/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.watchuseek.com/f10/buying-sturmanskie-watch-744680.html
forums.watchuseek.com/f54/guide-determining-age-originality-poljot-3133-chronograph-599503.html
overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tag-Heuer-Mens-CAR2110.FC6266-Carrera-Black-Dial-Black-Leather-Strap-Quartz-Watch/7463356/product.html
s.aliexpress.com/ei6J7NNf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Really tempted to get this rep.

Can anyone recommend a good chink watch under $50 that supports 20mm bands? Any suggestions are fine.

You mean fake. And it almost certainly won't even be fucking titanium.

wtc a rep omega deville... where can you buy cheap reps?

I have a giant tax refund coming - anyone know if or where you can buy grand seikos in Canada?

But it's almost indistinguishable from the real deal.

What grand seiko are you buying?

Can't help you out with a location to purchase one from brick and mortar

forums.watchuseek.com/f10/buying-sturmanskie-watch-744680.html

forums.watchuseek.com/f54/guide-determining-age-originality-poljot-3133-chronograph-599503.html

I found two guides to buy Sturmanskies.

Maplejewellers right around toronto carries them.

thoughts on this orient monterey?

supposed to be similar to a tag carrera?

ntb...

can you link which one you're referring to? also what does ntb mean?

Untrue. Anyone who gives a shit about watches can spot a fake from 10 feet.

Also you shouldn't support slave labor industry.

ntb= not too bad

overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tag-Heuer-Mens-CAR2110.FC6266-Carrera-Black-Dial-Black-Leather-Strap-Quartz-Watch/7463356/product.html

oh, yeah i definitely see some resemblance there. i picked up the orient for $100 and put a brown leather band with some white contrast stitching on it. it definitely looks and feels far more expensive than it actually was. pretty satisfied with it so far. it's not automatic but eh, that kind of thing will come later.

>Fake wadshes are for fake ppl, OPEEH! My mommy reddit said.

This is how i imagine you, pal. Please consider not coming here anymore, newfag.

Get it! life is too short to throw money away for the real one.
If you worry about the chinck movement breaking, just put any other cheap movement in there. Fitting hands is easy, Finding one that fits will be hard.

This is the Swarzenegger watch I like. Some brazilian watch company but swiss? They still havent released a single watch.

>This is how i imagine you, pal.
I think that image is probably a better representation of some fake buyer. Who lusts so hard after some swiss shit that they're going to open their wallet for any chink shit that tries to mimic it to grab his shekels instead of buying something decent, like a Citizen or Seiko or some microbrand in their price range.

My current watch.
Do any of you know a good beater watch that i would feel comftrable using in the workshop?

Who /deskdiving/ today?

It's Monterrey, not Monterey. Fucking Japs, I know they can't into strong R's but making this kind of mistake is cringey af.

t. Spaniard

What kind of workshop? Are you on the hammer and chisel or in an electrical workshop or something?

>tfw I can't wear a watch at work

How's Franco going?

>How's Franco going?

Breddy gud, it's nice to see the caudillo every morning on my watch.

Was going to pull the trigger on this beauty a few months back

Something to confess, user?

My brother, he is also a watch enthusiast

Planning of selling my watches.

If you use hammers or subject your watch to socks and stuff, I'd expect the minute hand to come undone. I know this model. Looks good but the hand adjustment as fine from factory is shit.

I think eBay doesn't let you sell fakes.

>>tfw I can't wear a watch at work

what kind of job doesn't let you wear watch?

Like or no?

bad fake

An engineering workshop won't allow jewellery

And my current job it isn't pratical. In a kitchen, would bang it literally twice a minute on something and the heat over the grill would ruin it, this combined with high pressure water when cleaning stuff

s.aliexpress.com/ei6J7NNf

It is a bit pricey but it's the best looking chink watch I have seen. Add 30 dollars to your budget and get a parnis portugese.

I want a decent quality, minimalistic open heart for about $200 US or under. Can it be done?

Any good mechanical as daily beater with +/- 2-3 second deviation max per day, gauss resistance, protection against positional variance? Budget up to AUD 3,000.

u kno it

g-shock

dude ur skins peeling off, you gotta get some cream on that or u get leprosy

omega :^)

just a sunburn i got a few days ago, it's fine

Cool clock Ahmed

Used Tudor Pelagos.

claude bernard, y/n?

>Planning of selling my watches.
why?

No.
I looked at the website and the designs, and even without checking the price, I know they're overpriced.
"swiss luxury" oversized garbage with the cheapest ronda or eta they could find, garbage design, a french-sounding name that has nothing to do with watches.
literally the only appeal of the brand is that it's swiss made, and we all know that counts for absolutely nothing.

what buy instead. looking for a nice diver

What's your budget? What style are you looking for?

$600 give or take. Just a classic looking diver, really like the look of the submariner and seamaster 300.

Going for a lower budget options first.

Not exactly the same style, but look at Seiko's various offerings,SRP777, SKX007, the Monster. The submariner look is really overused.

Otherwise get the Orient Ray II, looks like a sub without being a straight out copy of one.

I was looking at the ray II a fair bit, but im unsure about the quality due to the cheap pricing.

Orient usually delivers some quality watches even at lower prices. But consider the following, the price of the watch doesn't always fully reflect the actual quality.

I got the MK.1 Ray for over a year now and i'm very pleased with the quality, though i don't have the bracelet.

Obris Morgan Explorer 2 (although quite long lug-to-lug, and probably hard to find now)
Seiko SRP775 (but the case design is very different from a classic diver)
Steinhart Ocean One (very much a Submariner "homage")
Squale 20 atmos

I have a Ray myself ( ). It's quite good, but the movement isn't great (the lack of hacking and handwinding), and the day window and extra pusher are a bit "quirky" (which I like, but you might not be into). The bracelet is very decent for the price (I got it for 110€ on bracelet).
The thing I dislike the most about it after wearing it for about 6 months is actually the shape of the lugs. I would have prefered something more straight, with less curves.

soki sub :^)

Now you're just confusing the boy.

Were talking about the Ray II with the newer hacking and handwinding movement. The lugs are nicely curved if you're not strangling your wrist with it.

I'm talking about this curve, not the one around the wrist. It doesn't show up that much in pictures...

Oh and my bad about the new Ray, I didn't know it was available already. You do get rid of the pusher and gain a better movement then, for sure.
I believe it's not priced quite as aggressively as the "old" model though?

>don't ever talk to me or my wife's son ever again

>classic looking diver,
No you're a poser
If you want an actual dive watch you get a frogman. Anything else is retardation. "Dive" watches haven't been used seriously for decades.
Really tired of this meme.

185$ on Longislandwatches, could be cheaper somewhere else but the owner is bro tier.

Alright, sperg-kun.

Probably 99.9% of dive watches don't go below 12 feet of water, but they're a rugged style with useful features despite being replaced by dive computers proper. Also that's ugly as fuck.

Yeah those Steinhart Ocean Ones look really good, probably getting one of them.

Thanks all =)))

opinions?
what type of hands should I use?

Depends on what sort of watch it is. Also colors. And is that pattern supposed to be guilloché along the lines of pic related?
Then you already fucked up. It's going to look stupid with date and sub-dial. It's too elegant for that.

no texture, the background will be just pain black, shinny silver like case with black croco leather strap.
yes maybe the date is too much.

That sounds weird. I can't really imagine the design.
Is it a dress watch or what?

yes, why it is weird?

Here you go. I'm not very good at paint, but you get the gist.

that looks nice, thanks

I work with factory production lines.
Fixing them and shit.

I'm going on a trip to Chicago in a few weeks and I'll be taking the train regularly at night. Should I just take a cheap, unobtrusive quartz at the risk of getting jacked? I'm not saying I will, just thinking ahead.

Alright, well a mechanical movement had potential then. They are prone to damage by serious shock and vibration, so a mechanical movement wouldn't be a good choice in you used a hammer and chisel or a jack hammer

Look at orient and seiko for a start, have a browse of Long Island watch. Com

There is a new model of orient Ray, I think it might be called orient Ray II or something, go check it out

Why the fuck would you pay money for that?

G shock

Hydroconquest in this motherfucker

Actually kill yourself for giving money to longeens

I'll rock the frederique constant business timer instead then

>frederique constant
Holy fuck you couldn't be more stupid if you tried

Care to elaborate? I'm really getting curious now

Cut off numbers, fake subdials and it's a reddit cuck brand.
Not to mention it's a fuck huge dress watch.
Also it's a literal waste of money along with that dogshit diver next to it.
r/watches would love it though. I recommend you fuck off to there and never come back.

Sounds to me like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. But it's fine, do you.

I wanted something cheap to wear at work instead of my terrorist watch.

But my hands usually get dirty and it looks so good that I keep wearing the F91W.

Fuck off please. We don't need more dog shit here.
>Looks good
Sure
But if you're bored of your terrorist open it up and invert the polarizer. Gives you the cool negative screen look.

Get off your high horse, faggot. What are you wearing?

I could smear a turd on my wrist and it would still be better than the literal filth that you own you fucking degenerate.
You got cucked into the entry level swiss meme, don't flaunt it here.
Again, r/watches is much more your speed

>invert the polarizer

Well that would be cool indeed if I had any fucking clue about electronics.

I think I'll do this to my almost-terrorist. A good cheap source of polarizing stuff is 3d glasses from the movie theater.

What are you wearing? That's all I need to know

A 5 dollar sheet with proper adhesive from ebay is probably better

Look for a used Orient Esteem

>What are you wearing?
Your mom on my cock
What else do you wanna know?

Oh man, I have never seen anybody get this mad over my watches. I actually feel proud. Enjoy the patek you must inevitably own.

>Gets shit on for his trash taste
>Y-you must be really mad!!
Sure. Are you gonna fuck off now?

Probably, but I just assumed he was a poorfag who wanted to spend as little as possible.

Holy fuck this is cool
brb buying a terrorist