199x155, 11K)

>ban "toxic" X individuals from Y
>toxic individuals create Z
>non-banned A individuals on Y celebrate banning
>new draconian policy implemented
>cycle repeats with more wrongthink quashed by banning individuals from group A
>non-banned individuals from group B celebrate banning
This is how the left eats itself and the right gains new members.

>Insults and racist frogs are not protected speech

hate speech IS free speech you commie shit

another one! I didn't even talk about strawmen in my post.

Holy fuck this thread again

What are you even going for? Government intervention? A boycott? Is there even a goal here is it just to vent impotent rage?

I'd honestly rather have Sup Forums then the uptick in SJW posters I've noticed recently.

Is 100% right. If I had make some multi million dollar video game I wouldn't let the community be "toxic" and drive away possible sales. I'd crush them, there will be no free speech under my law.

However, If one of you wants to make a game with a chat function I am perfectly okay with you making a non restricted chat. You free speech fags need to realize that VIDEO GAMES ARE BUSINESS NOW. It isn't like the old days anymore where the community dictates the terms, people nowadays are too sensitive for that shit. Nobody likes oversensitive people but we do like their money, so we will cater to them.

If you want to play an online competitive video game that doesn't censor you or punish you for what you say, go find one more make one, its that simple. I personally don't like the idea society and normalfags got on the internet but I do live in reality and have to acknowledge that is whats going on.

the "Thought policing" is to avoid losing billions of dollars. Business is business. It's not about protecting your right to say nigger. Start a "Say nigger" charity, or something.

Bitches constantly about everything political which includes SJW nonsense. That is by far the opposite of 'ignoring them' that the stupid fucking frog said, you stupid fucking frog

>MUH Sup Forums

not everyone who disagrees with you is a stormfag

Hell I've personally seen people get banned AGAIN for things they had been banned for previously because whiny bads mass-reported them

>Turning off one of the games core features (chat) is not something a person should have to do to deal with
Except that is exactly what you should do. If you can't handle online interactions then you either need to get the fuck over it or hide/mute chat.

Good, any discussion about gg (gamergate) SHOULD be a bannable offense.

>Sup Forums bitched about something

Truly...world ... changing...whoa...

Attached: 1510684226321.jpg (339x280, 31K)

Sup Forums please go

We do. It's called unsportsmanlike conduct.

You agreed to the terms of service, private companies can set their own rules. Or do you rightards not like capitalism anymore when it does things you don't like?

ANOTHER copy paste this is driving me insane.

are 40% of Sup Forums posts bots shilling??? This explains the Coke_Esports comic thread that has tons of sincere replies instead of "FUCK OFF BRAND"

It's unfortunate, but ya gotta remember the people who are actually triggered by shit like Pepe are a massive minority. Most people don't give a shit.

lol

should the phrase "good game" be a bannable offense?

>410586056
>Wow it sure is great that we ignored the SJWs and let them take over everything... thanks Sup Forums...
>great that we ignored them
>ignored them
>ignored
My point is that there was never any ignoring going on. The bitching is not surprising, you stupid fucking frog

>tfw not an edgy underage racist
>tfw don't get bothered by things like this

Attached: 1400930219265.gif (160x192, 1.08M)

I have a strong feeling that Blizzard and RIot games are getting shit on by Pubg and Fortnite to a point where if this agenda does go through it's going to turn out like Lefties calling out people for supporting X. I think this is a platform to verbally discredit and shutdown games.

Sure at first glance of course things like this won't be noticed for what it is, but will cause generation damage even after people get *woke* for what the agenda is doing. It will probably have lagging sub cultures that evolve or spawn after the platform has been destroyed.

Attached: 1508647264078.jpg (608x608, 59K)

>urning off one of the games core features (chat) is not something a person should have to do
Cunt, we had shootan gaems of comparable and even greater complexity for over a decade before voice chat entered the picture. It's a luxury.

People arn't really saying it is illegal, just something that should not be done and could be changed. People complained about lootboxes despite them being legal and surprising EA actually did something about it.

Nice try, using coded language to discuss your misogynist harassment campaign won't fly past anyone with a brain.

Dude these weren't even dumb Sup Forums memes. It was people clowning on bads and saying "Gg close" "I'm gay" "I live in a garbage can"

projecting much?

>Sure at first glance of course things like this won't be noticed for what it is, but will cause generation damage even after people

trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=/m/04n3w2r

gametrics.com/

Also reddit participation and quetimes for each respective game.

I forgot the source where video games are being taken over by BR games and Class Shooters.

this thread again

Fucking christ you people are arguing with literal children. You fucks aren't the center of the universe believe it or not, and the general populace and businesses would rather not have to deal with you retarded faggots. For christs sake businesses have been allowed to kick out whoever the fuck they wanted to since pre colonial times. That's not a violation of freedom of speech, that's protection of private property.

I wonder if these threads are nothing but bots now. Somebody pasted one of my replies from the last thread

>haha it didn't affect me so i don't care XD
years later
>AAAAAAAH THEY'RE COMING FOR ME WTFFFFFF I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING HELP MEEEEE

Attached: 1512285459030.jpg (971x565, 139K)

EA didn't give a fuck until Disney put the gun to their backs.

"good game" = "dinosaur" = "niggers"
"git gud" = "candle holder" ="nigger fagget"

This. When you play a game online, you are participating in a service offered by one or more private entities. These entities are well within their legal rights to ban you from their service for remarks made while using the service. Or for remarks made when NOT using their service. Or for any reason at all, excepting those reasons which are expressly forbidden by US law, and as we've established, there is no US law protecting consumers from denial of service over their speech.

Probably half the 'people' are bots, or HANK.

>UM SWEETIE I REFUSE TO SERVICE ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS A LITERAL NAZI

what's the next lecture? white genocide?
>if only we had kept them out of video games!!!
you Sup Forumstards seriously need to take your meds

Attached: 1521686406128.png (645x729, 77K)

Yeah, because the massive negative PR from people complaining about lootboxes

Yeah its driving me insane. Is this what Sup Forums is now? I was never an avid user but I always respected it for what it was (a shithole where people shitpost constantly and terribly but freely) Then it became Sup Forums infested, which was terrible, but it was still free. Now its Sup Forums with Reddit Characteristics where all discussion is drowned out by bots and people who've had their brains lobotomized by marketers.

>tards
Apologize for that abusive language right now or you will be banned.

If you actually get this aggressively upset about “toxic” behavior in video games then you’re actively making communities less enjoyable to be a part of. The mute button literally EXISTS to keep people that are annoying you out. You SHOULD have to use it if it’s bothering you.

>b-but in real life!!!
Fuck off. I really doubt that anyone who gets this asshurt about comments made over a microphone even goes outside of their house to begin with. Did Sup Forums leak into Sup Forums or something?

show me in the terms and conditions where posting a cartoon frog is a bannable offense.

>waaaaaaaahhhhhhh I want to call people niggers in games

Attached: crying-babies.jpg (270x240, 10K)

Videogames!

Attached: 1480935563198.jpg (1278x1535, 197K)

The whole reason Disney put a gun to their backs is because people were spreading propaganda images on facebook to bait soccer moms into complaining about lootboxes. Surprise the complaining worked.

>businesses have been allowed to kick out whoever the fuck they wanted to since pre colonial times.
not lower-class establishments. and that's party the reason that only rich people have daily restaurants these days. The incongruency here is that whereas everyone, rich or poor, young and old, needs to eat, video games are usually played by poor to middling young men. so if you ban behaviour associated with that group it's not like your market will suddenly swell with 60 year old grandmothers