Xiaomi discussions thread /xdt/

Who xiaomi here?

And for those who don't know, it's pronounced sh-oami

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ByMPG1eFofE
smiui.net/kitchen.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get the fuck out of here.

Xiaomi Mi4c here, using CM13 because MIUI went full retard since 2016.

Also waiting for Mi5 4/128 Ceramic Black to appear but I am a little concerned about Bootloader and OS locks.

Thoughts on the redmi 3 pro? Anyone here buy one?

Seems like a great deal at that price.

What's wrong with miui? Reviews on the redmi 3 seem optimistic

I got basic version of Redmi 3, its cool for basic users, but not good enough for power users. Also it has locked bootloader so it might come with chink spyware and you have to wait for a week to get unlock approval.

MIUI is getting more bugs than improvement since start of 2016 versions. And they are starting to shit on community who made them what they are now.

I just want mainly web browsing and messaging, as long as those don't glitch out I'm happy.
Also battery life. I chose the redmi 3 pro because it gets good battery life in reviews.

How's your battery life?

You should be fine then and extra GB of RAM might come in handy although Xiaomi still has great resource management on 2GB version.
It can last for 7 days while using it for calls and occasional web browsing, 4400MAh works well with HD Scrrrn and 4+4 core.

I got redmi 3s for my old parents, they seem really happy and haven't bugged me about anything. Just disabled automatic updates and all is good. Kind of want one myself because of how cheap they are, I got a mi4c a bit earlier.

XHILL
H
I
L
L

Isn't it 4100mAh?

Also, what kind of SoT do you get and what's your usage?

Thanks user

I get 100 Yuans per post, cool eh?

I get it!

4400MAh is what I got when I measured charging from 1% to 100% but yeah official statement is 4100. It does not really matter at this capacity.

Pardon me for capital M

Got the Redmi Note 3 Pro, 10Ah power bank and the piston 3s. They're all really good products.

That's true.

Thanks for answering anyways user. I'm going to order the gold one because the grey is expensive and I don't want any mix ups between my sisters oppo r7 and my redmi.

Are 3rd gen Pistons good? I heard some negative reviews about bad quality earbuds making squeaky sound when you walk around and was recommended to buy 2rd gen instead. How are your feelings about 3rd gen?

They're okay. Quite low bass. MIUI has presets for EQ settings for their earphones so it brings it up a bit. I don't really walk around with them because these types of earphones tend to fall out of your ears.

>>>/csg/

Fuck off

Redmi note 2 or redmi 3?
Which is the better option?

If you want performance the redmi note 2 has the heliox10, but the redmi 3 is newer and has the more efficient SD616 and a bigger battery.

Personally I'd say go for the redmi, unless the 720p screen is a turn off for you

Unless you want mediocre battery and want it removable then go for redmi note 2. Personally I'll suggest the redmi 3 pro since you won't have to worry about battery since most people get double digit SOT.

Also i own redmi note 2 so take my word with a grain of salt.

>sh-aomi

What the fuck user

Miui is a ram hog. My redmi note 2 2gb ram won't cut it and keep reloading. My lg g2 perform miles better

Anyone know when the 128gb/Black Mi5 will be released? I saw some white pieces being sold but not Black.

The redmi 3 pro is 3GB ram. That should be better than the note 2 pro?

I own a Redmi note 3 pro myself but you should just roll xiaomeme discussion to /csg/

Polite sage

Redmi 1s reporting in
it was easy to root it and remove miui
it's still a great phone
i will not buy anymore xiaomi if they now make locked bootloader

I believe so. My redmi note 2 often have 1.2gb ram used for the system. I can't even open more than 4 or 5 apps.

use smaller gums

Sounds like it doesn't handle ram very well, my Nexus 5 performs well on only 2GB Ram, then again, I get around 1.3GB free on boot.

My computer illiterate buddy bought the redmi note 3 with locked bootloader and had a shit ton of trouble to unlock it

Since when did it become ONLY 2 GB, user...

well i got mi3 with 2 gigs and usually i got like a gig free

Correction: only the 32gb version has 3gb ram

When's the inevitable 'not-Macbook' coming out?

Its pronounced shao-mi you retard

Xiaomi, never again familia

What happened user?

Redmi Note 3 Pro 3GB/32GB Gold User here ready to shill, running AOSP, (everything works including fingerprint reader) enjoying my 8+ Hours of SOT.

8+ hours SoT

That's why I ordered mine, so fucking keen, coming from a nexus 5

How's the 10Ah power bank? Was thinking of picking one up since they are dirt cheap here and offered locally in these tech stores.

exactly why I got mine too, I was coming from a Moto G2 and that shit only lasted for 3 hours, this is godlike, I no longer need to worry about charging my phone halfway through the day and about how I use it, I just fucking do what I want on it and throw it on the charger before I sleep, wakeup and repeat.

It's a great power bank. The normal 10Ah power bank doesn't have quick charge or any overvolting 'features' so charging devices may take a little while but it charges fine. Just make sure that you get a legit Xiaomi power bank, there's quite a few fakes that are sold, especially on eBay and Aliexpress.

Also own a 10000mah Xiaomi external battery. I trust this company blindly. They've NEVER let me down on quality.

>gold
nigger

grey master race

oh okay, that's perfectly fine for me since I don't intend to charge my phone fast, right now i have a tiny 2200 mAh power bank that I use in my car sometimes so I'll just be replacing that with this 10Ah one, so it just means less charging the power bank.

this is good to hear.

Grey looks nicer but the gold is much cheaper.

Does the gold bezel ever get annoying? That's my only concern with going gold over grey.

Also waiting for price to drop below 210 aud before ordering, it was $206 recently too but I waited instead of ordering. Won't make that mistake again.

The only problem I've had with my Redmi Note 3 Pro is that sometimes "Shell" drains the battery significantly, the 5 days of battery life suddenly goes to 1 day, some wakelock bug relating to music playback. If they fix that it's BES phone.

Wanted to buy the Note Pro when I went to Vietnam but apparently not for sale there yet. Instead, I bought an Oppo in Australia for the 6" screen and massive battery. Put Cyanogenmod OS on it and it's been the best phone I've ever had.

Bought 8 of the portable chargers and they've been great.

Bought a set of earphones. Couldn't tell you which pair but while the sound was excellent for the price, the cord made a lot of noise which traveled through to my ears while I ran and the shape of them was just uncomfortable. Not the ones in this image.

Looking at the MiPad now

sadly they didn't have any other color except gold in stock and after hearing MIUI memory management horror stories with the 2G variant, I quickly jumped on the gold 3G of RAM variant before anyone else did. (yes I bought locally, because of convenience + it was cheaper than shipping it)

My sister has an oppo r7.

Got it on sale from dick smith, pretty solid for the price.

I'm getting a redmi 3 pro for much cheaper though, with similar specs, so I'm curious how it'll turn out.

I bought Redmi Note 2 for 125 dollars. Flashed CM 12.1 right away, but battery isn't great and pics are under 2 MB now.

My experience with Xiaomi products:
Redmi Note 2 - great hardware but shit software, which makes for a shit phone overall. Just get the Redmi Note 3 Pro;
16000mAh (10800 real) power bank - great product, almost one year old, no problems whatsoever;
Piston 3 headphones - best $17 headphones, the comfiest I've ever used, decent sound quality (extraordinary for the price though), comparable to the Vsonic VSD1S (~$40-$50).
Fucking chinks had to spend money developing their own shitty ecosystem and Android "flavour" full of bloated shit that can't do anything properly. I'm running AOSP since I didn't expect MIUI to be so abysmal, and I wouldn't have even bought it if I had known.

Why not miui? Could you not root and debloat?

I've found cm rarely runs as good as a stock based rom on my devices

I don't know seemed too iPhoneish, and I guess I'd have to contact my bank again to send me those tokens for their app.

Just get the Hybrids

RedMi Note 2, 20Ah power bank, MiBand 1s and Piston 3 here.
Sometimes I feel like an applecuck

Is gearbest a safe bet if I want an authentic powerbank? Too paranoid for ebay.

Yep.

You can, and it does run a lot better, but you lose functionality compared to AOSP/CM. I had CM12 and then 12.1 running on a Huawei G510 with 512MB of ram fucking over a year ago, and believe me, the software was better.

old MIUI looks a lot more forgiving on RAM usage than the new MIUI

Best Xiaomi earphones for the price these days?

So it's pronounced Shoah-Me?

Because that can be arranged.

For anyone wondering.

youtu.be/ByMPG1eFofE

It's worth it to root and debloat miui. My RN3P with 3gb sometimes runs low on memory.

There's a ROM builder here that removes most crap:
smiui.net/kitchen.php

It helps, but if you just want raw speed you should use the qualcomm asop ROM, which I'd do right away on a 2gb model.

What about battery life?

Should be good. It's as good as official with proper drivers etc because it was made by qualcomm for xiaomi, unlike CM that's always a compromise with broken shit or generic drivers.

That sounds awesome. Will definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks user

WE REALLY DON'T NEED THIS GENERAL
PLEASE MURDER YOURSELF

YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO BE ON Sup Forums
PLEASE MURDER YOURSELF

Redmi 1 here (no 1s). Mediatek is shit and MIUI is shit, but price is fucking good.

64bit mediatek is actually pretty good. Only thing they need to fix now is gpu performance and they'll be so much better than qualcomm.

You can't really beat the value of a mtk6753 or 6752 device, and then you get shit like the mtk6753p used in the $90 k4000 pro.

Mediatek have gotten really competitive lately.

> mediatek
> good
> no available CM

Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime here.
I'm waiting for my bootloader to unlock, should I get the AOSP qualcomm ROM on it or is it filled with pajeet-tier bugs?

Xiaomi stuff I also own:
>Bluetooth speaker
>shit ton of USB cables
>Piston 3's
>10Ah power bank

Already have the phone but got this in my emails from GeekBuying

is bluetooth speaker worth?

>gold bezels
But why

Definitely yes. The sound is ok, not too great but the best things about it are its battery life and durability. Also the design is pretty nice

This. Wouldn't the gold be distracting?

Laptop fucking when?

This. I want a good as fuck budget laptop already.

How long does it take to fully charge it?
What's your primary usage with 8 hours SOT?
Also, how stable is the aosp rom?

I have the 64gb version of mi5
But miui is just horrible on it
It's laggy and multitasking is just disappointing
Still waiting for a decent aosp/cm13 rom

why not the mi pad with windows?

That's not a laptop unfortunately.

It is when you get a bluetooth keyboard.

Are these good for watching streamers on Twitch.tv?

How did you root it? Via the official or unofficial method? I just request for unlocking the bootloader, will have to wait for 2 weeks. Xiaomi is making it very hard just to root.

I thought it was pronounced Yao-mi

Xiaomi Redmi 3 here reporting in. The size is just right and the battery life is great. I regularly get 10+ hours of screen on time.

another user using qualcomm's AOSP on his RN3P 3G/32G here, its a great experience battery/performance wise, this phone feels like a power house with AOSP compared to the consumerism/normie shit which it was on MIUI.

I am reallly excited about Miui8

unlock bootloader via unofficial method, no waiting needed, get the AOSP build by Qualcomm, it has no pajeet tier bugs because its built by Qualcomm not pajeet and raj in their basements with curry all over there fingers and shit everywhere.

Also RN3PP (pro prime) masterrace.

I really hope xiaomi would push that linux laptop out. I own nothing but thinkpads, but i would buy their laptop if it was not trash

I use a case and it barely looks gold, it actually looks quite nice desu.

No it isn't distracting, I use a case.

2 hours to charge fully
I use 3G only and I use a shit tonne of apps, I don't use greenify or anything, apps used: Clover, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, Reddit is Fun, Telegram, Neko Atsume, Shuttle+, these are my main apps I use but I do use other apps when needed, I get around 8 hours of SOT each day, I'm sure it can be pushed to 10+ if you used WiFi and use something like greenify.

Unofficial obviously, I applied for bootloader unlock the day I got it but I got inpatient after 2 days and decided to unofficially unlock and install AOSP, there's no issues with it except if you wanna flash MIUI you have to firmware flash so it relocks BL and kinda puts you back at square one but that's no issue if you just want AOSP.
This AOSP build was built by Qualcomm so its 100% stable and has 0 bugs, everything works and its better in terms of performance/battery life in MIUI, I don't see why you wouldn't want to use it, unless you like MIUI and I wouldn't blame you if you do, its comfy, but its a bit too slow/limited for me so I use AOSP with xposed and etc.

Note version is only .5 bigger and its better in some areas.

Same, can't wait till May 10th, hope they have a build out for the Redmi Note 3 Pro.

RN3P temps if anyone cares about them, using s case btw.

Why should I get the Redmi Note 3 Pro over a Galaxy Note Edge? I'm being offered the GNE at a similar price to the RN3P, so I'm kind of torn. Thoughts?