TI and casio babbies need not apply!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WmaAl6hPzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This calculator fucks in half all other calculators

good enough for me

Boom take this babies.

My baby

You faggots making these threads constantly are actually starting to make me want to fall for the rpn meme. I noticed an HP-12C on a co-worker's desk today and instantly thought of how this thread comes up 12 times a day on here.

>using calculators with low resolution

I like this one because it keeps roots in its answers.

The only good calculator.

good taste

I love my two. However the battery on the nspire is shit.

> not being master race

Voyage 200 is better than the TI-89

Okay.

I own both TI86 and an HP48g.

I got them when I was in high school, and basically always used the TI86 because that is the one I got first and... well, I never had a real trouble with that.

So tell me, Sup Forums, can you list some real reason why I should stop using my Ti86 and start using my HP48G ?

Please note that I have used many "advanced functions" (matrix, graphing, programming) and have never been disappointed (considering it's a calculator, after all).

I am master race. I'm on a PC. Not a fucking mobile phone, you giant faggot.

> implying I'm on a mobile phone

IOS emulator. How fucking lame is that. What a huge waste of bites and bytes. SUCH A WASTE. DO YOU HEAR ME. IT IS A WASTE. YOU ARE A WASTE. YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR WHO YOU ARE.

try beating this one then

I always hated that there's no option to disable that
Always having to press a button sucks

BOOM

>yfw this piece of shit would be one of the most valuable things in the world if you sent it back in time even only a hundred years.

A MESSAGE TO ALL NON-RPN NORMIES:

Stand aside faggots, its time to make calculators great again

>not using the OS X calculator in RPN mode

My HP 50hkilled itself today. The batteries it came with became hot enough to almost burn me, and hot enough to start melting the back of the calculator and the battery tray. I put new batteries in and it will not turn on. I was still within Amazon's return time, so I am getting a refund. I am not sure if it was the calculator or the cheap batteries it came with that did it. It had worked fine for ~3 weeks.

My ti-89 I got for $3 at a thrift store a couple years ago is still running strong though.

*hp 50g

Right

Were you keeping pieces of metal foil in the battery compartment for safekeeping or something? What the fuck.

listening to bottomless pit?

I was using it normally. I have no idea how it happened. The batteries had almost popped open when I took them out. I am guessing it was because of the cheap batteries that came with it, but I am not sure.

Does your wp34 has IR/USB mod?

I'd say get another one. That sounds like the batteries shorted out somehow, which I've never had happen on anything I've bought. I think you just got cosmically unlucky.

OSX is really pretty. Wish windows looked better.

werksonmymachine.PNG

Xlythe Holo theme

Yeah, I might. The buttons on the 50g are much more tactile than on the ti-89, and it has a dedicated log base 10 button, which is useful while taking a chem class.

Thinking of switching from TI Nspire.

Will I still be able to do matrices and triple integrals with comfort?

>OSX copies Metro
>Gee, I wish Windows looked more like Windows, just like OSX!
Stop using Windows 98.

I own two now, the older one's getting a couple mods.

I will make a post when it's finished!

*iOS simulator

this is the cheapest TI calculator with CAS. you can get one for a decent price. Most people don't even know this calculator exists it is exactly like the other TI NSPIRE CAS except without a color screen, so it is a more affordable alternative.

Tbh the only reason I didn't get a Casio is because they don't have CAS. If you don't need CAS go for a Casio.

I have never tried an HP50g it is cheaper and I guess a graybeard calculator.

Meh, care to send me the Win10 metro calc.exe? LTSB only has Win7 one.

>pic related

>tfw helped me through Discrete Computational Structures

God of calculators coming through.

How do you get your title bars to look like that on LTSB?

yeah

Same as you would on any other Windows version, UXTheme patcher.

professional cable monkey here; what do you use your calculator for? I only ever need the basic functions which I use on the computer. I have no idea how these are used in the real world...

mah boi

Any good android calculators?

I ordered a 50g and a 35s but now I can't find any buyers for my TI-84 and TI-89.

Does the 35s have a better feeling keypad than the 50g?

I thought about getting the 35s, but the 50g cost the same and had many more features.

I own a Prime, 50g, TI-89, nspire CX CAS, and TI-92.

There is no reason to use anything that's not the prime.

Only buy the 35s if you specifically need a scientific calculator without graphing or CAS abilities, otherwise get a 50g. I need both for some of my classes so I picked up both.

My hp48 died on me. Keyboard started acting up, like it would not register keypress here and there which is really nasty behavior for a calculator. Tried to repair it but i just ruined everything in the end.

Will probably get 35S.

Kinda don't really need calculator anymore since I'm behind computer all the time anyways.

Yeah, HP knows the new school semester is coming up, so they're spamming the fuck out of their shitty calculators.
HP hasn't been good since the 90s.

Never bothered or liked listening to memes but I tried out this rpn calculator app and found myself liking the way rpn calculators function. I may pick up a physical rpn calculator soon.

>shilling discontinued calculators
lol

>implying HP has anything to do with it
It's just RPN fans discussing RPN

If you buy them used like you should, HP doesnt recieve a single dime from you.

Same tactic as Thinkpad shilling. Get a $30 piece of shit as a gateway drug so they'll just upgrade to the latest models.

Sure thing faggot

>tfw old thinkpads are sold for 200 to 350 USD in my area.
Is the cheap thinkpad outdated meme shit at this point?

It's alright.

Better at math than the built-in Android one, at least.

used HP calcs are crazy expensive
they're cheaper to buy brand new because they haven't been scooped up by scalpers yet

I've bought 5 thinkpads and none of them cost more more than $120 each.
new thinkpads are objectively shit, they don't even look sturdy anymore

My latest one only cost me $60, the SSD i added cost more than that.

Now have: Ti-36x Pro, Casio FX-991EX (pic related), Ti-89 Titanium, Ti nSpire CX CAS.

Oooh, thank you for reminding me Ti-89 Ti emulators exist for Android.
I've always hated the calc app I have on here.

if u cant play snake on them they prolly suck

What are you looking at well logs for OP?

Best non-graphing calculator?

This. Or the previous model, fx-991es. shittier display, no fancy spreadsheet mode, but nicer button layout IMO

wp-34s

HP50g for the fucking win

Bet, nigga.

My Nspire CAS wipes the floor with the 89. But if I didn't have a nspire I'd want an 89 desu.

>fx-991es
Fucking slow and cant turn off converting to root, but still a good calculator

>reverse polish notation
>not just polish notation
Max pleb.

Its a fucking calculator. Ti, Casio, RPN. They all do the same thing you cucks.

>it's a fucking shell, command prompt is fine

a computer isn't a calculator retard it's not the same fucking thing

It's a valid comparison. Both command prompt and UNIX shells are a way to input text commands to the OS. One is vastly superior to the other. Just like RPN calculators > all else.

>A calculator isn't a computer

Who's the retard now?

>MansSkyAlpha-03.28...
Is it the March alpha of No Man's Sky?

>reverse polish notation > all else
Fuck off.

>I refuse to join the masterrace
Whatever you say user

What's that I can't hear you over the fact that smart phones can run gnuplot and octave now.

>> 2016
>>Still using a dedicated calculator.

in b4 muh exams

My phone has a 3.1" square screen, not exactly good for a calculator emulator. Dedicated devices are superior anyway.

There is no need to emulate a calculator when you can run fucking octave or numpy on your phone. Shit you can even install a chroot with the GNU core utils and compile just about piece of scientific software to run on your phone, on your phone.

Phones have enough processing power to do so much more than angry birds.

>There is no need to emulate a calculator
You're right, I've got the real thing
>when you can run fucking octave or numpy on your phone
Sounds like quite the experience on a 3" screen
>Shit you can even install a chroot with the GNU core utils and compile just about piece of scientific software to run on your phone
No I can't.
>on your phone.
Again, no I can't.
>Phones have enough processing power to do so much more than angry birds.
Really? I thought the 884KHz CPU in my calculator was much more powerful than the dual core 1.2GHz CPU in my phone. No fucking shit they can do more than Angry Birds.

Yeah, but not the leaked one, its a newer build with dummy server, just testing it.

>>No I can't
Then you shouldn't be on Sup Forums.

You misunderstand. I'm perfectly capable of doing such a thing, but it would require a different phone.

/ck/ here, i got an old casio CFX-9950GB PLUS.

I found it in an old storage box, used it in high school, 11-12 years ago.

Still running fine after so many years, but i lost the cable data...

Any idea what i should do with this ?

Oh, Sup Forums, what have I done and gotten myself into now?

Either a Ti-36x Pro, or Casio FX-991EX.
They're easily the two best scientific calculators on the market right now, and each have pros / cons that make them about evenly matched, so it comes down to a matter of preference.

>$100 for the HP 50g
The fuck? It's $51 on US Amazon. Even converting to CAD it's still only $66.
Good calculator, but you dun got ripped off.

canadian money is really worthless lol, i thought you were getting ripped off, that's like $60 usd

You will have fun with this little machine. Learn RPL, it's easy and fun. Like Forth with some other stuff strapped on.

>50$ for a calculator

$50 for one of the best models is a pretty damned good deal. Just look at TI's prices for comparison.

thanks based JT