How many domain names do you have Sup Forums?

How many domain names do you have Sup Forums?

What do you use them for?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherfuckingwebsite.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=-6jc9epUspY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A few.
For websites.

A few. For websites.

One. For a website.

Zero. For a null website

samefag

>5 replies, 6 posters
>samefag
Learn to count, fag.

xnvt.info

Got one I use for easy access to my homeserver.
Hosting your own "cloud" is kinda fun.

I have to admit, "there is no cloud, it's just your own computer" sounds way better than "there is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer".

Nice brutalist design. I wish more websites used ASCII or simple graphical solutions.

thanks
it's a bitch to add centered text though

2. Parked.

>it's a bitch to add centered text

You're right, a real pain.

>. I wish more websites used ASCII or simple graphical solutions.

Not mine, but a neat website: motherfuckingwebsite.com/

>entire content is in a
u wot

>Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu) Server at xnvt.info Port 80
>not using Debian
>not using nginx or lighttpd

>what is css?

I own 3
2 are parked atm
1 has a shit tier wordpress install

I set it up awhile ago and only upload swf's to it, performance wasn't much of a concern
it costs me $20/year to run

One for my personal website and brand.
I offer do literally everything.
If someone contacts me, which happens often, I take their order and forward it to cheap Indian developers.
During day time I am working as code monkey.
That's the life.

I thought about creating a framework for building ASCII website layouts. Simple markup would be translated to text. JS would be used for determining window size and it would change borders, alignment of elements etc, if the user has JS enabled.

Then I thought it's too much work for a lazy bastard like me.

This is how websites should look like, really. Universal, lightweight and everyone can load and make them.

>This is how websites should look like, really. Universal, lightweight and everyone can load and make them.

It reminds me of the comfy days when facebook just started out, it was so simple it just worked. Now its filled with memes and too many scripts.

>
>I have to admit, "there is no cloud, it's just your own computer" sounds way better than "there is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer".

I'm working toward setting up the same thing right now. When I get it all running, I will remove Google Play and all other Google services from my phone.

Pic related.

>
>This is how websites should look like, really. Universal, lightweight and everyone can load and make them.

Many still do look like that. What's stopping you?

>tfw I can't move away from gmail because I've used my address for literally everything and it'd be a huge pain to move to my own domain's email
plus it's nice to have a secondary email for spam, and just in case you fuck up your self hosted email

skiddie.net

the whole website is a joke senpai

nice games
did you make them yourself ?

That's why I use separate email addresses for every occasion. For registrations, for different types of people etc.
It's easy to ditch one of them when you don't want or need it anymore.

>Many still do look like that. What's stopping you?
Nothing's stopping me personally. I run a simplistic website, almost only text-based.
But most people would see it as unprofessional because they have a different expectation about how websites should look.

How much cash do you need for starting such outsourcing business? How do you promote yourself?

I only have one domain both for email and server testing stuff

This pretty much. I use a few for websites and a couple for personal servers that I don't want to remember IPs for.

>what is proxy
>what is vpn

lol. Would the joke be worth going through all that trouble?

> How much cash do you need for starting such outsourcing business?
You need to be able to pay the Indians, which can range from 10% to 60% of what you earn, depending on how stupid the customer is and how well you work together with your Indians.

> How do you promote yourself?
Word of mouth.
Clients I came into contact with from my daily work.
I am not always passive, sometimes I take the initiative at job websites and contact potential customers.

Is that what domain names look like? Never seen one before.

1 domain name, I host multiple services on subdomains

right now only 10, for simple websites and internal use.

used to have around 300 to run proxies.

no, nearly everything is shit I grabbed from /f/

About 20. I use one for email. And the rest are names I could pick between when my new site will go online soon.

Anyway, do you guys prefer firstname.net or lastname.net for your personal email?

Apache server 2.4.10 ? Seriously dude ?

One, nothing.
I'd like to use it to set up a personal cloud/ backup server and use it for email, but it's low priority.

geroni.moe

I've thought about this, but I imagine it would just make my network more of a target. Even without a domain I get several attack attempts a day.

nicememe.website

watchu gon do bout it ?

nicememewebsite.website

Twelve. One is my last name as a .org mostly for a [email protected] e-mail address. I also have a few for novelty e-mail as well. Some of them redirect to social media or live streaming platforms for friends. One is reserved for a personal site I am currently developing. Another is reserved for a project.

I can't show my meme domain because my private domain registration isn't on yet.

0 because I don't know how they work

And you'll have to get a new domain now.
It's forever in your WHOIS history.

I guess I could transfer it and then use a false name.

None, cuz i'm retarded

It's still going to be in a WHOIS history.

About 20 domains. I'm letting some of them expire though. I don't do enough with the ones I have. IRC bouncer, static website on S3...

he's posting from few domains

>nicememewebsite.website
youtube.com/watch?v=-6jc9epUspY

>1
>Email Server

>what is love
>baby don't hurt me

A few keks!

Have two, one I used to run a music label from (long dead) but now use as my main email address and gmail account so I pretty much have to keep it alive forever now. The other is for personal portfolio purposes (I'm a freelance video director/editor) so pretty boring.

One, so I don't have to remember my IP.

Two
A .org for my vps and a .club for home

sent ;)

A website that I host my image board on.

where are you hosting it?
$20/year sounds cheap

One for my mail server and giving out subdomains to my friends.

Some personal projects/websites, some are facebook like domains I redirect to a domain parking site.

It only gives a few $ but those domains are included in my webhosting so they're at least used for something.

have a .com for an ecommerce business

pretty much sitting idle due to college

cost a bomb, soon to expire too

Only one for an anime usenet indexer.
I might buy another one when I graduate just for a decent looking email address.

none of ur links work

One. My name .net. My own site, wiki, git repos, all hosted on nearlyfreespeech because fuck shitty TOSes that get offended by your stuff. "Ok we'll host your shit but if it offends our sensibilities or those of anyone we know we kick you out"

Anyway I also use subdomains to map to my home network resources. Restrictively firewalled, passwordless security – Yubikeys only. Got a home server cluster that I'm slowly scaling. Provides all my data hoarder object storage needs.

I'd also implement internet streaming for all my music and maybe video collection... If my fucking internet wasn't so shitty. But since I'll be the only user (maybe add some friends keys?) and these are my machines and everything's encrypted I don't have to worry about DMCAs or some shit

How reliable is it?

I have one hosted on Gandi, its meant to be a website but it has sat there un-designed for 1.5 years

I've got four of them:

- personal domain that I mostly point to random servers I spin up

- two moe domains that just show cute anime girls

- a fetish site for /d/eviants