Windows 10 installs while streaming counter strike to 130,000 ppl on twitch

Windows 10 installs while streaming counter strike to 130,000 ppl on twitch

theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/04/windows-10-updates-ruining-pro-gaming-streams

oh wow

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-no-longer-allows-administrators-to-block-windows-store-access-in-windows-10-pro/
blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2016/03/gwx-control-panel-release-notes-and.html
similarminds.com/bigfive.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>We turned off everything
We turned off everything :^)

i would have smashed the pc

I want to punch that guy in the face for not running GWX control panel on his fucking streaming PC.

You are either tech illiterate or an idiot if you're using using Windows in 2016.

>winfags will defend this

wait, how can he still be streaming if his computer is updating? hmmm

oh wow who cares

That's why you have pro, and set it up correctly.

>130k people watching a guy install windows 10.

This isn't the future I chose.

You know that was staged, right?

Two computers

Counter Strike werks perfectly on Ubuntu, or as I've been calling it, GNU/Ubuntu ;)

>Ex-Professional

Yeah, he definitely is now.

I think capture cards

it wasn't 130k people watching, that's just how many people on Twitch follow him. Leave it to media sites like The Guardian to misinform for the sake of misinforming.

There is something shocking about an update you can't control, but he had to have ignored several warnings and notices to get to that point. Also I read somewhere that it's strange how the game doesn't even crash to desktop first. That's one hell of a fast shutdown routine.

Lots of streamers use a second rig to capture the video from the gaming PC and stream it.

"I'm too retarded to turn off / schedule my updates so I'm going to blame Winblows for my stupidity"

wew lad wincucks are one of the most retarded people that exist

They use another pc so they don't have to alt tab the game when they want to read the chat or do something offscreen

>using shady software to gain basic control over your own computer
Windows cucks

>video games

You deserved what you got.

This merits a whole fucking article? 2016 journalism, ladies and gents.

>this is what mentally retarded pedophiles actually believe

Is it so bizarre and aberrant of people to like video games? Perhaps, at a time when video games culminated in Pong, I can understand why you might reproach someone for being as fascinated and invested in video games as they are now - but the medium itself has advanced to a level where it can and does offer compelling experiences for story and competition.

That's easily doable with a second screen, no need for a second pc

it baffles me how these people have jobs

>Microsoft no longer allows administrators to block Windows Store access in Windows 10 Pro
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-no-longer-allows-administrators-to-block-windows-store-access-in-windows-10-pro/

MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Ok so the guy could have been specific saying w10, but defending it? Just stop.

Their prioritization of clickbait volume over quality is how they got their job in the first place.

>GWX control
Dumbass detected

26 years old man
Still playing vg

lol. anyone have link to actual video?

not the user you're replying to, but: blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2016/03/gwx-control-panel-release-notes-and.html

>you must be a pedophile if you use Ubuntu

I think the point is that it's far too late:
>GWX Control Panel is the easiest way for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to protect their computers from Windows 10.

For all we know the installation of Windows 10 was voluntary in this case. So for perhaps two reasons it's a shitty suggestion.

You don't ened a fucking control panel to remove the GWX bull shit unless your a normie retard.

Everyday it's harder for me to go back to Windows.

Like I think "well, maybe for like, these games that I just want to play for fucks sake" and then it keeps getting shittier and shittier

>>using shady software to gain basic control over your shady software.
Windows cucks.

If you read, enterprise editions aren't effected. Also, remove the fucking icon. Wow so hard.

don't worry

you just have to turn off a few additional everythings is all

windows 10 is so safe, thank you very very much

>he cans stream while the setup is launching and installing
Seems legit, totally not just an ebin troll with a VM

some damage control, pajeet?

>what is a second PC

Go to bed grandpa

Not related here

>Ex-professional Counter Strike player turned full-time streamer

These are now career moves in 2016

Second PC with a capture card, he's a CS GO streamer, can't have the added strain of video encoding while playing games, leave it to the other PC.

streamerfags BTFO

glad to see at least microsoft is doing something to kill this cancerous hobby industry

Capture card/second PC you dumb fuck.

Teenagers feel more 'grown up' if they cultivate hate for things they think are 'immature'.

Yes but with a second pc you don't lose any fps on the games and you can get better quality.

I use OS X, you're wrong.

>r9k
>roleplaying

End yourself

>culminated in Pong
you mean when it was the only video game, dumbass?

Literally nothing wrong with domming your subby ~

What's wrong with /r9k/? And what do you mean role playing?

WINBLOWS 10, NOT EVEN ONCE

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

Dumb frogposter

I don't post Pepe, not even on /r9k/.

dumb blogger

but im a pedophile and i use windows 10

I don't get it

counterstrike uses so little cpu time on modern processors that the OS thinks the pc is idle.

CUCCKED AGAIN, WINCUCCKS

I've never got this intrusive shit.
Is it because I never turned Windows Update on?

Holy shit dude is that an 8k monitor? Where did you get it?

It's a 5k iMac running in 8k mode.

>It's a 5k iMac running in 8k mode.
wut.JPG

How the hell does that work? Is the scaling really as bad as people say it is? 5k imac is the only affordable 5k system so I might jump on it to pixel peep.

Yes. I've installed GWX Control Panel on my Windows 7 machine to get around that horseshit.

>BUY SHIT AT OUR STORE

You can disable windows 10 from auto restarting using the task manager.

OS X allows you to have more workspace at the sacrifice of sharpness.
So by default, the 5120x2880 works like 2560x1440 because the UI is rendered with 4 times as many pixels.
OS X also lets you render the UI at higher resolutions that get downsampled to fit your screen resolution. It means you can have much bigger work areas, but things are less sharp (but still way sharper than a normal screen).
You need to use RDM to enable the hidden 8k mode.

Scaling on OS X is basically perfect. You might see one or two unmaintained applications such as unetbootin, but they just render at "normal" PPI and then nearest neighbor scale 4 times as large.

If you get the 5k iMac make sure you get at least a 2TB "Fusion Drive" or an SSD. It'll take weeks for you to get it shipped from Apple as well. Their delivery estimates are bogus.

>not having the Jew win 10 updates disabled.
Well you asked for it

Relevant gif 10/10

It literally comes with most computers.

That's the whole point, you don't have a choice with microsoft.

Hello Miles. Would you like to role play?

I'm not really into roleplaying.

You post that same akari every day on Sup Forums

>turningofwindows10update.gif

I meant can you be my dom? ;_;

No video?

I only bully lolicons. I also came not too long ago so there's not much I can do about that.

Because it's cute.

It is cute.

I always appreciate it being posted.

I-I'm a lolicon! :3

Daily reminder

Then you'll have to get me when I'm in a lewd mood. I also only like bullying extremely perverted lolicons.

Cool.

A-add me on Steam. My username is Phenol and I have the most cute anime picture!

>November update
He is a retard for not updating for 6 months. Is no wonder windows forced the update.
Also not sure why he was so surprised when he basically did nothing to stop it.

Can't find anything.
I also hope you know I don't talk to people much. It's stressful.

>macfag
>literal fag

Aint even surprised.

Must suck not being able to see the Internet in 5k.

W-well then can you take this and tell me your results? :3

similarminds.com/bigfive.html

Must suck having to suck dicks all day.

The guy is too stupid to turn off auto update and then disable all the updates to do with Windows 10. Info has been out for an extremely long time now, there is no excuse for you to complain.

People who are so stupid they put off updates forever and leave their OS unpatched for months and years are exactly the type of retards that need updates force installed desu senpai.

>has windows in the first place
>not upgrading to the superior version
Good thing Microsoft fixed that for him.

I took Big Five plenty of times before, but I don't remember if these are the same scores.

I'd like to interject for a moment. Whom you are referring to as Akari, is in fact Akarin, or as I've recently taken to calling Akaza Akarin. Akari is not her name on it's own, but rather another important component of a complete identity Blank Room/Akarin as defined by YRYR.

Many anime fans watch a certain character every day, without realizing her proper name. Though in a peculiar turn of events the version of Akarin which is widely know today is "Akari" and many of her fans are not aware that it is actually Akarin, sister of Akaza Akane.

There really is Akari and there are people who go by that name. But the person you are referring to is not.

Akari is just a short form: the name people gave her for their convenience. Akarin is normally found in empty pictures. She can only exist in context of her fellow schoolmates. All the so called Akari (or blank pictures) are actually pictures of Akarin.

i want to fug akarin

use group policy to turn off windows update

Oh hey we have the same type. :3c

What do you do for work?