Been on a Deus Ex kick. I've played through all of them, except for Invisible War. I've heard awful things about it...

Been on a Deus Ex kick. I've played through all of them, except for Invisible War. I've heard awful things about it, but is it really worth playing it if I love all the other games? Is it really that bad?

Attached: de.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

You can burn through it in 6-8 hours in your first playthrough. It's relatively easy, swift, and while moderately painful at times, it's worth playing to say you've gone through every Deus Ex game. It is, however, by far the weakest entry.

IW has problems, mostly in the gameplay department, but it also had some interesting idea's and very good writing. JC's plan for a post human civilization is still fascinating to me.

Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that it basically functions like a PS2 shooter

I didn't really enjoy it because it punished you for playing the wrong way

But I'm sure you've all read that complaint before

IW is worth playing once and then never again. That's more than you can say about The Fall.

Don't forget to play project snowblind as well, it's a fucking mess but it's also a Deus ex game

>Been on a Deus Ex kick. I've played through all of them, except for Invisible War. I've heard awful things about it, but is it really worth playing it if I love all the other games? Is it really that bad?

Attached: Deus Ex.jpg (2000x1551, 506K)

>project snowblind
Really? I've heard of that, but I didn't know it was considered a "Deus Ex" game. Was it developed by former Ion devs or something, or does it just channel the gameplay that well?

Attached: jc.png (432x454, 268K)

Its not. Thats like Doom is a Wolfenstein game because it was inspired by it.

I had more fun playing IW than HR. IW is a stupid fucking game, but so stupid that it rolls back over into good.

The real Deus Ex is on sale for one buck on Steam. Go get it.

Currently replaying through it now after finishing Mankind Divided for the first time in a few years and that's what's got me curious about IW. I forgot how absorbing the original DE was and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more on a second playthrough than on my first. Just escaped MJ12 and trying to get to Hong Kong.

Attached: deus_ex_1.jpg (1680x1050, 605K)

The main faction is literally unatco

Anons is MD even worth playing through?

not really, it's easy as shit and the story sucks

not that guy, and honestly not really. it was supposed to be a spinoff multiplayer focused title set in the deus ex world but they made it an original ip when invisible war tanked.

it honestly should have been an original ip in the first place, and i'm pretty confident it didn't share any developers or anything, so there's no reason to consider it "a deus ex game" besides maybe some common design philosophy

Yeah. Only problem is the hub is split into 2.

>augmentations are passive bonuses or qte
wtf am i reading, how is it different in any other deus ex exactly?

It's a very aesthetized game. It has really comfy nighttime atmosphere. The blue and purple lights, overbrights from you flashlight and this very slight noise filter is apparently a combination, that just looks really-really good at times. Also the combination of colored lighting and dynamic shadows looks really cool and tasteful at times. Very cool sound design, sort of quiet, more like purposefully subdued. Also female Alex's voice fits this overall sounddesign really well. The levels are very small, but detailed and are very much about taking them slow, looking in the every nook and cranny, appreciating interactivity. It almost feels like a techno-fantasy game at times.

I would advise you to treat this game as futuristic first-person version of ToEE. It's miniature-ish, ridiculously detailed, really comfy and just really-really pleasant art-direction-wise.

Just DON'T use any fucking retextures.

I actually enjoyed it for what it was back when it released.

It's different and somewhat flawed but imo It's worth playing through if you like the series.

I had a good time with MD. Gameplaywise it improves on HR, but it falters in every other department HR succeeded. Still worth a playthrough though, but don't expect it to be great.