Owns a controlling majority stock in activasion, who owns blizzard

>Owns a controlling majority stock in activasion, who owns blizzard
>Owns a controlling majority stock in riot games
>Controls nearly the entire Chinese game market, which contains several MMOs that make even more money than Wow
>Due to being based in China they are 10 times more scummy, more deceitful, and capable of unethical business practices than any Japan or Western company in history. Have been known to engage in scams and raceketeering that even EA wouldn't have the guts to try. Speaking of EA....
>This year they made more money than EA, yes EA got out jewed and their executives are in a panic. There's only 4 game companies in the world even close tencent's power. One of them is Valve and the other 3 manufacture consoles.

How have people not heard of this monster?

Attached: ten cent.jpg (640x425, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUIbOWcvBBg
youtube.com/watch?v=PzKQuURLPxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everybody has
They're chinese so nobody can really do anything about their monopoly except the chinese government, who don't give a fuck.

Most people have at least heard their name. There was a big fuss when they became the majority shareholder for LoL.

A lot of their stuff is for the Chink domestic market which doesn't really spill over into the west at all. Try to name 5 games you play that were directly affected by tencent.

>10 times more scummy, more deceitful, and capable of unethical business practices than any Japan or Western company in history.

Do you have any examples of the shit they did that's "ten times worse"? The west has set a pretty high bar in recent memory.

World of Warcraft
Overwatch
Call of Duty
Hearthstone
Diablo 3

That's what owning Activision-Blizzard gets them

Sony is above of all other game companies, yes above Tencent. Why pay attention to #2?

youtube.com/watch?v=UUIbOWcvBBg

1 Discord should be sufficient enough.

And what are you gonna do?
Boycott them?

Attached: smug7.jpg (859x720, 160K)

That wasn't the point. Yeah they "own" a lot of stuff on paper and I'm sure they're doing SOMETHING with that influence but has it actually manifested itself in a way that you can clearly tell is Tencent's doing?

Like what in CoD or WoW has changed directly because of them since they became majority shareholder.

So a shitty knockoff that nobody in the west has even heard of, let alone plays, is somehow worse than western devs actually fucking us over?

What. Sup Forums told me nintendo could buy sony?

It's just an example. They have tons of games which are stolen from western developers. if you don't see the problem with that there's nothing I can do to convince you of anything

They don't really do anything. The point of their company has always been to own a big piece of a cash cow and just let them do their thing while passively getting a cut. They're just an investment group. The companies aren't being directly influenced by them, they're just shooting themselves in the foot with their own shitty decisions. The only scary thing is them also being behind WeChat.

Chinese bugmen are taking over the world and there's nothing you can do about it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

>SONY UNGA NINTENDO BUNGA

ChinkStation when?

Well maybe you shouldn't play shitty games then

What do you play?

It's not like any their knockoffs are outcompeting western games. Like I get stealing IP is bad but the actual impact it has on me is minimal compared to the devs of the games I actually play nickel and diming me at every corner. What the fuck should I care that chinese pubg/hearthstone/that DotA clone with shrek exists? It's not like I want to play those games or with their audiences anyway.

they usually give freedom to their devs and don't kill off companies just because they're slightly underperforming.

They do have massive control when it comes to Chinese government though, like actually being able to arrest hack developers in China, but in general they just invest, unlike EA. EA buys your community beloved company, runs it to the ground with unrealistic deadlines, little funding, and greedy microtransactions, and then kills it off, they have a track record of doing that. Tencent has yet to do that, in fact they recently took Paragon, a game Epic (which tencent owns 40% of) left for dead and revived it for the asian market

PC is the only environment these chink companies can thrive. Their whole business model is based around stealing from others and in any framework that has quality control and rules, that shit doesn't fly.

Sony is top, Tencent Second, and I think 3rd is EA.

emulators and hentai games

>they recently took Paragon, a game Epic (which tencent owns 40% of) left for dead and revived it for the asian market

>loved the fuck out of paragon
>had over 500 hours
>Chinks still get to play it while I'm shit out of luck

Attached: 1495685990996.png (543x600, 162K)

are you the actual graphics guy?

How about those tariffs eh?

tencent also controls pretty much all the main social media platforms in china. tencent is pretty much a chinese media monopoly that controls everything they consume. imagine if google and facebook combined and owns all the companies that make the games you like

>google + facebook + ea
oh god

CHINA
WILL
GROW
LARGER

This game has 80 million players.

For context Dota 2 has about 10 million and League has about 12 million.

youtube.com/watch?v=PzKQuURLPxg

Watch it. Than look back at the numbers. Than watch it again.

The moment all the kids move on from fortnite br, Epic is left to not knowing what the fuck left to do in the game world. They cashed in hard on the br craze and picked up the teen/kid market, but that market fades just as hard. Fortnite BR still suffers from epic's mentality of stubborness (sharing servers for all games, making servers go down more often than even pubg, making the game even more casual than the br mode already is to the point where you don't even need to aim anymore because your shots don't land where you aim and shotgun rushing is more reliable).

So don't worry, fortnite br will die out, and Epic is already killing off every game not fortnite br (even STW is slowly dying), paragon's not dying alone

And I thought Dota and LoL looked bad.
How the fuck does this have 80 million players?

Why do chinks have such bad taste and willingly accept shit and poor practices?

>The moment all the kids move on from fortnite br, Epic is left to not knowing what the fuck left to do in the game world

LOL Do you realize how much fucking money they make off Unreal Engine 4?

Epic barely even cares about making games anymore. They get more return on their investments by focusing on the engine than they do with pretty much every game minus Fort nite.

They don't know anything else

>It's just an example.
Thanks for the example. It's pretty weak and unconvincing, but I trust you and believe what you're saying now.

Don't forget Ubisoft, they just acquired a decent chunk a few days ago when Vivendi dumped its stock.

Prefer chinks than diversitydrones. Not bad news here.

They don't have a controlling stake in Activision, only a few partners and a small stake

Diversity Drones can still make decent"ish" games, and at the very least adhere to common rules and practices.

Insectoids are just kikes without rules or any form of humanity at all.

>How have people not heard of this monster?
No fucking way man, they have their hands on fucking everything nowadays.

shut the fuck up xhang go play King Of Glory

Yeah but thats a mobil game. Everyone has a phone nowendays

Man that name just reeks china

>bought Supercell for 10 BILLION dollars
>soon after matchmaking in Clash Royale was overhauled
>CoC was ruined a couple years before that with the TH11 update
reminder that Tencent is making their own AI and using games to mess with peoples emotional state as a social "experiment"

Good to know you've taken an extra strength suppository bluepill, user. Please continuing worrying about "diversity drones" while the corps bring you the Best Possible Experience.

In 20 years Tencent will own China and probably a large portion of the rest of the world. It's going to be interesting to see a company effectively become the major world power by buying shit out and then using the profit to buy more shit out to get profit to buy more shit out. Tencent is the logical conclusion of capitalism. Growth that creates growth that never stops.

explain? proofs?

It'll be fun to see that despot Xi put his money where his Maoist mouth is.

>Xi
>Maoist

I own some stock for Tencent, which got absolutely assblasted this week (I bought at 61). Long run they'll eventually own everything in the game industry though so dgaf

Tencent is way more important and powerful than just Video Games

It's just going to be the Chinese Google, if anything.

Activision is owned by Activision Blizzard, and they are self owned. Do you people just pretend to be retarded or something?

Sony was #2 years ago and Ten makes more than them even now as far as revenue and profit is concerned.