Hey I see you're using your computer right now, so let's rape your CPU and RAM!

>Hey I see you're using your computer right now, so let's rape your CPU and RAM!
What went wrong with OS X, Sup Forums? Fucking Windows 10 performs better on this machine. They stopped caring? Bad engineering? Planned obsolescence?

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.html5test.com/compare/browser/6622362e7251ac62/54b79a2e71e1c3a1/safari-9.0.html
forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-pro-2015-with-osx-el-capitan-10-11-4-system-wide-freeze.1963711/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not OSX's fault you're using shit like Google Chrome.

> chrome
> atom

> blames the computer

>atom

then tell Safari to give the .webm first-class status

>atom
>chrome

you literally asked for it. literally. as in you physically uttered the words "Just fuck my RAM up senpai".

>can't read a simple task manager
>can't see installd is to blame
Why are Apple cheerleaders so technologically impaired, Sup Forums?

>Macs

>chrome uses twice the battery power as safari

please apple, just give safari .webm support

And make it follow some HTML 5 standards for once

Mi negro

>please apple, just give safari .webm support

Its the other way around actually

Lel that's the only reason anyone uses Chrome on os x. I wonder if apple would care if browser wars were still a thing.

>using el capitan or yosemite
>with only 4GB RAM

I know, it's my fault for buying a computer with soldered RAM chips.

Doubting right now between buying a Windows laptop or just installing on this Linux, or maybe Windows 10 which handles 4 GB fine. Apple never again.

>soldered ram chips.

Safari supports .webm with the VLC web plugin

>he isn't using Safari Technology Preview

Yes, I'm not retarded. Is there a problem?

Here's Safari 9.0 vs Safari Tech Preview
beta.html5test.com/compare/browser/6622362e7251ac62/54b79a2e71e1c3a1/safari-9.0.html

Now post your uptime senpai ;)

Task manager thread?

17:37 up 24 mins, 2 users, load averages: 1,79 1,88 1,43

>up 24 mins
And why should I care about your memory usage if you just booted your machine?

Literally never had problems while making websites for safari.

Task manager thread!

~1,5GB RAM goes to Samsung SSD Rapid Mode

>not having an ssd that's rapid without using something called rapid mode

>anime on a disk benchmark program
Jesus Christ.

or what about buying a Windows laptop and installing Linux on it

Well I can't fit a PCIe SSD in my pc so... I turned on rapidmode

>complaining about anime on anime web site
Jesus Christ, what a faggot.

That's another option. Although Linux works well on this machine, so I think I'm going to postpone getting a new one.

so if your computer crashes right before the cached data gets written you just lost 1.5GB of data?

This is not an anime website my friend, I think you are mistaken. This is the technology board of Sup Forums.

>installing VLC unironically

That would be the case yes.

Crashed once. Nothing lost so far.

I'd say he's complaining about an anime skin on a program as opposed to anime on an anime website. I'd think any sane person would not go out of their way to make their programs look shitugly with skins. (A cartoon image there would be equally shitugly, as would a movie image there, or any other shitugly skin)

awoo~~~

Sorted by CPU now

The last OS X I used for considerable time was 10.6 and it was godly with RAM usage, CPU usage and battery life. This thing booted fast (and in a 5400rpm hdd mind you), worked fast and the battery lasted forever.

Then I had some experience with 10.7 and 10.8 and they were much heavier. They performed much slower with an HDD (I think Apple was concentrating only on SSD) and felt much heavier and slower than 10.6. 10.7 was full of bugs too.

How is it in 10.9 and 10.10. Has OS X gotten even slower, buggier and heavier?

Was 10.6 the best OS X and the best desktop OS ever?

>Was 10.6 the best OS X and the best desktop OS ever?[Advertise on Sup Forums]
Um no XP was

>Advertise on Sup Forums
You can't advertise something that's deprecated

Dunno how that got there, it isn't even on the screen for me to accidentally copy

10.9 was fine for me, 10.10 is when things started to go really bad. 10.11 improved the UI and the animations so it feels smoother, but under the hood it's still shit, as Yosemite. Yes, Snow Leopard is still the best version.

Can you use 4chanx on safari? Any extensions?

Not a macfag, is there a reason to upgrade then? What do you miss out on? Ismitnlike staying on Windows 7 vs 10?

VLC =/= VLC Web Plugin

It's one of the default skins
>This is the technology board of Sup Forums
>This is the technology board for people who are interested in anime and technology

El Capitan introduces Metal under the hood, which is bringing loads of improvements for apps that are built on that

El Cap is essentially Yosemite (fixed)

It's not like W7 vs 10 at all. Applications tend to drop support for the older versions much faster than Windows. For example, I can only run the latest Xcode on 10.11, maybe 10.10; but on Windows, you can run the latest Visual Studio even on Windows 7. Same with MS Office, for example, and others. Also security updates for Snow Leopard stopped a while ago, and 10.9 security updates will stop this year.

Metal is just a graphics library, and only works for certain graphics cards. El Crapitan is still basically Yosemite and not much has been fixed besides animation speed. Metal has nothing to do with CPU and memory management, which are the most important things of a kernel i.e. an OS.

yeah but not in-line which is annoying, also it's buggy; problems seeking, etc.

>latest Visual Studio even on Windows 7
lolno.

>Metal has nothing to do with CPU and memory management

Except that the whole point of Metal is that it's a Low Level API that drastically reduces the overhead of OpenGL which is what they were using previously.

So, you're kinda right, but mostly wrong.

Nope, I'm 100% right and you should stop parroting Apple marketing materials. The only thing Metal improves is graphics performance, and has nothing to do with the kernel memory management or scheduling.

Now get out, retard.

Fuck off hordan, it's cinco de mayo.

My MBP (2012 edition) was slow as fuck under 4GB, but is a fucking breeze at 8GB. It's the strangest thing. I know you're baiting, but I can use Chrome with lots of tabs, Atom with lots of extensions, iTunes, various social programs (Mail, Messages, etc), zsh scripts all day, without a sweat

I mean, I did just explain to you how it improves performance and reduces cpu/ram overhead, but whatever fag.

Keep on being triggered.

Why would I be baiting? A fucking system process is allocating 3 GB of my RAM and making my computer swap.

>My MBP (2012 edition) was slow as fuck under 4GB, but is a fucking breeze at 8GB
Good for you for getting a computer where you can upgrade your RAM. I'm not making the same mistake again.
>but I can use Chrome with lots of tabs, Atom with lots of extensions, iTunes, various social programs (Mail, Messages, etc), zsh scripts all day, without a sweat
With 8 GB that's not very impressive.

>using =/= and not !=
get the fuck off Sup Forums

i know it's not. made a world of difference in my computer usage though.

That's fine.
So good is only having 8 GB RAM and probably paying more than I did for my rig with 32?

It really does. OSX seems to be built for a minimum of 8GiB of ram.

I wonder when they're gonna stop pretending they support less than that.

>dropbox
>google drive
>google botnet
wew

Cry more pissbaby.

I think he's referring to "Universal Apps" or Windows Store shit, which is only supported on Windows 10.

>tfw firefox eats the shit out of memory over time

Anyone else on El Cap 10.11.4 getting random fucking freezes (like straight up graphics driver crashes or similar) and beachballs of death randomly?

seems like it happens frequently on this version in particular, no problems with 10.11.3

>Windows 10 performs better
Literally the same shit, Linux or nothing

None here, what graphics hardware do you have, and if it's hd4000, are you using FF?

I'm using a 2015 rMBP, I think it affects mostly the IGP that shipped with broadwell CPUs (could be wrong on the series there)

chrome and safari

go back to mexico

Sorry, I have no idea then, might be this webkit bug though.

forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-pro-2015-with-osx-el-capitan-10-11-4-system-wide-freeze.1963711/

there are a lot of problems with el cap that need to be fixed desu, I bet yours is just one of a handful

That's what you get for not having automatic updates turned off

Strangely, I've had no problems with my 13'' 2012 mbp. The only problems I've had were a graphics bug in 10.10 caused by FF, and the flimsy shit sata cable crapping out on me when I got an ssd.

they're nice until supreme overlord fucks shit up.

i swear to god the older i get the more i hate all software

>Strangely, I've had no problems with my 13'' 2012 mbp
this is because 2012 uses sandy bridge I think, totally different chipset and IGP and such

10.11.4 introduced new GPU driver gizmos iirc which seem to have a lot of problems

I meant since I've gotten it. Maybe apple or intel is getting sloppy with drivers, whoever writes them.

it's probably a combination of factors. I've had a great experience with my Apple™ products in general and I do have other macbooks that don't have such problems, so I'm unconcerned

it's a minor annoyance right now

I see some problems user.

>you don't have automatic updates turned off
>you're using chrome
>you only have 4gb of ram

Though the problem is mainly the first one.

> memory pressure
> pressure
what

Osx compresses memory of programs not in use, similar to zram in linux kernels.

damn cuh quit trippin the memory pressure is green

>memory pressure

>brew update && brew upgrade
>fan spins to 5k rpm

I like it so much but the fact that the fan gets so noisy when downloading shit makes me regret my purchase because the whole point of getting a MBP is because it is suppose to be silent.

>downloading shit
It's compiling dipshit, that's like complaining that gentoo puts a load on your computer.

I would just go with Linux

>Fefe ohne SSL

Nah, he's complaining its noisy.
You can have quiet cooling. My t540p doesn't get loud under load.

Schlimm?

nigga what

now cpu

He just needs to spray some wd-40 in the fan hole.

↑ ubelievable that such an idiot could find his way to Sup Forums

It's buggy as hell.

Build wall

I don't read poor.

>he fell for the apple meme