Star Wars Open World game in development

gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-open-world-game-in-the-works-at-ea-accor/1100-6457652/

Star Wars Open-World Game In The Works At EA, According To Job Listing

Attached: swopenworld.png (1280x529, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VDIYIlhdZGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>EA

Attached: 1497716199366.png (417x578, 195K)

""""""""""""""""""""in-game footage""""""""""""""""""""

climb towers to reveal loot crate locations

>EA

Those fucks should have the Star Wars license taken away from them after what they did to Battlefront II.

yeah right lol

kek

>anime pictures

Won't buy after battlefront 2 I can't even fucking connect to there servers anymore fuck them

Oh man i'm so HYPED
I hope i can climb towers, pick flowers and craft gear that gives 0.00005% stat increase.
PREORDER WHEN

Isn't this the one that got canned awhile ago?

Only EA can fuck up the same title twice.

Poor battlefront 2. fuck it hurts.

Attached: 6556_zrWfBet1Fg_gadgetzan_before.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>EA

Then again, Starwars is overrated but I feel for the fans.

Attached: 1452228829174.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Thats more Ubisoft

Honestly, what fucking dev would do star wars any justice at this point. And given how shitty the new movies are, Disney and EA are a perfect fit for each other.

>open world
>EA

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (240x320, 14K)

Yes.

And read about all the recent attempts at games that aren't Battlefront. This won't end well.

Project Ragtag sounded cool as hell and the "sabotage" gameplay sounded intriguing.

Man, James Chen is getting old.

What are your expectations? I'll start

>you can only be human

>Nu-StarWars
Oh yeah, can't wait to see the new Disney characters forced into another Star Wars MMO.

>Can't go Sith

>EA
>open world
Next you're telling me it's a crafting/survival game too

>no character creation

Arkane. I'd be so down for an Arkane Star Wars game, you wouldn't believe it.

Female protagonist

I don't know about justice, but everything is better than EA. Even Ubisoft would honestly be better, because their games are mostly decent, even though it's always design by committee.

EA needs to lose the license period.

i couldnt care less about nu star wars
entire franchise is dead

>but everything is better than EA

Except Warner Bros., they're the one publisher worse than EA.

>EA

Attached: 1510612737186.jpg (443x395, 19K)

How so? Just curious.

>EA
>Nu-StarWars

Attached: cetateanul.png (692x724, 903K)

The developers who made good open world games owned by EA was Pandemic, which was shut down

Star wars sucks

>caring about Star Wars in the Age of the Mouse
You're just gonna hurt yourself in the end.

Give it to Rocksteady. A Star Wars game with their attention to detail would at least give us an interesting world to explore.

Again? Which studio are they gonna kill this time?

Eh, while I wouldn't mind a The Division-style Star Wars game, I really don't feel like they would get it right. look at most of their games, for the most part the settings they take place in a very small, a city or two at most. With star wars, one of its big points is that it tells little stories across an expansive universe, and if the game doesn't capture that felling of being a part of a wider galaxy, it makes it fell kinda empty. But then again, I'm obnoxiously particular about star wars games, so maybe they could pull it off.

but then the recent GTAs have been mediocre as hell

I just want a prequel era RPG with the RPG elements of KOTOR and the combat of Jedi Outcast/Academy.

Attached: 1521743408286.jpg (1424x648, 88K)

Not Rockstar. I said Rocksteady. The Batman Arkham guys.

Well they are trying to make a super ambicious Avatar game for next gen and then there's Beyond Good and Evil 2. I really think they could make something decent, they are eh ok: the company after all.

I just want EA to fuck off.

Inb4 it gets cancelled.

Didn't it get cancelled once already?

Will be cancelled like most Star Wars games. Get hyped for Battlefront 3 in 2019.

Rocksteady has nothing to do with GTA

>Well they are trying to make a super ambicious Avatar game for next gen
Ambitious by AAA standards usually means some interesting mechanics but overall the game is still bland.

It already got cancelled when EA shitcanned visceral. They're rebooting it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>open world

>ea
>nuwars
no thanks

>star wars
>open world
>EA

Attached: 1498244834657.gif (200x150, 360K)

>anyone can use LS
>laser arcs
>forced diversity for empire
>fast travel behind a paywall

>forced diversity for empire
Would you prefer the evil empire to be made up of nothing but CIS white males and only by uniting with a diverse cast of people of every race and creed?

Who cares? is never going to be Star War: Galaxies. Damn I still hate Sony for fucking up the perfect Star Wars game.

sentence should have ended with "will the heroes prevail?"*
No idea how I missed that

>be massive corp with massive budget
>get exclusive rights to a massive IP
>literal license to print money

>fuck it all up
>again and again and again
>fuck it all up to the point games of that IP damn near die just from how bad you fucked it

>somehow investors still buy your shitty stock

I really don't get why people still hold this stock. EA should've gone out of business when they lost nearly 2/3 of their stock value in a month.

Everything's riding on this and Anthem. If neither of them are good, then EA is finished.

Pretty sure their shitty rehashes of sports games will keep them afloat for years to come.

>ywn lightsaber fight with general grevious

Attached: 1422220683083.jpg (400x400, 11K)

>open world

Attached: 1518233665303.webm (1024x768, 2.98M)

Maybe not.

They got bruised pretty badly due to the NFL lawsuit, more sports will probably follow suit.

Plus, sports games dont sell quite as well as they used to thanks to the rehashing.

>open world

Oh no they fell for the meme we are doomed

THIS IS PEAK BUGMAN

But will it have the best race playable?

Attached: 220px-Ahsoka_Tano.png (220x233, 62K)

Woah wait, anybody still cares about Star Wars after what happened to it with nucanon, last movie butchery and those fucking piles of shit EA shit out?
I fucking forgot this setting exist.

Attached: 1507158237046.jpg (306x513, 53K)

>ea
>Online features
>open world
Well they can add the last nail in the coffin by using the nu star wars setting.

That pic is from the canned Visceral game, not the new one.
youtube.com/watch?v=VDIYIlhdZGY

neckbeard that hated the Last Jedi.

Of course it will invariably feature mary sue rey and her merry band of retards

When will they realize nobody fucking likes nu wars

i miss when "open world" wasn't just an euphorism for "lazily copy and paste the same boring activities and make everything grindy so that we can slap microtransactions in it"

EA is simply too big to fail, they still have their claws sunk into some profitable IPs

Nothing short of an industry wide crash can save us from this fucking company from hell

Attached: 1471148264613.png (366x263, 72K)

Let me play a sith, or no deal

Platinum games.
Maybe the guys that did shantae

>bamham star wars
off yourself.

>EA is simply too big to fail
not really. How many studios and "active" IPs do they even have left? Bioware is all but assured to be killed after Anthem either comes out. So what does that leave them aside from the obvious SportsBall18™.

Warner Brothers are bad but it seems like smart developers know how to confuse the suits at them

Injustice 2 is constantly patching in free content and although it lets you pay for source crystals that can buy shaders for your characters, I think they forgot to mention to the publisher that you are literally unlocking those same shaders for free either via random rewards or by multiverse events that give them as a reward. The only content you actually have to pay for are the golden/silver shaders that are apparently at least to some extent contributing to the tournament pots and the DLC characters themselves obviously

>fast travel behind a paywall
Nobody would ever do this unless it was a free to play game right?

Nah

Attached: 1521583491423.jpg (1579x4096, 1.04M)

What lawsuit?

>EA
>HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO TEACH YOU A LESSON OLD MAN!

>Open-World
Oh boy. Can't wait for the game to follow the Open world checklist™

This is how it will be marketed:

>cinematic
>open world
>character driven
>choice
>crafting
>cosmetic items
>relationships
>random encounters
>random and infinite quests
>meet the characters we all know and love from the movies

This should tick most of the AAA boxes

Attached: enthusiastic-man-giving-thumbs-up-gesture-bearded-young-wearing-glasses-approval-success-as-looks-ca (957x1300, 116K)

YOUR CHOICES SHAPE THE WORLD
REBUILD OR DESTROY
WHICH SIDE WILL YOU CHOOSE?

>EA

Attached: 1335738798166.png (212x236, 51K)

>EA is finished
EA Sports exists. It will keep them afloat for years unless the sporting leagues themselves start opening their own videogame divisions.

no matter how you guys cringe at the idea, normies are probably creaming their pants on the idea and will most likely fall for it like always

Attached: 1447431553408.jpg (204x281, 11K)

Sportsball 18 is why they won't go under.

Lets hope Warner Bros doesn't catch on then.

Bethesda

>So what does that leave them aside from the obvious SportsBall18™.
>So what does that leave them aside from the obvious GIANT ETERNAL MONEY PRINTER THAT LETS THEM BUY CORRUPTION LICENSES AND NEW IPS TO RAPE FOREVER
Let's think about this together user and see if we can't come up with some ideas ok?

Attached: 1348150316559.jpg (645x773, 42K)

>CDPR
>Sucker Punch
>Rocksteady
>Wayforward in charge of Super Star Wars remake
>Obsidian

sportsball may print money thanks to yurop, but EA need more or investors will accuse them of stagnating.

>Disneywars
even the prequels were better than this crap

Attached: 1472788107358.jpg (495x507, 26K)

The point though is that the moneyprinter lets them in turn sucker in fresh IPs to plunder. That's always been the strategy. They always sing their sweet song about
>yeah you guys will totally be an AUTONOMOUS UNIT within EA with a FREE HAND ;D
>we're just HELPING you reach your TRUE POTENTIAL with our funding
etc etc and offer the owners a big wad of cash. Then they integrate it and squeeze it dry over the next 4-8 years or whatever. It's not like this is some new strategy. They didn't "run out of IPs" after raping origin and bullfrog and westwood all the rest. Until I see firm signs that not only is all their current stuff played out (again) but that ALSO the world has wised up/changed enough that they can't get anything else I won't believe the demon has been so much as sealed let alone slain.

Attached: 1406994976509.png (1112x1000, 307K)

>EA

Attached: 1497154197954.jpg (188x147, 18K)

>EA

Attached: 1506108226780.png (680x750, 135K)

Attached: 1515259997971.jpg (247x404, 26K)

>game is just more Wanking nu-starwars's lightning

it's not like open world games are safe from loot crates these days, I suppose.

Attached: 1285368023609.jpg (219x265, 26K)

FromSoft

You're probably serious too. What a sad state for videogames in the west.