"Son, we are telling you all the jobs out there are graphic design related"

>"Son, we are telling you all the jobs out there are graphic design related"
>"You're good with computers, you should take a graphic design class."
>"So many companies need graphic designers right now, it's the future!"

Did anyone fall for this meme?

God no, I've read nothing but horror stories from graphic designers.

>being a bootlicking wageslave
no thanks dad.

Being a NEET is much, much worse

I almost did in high school, thank god I didn't give a shit about my future back then.

I would not hire the piece of shit that made that imagine for graphics designer, that's for sure

That is a horrible slide

Ironic that it's for a graphic design course

I can't even read this shit man

Are your parents graphic designers or something? Otherwise I can't imagine why they would think that. Who the hell thinks
>You're good with computers, you know what you should really major in if you want to make money? Not math or CS or engineering or any nonsense like that! Fucking graphic design!

A basic idea of how to lay out a screen in a pleasing way is useful. You don't have to be an expert--just get the basics.

>imagine
Meant "image"

How is this going to convince anyone to do graphic design?

You'd be fucking surprised. It's all I would hear in high school from teachers especially the computer teachers even the principals.

Back in high school all the computer nerds and jocks did graphic design cause "I'll make tons of do$$h!" The math nerds and future engineers did robotics.

I think CS is becoming the new Graphic Design in high schools now.

Is this even a meme? I've heard web design but not graphic design.

post some of the stories I'm genuinely curious.

>jobs are out there all you gotta do is look
>firm handshake
>mumble mumble back in my day muble

seriously though. codemonkeys these days are a diamond dozen.

Maybe it's supposed to convince you that there are job openings for graphic designers.

Why are Indians such beasts when it comes to coding?

They are the GOAT race at coding and tech in general

>diamond dozen

dime a dozen retard

Says the wagecuck

This is a stupid idea that floats around. The issue isn't that there are so many graphic designers, it's that so many people go into the field/get a degree in graphic design that are fucking awful. I have a degree in graphic design and about 100 of the 110 people on my course were fucking terrible. I now own a design firm, this idea about graphic design not leading anywhere is a load of rubbish. Employers want someone who is capable, not someone with a degree.

>diamond dozen

lel

>Ex went to school to become a graphic designer
>4 years in school taking all sort of shit classes
>been out of school over a year now
>no job
Always knew this would happen especially she's she does absolutely nothing to take advantage of the contacts she has

so new

>4 years for graphic design classes
people aren't this dumb?

except what if only one person was paying for the weed and they dont know the people they're sharing the bowl with, and didn't agree to share with them? Not too fair is it? cuck

>this kid probably got passed so the teacher wouldn't have to deal with them one more semester

Why should you major in CS if you're "good with computers"? CS isn't about installing Adobe Reader.

imagine being such a huge retard that you actually attack the politics described by a joke image in an unrelated thread

Let's say that I'm getting and I'm the only person (not bluffing) in the class that's pretty much ahead. Pretty interested in it and all.

I can't expect a job in this business but at the very least what I've been capable of doing kinda makes my teacher get interested more in my progress than anyone else's.

Should I continue this path? I mean I always heard things like "go user, do whatever you're really good at" but some things seem like even if you got good at them, they would get you nowhere. Even under the circumstances you describe.

I mean I don't want to be a debbie downer to myself but shit man look at this thread. It's like being described as a clown.

>just get these IT certs, you'll get a good job anywhere!

Nope. I fell for the SAP meme instead.
>pros: Actually pays really fucking well (25, making $100K/yr)
>cons: supporting SAP software

>Did anyone fall for this meme?

No.

Are you saying if I go back to school for my A+ cert it won't matter?

If you need to go to school to earn the A+ the only job you deserve is flipping burgers.

nigga that's the joke

Graphic design and the arts in general are a horrifically over saturated market now. You're fucked if you're not connected deeply from day one.

I already work retail so I can't really downgrade unless I'm willing to settle down and kill myself. It's just a course offered for like $50. And pretty much all A+ are only offered at college.

Also are you implying everyone on Sup Forums is smart enough to earn the A+?

>go to college
>get a law degree
>be moral and correct
>can't get a cent
>be a literal lying dickhead
>get shit tons of cash

life is impressive sometimes

>Also are you implying everyone on Sup Forums is smart enough to earn the A+

I would certainly hope so. Unless it has changed significantly it was a pathetically easy test. I spent a weekend brushing up and passed both tests with an almost perfect score.

Yeah, getting a degree doesn't magically make you a great artist.

Money sounds nice. But goddamn SAP is garbage.

What did you study/intern to get that gig?

Alright pajeet, calm down

If they are such beasts with tech why are they still shitting in the streets and unable to make their entire country not look like a huge slum?

I like how meme has evolved to mean basically whatever the fuck you want it to.

>he fell for the meme meme

Meme off.

Nice meme digits user.

Yours are memetastic as well.

Y you too

Lmao I remember a professor of mine almost tricked me like this but getting some sort of windows certification. The test was three hours and I had to pay for it. The kept saying I could apply to so many business now with that cert