Should I do it? I'm scared guys, that's a lot of money for me, these games better be REAL fucking fun

Should I do it? I'm scared guys, that's a lot of money for me, these games better be REAL fucking fun.

Pros
-I know I'm 100% going to buy a switch at some point for pokemon/smash on switch, so by delaying my purchase all im really doing is denying myself of games temporarily for no reason
-I really want to play Kirby and kind want to play Pokken and Mario
-Spending 5-600 dollars on a Switch next year isn't going to be any less painful than it is now so it doesn't even benefit me to wait

Cons
-That's 50 hours of work for something I don't even need. Those games better be REAL fucking fun? What if I don't even like Odyssey?

Attached: switch.png (1447x913, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#518755d64e0d
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kirby is shit, get MK8D instead

I'l give you some real fucking advice before the console war soy shitposting begins.

If you want something and you can afford it, buy it.
If you aren't sure about something, then don't buy it.
Only buy shit if you're completely sure that you won't regret it

You make 10 bucks an hour? Holy fuck, get a big kid job.

get splatoon 2 and the mario game lad

Kirby is bad, trust me. The 3ds games are way wwaaaay better

Wait for the price drop like a sane person

I make 12, but it's effectively 10 because of taxes.

I stay there because of how easy it is. I sit down my entire work day and I can watch movies and shows while I work, and I can usually complete work days almost without interacting with anyone at all since I work mostly alone, and there's not a single female working at the factory so I don't have to look good or anything. It's so comfy.

I don't like Splatoon or Mario Kart. I'm worried about Odyssey though, what if that type of gameplay hasn't aged well? It doesn't look better than sunshine to me, what if it's boring? Do I NEED a normal controller? The joycons look awful to play with, I've never held one.

Also Kirby is pretty much the same game every time, I have no reason to believe I won't enjoy it.

The 3ds games had great level design and a lot of cool ideas. This one is just like Kirby for Wii . its bad and boring.

Play the demo before you buy it
its free

Opinions:
Drop the Pro, Kirby, and Pokken. Odyssey is easily better than, if not equal 64 (the best 3D Mario). Pick up a $50 eShop card and snag some of the better indie games when they're on sale (Stardew Valley, Golf Story, Darkest Dungeon, to name a few) and maybe get XB2 or BotW (if you didn't own it on Wii U already) and you'll have plenty to last you for a while.

Maybe it's because I'm high but I can't possibly see it being bad. It looks so colorful and fun, and it has Marx.

Man, you’re an idiot. I make $33/hr doing even less than that. You don’t sound like someone qualified to make smart decisions. Ask your mom if it’s okay to get the switch.

Shut the fuck up normalfag its rough out there at least I'm not a NEET you can't talk to me this way I contribute to society too I deserve respect why don't YOU hook me up with a job then if it's so easy

Attached: 1449826195094.png (808x805, 32K)

Instead of wasting your time on a Vietnamese knitting forum, maybe go out and get some discernible skills? You’re gonna go nowhere if $500 remains “a lot of money”.

don't buy it, you seem like you'd be too anxious to enjoy it. i feel like you'd be thinking to yourself "please be fun, please be fun" the whole time up until you load up the game.

forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#518755d64e0d

So 63% of people are losers?

what kind of games do you like, OP?

I'd get zelda rather than kirby but idk if you've played it already

Oh well, I guess I can't convince you.

You will probably have fun anyway.

I have a Wii U and I haven't played Breath of the Wild yet, so I should just be honest with myself and admit I don't care about the game at this point. I outgrew Zelda after Wind Waker I think, I haven't had interest in one yet.

This is the strongest point against me doing it because you hit the nail on the head. I'm 100% going to fuck up the experience for myself by worrying about that too much.

Buy the Switch, when it is on sale. Buy games during buy2, get 3 deals.

How often does Nintendo stuff go on sale? I haven't noticed a sale.

I've heard little praise for the new Kirby, it's completely safe and tries nothing new. But you seem very intent on it, so get it and have fun. Odyssey is sick, and an essential for the Switch. I promise you will like it. Joycon controllers are great, you can put them in the grip for a traditional controller style, but loose is very comfortable too. A Pro controller isn't necessary.

On a separate note, you work for money so you can buy stuff you want. Don't feel guilty for spending your own money on things you want.

I have decided. I bought it all. 542 dollars and it will all be in on sunday. It feels like I made a terrible choice but god damn it, as an american, it's my god damn right to waste money on stupid shit I don't need. Thanks for trying to help me guys, and sorry for those of you I let down. I gave into the temptation. I guess if I had good willpower to begin with, I wouldn't be this much of a broke loser like that guy said.

Enjoy your Switch, user. Also remember that there are good demos on the eshop. The Puyo Puyo Tetris one alone is great for mp with friends.

>Outgrew Zelda
>wants Kirby and Mario

Jokes aside, if you like 64 and Sunshine, you'll probably like Mario. I got pretty bored of it and felt like "I better keep playing so I don't feel like I wasted $60," but I'm more a fan of Galaxy and even 3DWorld, so expected that going in and I'm probably not the best person to give my opinion.

Kirby is Kirby. It's pretty short, but it's good for what it is and they'll be adding stuff to it too.

Well in that case I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially in the long run. There's a lot of cool games in the eShop too. And I know you said you aren't interested, but I really think you should reconsider Zelda.

>There's a lot of cool games in the eShop too.

Oh shit! That reminds me I wanted to play tha new bomberman too! And yeah, I am the opposite of you, I preferred 64 and sunshine and didnt even like the galaxy games.

if you're looking for new, exciting experiences, mario and kirby are more of the same, and zelda feels really different

the person who mentioned getting an eshop card is right

Wasn't there a coupon for ebay like a week ago that you could use to order a brand new Switch from legit retailers for like 250 bucks?

>I stay there because of how easy it is. I sit down my entire work day and I can watch movies and shows while I work, and I can usually complete work days almost without interacting with anyone at all since I work mostly alone, and there's not a single female working at the factory so I don't have to look good or anything. It's so comfy.

you need to take a good hard look at your life user. Not exactly setting the world on fire with ambition are you.

I'm not. I think I'm a broken man, I'm unable to put effort into anything. I'm also addicted to fast food....

Be the 37% then, faggot.

What is wrong with burgerland?

Odyssey > Xenoblade 2 > M+R > Splatoon 2 > BOTW > Pokken >>> Arms >>>>>>>>>>> Kirby

If he makes enough money to live off and actually likes his job, he's doing better than a lot of people. No one looks back on their life from their deathbed and wishes they had spent more of their life working.

WHY IS EVERYONE SHITTING ON KIRBY SO MUCH!? TELL ME WHY

Attached: 1424441747008.png (900x900, 473K)

Drop the Pro Controller, Kirby and Pokken for the initial purchase. Both Kirby and Pokken have demos on eShop that you can try for free, and you should probably wait with the Pro until you know for sure if you like the console or not. Odyssey is a must have for Switch tho.

Why didn't you pull the trigger when eBay was 25% off everything.

It's basically the same as the 3DS games, but in 30 FPS with less levels and it costs $60, not to mention the friendly AI making the game play itself

I haven't posted anything about Kirby in thread yet but I've only tried the demo for a second and didn't like how the helpers do so much automatically. It's probably awesome in four-player mode though, without the ai doing everything for you.

>that's a lot of money for me
Then don't do it you fucking retard.

Its boring and Kirby never had a good game

There's a lot wrong with burgerland ever since the meme president came in.

If I play with two players can we just have two or would we have to have two AI guys?

get BotW instead of Kirby.
The other games on the list are okay, but even Odyssey is just barely a 7/10 while BotW is unironically a masterpiece

Judging from the demo, I think there will be points in the game where you need four characters but maybe you can make two characters disappear as long as you don't need them.

Also, download the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo for 2-4 player fun. And the Snipperclips one for 2 players, even thought the latter is kind of short and doesn't offer replayability, it's fun for like 15 or so minutes.

If you think Trump caused the current economy you're either completely composed of soy or too young to post here

Which one Nixon?

If you want to save money on videogame purchases in the future, make sure to make use of webisites that compare current prices and keep you updated on coupons and stuff like that. I'm in Europe but I bought my Switch for almost 100 Yurobucks off the recommended price thanks to a website like that.

Like said, there are points where you will need one or more helpers, but these are usually puzzle type things (odd since the CPU can usually just figure it out) and you can get rid of them as soon as the section is done. So in essence I'd say yes you can play most of the game with just a friend or yourself.

Look into Best Buy's gamers club, if you bought those 3 games you'd already have your money back (it costs 30 bucks) and you'd be able to buy all your switch games for 20% for the next 2 years. Pre ordered smash for 38 bucks with it (and a deal they're having on pre orders).

*For 20% off