Is there a better price performance tag than dell u2515 in 1440p monitors?

Is there a better price performance tag than dell u2515 in 1440p monitors?

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/lg-24gm77-b-full-hd-led-gaming-monitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Asus PB258Q is the same panel and I got them for $265 each

>PB258Q
thanks user, I will look into it. I'm just looking for half-glossy half-matte look in an IPS screen. I honestly like thunderbolt display so much but it's too glossy to be used in a shiny environment.

i have 3 of these and i gotta say the "semi" gloss is still pretty annoying
kinda wish i went with p2416d, price is way more reasonable too

>1440p monitors
You fell for the meme

fuck off faggot. I need it for work, not to pair with your shitty gaymen graphics card to achieve 60fps 1440p FREEDOM UF GAYMURS XD stuff.

I meant 1440 is the new 720.
It's HD Ready but not full HD

what the fuck

massdrop.com/buy/lg-24gm77-b-full-hd-led-gaming-monitor

Should I go for it? I'm not interested in meme resolutions besides 16:10 but those are impossible to find

>TN
It's a meme monitor.

Is the Acer G257HU good? It's cheaper than the Dell one on Amazon.

I already have an IPS monitor and I want to get a high refresh rate monitor to use alongside it for games and shit

In all honesty don't buy anything from massdrop, I just hear horror stories about QC and how companies make "special orders" with shit parts/components basically B-Stock, plus most of the stuff there isn't even cheaper than anywhere else

Also I think i saw an AOC 144hz 1080p monitor for like $204 on /r/buildapcsales
>inb4 leddit
actually a good subreddit for finding some good deals

Yeah I saw the AOC for $204 but I saw some reviews saying that the monitor was really really bright

Well it lacks a VESA mount and probably isn't calibrated as well and probably not the same panel (though i dont know of anyone else making a 25" IPS 1440p panel so not sure what panel it does use)

turn down the brightness? wtf

That's what I was thinking.

One guy said that he had to turn it down to 2 to make it bearable I don't know sounds like a sign of a shit monitor

It's better than 1080p but without the performance cost of 4k.

It's a great middleground in this point in time.

I also have 2 of these and they are great.

>he fell for the 25" meme
get 27 at least

Not gonna lie, I have my Asus PB258Q in this picture set to 0 brightness.

thanks I love my eyes. I don't want to "follow" the screen to find what I want. 25" for 1440p is the best for ppi purposes

25" 1440p is fine, 109DPI vs 117DPI isn't that big a difference.

meant this picture

>Asus PB258Q
CHRIST these are $550aud here

GET FUCKED PCCG

Korean monitor off ebay

I paid $540 for BOTH.

Costa the same as the U2515H here.
I wish the Dell monitor would go down in price so I can get a second one.

BL3200 master race.

Don't go any smaller than 32"

>BL3200 master race.
>Don't go any smaller than 32"

Can confirm.

Monoprice 30" 16:10 IPS mustard race reporting. Best money I ever spent. Enjoy it daily.

Remember when considering the price of a monitor, that it will likely last you a couple (few?) builds, over a period of many years. They are not at all like GPUs which need to be upgraded every few years.

lmao

1440p isn't even twice the pixels in each dimension. Does it really help aliasing in games? 1080p is pixelated as fuck. Yes, there's AA but so many games don't support it (or just FXAA).

even gtx 960 can handle 1440p. that's why 1440p is the current best resolution between 1080p and 4k.

How well the 970 manage in games like Overwatch and BF4 at 1440p ?
To obtain 60fps, what graphical preset should I expect?

tfw I ordered U2515 on Amazon the day they came out and received U2715H.

Id be pissed desu. I measured and two 27" won't fit on my desk but two 25" do.

Yeah, I was pissed off initially because I thought I would prefer U2515's PPI but it faded within first few hours of using it.
I can't afford second U2715H to pair it up with tho + I'm not sure even sure if I would need that much screen estate. Wish there was some smaller monitor with similar bezel thickness that I could put in portrait beside it. Like this guy did it in pic related.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME

I will always remember that day as the happiest in my life.

>$265 each
How did you get these this cheap?

I ordered from Amazon UK. You?

Amazon Deutschland

Dell is the way to go OP. My U3014 started having sleep issues and they shipped my replacement via next day air with a return prepaid label.

Newegg and sometimes Amazon has this model on sale between $250 and $275 quite often.

I believe you CAN do 1440x900 15.4" macbook screens. But as far as I know, no desktop LCD panels are that size/res

I've never seen under $259

Newegg has a sale in January and again last month. For $265. Limit 2 per or I'd have considered a third and bought a larger desk.

No but if you have the desk space consider saving up for a 27". You probably won't notice the PPI difference and you can enjoy those extra pixels more

>eurogay prices
literally who gives a fuck
go suck a muslim cock

I sure like u2715h it's kinda expensive though..
Would get 1 more if I had the money. Going to do 2xportrait when I get a monitor arm(have a couple of 24 inch for causal browsing

I have 2 of the AOC Q2577PWQ's and they are great. accurate colours and a good brightness. Was tempted by the Dells but didn't have the money at the time and the AOC's were way cheaper here in the UK.
No issues with them so far (had for 4 months ish)
pic related

Thickness on the bezel? Including inner-bezel. Couldnt find an answer online.

Dell P2416D

>full matte display

no thanks. I wish I had a drake reaction at this PC atm.

2mm outer bezel
6mm inner bezel that looks like screen
8mm altogether

Sweet, sounds like it's the dell panels that dell considered either inaccurate color, not uniform color/brightness or similar.

Still going to be a good panel, probably just won't be calibrated as well as the ultrasharp from Dell.

>Dell is the way to go OP. My U3014

If you need super accurate color reproduction out of the box, and can afford $1,200 (might be less now?) then sure.

But most people on here don't need that, and also are cheap/poor, and that's why I recommend the Monoprice 30" 16:10 IPS for around $500.

I read somewhere they use an LG panel? not sure if that's what dell use or what, i don't know much about monitors.

meant for

Dell probably gets first pick, they're picky about panels for the ultrasharp line and they tend to cost the most because of it.

Asus probably gets the same panels dell gets but after dell has taken theirs. Then AOC probably gets whatever remains of the good panels.

Of course if LG production is good enough quality then all the panels will be good regardless who you get it from. The Dells probably come pre-calibrated to a higher degree than any of the others and likely has the better back light bleed, color uniformity, etc.

If your not a professional though, it won't matter much and you can probably get away buying the cheapest one with the features you need.

>
>If your not a professional though, it won't matter much and you can probably get away buying the cheapest one with the features you need.

Korean panels are sketchy though and make me nervous. I prefer to pay slightly more and deal with a known American company. That's why I recommend Monoprice as a good middle of the road pick.

Fair enough

Though I don't think monoprice makes/sells the 30" 2560x1600 anymore

this is the best lloking setup i've seen here.
excuse the noab question, but which dell models are these screens?

Looks like mid/late 2000s 1920x1200 24" ultrasharp panels.

Not sure about the center monitor though

>actually liking huuuuuuuuuuuuge frames

>IPS
How can you guys enjoy those shit blacks. Dark movie scenes are a mess

>glossy
>drake.jpg

u2515h is the best there is that's in the middle of both matte and glosy

Literally any VA panel btfo's u2515h.
There is no reason to choose TN/IPS unless you are a gaymer

Those smaller ones on the left and right suck major ass don't get these. The colors and brightness are terrible. The newer dells (middle one) is much better. I have a similar set up but much less elegant because they're all different sizes and the middle one is 16:9 unfortunately

I have this monitor and it was a great investment. Got it for $300 slightly used and its perfect. Now I just gotta save up for a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor whenever those go down in price.

>Buying a 1440p monitor in 2016

How's the Acer XG270HU? The high refresh rate, fast response time, and FreeSync seem nice, but it has a TN panel. Should I just grab a QNIX and overclock it instead?

They go on sale frequently on newegg and amazon

how many inch?

144hz 1440p is quite nice. I get it tho if you don't play anything.

its the 5k imac.

As if most cards can run games at 1440p@144hz. I doubt any single card setup can do it on contemporary games.

27"