Switch revision

can we expect this in summer or rather in the holidays?

Attached: switch7inch.jpg (1179x475, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2018/03/05/no-switch-hardware-revisions-this-year-nintendo-to-focus-on-improving-consoles-online-features-report/
youtube.com/watch?v=y8QCFNAgPDo&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There won't be any sort of revision or price drop until 2019 at the earliest.

I want a switch that feels more solid/less breakable.

yes
the joycons have to much space to move
its annyoing as fuck

In 2020? Sure.

A lot of people seem to forget that the hardware-based revisions for previous Nintendo handhelds didn't come immediately after the system was released. The DSi came out in 2009, 5 years after the original DS, and the New 3DS came out in 2015, four years after the 3DS.

Why are u conveniently skipping the DS lite and 3DS XL which are all one year after the original device?

3DS had its XL version in 2012 though then the 2DS in 2014

If it's a Switch mini what you're asking for then the answer is in 2-3 more years, and that's only in a best case scenario

btfo bitch

I honeslty just want a console version with a pro controller and no gimmicks or on the go. Make one of those for £200 and id buy it.

Attached: D87A4D20-9611-412A-96EA-3B6DDB574C98.png (391x466, 52K)

>post XL
>do you want a switch mini? :D:D:D:dd
dumb sissy

vg247.com/2018/03/05/no-switch-hardware-revisions-this-year-nintendo-to-focus-on-improving-consoles-online-features-report/
No.

This seems like an inevitability to me. It'd certainly be a lot easier/cheaper to develop than an improved handheld version. Literally just the PSTV to the Switch's Vita.

the switch is already way too big

user literally specified revisions that actually changed the internals and didn't just make it bigger or smaller.

literally no need
you can just buy a pro con and leave the tablet in the dock
thats why this will never happen

no its not
also it looks like only the bazels were replaced by mroe screen
please nintendo get samsungs amoled screens for the revision

Yes, but I would be paying for a function I don't need.
The best solution is 3 switch versions. 1 hybrid, 1 portable only and 1 TV only

>amoled
>A switch with a screen on par with an original Vita
Pls user I can only get so hard.

it will never happen because Nintendo would never willingly sell consoles for anything less than a significant markup on production costs

>summer
imagine being this stupid

"hardware-base" does not exclude batteries and screen size/type he should've said hardware performance then

2 years, announced in 1.5

>it will never happen because Nintendo would never willingly sell consoles for anything less than a significant markup on production costs
This, Nintendo is truly the jews of vidya

Wouldn't a switch Mini make more sense? The switch is pretty big as it is, and having a mini one to put in your pocket would highlight the portable aspect.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

You know you can just plug the joycons into the grip, right? It's a fine controller desu.

but the ram is from samsung so

or one hybrid that can console and tv

>want to pirate Switch? Better get a system RIGHT NOW, because Nintendo will stealthily introduce a hardware revision with a new, uncrackable chip
>although you're fucked if have 5.0 software
>want improved model of Switch? Wait until 2020 at earliest
Simple.

>Wouldn't a switch Mini make more sense?
no
literally no need

>can play splatoon anymore
it was a shit game anyway, amaite?
can we expect the 4.1 cfw around summer?

>survived a 1000feet drop
feels pretty sturdy to me

No.

A switch revision needs to happen, especially the dock needs to be changed. My bezels got plenty of minor scratches because of the dock

RRRRREEE FIX THE BATTERY

I'd think so actually. Market it towards kids and make it cheaper. Only problem I can see is getting the same resolution screen for smaller for cheaper.

The revision is coming... But it's just as revolutionary as CUH10 to CUH11 sony PS4 model change.

i definitely wont buy a switch until they make a new one thats less clunky and gimmicky and full of bundled plastic junk. i want lower price and better hardware.

Attached: 1499107773612.png (706x531, 377K)

What's clunky about it, and what's wrong with the hardware?

>survived a 1000feet drop
impossibru

aven't bought a switch meself cuz waitni on the new one that will inevibatblye ster bestronger and have bigger screen wew I still borrowed one to play maerior rabbids, mario real new game and szelda open world gaem I played on the wiiii uu. Also Kirby but I finsihed taht in a singlge days 2100 percent and sold it on eBay.

Still gottap lay splatotoon and maybe a couple others.

anime boob

Attached: 1503533380709.png (3535x4846, 3.12M)

Literally what is the point of joycins that can’t detach? A revision like this would never happen, it’s make games that can only be played on a specific switch model

it looks and feels like a shitty tablet with plastic gimmick controllers glued to the side that will break, only a matter of time. on top of that it lowers the game performance for saving battery life when undocked. and on top of that all the cheap plastic junk they include just to maximize profit.

>it looks and feels like a shitty tablet with plastic gimmick controllers glued to the side that will break
That doesn't make it feel clunky to me.

>on top of that it lowers the game performance for saving battery life when undocked.
That's not clunky or shit hardware either, that's software.

I don’t feel any of that when I used mine. You sound like a weird shizo

no one wants joycons except bing bing wahoo autismos. let them buy the "pro" version with gay joycons and leave me out of it. i rather save $50 for a real portable without hinges and battery killing joycons to break and replace.

Just like the games that can only be played on n3ds?

Attached: 1475833992593.jpg (362x346, 38K)

>to me
>when I used mine
Nice anecdotal evidences, fags.

they said no revision in 2018, focusing on games and peripherals

>t. Playstation TV audience

Do you even have a Switch?

>switch mini
>we've come full circle
>we literally reinvented the gameboy

You're not "paying for a function you don't need" moron. 299.99 is very reasonable for a brand new console that's only marginally less powerful than a standard Xbox One/PS4. Xbox One launched at 500 in 2013 for fucking 499.99 due to Kinect, and PS4 launched at 399.99 in 2013. 299.99 for a portable version that comes close to those consoles in 2017 is totally reasonable.

>A switch with a screen on par with an original Vita
Makes sense, it's already taken players and games from Vita.

>people still think there will be a swtich revision
Fucking retards.

Do you expect them to launch it at like, 150 or 200 when the Xbox One S and PS4 Slim aren't even that price yet?

>But they're more powerful!!!
That doesn't mean fucking anything now. They're barely more powerful if the right developer utilizes the Switch.

As opposed to your anecdotal evidence?
Besides, you still haven't explained how that would make it clunky. I could see it making it flimsy, but clunky? No fucking way.

they are moving to much in handelt and i have constantly conection issues in handelt
they are shit

If they make a Switch revision I want it so it isn't portable, but a home console, I never use it in tablet mode so I want a more powerful version.

I mean, it can still have detachable Joy cons, aren't there games that only use them? (1-2 switch)

MUH JOYCONS
MUH JOYCONS FGONNA BREAK OFF
THEY'RE SO CHEAP AND FLIMSY

Meanwhile the PS4 controller feels cheap and plasticy as fuck and creaks if you push and no one mentions that. Just MUH NINTENDO CRITICISM

>inb4 "But sony!!!"

>pushing on a controller

Wut

Why would there be a revision this early in it's lifecycle when it's selling so well already?

My ideal Switch revision

>Smaller size
Too fucking big and clunky for a handheld. The current Switch does not fit in any pockets of real pants.

>Get rid of the joycon shit
It's a dumb gimmick that no one cares about. Just drop it already jesus.

>Better battery
2 hours is not good for a portable. 4-5 at the least, better would be ideal.

>More powerful
Any gaming console at least not on par with the PS4 in this day and age is fucking embarrassing. Nintendo should at least try to start there for starters. The Switch would finally be able to get real games if it was more powerful.

>Cheaper
$300 for a goddamn Nintendo console is insane. Who the fuck is going to pay that much for a fisher price tablet? $150 would be perfect, but I know my changes would make that a bit tricky with profit, so $200 sounds like a more fair price.

Honestly, with these changes, the Switch would finally be a real competitive console. Shit, I would even buy one with my changes. Maybe.

MUH SONY
also ps4 controllers cost $40-$50
switch costs THREE HUNDRED for cheap gimmicky plastic shit

youtube.com/watch?v=y8QCFNAgPDo&t=2s

One of the joycons got wrecked, but the console and the other joycon was fine.

It will just be different controllers that still slide into the current switch

screencap this

Attached: G577k8.gif (338x352, 1.39M)

>Make the screen more breakable
Why are people who don't have a switch so goddamn retarded?

It dropped on the soft side of the ground where the grasses are. No surprises, really.

It hit cement, you idiot.

You can expect it when 1080p touch displays start costing as much as 720p does now.
I could see them making a dock that wirelessly streams your gameplay to the tv screen. Sort of like the Wii U. You wouldn’t need to to dock in to play on the tv screen, Wii U-like features that worked - like HUD and maps being displayed on the game pad could be utilized in more games. We would finally get that version of Zelda BOTW where the Sheika slate map was controlled via the gamepad touchscreen.

You need to see a eye doctor.

Just a screen size bump, without upgraded hardware to boost resolution, will make it look worse.

>smaller Joycons
Are you out of your goddamn mind?

PS4 costs 250 and it's from 2013.

A Switch Mini is never going to fucking happen, it's a delusional request. You can already barely see shit in games in portable mode sometimes. Imagine a smaller screen on Zelda or Splatoon.

and it has a standard controller while the switch has latching gimmicky joycons without even a d-pad that are required for the console

>latching gimmicky joycons

You mean two controllers for games like Mario Kart and a Joycon grip to make a traditional controller?

What do you use D-pads for?
Tell me.

>I want a switch that feels more solid/less breakable.

Until they revise it, you can fix it easily with some tape. I added a few small strips to pad the gap, and they feel rigid and solid now. Still on Nintendo to fix this cheap shit, but it's a solution until they get it through their thick heads.

2d plane games of course, of which the switch has many since its all ports

>Their barely more powerful if the right developer utilizes the Switch

TOP KEK. Because all the 3rd party developers have released countless big name hits for Nintendo consoles. Oh wait, they preferred the objectively superior hardware and went to Sony or Microsoft instead.

At least you guys finally got Skyrim 7 years after it's release though. You're getting stale crumbs which is better than previous Nintendo consoles got.

Attached: 1466109967644.jpg (746x500, 102K)

>best solution
>three separate product spreads of the same hardware but slightly different

If they can miniaturize the technology, I think that would be a decent idea. It would directly kill the 3DS but yeah, I'd love the Nintendo Vita solely because it uses SD cards instead of proprietary sony shit.

What the fuck are you doing with your gaming system that you are worried about breaking it?

probably the most retarded post i've read all day

im not worried about breaking it, i just know by looking at it that its going to wear about because its full of gimmicky cheap plastic and moving parts, locks, and hinges. it is a total recipe for disaster, and the dock fiasco proved that without a shadow of a doubt

>revision
>still has screen scratcher

DS lite was almost two years but yeah, 3DS XL made me mad. I just got a 3DS when they soon announced the XL, that was a load of shit. If they do the same with the Switch I will be fucking livid because I'm getting one this week.

Like c'mon ninty, give it two years at least.

>he didn't upgrade in those 4 days where you could trade in and still get a bunch of free games and an ambassador certificate channel

Are you sure that you're sliding them in all the way? There should be a loud click and the animation at the sides. I've accidentally only partially slid them in a few times

probably announced at e3 and release q1 next year

I think I got my 3DS outside of that timeframe, and regardless it worked out well in the end because I kept my old 3DS and hacked it cuz it stayed on lower firmware. My continued piracy of 3DS games is my revenge against Ninty.

>2d games
The analog stick is better for those. I tested it with Sonic Mania.

>inb4 they pull a XL move where they just make the screen bigger (smaller bezels or bigger system) and keeping the same resolution.
I wouldn't upgrade if that was the case.

Maybe you're just retarded.

Are the buttons even any different than the Sony dpad

I think Nigtendo knew they could get away with that on 3ds. It doesn't look bad. But a 720p console running these graphically intensive games like Dark Souls, they know they can't make that shit any bigger or the obvious only becomes exponentially more obvious.