Should I take Jan or Edwin to TOB? I'll have Imoen as well

Should I take Jan or Edwin to TOB? I'll have Imoen as well

Attached: images-44.jpg (149x207, 8K)

The guy who wrote Jan wrote this thing. Feels bad to even think about it.

Attached: latest[1].png (1167x900, 940K)

Remove Imoen, take Jan.
Jan is one of the most overpowered BG2 characters desu
>manlet saving throw bonuses
>illusionist extra spell slots
>thief hlas and all the skill points
>ridiculous unique gear that gives him 25% phys DR amongst other bonuses

Edwin is mechanically the most powerful mage in the entire trilogy, and funnier than Jan. Take him.

Why did you have to enlighten me on this subject
Now I'll never be able to forget

Attached: 3 CHA 18 CHA.png (1181x1026, 1.8M)

I want to take Imoen for story stuff in ToB though

>I want to take Imoen

Attached: Imoen.png (519x1093, 948K)

replaying BG2 this is the first playthrough I've done after finishing PST I can see they took alot of ques from PST, the writing is much better than the first game, easter eggs, lots of dimension hopping, never noticed the acting troupe was from sigil before either

>the guy who wrote "le so randumXD" character wrote another obnoxious character

Protip: Jansen is funny only if you're a fucking kid which is the age most of you were when you played BG2.

He's still better than Minsc.

Go solo.

>Should I take Jan or Edwin to TOB? I'll have Imoen as well

Imoen isn't good enough to do thief stuff for TOB so you either bring another thief (multiclass is fine too) or you take Jan instead of Edwin if you're set on bringing Imoen.

Source?

BG2 Minsc anyway. BG1 Minsc's randomness wasn't nearly so contrived.

Jan has depth kys

remove Imoen and take both.

>BG1
>reach level 2
>rush Ankhegs
>rush Basilisks
>rush Durlag Horrors and Basilisks
>rush Sirines and Golems
Comfiest

This, he's double-bottom kind of guy.

>can't be a ranger /druid
2e is weird

You can't be a virgin vegetarian nature lover and chad meat-eating hunter at the same time.

>rangers must be good aligned
fucking aragorn ruining it for everyone

You can dual-class ranger/druid. For multiclasses, there's too many overlapping nature powers. You could be a fighter/druid or ranger/cleric though.

What would bad aligned ranger be like?

I forgot how slow rangers leveled, what level should I be at the end of SoA? I mostly use 4 man I have 2 big quests left before I give gaelen the dosh, windspear and planar sphere will be using six for those, I'm level 13 will I hit SoA cap?

And why is TOB cap so fucking high? What level should I aim to reach in that? This was alot easier on my monk that fucker leveled fast as shit

Remember Sup Forums, no more than 4 Ankhegs per party.

Attached: ankhegs cute.png (1200x900, 1.18M)

arent dnd rangers solely based on aragorn

Attached: bishop___neverwinter_nights_2_by_isbjorg-d2w1pqe.jpg (1024x704, 302K)

>You can dual-class ranger/druid
Not in the game

Their kinda like witchers as well. They prowl the lands and hunt monsters, though they usually do it out of moral obligation.

>tfw game breaking bug I've never seen the last ~15 years
>no idea which mod is causing it.
>no idea which mod

>What is Winski Perorate's Flame Strike automatically game-over killing the PC, regardless of magic or fire resistance, after the first fight with Sarevok at the Duchal Palace at the 98% complete point of the game?

>once again can't be bothered to do the totsc content and just want to finish asap

Take Edwin. With the equipment you can find Imoen does everything you need from a thief.

totsc content is good besides durlags tower

It's boring

Why wouldn't you want all that good gear so you can do the inventory cheat and begin BG2 with all your sweet BG1 armor and weapons and charged wands?

The island is pretty cool. What's boring about it?

>inventory cheat
Might as well use Shadowkeeper
No good loot, mostly dumb melee enemies that pose no threat

wolfweres are xp bags though

>No good loot, mostly dumb melee enemies that pose no threat
Have you tried playing with SCS?

I'm gonna try Dragonspear, what should I expect?

what happens if you kill more

Originally, yes. Shit evolves as jackasses tamper. Rangers have been particularly schizophrenic in DnD as regards their role, never as well defined or detailed as paladins. I think they're best viewed as woodsy paladins and paladins as city paladins, both being divine tweaks on fighters.

>help little boy find his dog
>he's actually a powerful demon longing for his lost hellhound
what the fug, Albert could have easily ended the bhaalspawn, I guess even demons care for man's best friend

i prefer edwin for a mage but jan jansen is pretty funny an is what, thief/illusionist?

>i-it's good with mods
>>>/tesg/

To contract AIDs.

The bhaalspawn is still mortal and must go through trial and error to power

where can i find these comics?

a fanfic-tier baldur's gate game which will rape your fond memories of the original saga

I've never played any Baldur's Gate game before. Is the enhanced editions any good? Will I be fine playing BGII without playing the first one? A friend wanted me to get BGII:EE so we could play it together

There are only two.

Attached: cursed girdle of transgender.jpg (540x8590, 2.23M)

Protip: You're boring cunt and should just neck yourself asap, obnoxious pleb.

Werewolf island is for Xp farming, not loot. Magic island and Durlag's are for loot farming.

>Is the enhanced editions any good?
Yes, don't pay for it thought
>Will I be fine playing BGII without playing the first one?
The game gives you a quick rundown of what happened in the first

>Werewolf island is for Xp farming
hence boring

Albert could have easily taken Sarevok.
>All I wanted was my dog, why did you force me to this

Attached: Baldur 2018-03-24 11-55-46-88.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Wasn't there a romance mod for Delainy/Durlyle?

Attached: 1114987572fullres.jpg (400x625, 171K)

>reach Gnoll Fortress
>Edwin complains I took too long to find Dynaheir and leaves
thank god for console to fix retarded things like this

why wouldn't you go to the gnoll stronghold directly after getting edwin? there's literally no reason not to go there

I prefer getting Edwin then going Ankheg > Basilisks

ahh turnips

does bg trilogy work with enhanced editions?

interesting, why though? basilisks are sort of near but ankheggs are quite far away.

muh xp
Ankhegs are easy as soon as level 2 so you don't get oneshot by a lucky 20
After that it's basilisk time and with SCS it's easier to kill Mutamim and that band of adventurers there with the ankheg level boost

>Jan has depth

He's a shit chracter in a game with shit writing. BG2 saving grace is that the game is fucking huge and has a lot of good content, Bioware writing has ALWAYS been terrible, it just got even worse with time on top the games being also casualized piece of garbage.

BOTH

Edwin and Jan are mandatory

BG2 is extremely short.

you're crazy. It's like a 60 hour game.

>Rangers have been particularly schizophrenic in DnD as regards their role, never as well defined or detailed as paladins

Because they're based on Aragorn who was just a "survivalist" but mechanically they mirror Paladins (they have to choose a nature god to worship and they can cast druid spell at a lower caster level)

>What would bad aligned ranger be like?

Same as an evil druid: the weak exists to feed the strong, if you can't defend yourself you don't deserve to live, civilization is bad and if you get in my forest i'll murderape you and your children, etc.

bg2 writing was generally pretty good, not planescape levels but yeah

A death be in me, if I no get help!

>BG2 is extremely short.
>you're crazy. It's like a 60 hour game.

Absolutely no way you're going to finish the game in that playtime unless you're playing with a walkthrough, are a kid with ADHD spamming spacebar through dialogues/skipping sidequests or replaying the game. First time I finished the game it took me me 80 hours and I didn't even complete everything.

i think i played for about 90 hours and i pretty much "rushed it". only did a few of the big quests in chapter 2/3 and i don't think i even got to sahuagin city

is there a mod that restores the original colours for the baldurs gate 2 ui? they change it from dark to light and its triggering my autism

Attached: 1472974363034.jpg (1160x540, 514K)

What the fucking fuck even these fucking stupid orientations are?

>bg2 writing was generally pretty good

Nah it wasn't, it was just "good enough" for a videogame about killing dragons and goblins. Compared to more modern and well written stuff or even stuff made by Black Isle or Troika it was cheesy and dumb as fuck. BG2 must be one of the most egregious case of "rose-tinted nostalgia glasses" in the history of videogames, at least when it comes to its writing/characters. Even Irenicus, who for some reason gets praised by Bioware fanboys everytime the game is named, was a laughable saturday morning cartoon tier villain and its charisma was entirely because of motherfucking David Warner vocing him.

>Aerie is asexual
>Literally begged for sex
>got fucking pregdit
>that was the entirety of her character

>Minsc
>The one dude who was too stupid to understand everyone wanted to fuck him
>Not listing him as asexual

The writing and plot were fine

The real issue is the system
>buff buff buff buff
>enter room

>gender identity = race
>sexual orientation = class

I kinda want to play that rpg now, can i be a Demifluid Demogorgonromantic?

who is this semon demen

>Demogorgonromantic
>not Asmodeusromantic
Faggot

>when you take keldorn and anomen with you to windspear hills

Attached: mentos.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Replayed recently with the EE.
They're probably the best way to play if you don't want to autistically mod the game. Don't give money to beamdog though, and deactivate the ugly contours around people.
Also they added a SJW girl and a faggot orc as followers for whatever reason. Just don't take them with you and you'll only have 45 seconds with them. Most of the hate for the enhanced edition comes from these.

>Mustard Jelly slow

Attached: 14432.jpg (390x376, 24K)

>held

>paladin is confused and start murdering villagers

Attached: angry unknown anime guy.gif (500x281, 1.33M)

>end chapter of BG1
>guards out to kill you
>need to go into headquarters
>one of the guards is an npc that can get one shot
>kill in self defence without realising this
>fallen ranger
>dont notice for hours

Attached: 1519722384803.jpg (779x708, 75K)

>anomen perma died

rip in pieces, did his personal quests at least, he died a Knight of the Order!

Why didn't you protect him

so whose harder, firkraag or shadow dragon? theres a white one too isnt there?

I was, he just got chunked by an iron golem in firkraags lair, a noble death

Firkraag has better stats.
The white dragon is easy because unlike Firkraag and Shadow Dragon you are high level by the time you meet her

Attached: firkraag.jpg (1848x1051, 833K)

It's a silver dragon.

ur a silver dragon

You wish.

Attached: dragons.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

what mod is that