Name a better western studio that isn't either closed or indie

Name a better western studio that isn't either closed or indie

Attached: arkane.jpg (1754x620, 100K)

Dishonored 2 was shit.

Arkane are gonna be the ones to develop the next WH40k FPS, screenshot this

Dishonored 2 had more creativity and originality in two of its levels than every other game that released in 2017 combined.

Arkane is GOAT.

Here's two:
CA Entertainment
Paradox Entertainment

I probably can't, Arkane is pretty good.
Dishonored 2 had a terrible launch though

Apart from performance it was great

>Dishonored
>Dishonored 2
>Prey
Might as well call themselves Wasted Potential Studios

i love GSGs and TW but their greed is without bound

Was a downgrade in every way from the first game.

>Paradox Entertainment
They are a publisher not a dev studio.

Not him but care to explain ? IMHO it was clearly a huge upgrade in about every way over the first game. Narration was a bit of a letdown but appart from that and performance I fail to see what was worst with this game.

>two different protogonists with new powers
>a lot more interresting levels and missions than the first
>better a.i
Maybe you are just bored from dishonored world but no need to pretend that the second game is bad

You are absolutely wrong there, user. Paradox does significant in-house development.

Larian

>Develop a game for three years after release
>Lay out a map long in advance that told everybody you were going to be releasong four factions outright, more after release and minor free DLC in between
>Sup Forums doesn't believe developers should be paid for that work
You could jave literaly read the entire projection of what CA was going to do with that game long before release and thwy didnt deviate too far from that plan.

Eidos Montreal

Attached: deus-ex_-mankind-dividede284a2_20170225090521.jpg (820x312, 63K)

Sup Forums might say that a French studio no longer counts as "western"

lol

>hasn't made a good game in over a decade
>good

>indie doesn't count
there are no good AAA devs. they have to be shit by design.

dishonored 2 had the weakest fucking story in history
>duuur its the witch sister from a first game dlc
>in a universe where literal gods exist
boring. Im glad both their projects flopped.

Remedy
Crystal Dynamics
Does CDPR count?

Haha

Attached: 19827484892.png (226x232, 69K)

I don't agree with him that it was worse in every way. It was a great sequel
But my problems with it was the rehashed story and the fact that the time travel mission is great the first time you play, but really boring the next times.
The Crown Killer was a wasted character and completely inferior to Daud. Also, I hated the final non-lethal route. Those are really the only flaws I see in it.

>CDPR
How to spot a casual self-titled ""gamer"" who only plays a handful of new games each year (mostly AAAs) and absorbs Reddit and gaming journalism opinions as his own.

>thief 2014
>deux ex breach
>manking divided demo and dlc

I think Dishonored 2 is great and so is Death of The Outsider. What is puzzling to me is the fact that the second game officially recognizes "no powers" as one of the gameplay styles, but its level design is actually less compatible with a no powers run.
Also what I dislike about the second game is that not only is the "non-lethal" option of every mission the easier one, but there isn't even a moral choice. In the first game you had to choose between someone dying and someone's life becoming absolute hell. Thrown into a plague pit, tongue cut and send into the mines... etc. The non-lethal alternatives in the second game are so tame that there's no argument to be made for taking the lethal route.

Are those the fuckers responsible for Thi4f? Wtf, how are they not shunned from the gaming community?

Hehe

Attached: 16234.jpg (500x400, 82K)

I think that Thiaf gives Eidos Montréal a billion minus points but I thought Mankind Divided DLC is pretty great. Especially the prison mission.

That's true. What was great about non-lethal in the first one is that you could act morally superior by not letting them live, but also satisfy the part in you that wanted something awful to happen to them.

Croteam

>How to spot a casual self-titled ""gamer"" who only plays a handful of new games each year (mostly AAAs) and absorbs Reddit and gaming journalism opinions as his own.
How does it feel to be completely wrong on all counts.
I don't and have never self identified as a gamer.
I don't play any new games. All the games I'm playing are several years old at least, and AAAs make up less than 10% of my library.
I dictate opinions both here AND on Reddit, I'm so ahead of the curve.

Attached: IO-Interactive_Logo.png (998x216, 11K)

>Wtf, how are they not shunned from the gaming community?
because cucks on Sup Forums unironically like shit games like mankind divided.

Human revolution was pretty good and mankind divided was ruined because of square enix greed but it is neat gameplay wise desu

Nothing that Arkane has made has been as much of a blunder as Shitman Abortion.

How do you feel about Arkane handling the athletics/acrobatics skill line that is coming back in TESVI?

Crystal Dynamics doesn't have a single good game.

>it is neat gameplay wise desu
>cover shooter
>neat
>consolized shooter crap
>neat
kill yourself desu

Blood Omen 2 was godly, even though Soul Reaver fans keep decrying it. Ironic now that Soul Reaver is damn near unplayable on PC.
The new Tomb Raiders have great visuals and passable gameplay.
They just need to up their game with the writing, story, storyboarding and lore. The artifact descriptions in TR and RotTR is the laziest writing I have ever seen in my life. No in-depth research, no historical embellishments, just 'here's a comb they used in ancient japan lol'. And Lara's accent reading them is annoying given how basic the information being conveyed is.

Geometry collider based mantling mechanics in a gamebryo game? That's never going to happen.