Serious question

Serious question.

Why do people want to remove one or some of the Original 12?

Also if you were to remove one which one would it be.

Attached: super_smash_bros__4_wallpaper___the_original_12_by_thewolfbunny-d7zbgh2.png (1024x576, 441K)

Ness. It's been over a decade since Mother 3.

I haven't heard this complaint. But if I had to pick one based on
>diversity
Luigi. Just make a green Mario alt.
>competitiveness
Jigglypuff. Her specials are shit and she's basically a Kirby pseudo-clone.

Jigglypuff is irrelevant and would have no chance if it hadn't been grandfathered in. It's bullshit how Jigglypuff came back in Smash 4 but fucking Squirtle got cut.

But Ness has an interesting and unique moveset, even the pseudo-clone Lucas has a really unique playstyle despite the similar moveset.

I agree. Characters with unique and interesting movesets should stay.

That's why i pray to sakurai to keep my main greninja.

If we’re talking about today’s roster, I’d pick a new oddball Pokémon to replace Jigglypuff. If the OG Smash then Luigi because clone.

Jigglypuff's the only one of the twelve I'd be completely okay with losing. There's really no reason to keep it around anymore besides severely outdated legacy.

I would never remove one of the original 12 but gun to my head i'd probably remove Luigi because he could just be a mario alt.

>people want to remove Jigglypuff
Fuck off Jigglypuff is a smash character more than a pokemon char

The only one I want gone is Jiggs. She hasn't been relevant to the Pokemon franchise since Gen 2, and there are many more deserving non Gen 1 mons. Her inclusion has been jarring since Brawl.

That's the problem.

It's not a problem. Thats exactly why she should stay.

Keep Rest and just rework or give her new specials that support her playstyle.

I hope you're thinking of Blastoise because if you are then you are my nigga

Jigglypuff. It isn't Gen 1 anymore (1997-2000), and it's taking up a slot that could be used by another interensting Pokémon rep, like Pichu.

>many more deserving non Gen 1 mons
>non Gen 1
Sorry senpai but I think we got enough Gen 1 mons. Gotta spread the love out across the series.

I'd be down with Blastoise replacing Zard or Squirtle on Pokemon Trainer or something

I've never seen anyone complain about that, you can't just remove the established "classics" so easily.
But if I had to choose, it'd be Jigglypuff.
>Pikachu serves as the main Pokemon rep
>Kirby servers his own franchise and as a light and floaty type that can fly
>Jigglypuff isn't even a mascot for Pokemon
>The only reason why Luigi stays is because being a main part of the Mario series basically means you're untouchable in terms of getting booted off

oh, I read your post wrong. Honestly i'd be down for a johto trainer with totodile, bayleaf, and typhlosion

It is a problem. That's exactly why it should go.

so you want Pikachu AND Pichu?

Muh relevancy
Fuck outta here, you faggots are the worst. If you had your way we'd have half the roster plucked every damn game. Just rework the characters a bit, nothing more. And stop bullying Jigglypuff, I'd keep it over fucking WFT and Palutena.

It's time for Jigglypuff to go.

I’d remove yoshi just to make flowchart fags mad. But then again most of them already moved on to bayonetta

I know this is a crazy concept, but why remove characters? Is there something wrong with having a lot of choice?

Jigglypuff.

I would like for there to be a pikachu alt with a detective hat of course
but more specifically, only in the case of the detective hat pikachu I would like him to have a deep manly voice

people get a hard on over removing characters they dislike and/or get their asses handed by. the former in puff’s case

people are missing the point of why they keep putting them in these games
the less relevant ones aren't representatives of their own series anymore so much as they are SMASH representatives. They are included because they are cemented in the series. Think of them more as like Ryu and Chun Li as staples in Street Fighter instead of side characters meant to represent a game

Anyone that answers with Luigi is retarded. Mario and Luigi make up the Mario BROS, and the game is called Super Smash BROS. Take out Luigi and it's just Mario, then what will you call the game, huh retard dipshit faggot? Super Smash Brother? Super Smash Party? Super Mario Smash? That's what I thought, fucking hypothetical retards.

Attached: Io Seriamente Spero....png (233x249, 8K)

Because Jigglypuff adds nothing to the roster and can be replaced by a unique Pokemon that better represents the series. I'd be fine dropping any character that has stuck around just because they joined the roster at a good time. Like Shiek.

In my perspective, it kinda stems from wanting the game to be refreshed in some regard, which means reworking on everybody. Also to bring back character specific stuff like Break the Targets which is downright unfeasible when the roster is so huge. So obviously cuts have to happen to make such things happen.

If it really is just gonna be the same game but with different content then sure I guess, may as well keep everything, but you can only hype the same game on character additions for so much before it becomes a stale horse.

Super Smash Besties not ft. Greenario

I want a roster where no one has to get cut from game to game. To accomplish this, we need to get rid of dumb bullshit like Jigglypuff and prevent that from ever happening again.

Captain Falcon hasn't been relevant in fucking ages.

People are often under the false assumption that less characters = more balanced. Why they give a crap about balance in a party fighter is beyond me.

While I don't think he needs to be dropped Captain Falcon is pretty irrelevant. He's just that dude from smash bros with the FLACON PAAAWTCH memes now.

>4 time veteran with a completely unique moveset and play style who has become synonymous with the super smash bros series should be removed because uhhhh reasons.

She's not going anywhere pal.

half of the cast would be cut if they cut for being irrelevant.

What? Explain yourself.

characters that people don't consider a "Nintendo All-Star" devalue the worth of character picks in Smash as a whole. That's the same reason people were so butthurt over Dark Pit, Lucina, and, in Pokken, Pikachu Libre.

Well the threads about the original cast and everyone besides him and ness has had a game in the past decade so, no.

Why is Lucina so small?

Attached: lucinaVSCpt.gif (300x169, 722K)

Sakurai said himself she was dangerously close to being dropped in smash 4 and in brawl, and would have done so if development had hit one more snag. Part of it I think is the way Pokemon Company is anal retentive about character use, given that Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, and Mewtwo have all been dropped at one point, more than any other franchise.

she's a girl, people are taller in the future

Not that I think you’re necessarily wrong, and I happen to like playing as jiggs from time to time, but if that’s true why don’t fighters like Street Fighter just bring back everybody each game?

This. Captain Falcon, Ness, and to a reasonable extent Jigglypuff all represent Smash

I wish he punched her in the stomach so hard that he retroactively aborted her from the timeline so we could have a slot open for a better character

For the game coming to the switch,if it's a new game, if they are using Smash 4 as a base, no on should be removed.

His games aren't relevant, but his legacy is. He had a game in Nintendo Land

>people are taller in the future

I hope you're trolling.

i'm pretty sure f zero takes place in the future

I honestly would just like for them to rethink Jiggly’s moves a bit. She’s fairly boring in presentation. Just a little extra spice while keeping her role as the “Dan” of the game

Remove Pikachu, and replace it with the superior electric rat. Only autists would notice the difference, everyone else would just think they updated the design.

Attached: 1468287158307.jpg (1300x1115, 128K)

Doesn't mean she'd be gone for good. Mewtwo was gone from the base roster for two games but got back in through post release development.

Lucian is not a bad character mechanicswise or characterwise you take that back

>she

Just admit y'all want to gimp hbox. Hell I'm down with it, pop that fucking balloon.

Lucina is absolute shit in Smash. The optimal way to play a character with a sword is to hit the opponent with the tip, unless there's some other effect in play like Roy's sweetspot being near the hilt. This is because hitting someone with the tip of the sword keeps the part of the character that can be damaged (the body) away from danger.
Since Lucina's sword doesn't have a sweetspot, the optimal way to play her is hitting people with the tip of the sword, just like Marth. She and Marth are played identically, but Marth is simply better because he does more damage when played correctly. There is no reason to ever play as Lucina.

The fuck does that have to do with anything. We've maxed out on height ever since people got proper nutrition.

in 2018 people still make these assumptions. Absolutely embarrassing

Jiggly and many other veterans should have an updated move or two. Really upsetting when you look at Mario's moveset while characters like Bayonetta or Ryu are in the game.

>people thinking removing Jiggly would "open a slot" for another Pokemon

She is the easiest veteran to program back in. Cutting her ≠ they add in another Pokemon in the same time frame.

I'd still be happy about it

>It took Pit 1 game to get 3 updated special moves
And people say Sakurai bias doesn't exist

Why?

If a character I don't like gets removed, and a character I do like gets added, I will correlate the two in my mind. And what are the odds that I won't like any of the newcomers in a game?

Depends on how much of a fanboy or shill you are for the series, or for nintendo as a whole.

New characters are fun but I want goal #1 to be for something else: A quality/polish pass. Some characters (particularly vets) are sorely in need of new lines and sound effects. Some characters deserve to have a few moves replaced. Clones should be tweaked to make them less like clones. Some veterans would look nice with a visual redesign or update. Maybe general game mechanics could be tweaked, added, and removed. Stuff like that. Adding a ton of new fighters is quickly becoming unsustainable but a few new ones with a returning cast that also feels fresh sounds awesome to me.

Attached: 1522171350505.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

>Captain Falcon BTFO'd FE characters in their own trailer
HE'S HERE TO STAY, BABY

Attached: 1450206704889.png (439x330, 426K)

Dark Pit ain't going anywhere, and I can see him having a completely different moveset to the point where the Smash 4 version will look like an absolute joke, and yeah that will be an issue with me.

That's true for Brawl but definitely not for Smash 4.

yeah, and lucina's time probably didn't have proper nutrition, being the future of a medieval past. So Captain falcon's taller because he's from the future, not the past.

Oh yeah, you're right. Maybe fairy type made her newly relevant.

Attached: breakin da shields.png (279x326, 116K)

Every time a new smash has come out since Brawl, there's always been retards claiming Jiggs will be removed with no good justification. He is a single character that doesn't transform, is first party (second if you count Pokemon Company), and has an original moveset.

My uncle has said he should be removed just because "I don't like him".

But to answer, the question, if I were forced at gunpoint to remove a character it would be Yoshi. I cannot provide much of a justification other than Yoshi is a hardly represented series anyway.

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

>uhhh the original twelve are untouchable!
>Jigglypuff's been low priority ever since Brawl
>Lucas would've taken Ness's spot if Mother 3 actually came out in a timely fashion and Mother 3 being Japan-only was what led Sakurai to keep Ness

This, the tipper just rewards you for what you should be doing with a disjointed hitbox; abusing it by spacing out your foes. Lucina is full retard.

>feminine design, species is predominantly female
>female VA
>All the accessories the alts give her are stereotypically feminine

I woudln't insist on it but it's a safe assumption

I'd put Yoshi with Mario at this point. Whatever Yoshi's Story was supposed to do never got done in literally twenty years. The Yoshi games are still fucking Mario titles. Call me when Yoshi pulls a DKC.

yoshi is the protagonist of its own series of games. Jigglypuff, the one jigglypuff everyone knows from the anime, barely shows up anymore

Eh, with stuff like Yoshi's Kirby's Epic Yarn and the Switch game coming up I'd say Yoshi's got enough of his own games to still be considered not-a-Mario.

i legitimately thought yoshi's island ds and wooly world were good games. I even thought touch & go and topsy turvy was kinda fun.

I'm surprised not one person has said something along the lines of

>Link/Yoshi/DK because they were never good competitively

Jigglypuff still being in after all this time just because it's one of the original 12 is bullshit. It may have once been a decent-tier joke character, but since Brawl it's been bottom tier. It's the only one of the originals I could see getting rid of and not losing anything for it.

Competitive value is not the only measure of a characther's worth

HERE IT IS

I know that, but this is Sup Forums and I expected someone to come out of the woodwork and say that shitty ass thought.

They aren't going to so you have nothing to worry about, but:

Jiggly is only there because of its occasional promininance in the first season of the anime.
It isn't Pikachu and it isn't even another starter.

They haven't made an F-Zero game in over a god damn decade.

Nobody really played Earthbound and that too hasn't had another iteration in over a decade.

I'd say you don't really need [the dinosaur Mario rides on] any more than fucking Rambi from DK country, but Yoshi at least had one of his couple of games a couple years ago.

Nigga what. Captain Falcon is only still relevant BECAUSE of Smash. He's more a Smash character than the series he represents nowadays and his memetic status means him being removed would cause mass outcry.

Attached: 1514659577429.jpg (1200x630, 57K)

I get that it has an identity, but the way I see it, Yoshi really needed to break away from Mario the same way Wario and DK did. I think Miyamoto wanted to keep Yoshi in tune with Mario so he wouldn't prevent another DKC from happening. Say what you will on either stance of that story, but you can't deny he has an attachment to Mario and Yoshi, though the latter wasn't created by him, so who really knows what kept Yoshi from branching out further.

They need to do something about the fucking clones. Make them alternate skins if you have to. There is zero reason for Marth and Lucina to be separate slots, or Pit and Pitoo, or Mario and Dr. Mario, especially when there are several characters who have other characters as just alternate skins (e.g. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings). Rework Ganondorf so he isn't just Fat Captain Falcon anymore. Rework Toon Link so he isn't just Link but made of wet paper. If you have to have the clones, make them unique. Give Dark Pit specials that are other weapons like his staff, for example. Stop giving every new character a down-B counter move.

I agree with all of this except changing Ganondorf, lumbering warlock of darkness and fear.

>There is zero reason
Actually, the reason is that they have slight differences which causes hell on the game's ability to track stats if they share a slot, so they were separated for that purpose. They're at the assend of the roster because they're not meant to be considered part of the 'main roster', just extras. It's like getting angry at a after-dinner breathmint.

Jigglypuff is the only one that should be cut

no one thinks of Jigglypuff when they think of Smash, she is always met with a "Oh she is still in?" or "Oh yeah Jigglypuff"

>Greninja
>Unique
Indubitably.
>Interesting
Ehhhhhhhh....

It's just so garbage and the interesting parts of his moveset are so useless that unless he gets almost every part of his kit buffed he's still going to be a boring character to play as.

If I had to choose it would have to be between Ness and Jiggs. Jiggs has been a meme ever since original anime and I hate to say it but Mother has been irrelevant for over a decade.

All of them are fine with the exception of Puff, he is just obsolete.

Reminder that character slots are a myth.

ness is the face of hardcore/niche nintendo