Is it going to be another DQ bomb?

Xavier James
Xavier James

tfw no one gives a fuck about this game

is it going to be another DQ bomb?

Attached: dragonquestxireview.jpg (81 KB, 768x432)

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ur4MbL2Y8DM

Lincoln Allen
Lincoln Allen

i am giving gargantuan fucks about this game but SE decided not to release in 3DS this makes me angry and sad at same time.

i think im considering suicide soon

James Long
James Long

Is the game actually good? I've heard that it becomes shit halfway through.

Benjamin Rivera
Benjamin Rivera

Why would PC gamers even care about this game?
The DQ games are the definition of vanilla jrpg with all the strengths and weaknesses that come with it.
To a normal player they're be bland and boring. There's a reason these aren't really big outside of Japan, same as Godzilla movies.

Attached: xsdm7wwbt9cy.jpg (57 KB, 728x485)

Owen Phillips
Owen Phillips

It's one of the better DQs, not the best. There's a world of ruin deal that comes halfway through. If you hated it in Final Fantasy. 6, you'll hate it here.

Brandon Evans
Brandon Evans

modders will fix it just like DQ7. relax DQfag

Christopher Russell
Christopher Russell

I wanted to get the game on ps4 and pirate the 3ds version because it's fucking comfy as fuck and the 2d old school art is really fucking nice and a big throwback to old school DQ but SE said no "we're gonna put it on steam where no one is gona buy it"
I'm conflicted, still gonna get in on ps4 though

Thomas Lewis
Thomas Lewis

Good. Fuck normies

William Moore
William Moore

I don't think so, the amount of translation needed is absolutely gargantuous

Hunter Mitchell
Hunter Mitchell

why they look like DBZ

Alexander Price
Alexander Price

yeah but SE is doing that on PC, where it should be easy to dump the script. If they already could fix models + music in 7 I'd be surprised if a text dump wasn't doable for 11.

Elijah Turner
Elijah Turner

6 thread when it was announced
no one cared

Jose Parker
Jose Parker

Even like that you'd still have to import the script manually, good luck finding someone willing to do that

Camden Brooks
Camden Brooks

Probably because it has the graphics of a 6 year olds cartoon and the soundtrack sounds like it was made on an 80s Casio

Jonathan Powell
Jonathan Powell

DB manga creator is the lead artist of the DQ series

John Smith
John Smith

Not him, but what if I hated FF6 and never even got to the world of ruin?

Brayden Ramirez
Brayden Ramirez

Sup Forums suddenly matters now

Jordan Wright
Jordan Wright

you're just salty that its coming out on PC

Colton Jackson
Colton Jackson

Nice try but you won't bring your stupid console war in here

Jeremiah Nelson
Jeremiah Nelson

LISA and especially Undertale were pretty much homages to JRPGs with their turn based combat and they were popular, especially the latter
cartoonish games like Overwatch and Fortnite are all the bomb now
DQ XI is the combination of those two elements.

Adam Garcia
Adam Garcia

Is the PS4 version really worse than the 3DS version?

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

Yes. It has like 1/3rd of the content.

Ryder Thompson
Ryder Thompson

no, who told you that ?

Grayson Cox
Grayson Cox

Why is there no voice acting

Asher Sullivan
Asher Sullivan

There will be for the localization though
youtube.com/watch?v=ur4MbL2Y8DM

Jordan Edwards
Jordan Edwards

no one cares about dq outside of moonruneland

It's been this way for 3 decades. Why are you asking this question?

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

implying
I love Dragon Quest, I just don't have the consoles or a computer that si good enough to play it.

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

I just heard like
Said. It doesn't make too much sense though. I heard it was the same exact game. Why would they put less content in that version?

Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia

Like I said. No one.

Jose Fisher
Jose Fisher

Stop believing rumors then, this guy is straight up lying to you

Samuel Nguyen
Samuel Nguyen

5 months is a long time to wait for a game. What is coming out before this?

Owen Nelson
Owen Nelson

You mean the world basically changes to a post apocalyptic one mid game? I enjoyed that about FF6.

Chase Lewis
Chase Lewis

Some DQ sperg will sink a year or whatever of his life into it. Chin up user.

Ethan Torres
Ethan Torres

By the time it's out it will have been announced over 3 years ago. Nobody can maintain hype for that long.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI.webm (2.87 MB, 640x360)

Ian Rivera
Ian Rivera

Exactly. I've waited this long; what's another year or two for the Switch version to come out? Square even confirmed it's getting localized. I won't be double dipping that's for sure.

Alexander Wood
Alexander Wood

The "less content" the PS4 version has is the lack of fanservice in which you can visit areas from many of the older DQ games, they had that due the 3DS version having this nostalgia trip 2D mode so old areas could've be brought in. Technically that's less content, but of course any faggot trying to argue will overblow this subject at hand, it's not worth fussing about.

Mason Sullivan
Mason Sullivan

Yet another DQ game where the girl that fans latched onto is not the designed love interest, now for obvious reasons. I thought they have learned with Jessica by now, don't make the visually appealing character be the one with the most visibility on promos.

Wyatt Perez
Wyatt Perez

I don't give a fuck about 11 or Heroes

GIVE ME DQ ONLINE DAMMIT

Parker Cruz
Parker Cruz

maybe because we still don't have confirmation it's coming to the west

Nathan Moore
Nathan Moore

On the launch day of Japanese version, series founder Yuji Horii announced that an international version in five separate languages would be released sometime in 2018.[16] The exact date was later revealed to be September 4, 2018, along with a version for Microsoft Windows via Steam, a first for the main series. It will include voiced English dialogue, an additional "hard mode" difficulty setting, a first-person camera mode, and other minor changes. The 3DS version will not be localized outside of Japan, and the Switch version will be localized eventually, but not until sometime beyond 2018 due to "technical adjustments".[17][18]

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

being this out of the loop

Cameron Gonzalez
Cameron Gonzalez

That was the best part of FFVI for me...so that means I'm gonna like this DQ?

Isaac Lopez
Isaac Lopez

I'm very excited for it, especially since we're getting a PC version, and someone will inevitably make an orchestral mod for it.

Jace Wilson
Jace Wilson

Googling that only comes up with this thread. Where did you get that?

Zachary Hernandez
Zachary Hernandez

Can I somehow get the visuals, flavor and animation of the PS4 version with the 3DS gameplay, please?

please Square

Attached: DCaYdgpXcAUxz2a.jpg (116 KB, 1200x675)

Jack Cox
Jack Cox

I'm going to preorder and pay full price. I haven't preordered and payed full price for a game in like a decade. I'm excited. So, at least one person gives a fuck.

I got an email from square enix. it comes out in sept, and it has english voice acting.

Austin Young
Austin Young

Then you probably wouldn't like any DQ.
Yeah. It's similar. Not the exact same. You might see for yourself. To me, it felt like a natural progression of the story before and afterward. Others flipped out about it being padding. I don't agree with that.

I'm not going to try to guess who may or may not like a DQ at this point. There's been several games over the past thirty years. You know the general style of how the games play and how they're presented. You know by now if you like DQ games or not.

Matthew Campbell
Matthew Campbell

Wikipedia

Jack Lee
Jack Lee

Then you probably wouldn't like any DQ.
But I liked 3, and 9, and loved 8, and I love the Heroes games.

Jason Nguyen
Jason Nguyen

you've lived long enough to see dq decline
kek at least it's not exclusive so sonycunts can't pretend it's god gift to gaming

Carson Gomez
Carson Gomez

I want to waste more time with whiffed attacks or spending more turns on pure defense
It's not like the old style rewarded you in any way for guessing things right.

Aiden Jackson
Aiden Jackson

Is there anything new to the combat system? Are they using tension again?

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Then you already know that you'll be receptive to 11, so you didn't really need to ask me the question.
This isn't a decline. 9 being a handheld exclusive was the low point.

Austin Ross
Austin Ross

There's a tension like element in the combat but you don't have a specific menu command to build it up. Various factors will cause people to charge up at random, and it's from there where you can have super moves occur. Everyone has one solo ability and most team abilities are with the hero. That's basically about it for changes.

David Young
David Young

Goddamn man how retarded do you have to be to not understand google

Josiah Hall
Josiah Hall

alright thanks for answering bro

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit