Info. on Smash and Metroid (Mainly Smash)

>The title for the game hasn’t been chosen yet.

>It's a "new" game, it is being developed by Sora Ltd. and for the first time since Melee, HAL Laboratory.

>The game was not done from scratch, to save time and ensure a much bigger entry in the series, all assets from Smash 3DS / Wii U (including the engine) were taken and tweaked to make for a realistic art-style in the style of Melee and Brawl.

>Bandai Namco was developing the game with Sora Ltd. in very early stages of development but abandoned ship after they were asked to develop Metroid Prime 4.

>Allow me to address MP4 real quick, before being announced this past E3 development had already been restarted several times, it was initially being developed for the Wii U by Retro, but turned into development hell, the project fell apart and Retro decided to work on a new project (The new IP that is coming to Switch, it's an ambitious futuristic stealth / action game codenamed "Novus") MP4 was then handed over to PlatinumGames who agreed to develop it after Star Fox Zero went gold, however Star Fox Zero was a failure and Nintendo got wet feet. It wasn't until Nintendo saw the success of the Switch was being driven by its exclusives that they decided to revive the project for the last time with Bandai Namco and Kensuke Tanabe.

>Going back to Smash, this will be the most ambitious title in the series yet, with nearly every veteran coming back alongside plenty of newcomers and a lot of new and old,
beloved stages included.

>Xander Mobus is back as the announcer and Sakurai would like to see him play the role in future entries.

>Returning veterans that were previously missing are Wolf and Ice Climbers. Dark Pit is coming back as an alternate costume.

>Snake, Cloud, Pichu and Young Link are not coming back.

>Cont.

Attached: ..jpg (1485x737, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/masahiro_sakurais_recent_toy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that you Laura kate dale?

>Some details on other veterans, Ganondorf is finally getting an original moveset. Mario, Link and Zelda are getting brand new movesets, based on Odyssey and Breath of the Wild respectively. Dr. Mario and Toon Link are not going to be affected by the new movesets.

>The newcomers are:

Sceptile, Decidueye, Impa, Vaati, Midna, Tetra, Skull Kid, Chibi Robo, Viewtiful Joe, Dixie Kong, Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman, Rayman, Krystal, Chrono, Dark Mage, Travis Touchdown, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ridley, Rex & Pyra, Springman, Porky, Ninten, Viridi, Chorus Kids, The Doom Slayer, Excitebike, Isaac (Golden Sun), Simon Belmont, Bandana Dee, Magolor, Galacta Knight, Wonder Red, Captain Toad, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Proto Man, Zero, X

Additionally, Ms. Pacman is an alternate costume for Pacman. The President, Britanny and Captain Charlie are alternate costumes for Olimar. Richter and Trevor Belmont are alternate costumes for Simon Belmont.

>Cont.

Attached: 450_1000.jpg (450x236, 19K)

>reused assets
So it’s a port

If all of that is true I would be ok with it.

Ridley?

>The new stages are:

New Donk City (SMO), Cap Kingdom (SMO), Starship Mario (SMG 2), Bowser (M&L 3), Whomp’s Fortress (SM64), The World Tree (XC2), Mechonis & Bionis (XC), The Great Plateau (BOTW), Korok Forest (BOTW), Hyrule / Lorule (A Link Between Worlds), Mind in the Program (Kirby Planet Robobot), World of Miracles (Kirby Star Allies), Argent Energy Tower (DOOM), Gangplank Galleon (DKC), Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario), Shipwreck Shore (DKC Tropical Freeze), Nintendo Land (Nintendo Land), Electrodome (MK8), Cave of the Past (Earthbound), Osohe Castle (Mother 3), Gyromite (Gyromite), Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman Origins / Legends), N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot), Snake Park (ARMS), Camp Triggerfish (Splatoon), Speed City (No More Heroes), Blue Resort (Bomberman 64), Chibi-House (Chibi Robo), Ultra Space (Pokémon SM), Alola Pokémon League (Pokemon SM), Neos City (Pokkén Tournament), Studiopolis Zone (Sonic Mania), Sector Omega (Star Fox Zero), Castlevania (Castlevania), Labyrinth of Deceit (Kid Icarus: Uprising), Sevenfold Sanctuary (Fire Emblem: Fates), Talvania (Metroid Prime: Federation Force), Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime), Musarame Castle (The Mysterious Musarame Castle)

>Feel free to ask me anything, I may be able to answer.

Attached: smash-bros-1-3.jpg (616x347, 83K)

>Doom Slayer
Bullshit, also no Reimu

>Ridley
Nah, it's fake

Source: OP's deep asshole

SOMEONE GET ETIKA ON THE LINE

Attached: GTswi2L.jpg (900x1200, 181K)

It's going to be marketed as a new game.

>all of those newcomers
Nah. I'dr ather wait for my Sakurai pic

>41 newcomers
Kill yourself, 13 year old.

LMAO anyone who believes this is a retard

FOUND YOU FAKER
SEE
YOU DIDN'T PUT INKLING IN NEWCOMERS
FAKE AND GAY

Why ruin your own little roleplay by putting such retarded newcomers?

believed your leak until you started naming literally every character that anyone could want in smash

Everything was believable up until the newcomers.

You dun fucked up, GENO IS COMING BUT NOT CLOUD!? Stfu

someone was really bored today, huh?

You could try harder than this. Fucking 41 newcomers, are you fucking retarded?

>Sceptile, Decidueye, Impa, Vaati, Midna, Tetra, Skull Kid, Chibi Robo, Viewtiful Joe, Dixie Kong, Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman, Rayman, Krystal, Chrono, Dark Mage, Travis Touchdown, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ridley, Rex & Pyra, Springman, Porky, Ninten, Viridi, Chorus Kids, The Doom Slayer, Excitebike, Isaac (Golden Sun), Simon Belmont, Bandana Dee, Magolor, Galacta Knight, Wonder Red, Captain Toad, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Proto Man, Zero, X

Attached: 1443408225354.jpg (813x776, 88K)

k

>Bandai Namco is one developer and can only handle one project at a time
stopped reading here, thank you for putting it all in spoilers so I didnt have to suffer the rest of your idiocy. sage.

>Those newcomers
>Mario & Luigi ever being relevant in Smash outside of music (and mind you, that's only ONE of the many many issues with that stage list)

Attached: Get Out.jpg (500x343, 38K)

>doubling the roster to nearly 100 characters

Attached: 989623.jpg (704x458, 57K)

>Bandai Namco was developing the game with Sora Ltd. in very early stages of development but abandoned ship after they were asked to develop Metroid Prime 4.

Metroid Prime 4 was led initially by Bandai Namco's Singapore studio, not the same team that worked with Sakurai.

tl;dr you're an idiot. This was more evident when you said there are 41 newcomers you fucking retard

Fuck you.

>Retro in such a mess they flop Metroid Prime 4
>Their next game is an extremely ambitious sci-fi game

Yeah no.

I replied to the wrong post, I guess I am the retard

fuck off

>Cloud not coming back
Fake and gay.

Flippy is that you?

>Sceptile, Decidueye, Impa, Vaati, Midna, Tetra, Skull Kid, Chibi Robo, Viewtiful Joe, Dixie Kong, Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman, Rayman, Krystal, Chrono, Dark Mage, Travis Touchdown, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ridley, Rex & Pyra, Springman, Porky, Ninten, Viridi, Chorus Kids, The Doom Slayer, Excitebike, Isaac (Golden Sun), Simon Belmont, Bandana Dee, Magolor, Galacta Knight, Wonder Red, Captain Toad, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Proto Man, Zero, X
>These fucking many new Characters
>When Sakurai himself said developing the few DLC Characters we got was already taking a huge toll on his health
Sure, buddy

got any proof? no? bye

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE HAD A SECOND POST. 41 FUCKING NEWCOMERS LMFAO.

no one is gonna believe you, user
and neither will I
but either way, I'll humor the thread and ask: any details on the changes to Ganondorf?

This is already fake as shit because you're so retarded you can't see separate Bandai/Namco teams working on separate games, but saying suggesting that Hal Labs is working on this again makes it even more obvious. Sakurai won't let them touch his games ever again, especially considering how bad they've become recently.

you blew it

umm 'scuse me, there's nothing wrong with the Kirby games lately, they are all pretty damn great.

But HAL is confirmed to be the developer. It's at the end of the reveal trailer.

>5 new zelda reps, none of them being from BOTW

yeah this is bullshit

HAL being involved is the only thing that gives me hope for this game. Everything else is shit from day 0.

Nope

Attached: portfags btfo.png (1000x4401, 1.1M)

They are extremely repetitive and dull and the style of the games is degrading considerably, although Star Allies is a step up from the previous two, it's standard modern Kirby cluttered acid trip visuals but this time with nice HD effects to carry it. A flashy final boss with plenty of cinematic moments, cut scenes, and QTEs doesn't fix a boring game either.

No, they partly own the IP of the original game. Brawl and Sm4sh had the same thing.

I'll bite, how do you know all this information.

you're soulless, my man. I haven't played Star Allies yet but Planet Robobot was actually amazing. Surprisingly challenging at points in the regular game (post game is a bit of a nightmare) with an amazing finale, as common in Kirby games. I dont see how the style is degrading at all, its all iterative but thats common with games in the same franchise. What exactly do you want out of a Kirby game, I think what they've been doing is pretty much the best they could do with the series.

Wasn't he making a shotting game?
Was it dropped?
Is there a character with a futuristic rifle that can be in smash?

No Sans in newcomers, yep this is fake.

Soulless people aren't compatible with soulless games apparently.

>Sakurai confirms he has been working on the new Smash "day after day in silence."

This poor fucking guy. Can't someone save him? We know he was sick of making these games after Brawl, can't nintendol et him off the hook? I bet there's limited room for creativity, and he feels really bored of it all.

Attached: breaking bad autistic son.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

I wanted
>60fps with tight controls,
>actually challenging moments in the basic gameplay,
>gimmicks that are either completely optional like Helpers in Super Star or really engaging like Robobot.
Instead, I got
>sluggish slowed-down Kirby gameplay with pretty backgrounds and lighting effects, but overly cluttered and unclear special effects with unsatisfying sounds,
>Bosses with the life bar of a Grizzo with weaknesses that they outright give you, on top of incredibly uninspired level design with puzzles that give you all the tools to complete them in the same room or one room back
>Helpers which make every boss a joke and clutter the screen with special effects and reduce the already horrible framerate, which are forced on to you for the friend doors and friend abilities which are roller coasters at best and poorly designed powerups that kill you because they randomly decide to have gravity at worst.

>デラックス
Melee was a port confirmed

>Planet Robobot was actually amazing.
It was serviceable.
>Surprisingly challenging at points
Dude, it's the second easiest game in the series after Star Allies. The only annoying part is the insta kill move at the end of the overly long True Arena (a lot of those bosses could really benefit from brevity, stop going off the screen so often god damn it), but once you know about it it's a cake walk.
The style is trash compared to previous Kirby games. It tries to looks like a noisy acid trip, not a dream. Triple Deluxe is probably the worst looking game in the series, it's gaudy as fuck, only the haunted houses and Sectonia castle look good.

You have terrible opinions. Roboto's environment design is creative and attractive. And your best criticism is "it doesn't look like a dream."

Dude if Sakurai actually played the modern Kirby games he would only resist falling asleep because of how angry the games are making him for being so obnoxious and bland.

>Ganondorf is finally getting an original moveset.

DO NOT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS

>It's a "new" game, it is being developed by Sora Ltd. and for the first time since Melee, HAL Laboratory.

Meleefag detected

Hal can't even make an HD Kirby without LOADING TIMES. Given the turn around for this game, this is obviously being made by Bandai Namco again.

Attached: 043.jpg (600x600, 35K)

ALRIGHT
So who is the newcomer with the rifle Sup Forums??

nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/masahiro_sakurais_recent_toy_purchase_is_related_to_his_current_project

the game's creativity is as limited as he makes it. i'm pretty sure nintendo lets him do what he wants but he's so burnt out on it that he doesn't want to switch things up too much.

>Roboto's environment design is creative and attractive.
It's mediocre "woah giant normal objects woah pollution" shit depicted in modern Kirby's gaudy style, there's nothing creative or good about it.

It's funny because the loading times are actually barely longer than in Robobot and Triple Deluxe, they're just up front about it instead of having the screen stay black.

>shitposting about smash so much that you have to make fake leaks
Keep it to one thread you gigantic faggots.
This is why everyone hates smash autists. You are cockroaches. An infestation into everything that is good.
BeGONE ALREADY, VERMIN.

>>The title for the game hasn’t been chosen yet.
>>It's a "new" game, it is being developed by Sora Ltd. and for the first time since Melee, HAL Laboratory.
>>The game was not done from scratch, to save time and ensure a much bigger entry in the series, all assets from Smash 3DS / Wii U (including the engine) were taken and tweaked to make for a realistic art-style in the style of Melee and Brawl.
>>Bandai Namco was developing the game with Sora Ltd. in very early stages of development but abandoned ship after they were asked to develop Metroid Prime 4.

You literally said nothing new

you niggers are crazy, thank god Nintendo ignores you fags. I could not imagine Kirby not embracing the quantum-space-horror shit it brings into its universe.
As far as style goes, if you really cant tell the difference between the three games, you're fucking blind. There's a lot of creativity in Robobot in particular when compared to Triple Deluxe. The damn city level? Fantastic. Music in all the games is still top notch too.

These newcomers are 99% garbage.

Modern Kirby dicksuckers really are the most obnoxious kids on the web.

If Sakurai truly, really didn't want to work on Smash anymore he would have stopped. Face it the man is a workaholic and can't do anything without literally working himself to death. If anything he needs to learn to sit back and let his people do more work instead of doing absolutely everything himself.

I counted 18 good ones. But 18/40 is still a failing grade.

Why do Smash autist spend so much time rping as Nintendo insiders?

Attached: D806B081-BA3B-4543-AE69-9A33F3A4AF21.png (720x891, 615K)

He doesn't want to work on it but he doesn't want to see someone else ruin it even more.

Take your fucking meds op this is the dumbest made up shit

Attached: bE.png (500x375, 407K)

you were doing SO good
I ALMOST believed you
ya blew it retard
you have to be 13 to think people would believe your retarded newcomers list

Mach Rider? They even have similar color aesthetic.

Attached: machrider.png (556x365, 50K)

>The newcomers are:
>Sceptile
aaaaaaand it's fake

>excitebike
I'm fucking dying.

>these newcomers
Are you a literal retard senpai?

Attached: t.jpg (360x296, 16K)

>Jew Enix letting Nintendo put in Geno while they remove Cloud
yeah right

Shouldn't you be off talking about your fetishes and waifus in your general, nuHal scum?

He's the one ruining it. It's like how when Shiggy gets involved in Nintendo games, they're not the games that people want.

We're sick of Star Fox 64 and we want more depth in out Mario.

All these new characters and still no Monster Hunter.

I don't understand how people on Sup Forums make infographics like this and don't feel embarrassment, regardless of their stance.

Attached: 1519066593503.jpg (333x500, 126K)

>all those Kirby characters
>not a single one is a Sakurai character
>specifically not Marx

Also, why the fuck would all those captains be Olimar alts, but no Louie in any form?

What's embarrassing about it? As if ordinary discussions on Sup Forums are any less autistic.

This list of newcomers is fucking retarded. The very concept that Megaman would get 3 fucking new reps is dumb enough as is, but then Square gets 2 new reps and Sceptile is added for no reason.

this. way too good to be true

If anything he needs to be far more controlling than he was last time, he allowed development to get split between two systems which really hurt both versions, and he allowed his animefag drones to run wild putting in Fire Emblem and that hurt the roster.

You were going so well until you listed the newcomers. That screams fanmade as fuck, like a smash fan project or something. At least there's no sans in it

It's not so much the infograph itself as it is the idea behind it and the presentation.
"I made my opinion into an infograph, therefore it must be correct." That's what goes through every one of these people's minds, and then anons who agree with it spam it like it's law.

Or maybe it was made into an infographic to be concise and repostable. You sound like the autistic one to me, getting offended by the existence of an image instead of focusing on the content of it.

HE'S the one responsible for all the Fire Emblem. He mentioned being really addicted to Awakening.

Also, his wife designed the confusing main menu.

Face it, Sakurai's a hack. He keeps saying he wants to stop making Smash, but Nintendo's not forcing him to or anything. He's the one who keeps popping in going, "Ugh, fine. I GUESS I'll make another one."

>confusing main menu
>confusing
Are you 6?

Are you retarded? Where is the options? Games and more? What the fuck does that mean? A good menu would be: Single Player, Multiplayer, Options. That's it.

Attached: Smash_Bros_Wii_U_Main_Menu.jpg (640x358, 70K)

>HE'S the one responsible for all the Fire Emblem. He mentioned being really addicted to Awakening.
He also mentioned that he didn't want Corrin, and he probably wanted less than that, but his insects insisted and Sakurai wasn't strong willed enough to say no.

>Also, his wife designed the confusing main menu.
Good thing they split up.

>Face it, Sakurai's a hack.
He's not perfect, but he's one of the best active game designers. He actually regularly plays games for fun, and gives every game he designs his all. Every Smash game is great to good in some way (although Brawl suffers from poorer gameplay based on the Wii controller, and Smash 4 was gimped due to being split between two consoles, they're both still great games), Kid Icarus Uprising is a wonderful experience, and his Kirby games are still the best designed, most ambitious, and most creative by far even after all these years.

Where in the trailer did it actually say they were in the new smash?

Games and more is literally the most confusing thing about the menu. Having it be Smash, Online, Options and Extra would be fine.

The options are where they've always been, behind the character select screen.

>like 30 fucking newcomers
why are nintendo fans so dumb

>like anyone believes this