>Where to buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQ:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Buyer's template for the unenlightened:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

Other urls found in this thread:

originativeco.com/products/pbt-carbon-black
aliexpress.com/item/keycool-84-white-PBT-compact-mini-mechanical-keyboard-kailh-mx-switches-game-ANSI-keycool84-mini-gaming/32282364912.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.29.RoGuW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in 4 mams

we early again

should have bought a pcb

How hard is it to DIY a numpad? I see the appeal of TKL, but I like my numpad too much to give it up.

Anyone know of a good wireless mechanical keyboard? Bonus points for LEDs under keys.

I dunno, I double and triple checked the diodes and the wiring and it doesn't seem to be an issue on that end of things

buy a filco

>Budget
60€-70€
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
Idk.
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
No.
>Previous/current keyboards
Steelseries 6Gv2, almost four years old now.

Suggestions anyone?

Did you check with a multimeter?

FILCO
I
L
C
O

using o-ringed dampened reds for typing, what a concept

My Elven kit

Trying to decide if I want new mods. I think Elven with the Granite text and icon mods looks too busy so I might get some grey blanks.

Rings aren't too mushy for you?

I'm of the opinion that a mix of legended keys and blanks doesn't look very good.

Not really, no. I don't really get the whole 'mushy' concept

I agree
all or nothing

Well, it's about how the rubber will stop you from travelling further, but there is still some give if you apply more force. It's this squishing that robs you of a definitive bottom to your keystroke, the presence of which can be quite satisfying.

I kind of regretted not getting a mod kit but once it got here I loved it. I thought I'd end up looking for a granite pack on mechmarket or buying some dye subs but I don't think I will.

almost bought it but realized the spacebar is non-standard. gonna wait for the keycool 84

Do you have one? I can't find a review of either of the two wireless ones I found.

only a wired one
i don't have a need for wireless

besides the keycaps and limited switch choices
i haven't found a higher quality feeling board

I have a Majestouch Minila, great little board if you can stomach the price.

Switches are consistent and battery life is amazing. 2+ months with heavy use is a breeze for these.

lol same, i'm getting a miami set soon and planned to get that kb with the white frame until i found out that the spacebar was non standard. going for the keycool 84 as well instead

Looks like you puked liquor and wiped it with a towel.

did that cuck IvanIvanovich ever show his face?

I don't understand mods like this.
To most people it just looks old and dirty not 'Fallout 4', or whatever.

afaik, no. I want my miami night set as much as everyone else does. Quite a shitty situation as some neets have spent 400+ on plastic. lol

how do you deal with some of the mod keys when buying keycap sets?

Probably not functionally sound to use. It's most likely a shelf piece. I think it looks pretty nice. I would not mind having a distressed looking case with mint caps desu.

Why would it not be functionally sound

I'd imagine that the discoloration on the caps would rub off with some use. I do suppose it being heavily used would add to the aesthetic.

>Budget
$100-$140(USD)
>Location (continent at least)
Mexico
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Blue or Brown
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form factor
60% or 80%
>Backlight
Dont care
>Previous/current keyboards
Cheap ones

Jesus christ, dude anime is just a hobby. Grow up.

Jesus christ, dude collecting mechanical keyboards is just a hobby. Grow up.

I dig 'em

Legit think I prefer the feel of ABS though

nice Tooru card

You will definitely not feel the actual ABS plastic through those WASD caps, because they have a shitty coating on them. Prepare to be disappointed when the coating starts to flake off.

I never get the whole ABS shine thing, never happened to me

Holy potato quality, Batman. But here's the HHKB I got in today. Still not 100% sold on the layout, it feels weird, but god damn do the switches feel so fucking good.

Anyone know of a decent PBT black/black set like the HHKB I can get for my Poker?

>flipped spacebar
kek

>Anyone know of a decent PBT black/black set like the HHKB I can get for my Poker?
originativeco.com/products/pbt-carbon-black

>kek
Don't even care, shit feels so comfortable. I can't go without a flipped spacebar anymore.

>originativeco.com/products/pbt-carbon-black
Beautiful; thank you sir.

I like my ABS pre-shined

you'll get used to the backspace being on the \ in no time. Now I get thrown off when I go back to my poker. also ctrl on caps is fucking amazing too.

>falling for the filthco meme

Why aren't you using the glorious buckling-spring master race, /mkg/?

Can't wait for mine to arrive next week.

>inb4 it looks ugly and I prefer muh aesthetic over function and years of IBM ergonomics research

Tends to happen on keysets that are pretty smooth to start with. Sorta like the entirety of GMKs lineup.
It's much less noticeable on sets that have a definitive amount of grain on the plastic.

Now I'm meme do I need to take aesthetic photos of my keyboards?
Oh right. Why is that? Is it oily fingers that does it?

>you'll get used to the backspace being on the \ in no time. Now I get thrown off when I go back to my poker. also ctrl on caps is fucking amazing too.
CTRL on caps is god damned amazing. Seriously, best thing ever. Took me all of 10 minutes to get used to. Delete on \ I can deal with. The part I really don't like is the arrow keys. I wish they were under WASD.

It also doesn't help I have a Planck kit coming next month too. It's gonna be fun jumping between all 3.

nice hair.

What do you feel makes a buckling spring keyboard superior to a Cherry or Topre based board? Just curious, they aren't too expensive on eBay and wouldn't mind having one laying around.

ABS in the industry is pretty well known as being a cheap, soft plastic. It's my theory that the minuscule amount of dirt that is normally on your hands slowly wears down the plastic with time. That amount of dirt acts like a very slow acting polishing wheel.
>theoretical, of course.

yes
backspace there just feels more natural. less hand movement.
I KNOW RIGHT

Natural oils from your fingers eat away at the plastic over time.

>backspace there just feels more natural. less hand movement.
I can't argue with that, it's just awkward to keep trying to hit backspace and wind up with 3 \'s

>yes
I may go up the woods this weekend then and get my meme on!

>theoretical, of course.
I'll accept that as an answer. I don't consider myself a materials engineer.
Sorta makes me want to get an abs set to see how long it would take to shine.

It's not some magic science. Constant abrasion will wear down ABS, oils or not.

The meme fell for me

Check the collection

What is that type of legend called? Those are the only type of caps I like other than blanks.

They're doubleshot with the Gorton font iirc

bucking spring is really overrated

what said

also checked satan

Completely disagree. Buckling spring is the sex.

Uh huh, we believe you.

sure you do buddy
my unicomp is also a piece of shit

Sounds like a personal problem.

more like mechanical
the d switch activates before the spring buckles
i'll probably have to send it in

Would a Topre Type Heaven be a good choice for a keyboard coming from a Das Model S Pro?
>Budget: ~$170 USD
>Location: USA
>Preferred switch type: MX Clear
>Layout: ANSI
>Form factor: Full
>Backlight: Couldn't care either way unless it's some gaudy gaymer shit
>Previous/current keyboards:
>>Das Model S Pro (MX Brown)

Hello /mkg/
Quick and dumb question, sort of new to mech keyboards. Do 60% bottom cases meant for the Poker 2 fit Royal Kludges (specifically revision 2)? Thank you.

Is there a portable bluetooth mechanical keyboard I can use with my Android device?

Royal Kludge, RK61. I think there might have been one by either Noopoo or Varmillo too, but don't quote me on that.

Are those capacitive keyboards that show up on Massdrop now and then any good? I'm not buying a Topre any time soon but I want to try out a different feel than Cherry MX style switches.

I posted earlier in the thread, just got my HHKB today (has Topre switches, for the record). It's hard to say, it has an interesting layout, but an incredible feel. I'm loving it so far, don't know if I'm loving it to the tune of $225, but damn it's good. If you ever get a chance to try one out, I highly recommend it.

The switches have a very different feel to them, and it's incredibly pleasant. Only thing I can say is I wish it had a slightly more defined click sound, but otherwise, it's damn good.

Hi /mkg/ i'm going to get my first mech. How about a ducky one? That's about the only good one i can import without spending too much.
Also cherry mx red or brown? I don't play videogames too much, i'd say it's 85% typing and 15% gaming. Sadly, i have no other choice of switches

Sounds like a good first board, reds are at least smooth without the crappy "tactile" bump in browns that just ends up feeling scratchy.

Who else here /reds/ ??

Autism in a nutshell

Squishy-feeling piles of garbage. Only good if you bottom out hard like a neanderthal.

I'm about to buy a realforce keyboard.

Am I making a mistake? They seem like the best

just for the WASD+ctrl cluster on my orbweaver

The best rubber dome boards, yes.

If a conic spring and capacitive contact is worth 200 dollars to you, by all means.

aliexpress.com/item/keycool-84-white-PBT-compact-mini-mechanical-keyboard-kailh-mx-switches-game-ANSI-keycool84-mini-gaming/32282364912.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.29.RoGuW4

Not sure I want it with kailh switches though... Might just wait for Massdrop to reissue it.

Oh look someone who shits on linears, never thought I'd see that

They come with warranties.

I'm thinking about getting one since my cheapo crossfire keyboard is going to shit with the left shift and left alt keys.

People do this??

Also browns are objectively inferior to blue/green. Go linear or tactile not mushy garbage

i can only see myself doing this with the UDLR cluster, since i use it to play stepmania. blue switches are the worst for rhythm games.

its actually really nice for WASD driving and FPS games

and clicky next to mushy is weird so thats why browns instead of blue/green. also everything is 40g springs

Seriously in love with this thing. May pick up some blank key caps for it

I would like to get one of those eventually. They look sick!
But that price tag though..

Hope you find one for a decent price. They are pretty great. Nice m13 btw

would def get modelfkeyboards.com before that.
capacitive boards and full customization for 1/3 the price

DAE """KISH"""SAVER WHAT A KEYBOARD WHAT A ITEM WHAT A RARITY

"""KISH"""QUOTES""""""KISHSAVER""""" IBM KEYBOARD """"KISH"""""""SAVER

wat? that's not nearly as cool as a kishsaver

Anyone here getting in on Shadovved's extras? Doesn't seem like he has a ton save for the colored beige sets. Gotta nab me a Whitefox set and some CMYK mods, prob some Ghost White caps too.

>1/3 the price
Yeah, but I don't want to even pay that much for one.
I've seen those before, if they reduce the size of that case I might consider it, but I think they are a bit bulky for a modern re-production.

they're actually doing an ultra compact F62 case that's exactly that.

imgur.com/a/BeclL

I'm waiting on him to show a working final version before I buy, there's only 8 days left to preorder but I'm sure they'll have other orders.

That's still a little bit bigger than I would prefer. But its a lot better than what they have right now imo.
Ill keep my eye on the site for the working version.