Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

having a mongol in charge of the project

Your mum fell in love with your dad

Xorg

With Linux? Nothing. I love it.

no games

Nothing. It's much better than the Windows NT kernel.

Are you still living in 2004?

>Now that the dust has settled
Fuck off, Sup Forumsermin.

False.

They focused on the wrong things. Instead of fixing the things that needed to be fixed (a decent window server, a decent compositor, a decent DE, things like video accelerated by hardware in browsers working) they focused on things like GNOME3, GTK3 and other backwards-incompatible changes.

Those things have literally nothing to do with Linux.

nothing, its what makes non-apple phones function and keeps most servers up. just because Sup Forums doesn't like it doesn't mean that its suddenly bad (in all honestly, it often means its good)

Classic Sup Forums maymay

forking

when you give no monetary incentive to focus on the things the consumers want, it leads to massive forking because developers start doing what THEY want on a OS.

hahaha he things windows has a more functional gui than something thats completely customizable.

he also runs a gui on his web server with windas overhead.

OS X made it unnecessary.

>when you give no monetary incentive to focus on the things the consumers want

consumers are idiots and don't know what they want, some of the best software is written by passionate devs with contributions from outside sources that share the same views

dumb tripfag cancer

Games are now constantly being made for Linux.
Old games can be played with wine, really, I can't see any problem with games?

Not sure if serious or genuine idiot.

>They
who?

We have this thread every day.

Actually, yeah, probably this. Besides gullible normies, people using the Unix-y development tools are probably the biggest Mac users. If there was no Mac, all of the people making these shit phone apps would be using Linux.

systemd

I don't agree with this. I don't think there's really anything that Mac exceeds at over Ubuntu besides artistic stuff.

Unrelated, but I know a painter who swears by GIMP and does everything in it. He thinks it's the best painting software available... and he uses Windows to top off the strangeness.

/thread

Now kill yourself, OP

Anything else is obsolete, ugly, or broken.

It's time to swallow your adolescence and use the better tool, user.

GNU was a mistake. It's not too late to switch.

Without RMS, BSD would still be propritary bullshit like Windows.

Go to bed, Richard.

Nice stockholm syndrome

Guys how should i go about coding my own GNU/linux competitor.

start with the logo

>propritary bullshit
no, I'd be as dead as the rest of UNIX if it didnt open source. Windows is it for competitors in the close source market.... Anyone remember how well BeOS did lmao?

what a shame, maybe it could have been successful like OS X.