Give one (1) good reason you aren't waiting for Polaris/Vega?

Give one (1) good reason you aren't waiting for Polaris/Vega?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.de/amd-polaris-10-r9-490x-ellesmere-gpu-grafikkarten,news-255505.html
gulli.com/news/27376-amds-polaris-ist-nicht-schneller-als-fury-x-2016-04-21
wccftech.com/amd-polaris-radeon-r9-490x-490-june/
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/amd-confirms-polaris-10-to-replace-fury-x-33136353/
pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Polaris-Hardware-261587/News/R9-480X-470X-1192478/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Polaris is going to be a disappointment and vega is too far away.

Also I'm not poor.

There haven't been reason to upgrade your GPU since like, 2012.

Because I don't care. I've got my 7950 and it still capable of doing what I want it to.
Zen interests me far more.

>being interested in shit that will get outperformed by 2 year old intel CPUs.

But I am waiting for Vega
>4096 14nm GCN 5.0 shaders
>coming this fall
anyone not waiting for official specs at least is retarded

seriously, if you have a 1070 or 1080 preordered you're an idiot

But I am waiting for Vega.

Who the fuck pre-orders a GPU?

nvidiots

Games are for children

Nvidia "enthusiasts"

Why are you waiting for poolaris when you can buy a 390 and get the same performance now?

I want my room to be cooler during summer.

I am waiting for Polaris.

Well I'm one of those Nvidia ''enthusiasts'' and I still haven't pre-ordered shit. You've got to be retarded to pre order ANYTHING before it's released.

Because i don't need anything higher than a 950 to max cs:go

hell even a 750ti would suffice

Because I have 2x 7950's not even overclocked and butter smooth.

Clearly you aren't one. You have to preorder all of your nvidia gear and any new GPUs if you wish to be one.

You're just an outsider at this point.

I am.

because all rumors are making polaris 10 a low/midrange card and vega (the 1070 and 1080 competitor) isn't out for at least another year according to the amd roadmap.

>meming

But i do.

And why you aren't waiting? Don't tell me you gonna buy Nvidia trash?

I have Hawaii already and that's sufficient for everything currently out there. R9 290 @ 1080 MHz.

Not the guy you're responding too, but it's very unlikely that AMD is actually going to catch up to Intel in terms of performance. Intel is already on 14nm and will be on 10nm in q1 2017.

Me. I posted screenshot proving i have AMD card. IT SUCKS DICK. I HATE IT. FUCK AMD. I WANT AMD TO DIE. YOU AMD UCKS PISS ME OFF. With nvidia i pay for premium hardware. I can afford that.

>my baseless assumptions and opinions will surely make this guy buy AMD products!

290X

>waiting 12 months when you can buy something good right now

Yeah I'm buying a 1070. Why you mad? Don't tell me you're so much of a child to be triggered by things like this.

I've never waited for an AMD GPU before, and I'm not about to start now.

i won't get 5280K performance anyway.

i'm looking for a cheaper chip which equals to a Intel Xeon 1231V3 for my wildest mitx dreams

i think you inserted your gpu the wrong way

That chip's like 200 bucks, bro.

You seem upset. 1070 is not even high end.

it is compared to AMD

in germany it's 250€ new. you can get a used though for 190€ though already but it doesn't matter. i just want equal performance for muh vr gayms at a cheaper price point.

>2x anything
>butter smooth
I dumped my crossfire 7950's for a single 290x and never looking back

>I'm not a gaymur
>my desktop takes an MXM II GPU and I don't believe any new cards are coming out that support that
There, you got two.

Why nvidiots always turn these threads into flame wars? Why are you always butthurt?

You seem mad. You didn't expect me to fall for the amd wait meme did you? Are you crying because I'm not buying amd?

Awwww poor you :'(

>I'm buying a 1070
I hope this comes with the caveat of
>IF it's less than $400 after OEM coolers
>IF it benchmarks at or above marketing materials
>IF it has a larger performance gain in dx12 and vulkan over maxwell than dx11, proving that support for the low level api has increased
>IF it isn't rivaled by Polaris 10 or outshined by Vega, possibly coming in only 4 months, 3 months after the launch of the 1070

I seriously hope you're thinking through all of that because I am too and if it's all true I'll be team nvidia as well

Because my gpu does what I need and, I don't pay the power bill, and it runs with acceptable temperatures (Gigabyte G1 GTX 980)

If the chip has the performance you want, waiting months to save $60 is kind of retarded. I work minimum wage and $60 isn't that big of a deal for me.

kek i already recognize you. Same enraged faggot every thread.

Take your pills, pal.

my idea is more about supporting amd in sales. i want my full amd rig back. maybe even a capable APU if dualgraphics become a thing in future dx12 AAA games.

this draws less performance in desktop mode and increases performance when gaming due to rendering offload and the increase drawcalls go well in hand for it.

AMD - The Future is Fusion

(You)
SO TRUE. They piss me off!

Yep that's probably me. This is the 2nd thread I've been in this week where I've said I'm buying nvidia this time and buttflustered fanboys like you start crying because I'm supporting >le eeevil nvidia.

Stay mad. :^)

>second most powerful single GPU of all time
>not even high end

>he browses this board so much he can recognise people from their posts

talk about neckbeard basement dweller

Buy whatever you want and relax. Seriously its bad for your health.

Daily reminder to filter GTX1080, 1070 threads before reviews hit the press because Sup Forums would be devastated by disappointed nvidia fanboys.
>b-but 15% is already good as it is!
>b-but i needed VR improvements!
>O- of course its cost m-more than 600, it has non-reference design!

>taking shit like this personally

Really? Cmon man. Both companies will fuck you over without batting an eye. This brand loyalty shit is fucking retarded.

FYI I've owned both amd and nvidia.

>calling someone a neckbeard basement dweller on Sup Forums

>bad for your health

Lol mate, I don't shill 24/7 like my life depends on it like you do. Go outside for once.

Do you AMDrones really believe the performance improvement is going to be 15%? kek.

We are going from 28nm to 14nm, having a card run at 2.1GHZ live of stage and we are already talking about about 6.5 TFLOPS, which is almost as much as a titan X (talking about the 1070, the 1080 has 9)

You've either got to be completely tech-retarded or deluded to not understand what performance improvement we are about to whiteness.

Literally an overclocked 980ti
not impressed

Didn't you just tell him not to buy "nVidia trash" but now you're saying he can buy what he wants after he put you in ground?

Amdrones everyone.

>Amdrones suddenly rate the 980 ti

Kek

How is a GPU that had a shrink in die size and is on completely new architecture just an overclocked 980ti? Speaking about tech-retarded.

>amdrones
>nvidiots
It's like you people are fucking twelve.

we're 11

>$900 custom PCB 980ti is slower than a 1080 stock for $599

Amdshills suddenly think they know about nvidia cards lmao

>2012

Hows that GTX 460 treating you?

waiting for vega 10

2012 would be the 600 series.

B-Because Nvidia is evils!!!11111

Poolaris will be 390x/Hawaii replacements at $350. Vega won't be ready until 2017. By then we'll have Volta with HBM2.

Face it, in the end you're all just performance hungry sluts who doesn't care about justice. You want the biggest and baddest cards shoved in your tiny little itx rigs.

But I am. I'm waiting to see what Zen looks like as well. I'm currently using a 4690k and an R9 290, but if Zen and Vega are everything they're supposed to be I'll likely be upgrading and going 4k.

I prefer GNU/Linux.

Also bad experiences with AMD Drivers on Windows anyway, so I wouldn't care for it.

You guys think they're really going to push Vega up to October and if so will it still have HBM2?

>fermi was 6 years ago

Time sure flys when you're shitposting

Probably a desperate paper launch like Polaris next week.

For the low end Polaris
>passive 4K video playing without fans
>no 6 or 8 pin power connector necessary (card runs off PCI power)
>not wanting the best cool and quiet card

Not too much a gamer but looking forward to the lower end card

You can already do that with those new 950s.

>doesn't require power connector
>like 50w power consumption
>faster than 960 once overclocked
>decodes HEVC 8k without even fan spinning

*140w

Video decode is not that expensive, even on CPU.

A new gen is better than the old one OH SNAP.... but hey better fall for marketing .... sad consumerdrones

Because I'm impatient and the 1070 comes out soon. AMD might be able to convince me to wait, but I doubt it. There's a lot of hype around Polaris, but who knows if it's just hype and won't be everything AMD is saying it will be.

Would it be better if AMD died and was bought out (at least their graphics department) by a company with the resources to make them more competitive?

it started giving me bluescreens because of nvidias new fuckboy drivers so i switched to an r7-370

I am but only because of being a poorfag and having waited for years anyways

you mean ... AMD?

Because that's exactly what they did...the company you're thinking of ("their graphics department") is/was called ATI and used to be separate.

It was bought by a company called AMD with the resources to make them more competitive.

>you mean ... AMD?
No. AMD does not have nearly as much money as Nvidia to invest in R&D, and especially marketing which is important because they need marketing to sell enough products to make enough profit to continue investing in R&D. ATI being bought by AMD is not quite what I'm talking about.

But I am waiting. I have the 970, but see no reason to upgrade since I'm on 1080p. I'm waiting for Vega, a non shit freesync monitor, and said freesync support on Linux. I don't know about GPU passthrough to a Windows KVM, I'd rather use the card natively on Linux. I don't know why people are going to buy the 1080 since it still won't be able to run UHD at 60Hz or 1440p at 120Hz, the 1070 looks like it will surpass the already popular 970 in sells.

Because I've already got this beauty in my system. That's right. Pre-SLI dual ASIC bitches.

AMD is a huge company, larger than nVidia by market cap, when you include the non-ATI parts. AMD:Intel::ATI:nVidia

They invest plenty in R&D, but a majority goes to APUs, memory arch, etc rather than GPUs.

This hasn't stopped them from designing the GPUs used in almost all non-PC-form-factor hardware

Because I just bought a 6600k and waiting for the 1070.

Already preordered my Founder's Edition GTX 1080

>because all rumors are making polaris 10 a low/midrange card
Where the fuck did this stupid meme come from? There are plenty of rumors saying that polaris 10 is going to offer at least Fury X performance.

Fucking Nvidia shills.

please post those rumors

all ive found is the hitman 1440p dx12 benchmark which would put it around fury performance

I wanted something for amdgpu, so I got a 380X because it was the best GCN1.2 card before a Fury.
I'll probably wait until 2017 to upgrade again, when Vega has dropped in price, and the drivers are more or less stable.

because I bought my 290x in summer last year with the money I saved,I don't give a fuck about Polaris.

>completely new architecture
lol

i'm waiting for poolaris 11.

i don't play video games

:^)

>tomshardware.de/amd-polaris-10-r9-490x-ellesmere-gpu-grafikkarten,news-255505.html
>gulli.com/news/27376-amds-polaris-ist-nicht-schneller-als-fury-x-2016-04-21
>wccftech.com/amd-polaris-radeon-r9-490x-490-june/
>gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/amd-confirms-polaris-10-to-replace-fury-x-33136353/
>pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Polaris-Hardware-261587/News/R9-480X-470X-1192478/

You could have found all that with a quick google search yourself, but I'll gladly spoonfeed an Nvidia shill like you.

They can't match Pascal performance.

>speculation

Yeah until you can provide some legitimate evidence I'll agree with the other guy. I can find 10 different Web pages saying the 1080 is 3x faster than a fury x but I'm not a shill like you to do that because I follow the hard facts given by nvidia themselves. Amd have said themselves on their own roadmap that polaris 10 and 11 are mid and low range with vega being the higher end cards.

Please, go shill on WCCFtech or some other site where retards fit in.

But i am

Because my 7970 is still heaps good and most improvements over the last few years have been minimal. The life on this card is great, dont think ill need another computer until at least 2024

>this fall
you mean next year's fall right?