This comes out today and it's one of the best jrpgs I've played this year

This comes out today and it's one of the best jrpgs I've played this year.

Attached: Alliancealive.jpg (235x215, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/10/alliance-alive-new-classic-rpg-developed-studio-behind-legend-legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C I A W H E N?
I
A

W
H
E
N
?

uhh you don't get to pirate the game

What the heck?a

What's so good about it? It looks incredibly generic

>one of
>this year
not very high praise

Is it in the eshop yet?

not till noon

It is, don't bother. Demo bored me to tears.

Lol stop me

Enjoy it, EOP friends!

And remember not to kill anyone who has a name if you don't want to miss out on potential guildmasters later!

Attached: top_0000 (2).png (400x240, 156K)

This, what are we comparing it to here? Lost Sphear?

If it was compared to lost sphere then it would be a masterpiece by default.
Still looking forward to it though

any other general tips?

I liked it, but I won't ever not hate random skill generation.

It was nice. A shame that offensive magic still sucks cock though.

Shallow short game with no real content and any re-playability

It's only March, there's only been time to play one JRPG this year

I preordered it but it's arriving in April

Attached: xbone wojak.jpg (888x1229, 172K)

The named character thing is definitely the biggest and you can pretty much play blind with no issues knowing only that, but off the top of my head:

You level guilds through assigning recruits to certain guilds, and 60 members maxes a guild's level
There are around 140-150 total guild members in the whole game, meaning at most you'll be able to max 2 per playthrough, so don't be whimsical and spread them out if that's what you plan on doing
Fortunately for that notion the rewards for leveling most guilds aren't gameplay-defining and are usually just convenient little extras, and in some cases like the Blacksmith guild you can get most of the rewards elsewhere (Chaosium exchanges) so you miss out on very little
I won't go into huge detail about exactly what each guild level does because it tells you ingame, so you'll see when you get there

Also, when you're able to build guild towers, place them close to each other so they 'link'
You can link across sections of the world map, so you can have every single guild tower in the world linked if you do it right
The game is easy so there's no necessity that you do this, it's just fun and a little convenient

Finally, this one isn't so general, but when you get to actually pilot your ship, go to the continent to the northeast (the snowy realm), and check an island slightly to the northwest of it, where there's a cave that has penguins in it
Slightly to the west of THAT island there's a smaller island with a water devil den, enter it and you'll immediately get the first optional party member, who will be helpful to have in the next part

Oh shit one more:
Between chapters 20 and 33, when you revisit the museum from the beginning, check the ornithopter model again
That's all you have to do, and the next time you land your ship after chapter 33, Tiggy will tell you she upgraded your ornithopter and you'll be able to use it to reach a few hidden treasures and guild recruits

Pretty sure that's it

Attached: top_0006.png (400x240, 174K)

thanks

why bother with shitocopter brionac lands anywhere

Nah it doesn't, there are two cave entrances it doesn't fit in, one in the snow realm and one in the prison realm
Its only real purpose is getting to those places, but it also takes like a second less to activate compared to the Brionac so it's more convenient if you're really lazy, as the level 2 ornithopter doesn't lose altitude in flight anymore

There's already the demo patched one. Can't properly use some characters (i.e. can't awaken skills) and some menus are messed up, but otherwise playable.

>just started radiant historia
fuck

Attached: play dead.gif (400x269, 2.26M)

Same here but Im getting kinda bored of it, how does this compare to Historia?

Did he died?

It doesn't have to fit it lands fine

How easy it is?

>250p
>2018

What? I preordered it with standard shipping and it was set for April, but I ended up getting an email that I'm getting it tomorrow. Thanks, Amazon.

I've tried, it doesn't land in those spots

Pretty easy, mild difficulty spike in the middle if you're unprepared but not much challenge elsewhere

post screen

Here's one of them

Attached: 雪山の洞穴の場所.jpg (396x481, 37K)

Oh really?, I'm gonna check

How do random enemies work? Do you fight the same enemies at the start and endgame like in rs3?

Which one should I choose: Radiant Historia or this one?

What other jrpgs do you like?

I feel like I'd rather replay Bravely Default than this desu. For all it's faults there's something about Bravely that was an actually fit with me.

What's the big hype around this game? Sell me on it.

Well mostly turn based. Cant name one I´ve played on the 3DS. Maybe Bravely then?

I know, if I could I'd go pick up my ordered copy now but I can't.

Attached: oh yes.png (640x328, 242K)

Is it not on eShop?

So I keep hearing conflicting reports about this game's length. Some people say closer to 30, if not more, others say less than 20, and that's for doing a bit of everything. Who is actually right?

If you like the SaGa series, this is SaGa-lite and vastly improved over their previous attempt at such a thing. Sparking big dick damage moves by accident is always memorable and thrilling.

That's not what I meant.
I don't recommend bravely. Get radiant historia if you want something linear where you have a certain preset characters with specific skills and roles and you want to come up with tactics for each battle like a puzzle. It also has a pretty solid story.
From what I can tell, AA is more about freeform exploration and open ended character/team building.

okmy bad it doesn't

It's cool, my bad too user, I said there were two spots like that but there're actually three
There's one by the penguin cave too

I clocked 30 in two playthroughs doing everything, so there's that
If you rush you'll probably be able to do it in 10-20 though

Ok thanks for the info. Will look into both them actually!

why are JRPGs like this though?

Attached: 6891.jpg (2000x1431, 407K)

every thread

>Be EU
>Someone says that PlayAsia will be distributing physical copies here
>Get an email saying that they don't have any physical copies

Attached: 126730213802121.png (691x653, 27K)

You guys should just make a JRPG/WRPG shitpost general

>This comes out today
>best jrpgs I've played
something here doesn't add up

Jap version came out earlier and english version was leaked a few days ago

The actual english version was leaked or the demo version with the english script haphazardly slapped onto it?

be honest is it actually good and i don't mean memeing about is it actually that much better than their previous game which really wasn't anything special.

Actual english version

Do you have a link to the leak? I haven't seen anything pop up on my usual sites and oh fuck is /HBG/ a nightmare right now.

What are order gems for?

breddy sure its on 3ds iso

Yes, it's made by a whole new team including the Suikoden writer

It's pretty good, albeit fairly short and a lot of its content is optional
It doesn't have the SaGa-like linearity anymore though, only the battle system, and this time you have 12 characters you can switch in and out of your party whenever you want for formations of 5 at a time

They let you retry if you wipe in combat
Try to save as many as you can for the end

can you give me examples of which other recent jrpgs u think are good and which you don't just so i can guage how your taste lines up with mine thanks xx

The only one I saw on 3ds iso was the one with the JP demo with the EU script slapped on it. The "translation" is there but some of the menu are fucked and certain characters skills won't work later in the game. If you did get that one off chance, I would recommend backing up your save because supposedly the saves are interchangeable between versions.

The last JRPGs I'd call "good" were all in the 90s, a few exceptions in the early 2000s maybe

This is definitely marketed toward those who prefer the 90s style, as evident by its lack of voice acting and a lot of other minor design decisions, so honestly if you only like recent games you probably won't enjoy it

I'm honestly excited for the skill system. I'm autistic as fuck when it comes to skill grinding.

I don't only like recent games I, like most people, have a much stronger connection to the jrpgs of yesteryear but what I have absolutely no patience for is these inferior nostalgia bait games such as setsuna and spheare and to a lesser extent legend of legacy. I do think Etrian Odyessy is a genuinely good series tho.

You make a good point, and while I do like this one a lot I feel like there are going to be a few who will put it in that "nostalgia bait" category
It really does a fine job of trying to replicate that SaGa feel in boss fights, though, and it makes some attempt to carry on the Suikoden spirit in how it makes you go NPC-collecting, but for the most part that's all just whatever you make of it

I'll still shill it, but I'd never dream of saying it's "objectively good" or anything like that
Just that I like it, as a JRPGfag and SaGafag- it's fairly shallow, but fun
Cute dialogue too

Attached: HNI_0048.jpg (400x240, 24K)

Was it even relased?

>he didnt like Devil Survivor

Attached: saythattomyface.jpg (245x251, 10K)

Who's the artist and the modeler for this game? It's cute

>tfw last repl and no answer

Art Director – Masayo Asano

gematsu.com/2016/10/alliance-alive-new-classic-rpg-developed-studio-behind-legend-legacy

>tfw 3 never

I've been waiting for this for months, ever since it was announced.
I loved TLoL and this is better in everything but Encyclopedia and lack of 3D.

>1080p
>Hot garbage after hot garbage of a games
Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Attached: 338DA9F9-3A36-4285-A9AC-A86B749BD4EF.jpg (956x1024, 87K)

Uuuuh what's special about it